• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
Created at
Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

Hi all this is my first fanficion grammar fixes and opinions welcome.
This is a OC slight gamer...
001 The Beginning

Rheaq

OwO :333
Hi all this is my first fanficion grammar fixes and opinions welcome.
This is a OC slight gamer system, slightly inspired by shiro although the gamer part is quite lite.
I want to stress this wont be a "taking over the world in 50 chapters"
Story its going to deal with quite low stakes at the start and has very little of the "get every single serum, x gene, inhuman gene, basically get everything in the entire mcu"

My OC is not a "gamer" in the fact that she is NOT a sociopathic power gamer or has absolutely no flaws and does the "smart thing" everytime my OC is a real person from a real world she isn't especially good at superheroing at the start.

First couple of chapters will most likely be slow or even more slow than what I am aiming for.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a completely white room so white it seems to radiate life and purity not a single spec of dust can be seen; sitting at a desk is a beautiful woman shes too perfect it makes someone feel anxious just looking at her she doesn't blink quite right her lids stay completely still and stay on her eyes just a tad too long each time she blinks. she is sitting on a completely white chair which is to be frank hard to tell apart from the surroundings, she is sitting perfectly not a single part of her act can be described of anything but perfect a strange toothy smile graces her face as she awaits her charge for lack of a better word.

Bright lights, that's all I remember, wait who where am I? Oh god this no I- I this must be a dream I swear I looked both ways and then- bright ligh- our confused charge falls over her heart beating so loud you might be able to hear it if you where next to her. After 1 minute and 34 seconds of what can only be described as a breakdown our charge starts coughing wheezing for breathe.

I can't breathe.. "DESIGNAT... 0-B" what.. was that? why is there text in my eyes? I-I have finally lost my mind my mom was righ- coughing so much she is seeing stars heart beating so hard she closes her eyes and tries to focusing on her breathing.
Slowly ever so slowly does her pulse slow down she can finally breathe doing exhales and inhales in a 10 second interval which she learned to do far too young.

"DESIGNATION 0002304-0B" that voice? again what its so ethereal but it sounds so real... come on just open your eyes... here goes.

[DESIGNATION 0002304-0B]
CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN TO BETA TEST A NEW "GAMER SYSTEM"

wh-what?
YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN TO BETA TEST A NEW "GAMER SYSTEM"

"am I dead?"

*DESIGNATION 0002304-0B"

She looks up and over realizing shes still on the floor, she sees a- an angel is the best description but.. why is she smiling so wide? I was just freaking out for god knows how long and what does she me-

DESIGNATION 0002304-0B

"He-hello?"

"Excellent! I was told usually charges respond after 1 or 2 calls but it took you 206 calls for you to respond quite irregular!"

"Where am I? am I dead?" her calming tone has calmed my spiking heart rate maybe I have been kidnapped and this is my captor? but that doesn't really explain the absolute whiteness.. when I focus on the white walls I remember the bright ligh- OH GOD I shut my eyes quickly deciding sight has just made things worse

"You are in the realm of a god you cannot comprehend! and you exist so you cannot be dead! I am here to answer queries you have! this usually isn't apart of my job description but since this is a beta test we've decided a "friendly" face will help you get settled and hopefully curb the recent spike in fatalities in this beta test! has the smile put you at ease?" as she somehow stretches her wide grin wider.

"S-so I am not dead? can I go back? I don't really know what she said after that something about beta testing like a game? is this how blizzard goes about their beta testing?"

"You cannot go back to your world until you have reached the realm of being able to independently travel between realms something our gamer system can help with! And like I said you are not deceased you aren't in the void rejoice! but our way of getting potential recruits is "killing" them after they are about to die within the same day to keep the timeline stable, not that we really care about your realms timeline but paradox are a hassle to clean up or so I am told, has the smile helped? she again somehow smiles wider it honestly looks quite painful

SO I CANT GO BACK? WHY WHAT WHY??!!? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY YOUR GAME I WANT MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY OH GOD MY FAMILY her heart rate is climbing dangerously

"Hmm, you seem to be distressed it appears the smile didn't work strange, I have other charges to get too today and quite frankly this has been going on long enough I am temporary assigning you a gamer power." -the angel said

[GAMER MIND (TEMPORARY)]
[Immune to mind reading/control
immune to emotional control
Emotions become muted (ON/OFF)]

Huh its... weird I feel so free, the only time I can remember feeling like this is when I tried some weed brownies from my college friend everything is so.. chill no crippling anxiety no paranoid thoughts i am just... present something is blinking in my eyes... huh I opened my eyes and i can look at the walls the woman who is no longer smiling and I feel... nothing is this what death is like?

Something about a gamer mind huh so that's why my friend who played league of legends looked like he could flamethrower people and not blink he had some weird gamer mind power.

"Hello? Oh great you have stopped leaking! I was told humans only do that when they are gonna die! So strange! Now may I suggest you read the notifications in your minds eye? or as it looks its in your actual eyes because you ignored the intro for so long... I am here to answer queries but please hurry up 0002304-0B."

Fine but my name is... wait? what was my name? ah whatever I can freak out about that later

[DESIGNATION 0002304-0B]
CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN TO BETA TEST A NEW "GAMER SYSTEM"

Okay oh there is a little box underneath
[CONFIRM]
"how do I confirm?" -the charge said
"Oh most people get that intuitively I have heard I think you just think to confirm it hard, I am honestly not sure not many of people need help with this step honestly its not really documented on my manual"

I focus on confirm and furrow my brows but noth- oh there it goes

[DESIGNATION 0002304-0B] YOU HAVE BEEN UNIQUELY CHOSEN FOR A LESSER SYSTEM TEST FOR MORE NORMAL PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT UNIQUELY TEMPERED TO THRIVE WITH GAMER POWERS! IF WE LIKE WHAT WE SEE THIS CAN BE A BREAKTHROUGH IN THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE WE CAN ISSUE GAMER SYSTEMS! REJOICE FOR PLAYING A PART IN HELPING US REACH ACROSS THE OMNIVERSE!

"Huh I don't really.. okay? I mean I don't know how to feel about that and even if I did I can't feel anything really right now."

"The system can't verbally respond." -the angel said

Oh okay I think I would find that embarrassing usually,"hey why is there only one option?"

"0002304-0B I cannot see your system what does it say?"

[ACCEPT]

"uh it just says accept"

"Oh yeah most people we have realized always pick accept when they hear the alternative of going into a void of nothingness for eternity so we decided to just remove it to save space there was a realm wide memo about it"

Huh then I guess...

[THANK YOU FOR ACCEPTING!]

[RANDOM CHARACTER +RARITY+PP]

[CREATE CUSTOM CHARACTER]

"Hi um whats your name again"

"You cannot pronounce my name 0002304-0B and hearing it may break your mind but you can call me Angel as I am a agent for the God of this realm"

"Okay Angel its asking me to pick a random character or create a custom character um why would I need to make another character can't I just use my body?" wait where is my body?

"You cannot use your old body as we had to leave it so people know you where dead I.E no paradox what you are right now is in your soul form you will have your memories as altered as they may be to not break the world you go into"

"Wow yeah that is gonna freak me out, honestly not feeling is amazing I can imagine I would have so many breakdowns just from that sentence, can I ask what +Rarity and +PP means"

"+Rarity in referencing to having a better start than the "average" character, hmm hold on a second let me pull up your world for reference.... Okay! it would be like being born inside a good country instead of a poor country! Or if you stack it enough you could be born to a corporate magnate! Basically it makes it easier to start than starting from just an average joe."

"+PP Are Perk Points to pick up some useful ability like the gamers mind you are currently experiencing."

