• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Princess of Frozen Flowers (An original medieval fantasy series)

Chapter 40 The Power of Politics

Snow, Lussuria and their Lotus agents were back in the now half-collapsed throne room. King Raden the second was sitting on his throne while a dozen soldiers and workers were clearing out the mess.

"I can't thank you girls enough, today could have been catastrophic to our relations with Regalia"

"Of course your majesty. It seems many hold us in distrust here. I hope today will be a turning point in our relations with each other."

"My father was executed before my very eyes by her majesty along with many harsh retaliations. I understand their sentiment. It took me a long time but I have come to terms with both reality and the need for forgiveness. War is war and my father was destructive, abusive and he needed to be stopped. No doubt I believe Her Majesty had to resort to such high punishments to put my people down a pedestal. That's all there is to it. I have long ago held your family in high regard. The other mountaineers however, are still tough on forgiveness. Look at Frederick. The man would rather throw himself from my balcony than submit to my ideals. The saying 'mountaineer republicans are thicker than rocks.' Isn't far from fiction. At least the ones from the older era." King Raden sighed. "I have a lot of work ahead of me, cleaning up after Frederick's mess. This would have been a lot worse if you did not intervene."

"What will happen with Frederick now, your highness?"

"Frederick will be removed from his position as head councilor of course, and jailed for a time."

"With all due respect to your majesty. The High Queen will more than likely request extradition from you, his crimes against Regalia are capital offenses." Arthur spoke respectfully.

"I know that. It's just that I sympathize with his becoming. Not his actions but what made him this way. He is no stranger to hard work. I am sure he does have a respectable vision, however that vision isn't mine nor what I want for this country. I would request her highness that he not be put to death. Even though his actions may deserve him so. At the end of the day I yield to whatever decision High Queen Deamonia issues."

Snow figured this was the perfect opportunity.

"King Raden, perhaps an exchange could be made."

"Exchange?"

"Once the Lotus are finished interrogating Frederick. The high queen will forgive any extradited crimes he committed." Arthur and Lussuria both looked at her in question.

"What do you expect me to exchange for that?"

"Forgiveness of the extradited crimes of Jarles Windram."

"Jarles Windram? The beast taming adventurer who slaughtered my father's offense general? I believe Sir Harper is quite familiar with him."

"Yes."

"I don't know him but I know of him, he has been the subject of tongue for several of my military advisors. I do not know if that is wise but, after the light of what happened today, I will not question your judgment. I accept the exchange."

"Very good." Snow did a mental fist pump.

Sir Harper entered with a few of his men. He removed his helmet before addressing the King.

"We detached most of the regal guard to secure the city prison and do a welfare check on all the councilors. As for the mercenary assailants, alot of them fled, but we are tracking them down."

"Sir harper. I also have you to thank for this. It is to my knowledge that you assisted Princess Snow and spared no time in bringing your men to prevent the coup."

Sir Harper looked at Snow with an eyebrow. Snow gave him a kind nod. Sir Harper nodded back.

"Yes Sire. Now if you will, I must see to other security measures."

"Thank you." The king put out his palm as Sir Harper left the room.

The King redirected his attention back to Snow and Lussuria.

"Now as your reward. What shall I do? Simple food and bath is already included in being my guest. Well, the bath section of the castle was destroyed by your agent so you'll have to use one of my separate estates." Ares started whistling and looking the other direction. All eyes fell on him.

"Hey, in my defense he was using witchcraft! Which merits the bypass of my limiter."

"It's fine. I would rather have a destroyed castle than any more deaths. That man to my knowledge is a part of the biggest stain our kingdom has ever had. I am not speaking of the mercenary guild either. Ignoring that, You are heroes this day. I have plenty of gold, or would you like land? I know the Lotus wouldn't need such monetary things but that's all I can think of." The king shifted looking at Snow.

"I have something else in mind. Have you ever heard of the labor guild?" Snow asked.

"Why no, I haven't. Do tell me."

Snow just finished explaining the labor guild plan.

"I don't know why you would go through the consul for this bill, It's a great idea Princess Snow. You should have brought it straight to me. I can decree it done to take the heat off her majesty. However, I have a feeling that after today, the councilors will vote unanimously in favor of it. I personally loath slavery. It is an outdated system and a bomb waiting to go off. That is exactly the reason why I do not contest her majesty. I believe she and I share the same vision even though most of my advisors argue otherwise. I seek a future that's filled with kingdoms in harmony, and not one kingdom that presses conquest on all others."

"I believe that goal is attainable as well." Snow backed up his statement.

The young King leaned back.

"Ah, but first I need to do a massive cleaning of city sentries. I didn't know Frederick was that embedded in. Mercenaries, who would have thought! I am afraid to look at the city vault. Frederick's been keeping that district stabilized since the end of the war ten years ago. Perhaps I gave him too much of my trust. If only Warden Isabella wasn't away. Maybe that's why Frederick grew bold and launched his plans now."

Another knight came rushing in.

"Sire, the warden is here! And she rounded up everyone! All the mercenaries are being held outside!"

"What?"

Everyone went outside. Standing in the entrance of the regal district was a woman wearing silver regalian armor. She had short boyish hair, a thin blue cape, and a longsword sheathed behind her back. The wind blew softly behind her as the air around her shifted unnaturally. Her chest bore a large insignia, a ring of fire; the emblem of a warden.

It was Warden Isabella, Warden of the Mountaneer Realm. Isabella trudged with perceived annoyance straight up to them.

"I can't leave for five minutes without an uprising it seems. Raden, please control your people. I feel like I should start charging you for my services." Warden Isabella whined before noticing Snow and Lussuria.

"Oh… Dea's kids, I see now. I assume the situation is under control then?" Warden Isabella looked at their entire group. "Well mostly under control I guess, you bunch look a little rough around the edges." Isabella laughed.

"It is, but some council members were put in jail." Snow addressed her.

"Yeah, I already freed them. Councilor Lazarus sent me a message, saying you were involved, like an incentive to rush me or something." The warden rolled her eyes.

"They are not chained up, why aren't they resisting?" The Mountaineer King asked while looking at the mercenaries. All the mercenaries were standing in a disciplined line as if they were a trained army.

"That's because they can't wait to go to jail, because I offered a much worse alternative." Isabella smiled with a fang. "Of course, that depends on your majesty's judgment."

The mountaineer king put his hand on his chin.

"Well of course they shouldn't be executed-"

"Wasn't talking to you, Raden. I was talking to 'her' majesty." Warden Isabella cut the king off. Everyone was shocked at the warden's disregard for the mountaineer king. Warden Isabella was looking directly at Snow. Snow looked left and right, unsure if Isabella was actually referring to her. Warden Isabella picked up on the uncertainty, and made it clear. "You are representing Dea, right? Well, give me the order, do they live or die?"

Snow actually got to decide that? Just like that?

"Um? Well, I don't think we should-"

"I'll make it a little bit more personal, more fun that way right?" Warden Isabella turned around, approached the line of mercenaries and dragged two men forward. It was the two men who assaulted her in the noble's district."These two are actual knights, unlike the rest. Higher standard of responsibility and such."

Snow stood silent as the warden dragged the men right to her.

"This one assaulted you." The warden threw the first knight to the ground at Snow's feet, it was the knight who stabbed her in the leg in the noble's district. "And this one intended to force himself upon you, quite disgustingly. I believe his exact thought was 'Blood makes for smooth passage.'good thing those ended up being just thoughts..." The warden threw the other man to the ground.

Snow looked upon the two knights who started pleading for their lives.

"I'm sorry princess, have mercy on us."

"Please princess, our disrespect was out of line!"

"I personally think that this disrespect shouldnt go unpunished. But hey, I ain't the one in charge. What say you?" Warden Isabella was waiting for a command.

Snow couldn't believe she was being put in the light like this. How did Warden Isabella even know about what transpired? Snow directed her attention to the men in front of her.