"You could probably get this information by focusing on the keywords in your system but I am hear to answer your questions, as for why we do this its too incentive a random start apparently it gets better data."

huh okay well as much as I would love to custom my self into a super model I think being born in a poor village would be hard to get out of

as I focused on random start I get into the next page

[START FROM EMBRYO +RARITY]

[START FROM 0-5]

[START FROM 6-12]

[START FROM 13-18 +3STAT]

"whats sta-" nevermind I focus on the +STAT in my mind
[+3STAT GIVES YOU 3 STATISTICS TO USE]
I... yeah I figured.. I focus on STAT in my mind ignoring the +
[Stats are what quantify everything! The stats you have access too are;

STRENGTH
[Is for moving things with your physical power! Affects running speed, lifting weight, climbing speed! (doesn't effect weight, The average strength on your previous world was 2.3 with the max reached being 4.4)]

CONSTITUTION
[Its for resisting diseases and taking punches! effects resistance to pain, maiming slicing and piercing damage! (doesn't effect weight,The average on your previous world was 1.9 with the max reached being 4.)]

DEXTERITY
[Its for throwing and hand-eye coordination! Used for aiming ranged weaponry and flexibility! (Has a compounding effect with Agility and Perception, The average on your previous world was 2.6 with the max being 5.1]

AGILITY
[Its for running away or to goals! effects your running speed with Strength, and balance with Dexterity! (The average on your previous world was 2 and max being 4.4)]

INTELLIGENCE
[Its for thinking! thinking of complex problems and being able to comprehend them! Creative solutions to problems! The average on your previous world was 3.3 and the max was 8.9]

WISDOM
[Its for thinking through solutions with a clear head able to realize word traps and what people are trying to achieve around you! Has a compounding effect with INTELLIGENCE! The average on your previous world was 2.8 and the max was 5.6]

PERCEPTION
[Its for seeing what is happening around you! effects all senses! makes you more likely to notice hostile intentions! when high enough provides a "danger sense" The average on your previous world was 2 and the max was 4.7]

CHARISMA
You do not have access...

LUCK
You do not have access...

wow that.. was alot,.. what i have noticed is that the numbers are quite small not a single double digit number on my "previous" world, god thats alot to take in even with my emotions muted.
So +3 is... quite a lot no? I mean it depends on how much i get when i start but I could get above average strength off the bat and I say start with 1 strength to begin with I could basically be superhuman because it doesn't effect weight.. but does strength even matter? what would I even do with strength in my world? I guess it would be good for fighters but... I don't want to fight so its kinda useless. sucks I don't have access to charisma or luck but I don't know what they do any I have so many stats already I am finding it hard to care.

"Hey so I understand why embryo has +Rarity because it can be killed without you even knowing what happened but why is 13-18 offering such a bonus? I would assume that's a big choice without the incentive."

"I can answer that! oh where did I put that memo..." she reaches into space and grasps a small piece of yellow notebook its like the only thing I can actually see now since everything else is pure white. "here it is! Ah yes well it seems most of your gamer companions do what is called "power gaming" and from what I can comprehend watching a child lift weights and run on a treadmill is "boring as fuck" as your worlds denizens would say so we incentive skipping that."

huh that is.. I guess I get it but honestly I have never been for working out and I don't think I have the will to grind stats especially if this gamer mind is temporary... oh god that is not gonna be pretty.

I guess I choose 13-18 was not particularly interesting in going through puberty anyway hopefully i get a high roll in that age range.

[Congratulations!]
[Now time to pick your world!] (NOTE THESE WORLDS ARE REAL AND THE PEOPLE IN IT ARE AS WELL)
"wha?"
[Danmachi +PP!
DC Comics! +2 Rarity +3 in all stats!
Young Justice! +Rarity +2 stat points!
Highschool Dxd! Introduced magic stat!
MCU! +Rarity!
Marvel Comics! +2 Rarity +10 stat points!]

[Crossover! (Depends on what's chosen!)]
[Random! rolls your top ten worlds and picks one! (2X!)]
[TRUE Random! rolls ALL worlds of your worlds fiction you ever interacted with or seen (5X!)]
[The bonuses are based on the difficulty of the world and what you know of the world!]

"wow... this.. is insane." despite me probably adding more to more existential crisis when this gamer mind runs out this is amazing! I always dreamed of being in a fictional world! escaping my boring life!

I.. I can be a hero! I can save people! I can meet my heroes! I could hang out with Superman! or I could steal Bell's Harem! all the choices are just so.. AMAZING!

Okay I need to critically think of this, it could quite literally have me trapped in this world so I gotta pick carefully, hmm The comics worlds are out.
I don't really know anything about them except passing knowledge of major stories and I am guessing just knowing black lanterns is a thing wont exactly protect me from them and who knows I might end up in marvel zombies which yeah just the possibility that is out.

Danmachi and dxd are out because honestly I don't know much about them I am pretty sure I watched dxd when I had a fever and I only have passing knowledge of it now, and Freya... yeah no thanks plus anime characters being real people? how would that even work for the archetypal characters in Danmachi? Yeah I don't to find out.

Hmm I haven't seen much Young Justice but from what I know its an (early) dc world as Dick Grayson is still robin and Darkseid has not been seen yet.
It is between Young Justice and MCU I know way more about the MCU it kinda all depends when I get dropped in to be honest but if given time I am sure with my stat bonuses I can be useful and save lives!

Plus... I really want to hang out with Tony stark... its embarrassing but come on hes a genius! he literally made time travel in like what 2 weeks? if anyone can get me back to my world its him! I would entertain the random options.. but the chance it gets the comic worlds just puts me way off.

As I focus on MCU I notice Angel has been fidgeting checking her watch every couple of seconds did she even have a watch before? did she put one on just to put me under pressure? how rude.

[PICKED MCU! (Things will be different as movies and tv shows only show so much and licensing issues aren't really a thing in a real world!)]
[YOU HAVE +2 RARITY!]

[Rolling from +2 Characters!]
I felt.. something change... I looked down and... I had hands I did not really realize i did not have hands before wait did I not have eyes before? how did I close them then? whatever I am.. a young woman? who am I?
[Character Selected!]
[WELCOME KITTY PRYDE!]

Oh... OH shes um the uh X men girl from that 1 movie! she finds wolverine! wait is that rogue? huh having rogues powers would be honestly kinda sweet I mean I am sure the crippling touch starve basis of it would have me being even more of an anxious mess but I have to admit its pretty powerful and I have super powers! that is amazing!
I can actually be a hero in this new world!

[KITTY PRYDE AGED 14]
[Recently ran away from home when she fell through her room to the bathroom spraining her coccyx and discovering she is a mutant!]

Stats! +3 points!
STR:2
CON:2
DEX:3
AGI:2.5
INT:4
WIS:3
PER:3
CHA:2(cannot be raised by normal means)
LCK:4(cannot be raised by normal means)

Powers!
[INTANGIBILITY!]
[Able to phase through solid matter!]

GAMER MIND (TEMPORARY)]
Immune to mind reading/control
immune to emotional control
Emotions become muted (ON/OFF)

PERKS (2 POINTS)
NA

TRAITS
[Anxiety! Yes somehow your anxiety has come with your soul! how unfortunate! but since its here have another perk point!]

OH that girl from that terrible last stand movie!
she can run through walls and stuff that is really cool!
although I really haven't seen much of her powers or comics I know she was the one supposed to go back in time for the movie but she didn't because wolverine is more recognizable,
I also know she can bring other people with her when phasing!
I am still not entirely sure how that scene worked when she jumped off that building into the ground and popped back up now that I think about it but that is so cool!

my anxiety really actually came with me to another world?
that is seriously fucked!
I mean I have always been an anxious person but seriously its IN MY SOUL?
now I feel bad for all the times I got mad at doctors because their drugs didn't work I guess they are not used to fucking SOUL anxiety.

CHOOSE PERKS!

THESE USEFUL PERKS WILL GIVE YOU A LEG UP ON THE COMPETITION EITHER WITH HELPING YOU GRASP YOUR EXISTING POWER BETTER OR AUGMENTING THEM TO HAVE MORE USES!

[INTANGIBILITY BREATHING] (1 Point)
[One of Kitty Prydes weaknesses is she can't breathe while in solid matter or at least she can't start of doing it! with this perk you get rid of this weakness can be learnt through breakthrough!]

[INTANGIBILITY MIND AND BODY] (1 Point)
[Another of Kitty Prydes weaknesses is sometimes being stuck in stuff! well you don't have comic protection or plot armor so if you phase half through a floor you get cut in half! but with this perk you just get stuck! no losing limbs by accident for you! ]

[INTANGIBLE AIR STEPS] (1 Point)
[Ever wanted to fly? well this is kinda like that except its like walking! Can be learnt through breakthroughs!]

[INTANGIBLE DANGER SENSE] (1 Point)
[As you don't have comic protection or plot armor guys with guns can and will shoot you! with this you automatically respond to danger you see with activation your power to the effected area! (high enough perception can achieve the same thing)]

[KITTY PRYDE'S NINJA TRAINING](1 Point)]
[Yes you heard right Kitty Pryde has ninja training! you don't need to know when she got it but you can pick it up here!]
[INTANGIBLE TIME] (5 Points)
[Time is but a concept! you can already make matter your bitch what's time to you? (will attract god level entities and if not mastered will break your mind)]

"Wow that's. a lot. god.. I can.. .be a god... if I had enough points... who is Thanos when I can apparently shoot out beans of intangibility and trap him in space... but I don't have enough points... how would I even get more?"

"TRAITS YOU CAN TAKE NEGATIVE TRAITS FOR MORE PERK POINTS PLEASE LEAVE" Angel said frustrated

Wow whats her problem? but lets see traits here hmm

[EATING DISORDER] +5 Stats
You either like to eat ALOT or not enough.

[EGOTISTICAL] -2 CHA +4 INT
You are right and amazing, other people just can't see it!

[ADDICT] [+3 CON[
You get easily addicted to stuff, not good stuff either.
[RANDOM NEGATIVE TRAIT] +1 Perk Point!
You can get something relatively mild or something completely debilitating! roll the dice! no take backs!

The random is the only one with perk points for but there is literally SO many negative traits some of them are just weird like feet fetishes or stuff of that ilk
like yeah that is not ideal but compared to like actual mental illnesses its honestly not that bad but obviously the ones that aren't that bad don't give big bonuses.
But with this I could get some relatively mild ones and then get a perk with 5 points...
I could literally start off as an intangible god...

I would probably not choose to roll if I had my emotions enabled but...
honestly fuck it ROLL.

[ROLLING...]

TRAIT ACQUIRED!

I don't feel that different to be honest lets see.

[ALTER EGO]
[You have something in common with the hulk! You're personal relationship with your alter ego will be your own! it could be like the Hulk that is all your anger or in your case paranoia! or it could be like White Rabbit in that it is all your ID without restraint! have fun finding out! don't break harlem!]

That is certainly more debilitating than a foot fetish.

FUCK

but I don't feel different?
At least I do not think I can cede control?
Maybe I need my feelings for it.
damn if it activates when I feel anxious I might quite literally stop existing.
That is scary as fuck.
Oh never mind I thought it was scary and it probably is but those feelings just died down!
God I love having muted emotions!
Is this what sociopaths feel?
Anyway I mean I will roll a couple more times!
fuck it I mean the 3 perk points are already insane so why not!

[You have already rolled]

Oh well that sucks how was I even supposed to get more perk points? I guess doing a random world... well time to go shopping!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
there is just SO MANY options
but I think I have narrowed it down!

[INTANGIBILITY MIND AND BODY] 1 Point
[One of Kitty Prydes weaknesses is sometimes being stuck in stuff! well you don't have comic protection or plot armor so if you phase half through a floor you get cut in half! but with this perk you just get stuck! no losing limbs by accident for you!]

Yes I know the 3 points are certainly powerful but honestly most of them are very hard to master and I feel like not killing myself trying to either make myself denser or shoot intangible beams from my eyes is important.

[INTANGIBLE SIGHT] 2 Points
[None can escape your sight! you can see through matter! you can tear apart layers so nothing escapes your sight! Scales with Perception!]

I feel like with these powers I can actually help people!
I mean I know its not very powerful but I gotta be honest even in my sociopathic state right now I am not sure I can bring myself to hurt someone else.
its just not in my nature I have never done it before and when I get my emotions back I know for sure I won't be able too.

[KITTY PRYDE AGED 14]
[Recently ran away from home when she fell through her room to the bathroom spraining her coccyx and discovering she is a mutant!]

Stats!
PER:6(+3)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Perception is gonna be my main stat, I don't think I really need STR or CON I mean I can literally phase through stuff same goes for DEX and Agility being smarter would be good but I want that danger sense and my sight upgraded as soon as possible.

"Hmm I think... I think I am ready to go!"

"OH THANK THE CREATOR, just go into that door right there"

I.. "What door? Everything is white."
"Oh right humans and your eyes thanks for telling me! next time ill put some different colours in here! wait all you see is white? you don't see my desk or the chair? or the many comforting items from your home world?"
"Gosh I should not be doing this fighting rival systems is so much simpler! anyway there y'see that wall no? well that direction!"
"Yeah go through it! to your left! wait I mean my left! humans and your 3 dimensions okay yeah that is the door handle its a push!"
"I uh I got it thanks" Kitty pushes the door and all she sees is colour some colours that she has never seen before all spiraling as she loses her gamers mind she screams and panics not having the mind to take in the sight and then there was nothing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PAIN!!! SO MUCH PAIN

my head is so fucking sore I can't stop crying apparently I am trapped in the MCU I can't even comprehend how or why
I-I I cant deal with all of this my family.. my friends my- my nam- I DONT EVEN REMEMBER MY NAME
I where even am I? She looks around and finds herself in some type of janitors closet
I-I remember Kitty o-or me she wanted to find some place to stay in.

she ran away from school and her parents I-I could go back but I don't know if I can lie to her parents that would honestly make me feel even worse I honestly should just forget all about the existential crisis that is- is OH GOD I breathe-

IN

OUT

IN

OUT

IN

OUT

Okay I just need to focus on the here in now... I can tell from Kitty's or my.. memories that its currently 2010...

Okay okay that's a little further than I thought it would be but I guess it still gives me some good time. I think maybe I could help tony stark remove the things from his chest?
actually I don't even know how to use my powers yet..

maybe I should figure that out before trying to fix iron man as even if I do remove the shrapnel I might quite literally kill him as I am certain removing the shrapnel would give him some internal bleeding...

I god I am currently in hell's kitchen..
what the hell was kitty thinking! shes basically... I am basically a child... god this is so messed up. Huh whats that

[CONGRATULATIONS]
Level 1 0/1000
KITTY PRYDE/0002304-0B AGED 14]
HP 200/200

EXHAUST 0/10

Stats
PER:6

Perks
[INTANGIBILITY MIND AND BODY]
[One of Kitty Pryde's weaknesses is sometimes being stuck in stuff! well you don't have comic protection or plot armor so if you phase half through a floor you get cut in half! but with this perk you just get stuck! no losing limbs by accident for you!]

[INTANGIBLE SIGHT]
[None can escape your sight! you can see through matter! you can tear apart layers so nothing escapes your sight! Scales with Perception!]

Traits

[ANXIETY]
[Everyone is thinking of you and how you are not doing good enough and they all think you are ugly]

[ALTER EGO]
[You have a different personality living in you and not in the good way]

[WELCOME TO THIS WORLD]
[DUE TO YOUR SOUL AND KITTYS CHARACTER BEFORE THE MERGE
YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN FOR THE HERO GAMER SYSTEM

SAVE OR THWART VILLAINS TO EARN XP]

[EARN ENOUGH XP AND LEVEL AND UNLOCK MORE SUB SYSTEMS]
[QUESTS ARE GIVING WHEN YOU THINK OF A GOOD ENOUGH GOAL WHERE IT IS THEN REVALUED TO GIVE XP OR OTHER BONUSES]

[[HELP TONY STARK]]

Tony Stark is going through a crisis! he thinks hes going to die and is taking steps for his legacy
Help Tony deal with his chest problem and meet a hero!