This was the first order she would ever make as a royal family member. Snow didn't know it would be like this. Clearly the right thing to do was to forgive, but was that the right choice? Setting an example, a reminder, could be the correct thing to do. Not to mention, looking at these men slowly brought forth a rising anger within her. This decision that should have been black and white revealed to have lacked any color at all. Snow's ears began to ring increasingly louder and louder, only to calm at the sight of the circling doves above. Everyone behind her was silent, Lussuria did not speak, the Lotus guards did not speak, the king himself did not speak. They all were awaiting her decision. She was granted power. No, she had power all along.

Snow knelt down to be on the same level as these souls in front of her. This decision was simple, live or die. Only it wasn't as simple, both decisions were wrong. Snow knew that both decisions were wrong. She needed to carve her own path. Even though she knew their pleas. Pleas that were weak willed and lacked any genuinity that deserved nothing more than death.

"What was it that you said? 'I'll be damned if I'll have to carry some Lotus runt?' Remember that?'"

"Please your majesty, that was the biggest mistake I ever made, never again will I dispute your rulership!"

"I don't deserve room in your heart, I am but a nobody to you! Out of line and out of control, it will never happen again!"

"I don't think you understand, you are not pleading to be spared. You are pleading, so that I don't make the remainder of your lives a torment that triumphs the deepest hells ever conceptualized. 'Maybe a lesson in humility is called for?'" Her eyes took a vengeful cast upon these men of animosity. The ice on her wounds began to slowly expand.

"We beg, we beg, forgiveness! We should have never did that to you!"

"We committed the greatest sin by assaulting you!"

Snow stood back up, looking down at these exploiters. It is human nature to beg for mercy when no other option remains. Pride is always the last to be stripped on the vessel of self preservation. At least with Frederick, she understood. Frederick was made victim, and even when he was made aware of that, he held fast onto his pride. These groveling imitations, grasping at any words just to buy a little bit more time, angered her. The tracker was right. Dousing yourself in morality only serves to dull your senses. The ice on her hand expanded even more, nearly covering her fingers now. This anger, this feeling of weakness, why should they live when she had to fight all the way to get here. How many times must she take the high road, how many times must she make something out of the impossible? It wasn't a lack of forgiveness, it was the very question of why? Why should she forgive the weak? Why are they even worth saving?!

Silence.

Her thoughts paused. Something grabbed her hand. Snow looked down to see another icy hand holding onto hers. It was Lussuria. Looking up to Lussuria, Snow could see Lussuria's eyes; eyes that portrayed overwhelming confidence, elitism and unrelenting narcissism, they acknowledged Snow as well as relaying the same message, 'You are above this.'

Snow took a breath and lowered her head. The crystalline ice shifted and began to recede, her scrambled emotions were back under control.

"I forgive you." Snow said.

The knights cried with gratitude.

"Thank you, your majesty!

"Yes, may the goddess bless you!"

"But you will still be punished." Snow uttered softly. That silenced them.

Warden Isabella unsheathed her blade in response, holding it above their heads.

"I don't want to die!"

"Princess, Please!"

"No, Isabella. Not with their heads." Snow stopped the warden. "They will help build the very thing they sought to destroy. They will take up the collar, until our guild is finished and my mother's decree comes into effect. The rest will be jailed."

Warden Isabella sighed.

"Was hoping for something a little more… capital, if you get my drift. But, as your majesty commands..." Warden Isabella sheathed her greatsword and hunched over the knights. "Back on the line, you two wastes of breath. Her Majesty believes you can still be redeemed. Now get!" She kicked them over and they got up, returning to their positions on the lineup.

Snow took a breath. That was intense. She didn't know what got into her there.

After the men returned to their positions, Warden Isabella approached Snow again and held out her hand.

"I believe her majesty has something for me?"

Warden Isabella opened her hand. Snow was unsure of what she wanted before realizing.

"Oh right, the ring." Snow took out the mind alteration ring and handed it to Warden Isabella.