SUCCESS [200 XP + REP WITH IRON MAN]
FAILURE [Locked subsystem until a penalty quest is completed, possibly kill iron man, -REP WITH IRON MAN
ACCEPT/DECLINE
I.. I don't know if I can do this...
its all well and good fantasying about being a hero in a cool world but... I... I don't know if I have what it takes

I basically just woke up in a different country without a way back and now I have to decide to become an actual hero..
I have some of Kitty's personality.. I definitely feel more heroically inclined but its not like I am about to fight villains... I am getting hungry.

I stand up and go to open the door in the janitor sized closet in a rundown school Kitty... or I have been using as a "home" for about 3 days since I ran away.

*RATTLE*

Oh right the door is locked from the inside and the outside well not really locked from the outside just debris in the way.

Kitty got in here with her powers right powers! she has only had her powers for 3 days but shes honestly much better than I could ever be...
I just keep pushing against the door and nothing is happening... how did she do this? I think back to how she got in here.
Oh there is like a weird muscle I- I can't really decide where it is, its just... there I guess in my head? I twitch the muscle and...
Yeah I am so glad I got [intangible mind and body] seriously if I did not have it I would have just lost my hand and my feet,
I just fell a little through the floor and my hand went through the door... how how did she stop falling constantly?
I-I she can stand and use her powers right? ah it turns out she had a similar experience apparently I can flex the muscle and "choose" where to go intangible but it defaults to everywhere on my body

I focus on my arm to take it from the door being stuck by the way is not exactly pleasant I can't really describe it other than what its like being in a cast for a broken arm,

Focus... AH okay there we go arm free man that.. was harder than I thought it would be... now time for my feet kinda glad they are stuck down or I would have fell as soon as I got my arm free.

So I should do one leg first right? I don't really want to figure out what its like to be buried alive...

LEFT ah okay okay done phew

RIGHT okay great
I am where I started and I just noticed the door is quite bigger than I am used too.. there is a dirty mirror here but I can't really make ou-

Oh right I can just go in kit- my memories to see me,

Wow okay she doesn't really look like the actor, she's quite cute or I am quite cute? god this is weird...

Shoulder length brown hair although its quite uh ripe right now from her training her power and sweating up a storm and the water... well I honestly think the water in this place would make her dirtier.

A round face with a healthy amount of some baby fat making some chubby cheeks but still having a somewhat chiseled face?

Honestly I don't know how that works but it just does for he- me.. I guess all comic characters being hot translated

I am almost certain Kitty Pryde did not have purple eyes though...
I can vaguely see the glow of the eyes in this dirty mirror..
I think it has too do with the perk [INTANGIBLE SIGHT]
because in her memories even when she awakened she didn't have these eyes

Also she is about 5 foot? quite small but maybe sh- I will grow?
Solid A Cup which I mean makes sense this girl can't be more than 90 pounds wet
seriously what did she even eat!

Wow I.. I just realized I am not freaking out as much as I thought I would?
I guess the Kitty merge has alleviated some of my fears since she did live in here so it is not completely alien to me.
She ran away because she thought she was a freak like the hulk, as. huh mutants.. aren't a thing? but I am a mutant?
I literally have an X-gene? wait what's a mutant or x-gene? what was I thinking about?

Ah I should see with my eyes!
Okay flexing my weird imaginary mind power muscle and focusing on my eyes...

OH GOD WHAT I CAN SEE EVERYTHING THE WORMS IN THE DIRT THE TERMITES THE WOMAN SLEEPING IN HER HOME WHILE HER BABY IS CRYING OH HE HAS A TEDD- SOME GUYS ARE UNLOADING AT THE BACK OF A SHO-

AHHHH

My head is killing me what the hell kitty never had this problem..
I guess its for my eyes wow great... wait
what did I see? a baby sleeping some termites no no those people had guns on their waist! and..
its what about 2-3AM who would be unloading a shop at this time?
especially in hell's kitchen that is just asking to be robbed.. but if you are doing the robbing...

I need to help!
wait help? what? why would I help? what if I died? or what if I am wrong and they are just working? I why did I want to help? I-I still want to help? is- is this Kitty influencing me? I- I want to help!

But shouldn't I just call the police? Ah right hell's kitchen... This is even pre daredevil.. their is so much crime that honest cops honestly can't care about some robbery and their really isn't much honest cops in this district.
I- I mean why should I help? I mean its just some stock honestly its probably insured! and its not like they are assaulting someone that would make it easy to get involved... but I-I can get involved can't I? I could stop this crime... I.. I can stop crime! I can save lives! I can be an actual hero! Even if I can't stop Thanos that doesn't make this robbery less real, this is a real place getting robbed that I can stop... I... I can stop this... and I will! let me see them again!

o-oh they are gone already.. and my eyes hurt or my head does or both well I am going to um get a drink and nap but NEXT TIME! ill be a hero!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N) Not entirely sure if I should continue this! let me know! the first "ARC" will be focused on low stakes and getting adept at using her powers, Possibly meeting tony stark or stopping kilgrave not sure yet!

"I will be posting this story on RoyalRoad.com

Last edited:
002 Training/Thinking (Both are hard)
Right time to get some food! and probably some painkillers...
as soon as I can get out of this room

I have Kitty's memories but not muscle memory, it is honestly amazing how she somehow figured this out in 3-4 days? maybe its just instinctual for her?

I.. I seriously can't phase without falling through the floor...

From my limited knowledge of her powers I honestly can't figure out how she can walk through walls while staying on the ground, I am guessing I would need to keep my feet tangible but also make them intangible when going through a wall only for me to have my feet become tangible on the other side... all within what 0.3 seconds?

I... I can't even figure out how to keep my feet "real" while everything else is intangible I guess I can just go slowly through walls one foot at a time? really not like Kitty's speed in that terrible movie from what I can tell she basically just full sprint through like 8 walls and also dragged juggernaut into the ground?
yeah... way too advanced for me right now

2 Hours later

*panting heavily*

Okay... okay I have become less terrible with my powers...
I know my powers are quite good certainly has a lot of defensive prowess and if you are willing to be very gruesome... offensive prowess... I can basically bypass all defenses a person has.

I could if I master my powers better; for example I could just grab tony stark out of his suit, or just grab his reactor and trap him in a tonne of space alloy steel or whatever he uses for his suits.

Speaking of stark... I.. I am not sure I should interfere...
I mean it all works out right? I searched Kitty's memories and its currently 5th of may
his stark expo is almost here on the 7th not a lot of time to prepare...

So iron man 2 is in full swing and I am pretty sure he already knows hes poisoned.

he has a hearing right after the expo I wonder what Rhodey would look like?
Stark quite literally looks Robert Downey Jr but hes very famous and everyone has seen him especially after his "I am iron man" speech so Kitty has already seen him
She hasn't seen Rhodey or at least she or I can't remember him nor has she seen Bruce banner.

Should I help Tony?
I mean he doesn't need it, I have seen the movies!
he's fine... well until infinity war at least but then again Kitty Pryde wasn't in the MCU and that vague "Licencing issues" when I choose this world...
god should I just tell iron man everything I can remember? I.. I mean I can probably prove it easily with my knowledge but... I.. I want to help personally help and not just pawn it all off and hope for the best...

Ugh making plans is so... hard.. the way I can absolutely help is during the drones going haywire I could save more people... but.. I can also stop Justin Hammer before he begins right?

I.. I will tell Tony Stark Justin Hammer is gonna break Ivan Vanko out.. I will figure out how I worked it out... maybe ill just go in costume... wait what costume?
I have less than 20 dollars to my name and Kitty had a pretty barebones costume when she worked with... the avengers?
I.. Cant remember in the comics but shes pretty strong she's probably in the avengers.