Isabella held the ring in the air and closely examined it, before returning her gaze to Snow.

"Is there an issue?" Snow questioned the look.

"This ring is a fake."

"Fake?" Everyone said in harmonious shock.

"Well, not a fake persay. More like a prototype of the real one; a garbage attempt at replicating the real one actually. No wonder the effects on the council members weren't permanent."

"Does that mean the one in the vault was a fake?" Arthur asked the warden.

"Nope. The one in the vault was real. Based on the skeletons in the seal room, it was the real deal." Warden Isabaella gave an exasperated sigh, "Looks like i need to interrogate him."

"Who, Frederick?"

"No, the freak with the eyepatch."

Isabella's gaze fixated on Lussuria.

"Princess Lussuria. You have been subjected to them right. The black cloaked mages.

Lussuria looked away.

"Yeah."

"Do you mind if I read your memories?"

"You can do that?"

"Yes."

"Hm…" Lussuria looked as if she didn't want to.

"This will greatly assist in my investigation."

"Very well…" Lussuria gave in with a nervous expression. Warden Isabella crouched down to her level, looking her right in the eyes. "Relax." Isabella demanded. A cold breeze blew as Isabella's eyes flashed blue. The shifting air behind her started expanding, distorting, and morphing.

"That's the same spell they used on me? How do you-" Lussuria grew surprised before her eyes fell blank.

Isabella only gave a half smirk in response before focusing deeper into Lussuria's eyes. The events that transpired were seen on the emotions of Isabella's face. The warden's focus grew into deep concentration, surprise, and then anger. "Golden One? Who the hell is that?" Isabella's eyes reverted to silver. Lussuria collapsed backwards, into Arthur's Arms. "Well, I got a lead at least. A most interesting one." Isabella stood up.

"Warden, what did you do to her?!" Arthur questioned worriedly.

"Relax, I just put her to sleep."

"Will she be okay?" Snow asked.

"Yeah, she's technically been awake for one day, but after those attempted mental alterations, it must feel like a few weeks. Honestly, I don't know how she was able to control that construct in that state. It's like she automated herself. Damned rat mages are still at it with their experiments."

Warden Isabella turned to King Raden. "I'll do you the favor kid and bring them to jail to ensure they all get there. Then, they are your problem. I will then interrogate Frederick and the one-eyed freak. This 'golden one' character seems to be pretty important. I just hope it doesn't lead me to another dead end. Anyways, I'll be sure to mention an illustrious report on how her majesty and Princess Lussuria prevented a coup in my absence. Not that it would last long anyways. Dea cares so much about public image that she should be fawning over this. I believe that is everything. Yadayada, bow, curtsy, whatever formality fits your satisfaction, Good day." Isabella made her exit from the regal district, the line of mercenaries began to follow her. Everyone heard Isabella shout, "Boys, who's ready to go to jail!" None of the mercenaries answered until she reiterated."I said, who. Is ready. To go to jail!" A sharp wind blew and the men started cheering out of fear.

King Raden waved her off.

"Such a nice lady" He admitted with a blushed face.

Everyone was confused about his interpretation of her.

Chapter 41 The Most Expensive Recipe in History

The next afternoon, Snow was preparing to leave the Mountaineer Kingdom. The King himself had orchestrated passage for them. Royal servants were loading gifts and supplies onto their caravan. Lussuria had woken up earlier that morning stating she had the best sleep she's ever had; she was currently at Lazarus' estate with Arthur. Crow was seeing to Ares' wounds. Snow had just finished wrapping up the details of the labor guild plans with King Raden. They also had a fun conversation where they exchanged stories of sneaking out of their respective castle's causing royal panic.The King was more like her than she expected. It made him seem a lot more human and closer to her despite the distance between their kingdoms. They were walking out of the castle.

King Raden accompanied Snow to the regal district steps, they both looked to the twin constructs that were being repaired off to the sides.

"Did you really climb to the head of the twin guardian, while your sister wrestled it with a construct?" King Raden asked her curiously, looking at the remains of the giant statues.