[WHEN ALL YOU HAVE IS A HAMMER]
Justin Hammer breaks out Ivan Vanko and endangers everyone at the Stark Expo!
Prevent Hammer from making the drones
or prevent the drones from killing civilians!
[SUCCESS REP WITH IRON MAN AND SHIELD +3XP FOR EVERY CIVILIAN SAVED]
[Failure Possible Pepper Pots Death, -Rep with Ironman.]
[ACCEPT/DECLINE]

Uh I mean that's such a easy quest with Starks help... with prior knowledge he can just grab Ivan Vanko before he even makes his whips...
and then move him into a more secure prison?
I am sure he will figure it out

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010... 2010.. I probably can't do anything about Thor or the Hulk and Abomination... I mean I can save people in Harlem probably? I.. have never tried to phase with someone before.. or anything before.

WAIT

That isn't true! I am such an idiot!
I have been phasing with my clothes this entire time! and they aren't super special clothes its quite literally just a hoodie from Kitty's hot topic phase!
Heh phase

Stop! getting distracted!

because I have hunger cramps and I am using this 14 year old hormonal brain too hard.. and I still have that eye headache...
god I don't wanna see again how everyone is weird skeleton people when you tear back the skin... and the eyes! without eyelids AH

STOP BEING DISTRACTED!

So now that I am conscious that I am phasing with clothes I just need to focus on that connection! and then I can work up to other thing like my backpack! and I should honestly test it on mice or something before I just phase someone else

FOCUS! KITTY!
I..I am almost certain I wasn't this scatter brained in my old life.. I guess this is also Kitty's influence?

I can't do this alone... right find Tony Stark! with the right information he can quite literally make time travel for god sake if I tell him about Thanos and the stones he can probably make a god killing armor!
Why am I so obsessed with stopping Thanos? well this quest that I definitely didn't accept is the main reason... also killing half of life is fucked

[INEVITABLE CONFRONTATION]
You know Thanos is coming...
Stop him from killing half of all life
[Success Saving half of all life while grant unimaginable EXP]
[Failure You get snapped, and are the one person who doesn't get brought back
.]​

Okay so first food then Tony! oh man this is gonna be so easy! I can just get Tony to take out all the villains!
yknow to jail! I can save Jessica Jones before Kilgrave!

[SAVE JEWEL]
Jessica Jones hasn't been through the torture of Kilgrave yet
Make absolutely certain she doesn't
[Success 500EXP Rep with Jessica Jones and slight pheromones immunity]
[Failure - Rep with Jessica Jones, Possible mind control, Possible Jessica's Death.]

[ACCEPT/DECLINE]
Uh yeah? Of course I will accept! with tony's help and my foreknowledge we can just spot him from Stark satellite or something and then jump him wearing earplugs!

Oh! if Skye is here or Daisy we can save her from shield! well she does pretty okay in shield to be honest but I am honestly not sure how many characters are active in 2010... I should do some googling...

AHH FOCUS FOOD THEN STARK!

Okay! time to get out of this janitors closet!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walking through walls is so weird...
you are facing a wall and then stepping into a wall, and then theirs blackness and then you are on the opposite side... seriously I need to get my eye power sorted as soon as possible!

Hmm delicious 7am hotdog(s) absolutely nothing better than spending 70% of your networth on complete garbage

Don't worry everybody! I spent the rest of my net worth on some garbage sunglasses so I can hide my purple eyes but honestly... its 2010 I am a 14 year old girl wearing hot topic apparel.. yeah people really aren't reacting much to my purple eyes.. probably just think they are contacts... but they do glow kinda! so sunglasses is the way to go!

Right all I need to do is go to stark tower an...

Oh.. right...

Iron man 2 takes place in Malibu
well the expo takes place in new York and its quite close to the opening so he might be there
I guess ill see him there! So I guess I should practice my powers and also somehow figure out how I am gonna eat for a couple days...

1 Day Later

hmm take 2 pills if pain persists take 1 more in 3 hours...
Yeah ill just take 4 right now...

Yeah.. so practicing my intangible sight is... not going well..
I have made progress! I can see through 1 layer of clothes without straining or even it hurting! and NO I AM NOT A CREEP plus its New York okay! everyone is wearing layers!
but doing walls...
very quickly fucks my head up... 1 wall... is fine... I guess but its choosing them... its so hard to pick 1 wall to look through and not ALL walls.. which my brain just cannot handle the information.. I think I need to take some more INT stats.

My eye sight is already incredible same with my senses, I have been living off finding loose and lost change while training my powers..
I can find ALOT of lost money, I... I seen a warehouse that LOOKS like a drug stash but.. I mean I don't really know? its not like I can identify drugs really and honestly I only had about 4 seconds of looking...

I've bought some clothes and bandages... I have decided I should have a costume when I meet iron man
call it blatant fan-girling but honestly I think it would led credibility to my story! and it looks cool

I can be a real superhero! like yeah okay I haven't actually done something other than I guess picking up lost change so I guess I am combating littering right now?
yeah... superhero...

My costume is cool though! or at least I think so!
I mean I am a 5 foot petite 90 pound woman... so honestly I kinda look like a Halloween costume on a child...

my costume is basically a large dark purple hoodie that comes down to basically my knees some black joggers and basically a bunch of rags over it and some amazing stitching!
Seriously the first tool I really used my powers on was a needle... and it works!
amazingly!

Now that I look in the mirror.. yeah I kinda look like a thug version of Ragman
if yknow he was 5 foot tall and had a budget of pennies...
now you may be wondering how can you see out of all those dark rags and the hood that basically encompasses your head?
Well! Its my [INTANGIBLE SIGHT] dummy!
I can see through about an inch of clothing no problem!
walls still give me trouble... if I spend about 1 minute focusing on 1 wall and then strip the layer back...verrrrry slowly I can see behind it without seeing through literally all walls everywhere!

So I decided to come up with a way to hide my face and also keep my power trained!

the quicker I get better with this power the quicker I can help iron man defeat Thanos!
Also my genius level 4 INT has decided that I should pad my hoodie with some loose rags y'know and wear some lifts!

I would wear heels but... this isn't a comic book I mean seriously you think I am going to run through walls and fight baddies in heels?

So now I look like a slightly taller child who ate too much candy on halloween!

Good thing about not being especially gifted in the chest department is that its quite easy to hide my gender
although probably not from someone actually looking for more than 10 seconds...

I almost certainly will be confirmed female by shield or jarvis if they see me
there... is really only so much padding and shoulder buffing up you can do... especially on the rapidly declining loose change of hell's kitchen

seriously... searching for pennies in the cracks of concrete and them pulling them out with my power while gives me some real life uses of power...
y'see alot of stuff you would rather not see... like seriously I somehow seen so much cigarette butts in the actual concrete!
Like not in the cracks!
man New York is really wild...

So now I just need to make it to queens! from Hells kitchen...
Uh yeah I am not making that distance in the costume
I... cant deal with people staring at me at the best of times
until I can run through walls in a straight line to where I am going I will be taking the shifty subway to queens

Why would I do that?

hehe IMAGINE THE PENNIES

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah I am riding the subway from hell's kitchen (scum central) to queens (still bad but nothing compared to hell's kitchen)

I pull my hoodie up and pay for my ticket with change always looking at the floor... I.. I can feel stares on me... I am not sure if this is paranoia or my inhuman compared to my old world perception but I.. I can FEEL them...

Oh right I may have powers

but right now I am a teenage girl who is comic book level attractive, riding the subway alone.. from hell's kitchen...
am I fucking insane??!?!

I..I... Should leave?

NO!

why should I? I mean its obviously the sane option for a regular woman or hell even just a regular person...
but I am very powerful...
sure I am not that in control yet... but who can actually hurt me right now?
Sure if some thug tries to threaten me or whatever I probably cant hurt them
I have no idea how to throw a punch and even if I did... I am so small...
I..I REALLY don't wanna know what it would be like if I used my phase offensively but I am almost certain not using it with intensive training would be basically be a death sentence to anyone...