"Yeah, it was pretty stupid honestly."

"That must have been so cool to watch. I wish I could have witnessed it!" The King could no longer hide his youthful excitement, in the short time they spent together, he seemed to have opened up considerably.

"Yeah, It was cool I guess… Had a nice view of the regal district from up there." Snow tried to act humble about it. She couldn't help but feel cool though.

"Thank you again, Princess Snow. I owe you my life." Raden bowed to her, in view of the noble's district and everyone around the caravan. Snow blushed; she never would have imagined the Mountaineer King bowing to her.

"Of course your majesty. I just want what's best for everyone."

"You will make a fine leader in the future. Stay true to that path. If you need anything from me, just ask. Perhaps, next time you visit, we may dine at the peak of the mountain."

"That would be nice, your majesty."

Snow descended the regal district steps and stopped at the caravan at the bottom. The caravan was long, consisting of several carriages, supply filled wagons and mountaineer knights on horseback. Sir harper was standing in wait in front of their carriage.

"Sir Harper, what are you doing here?" Snow approached him.

Sir Harper nodded. "Why Snow, looks are truly deceiving. Not only did you get your guild and construction passed, but you saved the King."

"Well, I couldn't do it without your help. Are you back in service?"

"His Majesty needs someone trustworthy to command his army so there are no more premature hostilities. I was reinstituted as Head General of the Mountaineer Republic, mainly to crack down on the generals who were conveniently ready for the Frederick's decree to go through."

"Wow, that's big. Congratulations, General Harper."

General Harper laughed. "Thank you, princess. You may still refer to me as Sir Harper though, until I can beat you in praefectus. That is."

"Now that you won't underestimate me, I'll probably lose." Snow smiled before turning to the back of her caravan. "What is all this?" There were soldiers lining behind their caravan with a bunch of crates filled with rocks, adding to the wagons.

"It wouldn't be right if we didn't give you a proper escort back home, considering the treatment you received upon arriving here. The king also wishes to send some supplies that Regalia needs, as thanks for your actions here." The soldiers were loading up wagons of fresh ore.

"Wow, that would be great. I believe my mother could use the ore to upgrade the old district."

"There's nothing stronger than ore from our mountains. High Queen Deamonia would put good use to it. Let me know when you are ready to leave. I believe Princess Lussuria was gathering the last of her things from Head Councilor Lazarus's estate."

"Head Councilor? Lazarus is head councilor now?"

"With Frederick being removed, the next upper councilor must take his place to finish the remainder of the term. That would have been me but as I am now head general, I can not. Augnem would be next, but he quit. Lazarus is next in line."

"I see… the three…" Snow said under her breath.

"What was that?"

"Nothing, oh hey there is Lussuria!" Lussuria was approaching them. Snow went to greet her.

Lussuria must have cashed in greatly on Lazarus. Lussuria came up with a multitude of Lazarus's servants behind her, carrying half a dozen crates.

"Lussuria, didn't Lazarus just say ONE outfit, not his entire manor!"

"Oh my goodness Snow you should SEE Lazarus's wardrobe, he has an entire hall full of newly designed outfits! Even the ones he claims are garbage are pristine. They are all unique!" The servants were adding more luggage to their wagon. The caravan seemed to be growing by the minute.

"That's a lot of stuff, Lussuria. Was he fine with all that?!"

"Oh it's fine." Lazarus appeared behind them.

"Lazarus!" Snow greeted him, she hasn't seen him since she was running from Frederick's guard. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I am glad I was able to put my trust in you. I knew you could accomplish it. Do you mind if we take a short walk?"

Snow and Lazarus went out of sight of the caravan.

"Snow, the labor guild. I understand It will need a few painters to spruce it up."

"Oh, Lussuria must have hit your income really hard if your asking me for diplomatic favors."

"Ha! You are very smart. That's why I like you." Lazarus laughed. "But no, I jest. I am here to offer you advice on how to acquire the funds for the guild," he handed her a letter. "It just requires some.. Forgiveness. But I believe it's better for everyone this way, do you agree?"

Snow's eyes widened as she read the letter.

"This, how did you get all this information, all these transactions, all these names, all this proof?"

"I told you, I hate him. After you departed my manor I set out on my own mission. It's the perfect punishment." Lazarus smiled devilishly.

"Ok deal, send it! Wait, but first, you got a quill?" Lazarus offered her quill and ink and she quickly scrambled something on the back before she started to lightly blow on the paper.

"Is that a.. recipe?"

"Yeah I figure this is what he would get in return for his generous donation so he can't write it off his taxes."

"I see, a very fair bargain then!"

Snow handed him the letter.

"I guess I still owe you that portrait huh." Snow said, Lazarus looked very happy at the mention of that.

"You remembered, no worries, I'll schedule a meetup in Regalia eventually. I must go there soon to sign the deed over to your mother. Now, let me go before your sister requests more of me." Lazarus looked tired at the mention of Lussuria.

"Hey she's a huge fan of yours Lazarus, maybe your number one."

"I've tailored more in the past day than this year. She would outgrow those clothes before she's able to wear them all.

"It's all about options, Lazarus. Oh, and one last thing.."

"Yes, Snow?"

Snow's innocent face was betrayed by her next words,

"I know that Jack wasn't offered a deal for the deed. I also know that there was no reason for you to have me crawl through that web system. Lastly, I know this was a plan from the start to become head councilor. My question is, what more do you stand to gain and what more do you want from me?"

Lazarus only gave a dark smile.

"Like I said, friends help each other. Did you not get your guild passed?"

"I do not approve of being used. Next time you want something, be direct about it."

"But Snow, it is more fun this way, no?"

"No."

"And what would be the other way? I played you to your strengths. Not to mention you became stronger in the process."

"You played me, exactly right. You will make up for it too. Any legislation, any publicity, anything I ask. You will deliver, understand? Just like you used me, I'll be sure to return the favor."

Lazarus bowed.

"I am at your service. See? You and me work well together. It is why I chose you. Ah, but atlast, my influence on you will probably wane now that the mountaineer boy king has taken interest."

"What?"

"He fawns for you. Quite clearly. I hope we can still remain friends, I truly wish it to remain so. Apologies if you dislike my means, but I wish nothing for the best for you."

"Sure, whatever, just be direct next time you want something.. And unfortunately for the king, I already have someone else in mind. See ya."

"Oh, young Love. So strong. So complex. Have a safe trip, Snow."

"Bye Lazarus."

Snow returned to the carriage where Crow and Ares were arguing again.

"Go inside you idiot, you need rest!"

"I can rest up here!"

"You can't even move that arm anymore! If you're going to burden me by coming back with us then at least lay down in the carriage, so it doesn't get dislocated!"

"You're overexxagerating, see? I can move it!" The sound of the axe clicked along with the forced muffled of his grunts.

"That doesn't count!"

"The axe is a cast! It will heal in no time. Besides, the healers here suck."

"You know, Lamille can heal that." Snow interrupted them.

"Exactly see, Princess Snow agrees. I'm coming."

"Ugh." Crow complained into the air.

"Shut up, I know you prefer me up here anyways. Arthur told me how you shedded a tear when you thought I died."

"Wait, that's not true!"

"Well, I'm offended you didn't cry more! All I get is one tear?"

Crow grunted as Ares continued to tease him.

Snow had one more person she needed to see, it seems he finally made it. A man wrapped with bandages was seen walking towards them, Snow ran up to meet him.

"Sir Omeric." He looked so different without his armor, he was a lot more slim than she imagined, his dark complexion went well with his hazel eyes and long hair.

"Princess. Thank you for saving the King."

"Sir Omeric, I should be the one thanking you."

"You came back for us in the Regalia to warn us about the ambush. You are the reason why that beast tamer saved us. You freed your sister here. You saved the Mountaneeir King himself. All you do is save people. You are an inspiration to what a real knight should be."