Its 7pm when my dumbass decided to get the subway... I guess the good thing about New York sub way is there is a lot of people so I doubt they would try something...

from what I can tell... its about 3-5 people staring with...lust or hostility? I can't really tell to be honestly it just... feels intense there stares.. different than others...

Okay no need to focus on it I am just waiting for a subway and there is quite literally so many people around waiting for there ride
And even in hell's kitchen its not like you get robbed every day hell foggy lives here or.. will live here and hes probably only be robbed a couple of time- Oh here is my train

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huh I guess they were just creeps? Damn this anxiety playing with my mind... I mean there was 3 guys who got onto the train and they stared a little but I quickly realized they were just staring at anything with two legs... I put my hood up and then looked through it to watch them in case they did something when they thought I wasn't looking but... nah they just turned and stared at another woman...

I think they might have come over and sat next to me if not for the very mean looking lady I sat next too who's hand was in her purse and she was mean mugging any guy who even looked at her... I looked in the bag...

Why is this old lady packing heat on the subway?!?
And like... I don't know guns but she shouldn't have her literally finger on the TRIGGER?

Okay thank god my stop is here... now just need to get over the bridge!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting a taxi across the bridge to queens was easy, paying with pennies without the guy killing me was a different matter...

Geeze you pay in quarters and okay mostly pennies...
and suddenly you get some guy yelling about not enough space in his car or his pants
Its not like they were loose! I put them in bags!

Anyway I'm near the expo now, and obviously I don't have a pass for tomorrow, but also I can walk through walls so should be fine! God I hope he doesn't just come here for the expo and then immediately go back to Malibu...

There... is surprisingly little abandoned houses in the suburbs... but actually yeah that makes sense...so I decided to bunk in some shed that has got a very unhealthy depth of dust...
Hopefully stark can give me a house or something... being anxious and having to use gym public showers really doesn't vibe well together...

I also checked out the library while out looking for pennies!
So I couldn't find anything on Alias Investigations so I think she isn't doing her P.I stuff now?
I guess she started that after Kilgrave?
If that is the case I am happy to be there before she meets that absolute..
. MONSTER

Huh that was.. weird... I felt my heartrate spike there recalling that...
Anyway
I couldn't really find anything on her except shes Trish's sister I guess I can get to her through Trish shes pretty public

So I couldn't exactly google Shang chi but it turns out I am going to be much older than him!
I think he might be around 10 or 12 right now?
Oh.. right I am only 14... Nevermind we will be similarly aged...
But I guess me and iron man might take out the ten rings probably I mean... I don't even know where hes at just somewhere in china...

Matt Murdock is still in Law School
I think Skye is a hacker right now?
couldn't find her but then again how could I? shes not exactly famous and is probably living out of van right now hacking for freedom or whatever she did before agents of shield

Colleen Wing's dojo is also not open seriously where is everyone?

Bruce Banner by the way doesn't even really look like either of the actors... Matt Murdock and Tony Stark are like almost identical though?

Jane Foster doesn't look like Natalie Portman either... I googled Donald Blake just incase well there was results and even some doctors but nobody that really looks like a viking space guy...

I.. I am not sure if Skye is here... I don't remember much of agents of shield but I do remember it went insane near the end where they just didn't even care about canon MCU so hopefully its a mix?

Hmm not sure if I am missing anyone... their is like nothing on Wilson Fisk but a charity donation apparently he is a "magnate that keeps out the spotlight"

Yeah ill say...

[KINGSLAYER]
Wilson Fisk is the King of New York
Ruling the criminal scene even the hand doesn't dare disrespect him
[Put Wilson Fisk in Jail either before Daredevil does or with Daredevil]
[Success 2000 EXP, Rep with all New York heroes, +1 STR]
[Failure -1 STR, Possible Death and or coerced into working for Kingpin, -REP with heroes of New York]
[ACCEPT/DECLINE]

I accepted because with iron mans help I am pretty sure we can take him and the hand down easily... and yeah you guessed it right.

[HAND MEET FIST!]
The Hand is a criminal organization who's primary goal is immortality
[Defeat the Hand and disband its organisation before they destroy Manhattan]
[Success 5000 EXP, +1 AGL +1 WIS, Minor Chi Defense]
[Failure Manhattan is destroyed, countless deaths, -2 INT, locked from EXP gain for 6 months]
[ACCEPT/DECLINE]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its the night of the expo!
I spent basically all night and day yesterday practicing moving in my costume and trying to do a cool voice that doesn't sound like a teenage girl trying to do batman annnnd

Yeah maybe ill just write stuff down for him?
Ah who am I kidding do I really think some cloth is gonna stop tony stark figuring out who I am? as soon as he sees me jarvis will probably do some AI bullshit and he will know more about me than me...

So uh something I didn't consider and I don't know honestly who would consider this but... there is like... a lot of lights at stark expo... and SO MANY people and cars and more lights and camera crews!

AND SECURITY by god! I.. don't know how to achieve this stealth approach so I did something that is maybe genius?

I phased into the back of a film crews van and while there really wasn't a trunk which I admit now that would've been way simpler to smuggle myself in I simply just lay flat beneath the large boxes of equipment and cameras...

Yeah I just realized my big stealth mission and the first thing I do is get in a van with so many cameras that its insane, its 2010 and I have probably already been caught in 4k...

I mean hopefully nothings rolling in the van that would be weird right? waste of film or something? but like 1 accidental button left on and I quite literally delivered myself to news stations...

Thankfully they basically just waved them through to the parking lot of the expo I... I really didn't want them to search the back... god that would've been so awkward...
I honestly would have taken my chances surviving underground...

I picked a moment to break off from the film crew annnnd yeah I am almost certainly on cameras in a well not villain type attire.. but like y know I AM in dark colours skulking around... okay time to get backstage and wait for iron man to come in and do his thing and then uh pop out in my costume while he isn't armored backstage? man who thought of this plan?!?!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some Security guards where making a fuss and running around but I heard from the wall I was hiding in and occasionally peeking out and taking breathes that they assumed it was just some dumb kid playing hero which...
stung a little to close to home...

FINALLY what felt like ages for waiting the fireworks begun! let me just.. take a peek of whats happening...
I mean I know this wall so well I have been inside it for what felt like hours now I think I can look through it and one of its cousins...

Oh.. Oh wow those are some scanty clad women in iron man umm lingerie?
Man that is a loud song... This is supposed to be a technology expo right?

Okay wow they really cut that dance number down for the movie... jesus it just wouldn't END
"I am not saying the world is enjoying its longest period of uninterrupted peace in years because of me"

Oh yeah that is Tony Stark alright! I mean more ego than I am used to but-
"I'm not saying that from the ashes of captivity, never has a greater phoenix metaphor been personified in human history.

Y-yeah classic Stark right there! why didn't I just choose captain america or something...
"I'm not saying that Uncle Sam can kick back on a lawn chair, sipping on an iced tea because I haven't come across anyone who's man enough to go toe-to-toe with me on my best day."

Oh right he hasn't seen whiplash yet, or like anyone really... hes only fought Stane and a bunch of terrorists.. which yknow is more than me!

He is still in his invincible iron man era...

Then he went on to say something about legacy because yknow hes dying or something I don't know ive been pumping myself up for this convo right now

"-lease welcome my father Howard"
Okay here goes...well everything...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(POV TONY STARK)
"Technology holds infinite possibilities for mankind"
Stark looks down at his medical scanner... 19% its still growing, none of the meds work.. hmm but they have slightly slowed it down I should run some simulations on-

"Tony Stark"

Tony hides the scanner without even looking at the young girl distracted with running simulations and where he should focus on what he should start eating- ugh I got way to much going on to deal with some fan to deal with some kid who somehow got through security he just says back without turning around "how did ya get in here kid?"
"Are you a make a wish kid? I know I know am your hero but seriously I can't give you a fly around not after last tim-"

"Tony I am here to war-"
Suddenly I hear choking sounds surely Happy didn'- turning around Tony can only see some kind of kid in literally rags?
make a wish are really milking this whole rags thing I literally donated 10 million for that one flying accident and the kid said it was the best time in his life!

"Hey kid wheres your nurse okay? and whats with the get up they put this on you just for the press?" man I had no idea charities where that cynical-
despite outwardly appearing quite calm tony has already hit his emergency signal for happy,
not for fear of his life who could make him fear his life? but for the simple fact a kid dying backstage just really isn't a good legacy to leave behind...

especially on opening day...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can't breathe...
I just tried to warn Tony about Justin Hammer and whiplash and Monaco
but nothing came out... well something came out alright.. but it was red and decidedly NOT future knowledge...
as Tony was saying something about the press or something I tried to tell him about infinity war.. captain america anything!

MORE PAIN

[WARNING][/WARNING][WARNING]
[You cannot tell future knowledge that you have no proof for
or an excusable reason for you to have that information]
[/warning]
[WARNING][/warning]​
[WARNING]
W-what? that what that is INSANE?? ISN'T THAT THE WHOLE REASON IM HERE TO STOP THANOS? HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THAT WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO WARN SOMEON-

My thoughts were interrupted as Happy Hogan and a squad of security bust in pointing guns everywhere happy even has the suitcase.. where did they keep that?

"w-wait Star-"

"Stark who is this and how did she get past security?" -Said Happy slightly out of breathe

"You didn't let her in?" Stark said questionably raising his eyebrows

"No why what?
you told me no one not even the hot ones this time!" Happy said raising his voice in defense of himself

(I this has clearly gone wrong damn so many of my plans... were based on getting help... do I have to do this alone? wait surely I can tell him about his poisoning right?
I mean he literally has the device already its not future knowledge I mean it is but its also something I could have learnt from the nature of my powers hmm lets try)

"Sta- *cough* sorry, Stark your chest the shrapnel I can help you remove them" (I SAID IT!)

"Oh yeah? raggedy ann? how ya gonna do that? got some easy bake oven clean energy in that bag" stark says with an irritated smirk
"pfft stop pointing the guns at the kid seriously guys just- just make sure shes doesn't die on my expo and how the hell she got back here then just send her home" Stark said running a hand over his chest while putting this weird fan into the back of his mind.. hmm I still have months should I get Rhodey a sui-

"Mr stark should we call the police?" Said a seriously balding security guard who still somewhat has his gun on Kitty

"The police?! shes probably still in diapers under that thing what you wanna send babies to prison now?" Stark says while rolling his eyes at this man... he turns to happy and says
"You give one stipulation in a contract about saving your life and getting some Stark industries stock and everyone goes insa-"

"Stark you are poisoned" I said suddenly and everyone got quiet
(Huh that came out? I mean I am pretty sure that isn't public knowledge surely only jarvis and stark know that right now? is it because I could probably learn it with my powers?)

Immediately the gun goes back on her "STARK THERE IS A HOSPITAL 5 BLOCKS FROM HERE AND AN EMERGENCY AMBULAN-" The seriously annoying bald man says

" FOR GODS SAK- EVERYONE RELAX SHE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING SHE LITERALLY JUST APPEARED AND FELL OVER"
"We should still get you checked Si-"
"I AM FINE - Y KNOW WHAT I AM SICK! OF YOU NOW GET OUT!" Stark says getting a little red in the face with the fact this is still going on...
"SIR LET US TAKE THE PRISO-" The annoyingly persistent bald man says

"NO SHE STAYS YOU OUT." The guards start to leave except the lead bald man seems a little reluctant to go
"HAPPY YOU STAY." Happy stops moving and finally puts down the brief case "Yes Sir"
"SEE IM PROTECTED YA HAPPY?" The bald guy grumbles off something about "Responsibility and why even hire us?"

"Where did ya hire these clowns happy" Stark says a little pissed HES IRON MAN! he doesn't need security! especially not from a little kid! seriously what they want to start wiping my ass aswell?

"Tony they are internal security for stark enterprises for many years you cant blam-" Happy begins but its cut off my Tony waving him off
"Yeah yeah yeah fine whatever hey you, he points to the now standing Kitty what do you mean poisoned?"

"that um palladium? platinum? is poisoning you... I can see it from here" I say, (I really can't I mean I stopped looking at peoples skeletons because it creeped me out but he doesn't know that"

"Pfft you can see it" Tony gives a genuine chuckle
"hey can you even see anything in that thing?" He waves his hand back and forward over the completely covered rags on the face of Kitty

"how did ya make that conclusion really" Stark says still with a slight smile

"I- I told you I can see it!"

by now Kitty has gotten her balance regained her breathe still lightheaded and honestly starstruck but-
"okay maybe not baby prison but baby rehab is neede" stark begins to say to Happy

"STARK LOOK" (I am honestly getting annoyed now...)
With that she phased through a nearby box

"I-I can go intangible and my sight can be intangible as well... meaning I can see through stuff"

Tony looks at her hand that is firmly through the box in some weird way he does a little circle around it getting all angles causing Kitty to flip him off with the hand and then switch it for her other hand showing him a clear sight of the phasing

a couple seconds pass in silence..

"Huh...." Stark says analyzing what he is seeing running through scenarios in his head not even caring about how this kid somehow knew he was poisoned
"is it the rags?" He begins his initial diagnosis

"W-what?" I-- what does he even mean?!?

"The rags? they some kind of nanoweave? maybe some illusion tech? I mean seriously ya gotta fire the designer of this because this type of tech in some rags is frankly insult-" stark beings to reach out for it while speaking but Kitty cuts him off

"Stark" I begin rage barely concealed in her voice... she beings to breathe heavily trying not to get so wound up I knew Tony would be difficult but...
"Its not the rags! I-I just wanted a costume okay!"

Huh that's strange... I just gotta.. breathe.. okay okay I am fine completely fine!
"look okay I am just here to offer my powers to take out the shrapnel in your chest!" Kitty begins

"Hmm so something like banner happened to you? what Ross is testing serum on kids now?" He seriously thought it was a technology and that would've been amazing! but alas obviously nothing can beat him in engineering so when this kids eyes glowed purple through her rags and the power invoked when she got mad...

"Are you listening?!? I can SAVE YOU" (This.. is getting seriously out of hand! I GET THAT I AM A TECHNICAL CHILD BUT-)

"Sheesh" Tony steps back holding his hands up in mock surrender while he subtly makes his way to the briefcase on the ground slowly
"Kay kid. Yeah alright id love to be fixed and all kid,
but yknow its not like I like these pieces of metal in my chest y' know?
I have had consultations with surgeons and have the xray examed by the best and then I let some doctors look at it after me"
Tony says with a smirk

"I admit your powers are certainly useful for this but tell me kid you ever do surgery before? have you ever even seen blood before?" Tony begins now standing directly behind the briefcase
"Heh yeah I didn't think they covered that in 4th grade... well for non starks atleast" stark says smiling and putting his hands in his pockets now much more at ease

"No... I haven't used it on other people yet.. but give me time and I can do it! obviously there should be a surgeon on standby and we should do it in a hospital! Look Mr Stark please just use a different power source until I can perfor-"
Kitty gets interrupted AGAIN

"Until you go through medical school?
Sorry kid i've tried all the elements." Tony states with some finality.
The only thing that works is my arc reactor to power my armor. Stark takes the smile of his face and says with all serious
"The world needs Iron man kid"

"St-stupid! I am offering you a solution don't be so stubbor-"

"Listen kid this has been interesting and all Happy will give you my number y'know ill call ya I can use your phasing in some projects kid!
but I really don't need to justify myself to you, okay Happy lets get out of here"

Tony turns to leave and then looks back at the kid just looking at him
"look kid.. I appreciate the offer really yknow I do but putting my life into no offense a what at most a 8th grader? sorry kid not my style." he turns around then looks over his shoulder and says.
"go back to school kid."
Tony gets chauffeured away by happy he turns to Happy and him to inform security to not track the kid.
As he looks back to the kid he sees that she is just waiting there seemingly not believing what has happened...
"Look kid... *sigh* stay outta trouble"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Level 1 0/1000
KITTY PRYDE/0002304-0B AGED 14]
HP 200/200
EXHAUST 0/10

Stats

Perks
[INTANGIBILITY MIND AND BODY]
[One of Kitty Pryde's weaknesses is sometimes being stuck in stuff! well you don't have comic protection or plot armor so if you phase half through a floor you get cut in half! but with this perk you just get stuck! no losing limbs by accident for you!]