"I want you to return to Regalia with me. After all that's happened, I have no doubt my mother would reinstate your rank."

Sir Omeric smiled at the thought before looking down.

"I would love to.. but, I am afraid I must decline, Princess."

"Why is that?"

"General Harper offered me a position under him, as you've seen some of the knights here should not be knights. There is a lot of corruption and no discipline. I feel like I can be most useful for the Lotus monarchy by assisting General Harper with instilling proper values into them. Perhaps I can be like you and help others."

"I see. Well, I wish you the best of luck. Be sure to take care of yourself." Snow gave him a hug at which Sir Omeric flinched in pain.

"rg!"

"Sorry!" Snow quickly let him go and finished saying her goodbyes. Afterward, she returned to the carriage. Lussuria was already inside, waiting for her. Snow was helped inside by Arthur.

A whistle sounded as the caravan took off, the King, along with everyone else waved them off. The royal caravan began traveling down the noble's district. Hundreds of citizens had gathered outside to see the grand caravan passing through like a parade. Their journey here had come to completion and the mission was a success.

"Thank goodness that's finally over." Lussuria laid back. "And a good carriage too, thank the goddess."

"Yup, it was a complete success. How is your arm Lussuria, can you cast magic?" Lussuria's arm looked clear of ice but she still had trouble moving it.

"Warden Isabella said to give it a week. The ice may have receded but my nodes need to heal. You should have seen my frost blast, Snow. It was so powerful I almost beat that tracker guy's strongest attack."

"Yeah, but almost at the cost of your arm."

"I'll make a more efficient version of it. If I'm not juiced out, I should be able to cast it with no problem. I can't wait until my nodes heal, I have so many spells I want to experiment with!" Lussuria got giddy thinking about it. "Lord Lazarus even showed me a string manipulation technique when he was making an outfit! I thought it was a magician class spell but runic mages can do it too. I just need to connect them to my runes."

"Look at you, not only did you get a bunch of clothes but you learned new spells."

"Me?! What about you Snow? You're immune to lightning! I don't even know what type of magic or person who can do that!"

"I guess I have some questions for mom when we get back."

"So, is the legislation going through? You know, the whole reason you came here?"

Snow handed Lussuria a copy of the construction details while explaining it,

"This deal is better than moms; more land, more money and the backing of ALL the councilors. Not to mention, we increased our reputation with the mountaineer kingdom!"

"So is the King paying for it all? This plan has a hefty price that is not deducted from the state treasury. Lussuria said as she read the terms note.

"We are going to get a charitable donation, Full coverage!"

"Full coverage?! from who?!"

"Oh I see," Arthur interrupted, sitting in his usual corner, with a shake of his head. "Jirminshawl must be quite upset right now. Must have been some letter you sent him."

"Yeah, let's just say I sold him the most expensive recipe of all time."

Lussuria handed back the plans.

"Now that it's over, do me a favor and don't ask me for another 'small favor' again." Lussuria stretched her good arm before looking out the window. "Wait, stop Crow!" The caravan came to a stop.

"What is Lussuria? Forgot something?"

"Look Snow" Lussuria pointed out the window. The life sized praefectus board was there.

"Are we really going to stop the caravan that has two dozen soldiers, half a dozen servants, and a bulk of supplies that Regalia needs, for a game of Life sized praefectus?"

Lussuria kept nodding yes.

"My money is on Princess Lussuria!" Ares shouted, while peeking through the driver window.

Snow mirrored Lussuria's smirk.

"You're on."

End

Princess of Frozen Flowers: Book 1

The Mountaineer Rebellion

"'The Kingdom in the Mountains,' sounds cool, until you find yourself running up a million steps." - Snow Regalia

Authors note:
That concludes book one of POFF. Thank you for taking the time to read my first work! Do not be shy, leave me some honest feedback. The feedback is invaluable to make the story as best as it can be. I plan on doing one more draft of this story before seeking professional publication.

As for book two; I'll start releasing chapters for book two in a few weeks.

Much love.

-Bloodkin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back