[INTANGIBLE SIGHT]

Traits

[ANXIETY]
[Everyone is thinking of you and how you are not doing good enough and they all think you are ugly]

[ALTER EGO]
[You have a different personality living in you and not in the good way]

[QUESTS]

[KINGSLAYER]
[Failure -1 STR, Possible Death and or coerced into working for Kingpin, -REP with heroes of New York]

[HAND MEET FIST!]
[Failure Manhattan is destroyed, countless deaths, -2 INT, locked from EXP gain for 6 months]

[Failure You get snapped, and are the one person who doesn't get brought back.]

[SAVE JEWEL]
[Failure - Rep with Jessica Jones, Possible mind control, Possible Jessica's Death.]

[Failure Possible Pepper Potts Death, -Rep with Ironman.]

[HELP TONY STARK]
Tony Stark is going through a crisis! he thinks hes going to die and is taking steps for his legacy
[SUCCESS [200 XP + REP WITH IRON MAN]
[FAILURE Locked subsystem until a penalty quest is completed, possibly kill iron man, -REP WITH IRON MAN]

A/N (I feel like my Tony Stark was pretty canon I didn't just bend his character to make my Protag's life easier thoughts on his portrayal would be appreciated)
[/warning]

Last edited:
003 First Contact
A woman sits dazed in an small dust filled shed, seemingly looking into the distance she may actually have fallen asleep while upright sitting.

"How? Why?" she finally says after who knows how long

I- I cant tell people the future? only things I can reasonably find out with my powers?

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...How am I supposed to warn people now? I need proof of Thanos? How the hell am I supposed to get that? I guess talk to Thor or something? but how would I even speak Thanos's name to begin with....

So.. I need to basically do this by myself... Or atleast be there when the Avengers fight Thanos so.. I guess just being there is gonna be my motto?

Hmm.. its not like I need to be alone... I can maybe get a team together...

I should have known Stark wouldn't let me help him... Maybe I can help him during the drone attack? that will complete the quest.

I also need help with my powers.. I can probably still train by myself as I have not reached my limit easily.
Considering I need practice if Stark will let me take the shrapnel out I need to be able to move matter out of people... god that sounds dangerous as hell now that I think about it, where would I even go about that?

I honestly don't even remember how I got out of stark expo... too dazed and distracted by how much my plans have fell apart...

hmm can I even do anything right now?

"Quests"

[QUESTS]
[KINGSLAYER]

[HAND MEET FIST!]

[Failure You get snapped, and are the one person who doesn't get brought back.]

[SAVE JEWEL]

[Failure Possible Pepper Potts Death, -Rep with Ironman.]

[HELP TONY STARK]
[SUCCESS [200 XP + REP WITH IRON MAN]
[FAILURE Locked subsystem until a penalty quest is completed, possibly kill iron man, -REP WITH IRON MAN]

Wow... now that I look at it that first quest I got back then [HELP TONY STARK] Is so not worth the exp the penalty is insane!
Well I don't even have subsystems yet... so I guess it doesn't really matter if its locked...
I do need to level up... but that requires fighting thugs and saving civilians...

WAIT saving civilians! I guess I can work in a hospital or maybe as a firefighter? I don't really need to be a vigilante... yet...

I guess I can try and find Jessica Jones and recru- wait... Like Tony Stark will Jessica even want to- Wait what do I even want from Jessica?
My Quest is too save her so what I tell her if she ever gets mind controlled to text me? I mean... I guess I could have her join my "Team" but what will my team even do? hmm I could use help against Kingpin and The Hand... hmm Okay I will try and find her through Trish before I need to go back for the drone attack...

I guess I can maybe find a surgeon or something to help me control my powers to not y'know kill people when I am trying to save them... I-I guess I can do that with Strange?

Yeah no fuck that he is basically as bad as Tony Stark's ego right now... Hmm how about Christine Palmer? she seemed like she would be open to helping me if it saved lives...

Okay! 1st go to Metro General Hospital and locate Christine Palmer.
2nd Find Trish and get in touch with Jessica from her.
3rd Practice my powers so I can actually help and not be a liability on the drone attack.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"H-hello? can I talk to Mrs Christine Palmer?"

The large black woman gazes up from the computer and looks me up and down, giving me some shivers (I am obviously not in my costume) But I am wearing my typical hot topic attire with sunglasses in doors... yeah okay maybe she is justified in looking at me with such distaste.

"Are you family and what room where you told she was in" -Megan says (as I now see her name tag)

"Uh no sorry I think she works here maybe" I whisper out...

She looks at me like she thinks I am an idiot which with my massive INT I find terribly offensive!

"You don't know she works here?" She sits back looking at me while now filing her nails..

clearly I am not getting more info if I don't give her some answer. So I use my massive brain to think of an reasonable excuse!

"She um uh helped me with something before and I want to thank her" YES NAILED IT

She just rolled her eyes "yeah whatever kid this was kinda amusing at the beginning but I need to get back to work so shoo off okay?" -Megan drones out while now taking off the snarky look of her face switching to a more professional look.

"Please! I really need to see he-" I say while almost begging

"Um kid can I talk to the nurse?" -Some old man with a big belly and white in his beard says with a helpless smile

"Absolutely sir, what can I help you with" -Megan talks over me to him

I finally huffed out and got out the queue... so frustrating being a child! What is wrong with these people? hmm I guess I can practice my sight and if (when) I get a splitting headache maybe that will get Christine Palmer to me? well... not my worst plan...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I look at everyone I look at their bodies and try to fix my sight from going either straight through the clothes to a naked body or straight to their skeleton... Also No I am not peeping on people... seriously the average people who come to a doctors reception... you REALLY don't wanna see them naked... I am trying to look at certain skin layers it requires extreme focus and its not like they are standing still I.. have almost got it I can make out the veins and as I am about to follow them to the layer of skin I can feel the incline of the headache but if I can just get this it will be easier nex-

AGH

Wow that... was different... usually the pain I get is for getting too much information for my brain too handle so I just get a headache but its different this time because it was more focusing my eyes... so its not a splitting headache but my eyes are sore as hell and is this? blood? Oh I thought I was just crying... and nooow Megan is looking at me with worry...

"Honey come here you should have said you actually had a medical issue, fill out this form then give it through the window over there"Megan says as she points over to a different receptionist.. She looks at me and raises her eyebrows with slight worry as I don't take the form

"Ca-Can I just speak to Mrs Christine Palmer please?" -I say kinda meekly its honestly quite hard to keep my eyes open right now but I can assume how she is looking at me...

"Girl what's wrong wit chu? you bleeding out ya goddamn eyes and you are still yapping round bout dat?" -Megan rattles off real fast I honestly wish I could see her face but honestly it hurts too much right now its quite bright here...

"Please?" - I say with some finality and not a small amount of meekness
There was some silence for a good couple of seconds and then a big sigh and then some clattering on some keyboard keys.

"Thank you!" -I say with a smile I chance a peek by opening my eyes and- nope nope still cant see much without my eyes hurting even more.. Yeah Ill just pop my sunglasses back over them

"Yeah yeah weird white girl go sit down wit cha bleeding ass eyes" -She says and I feel like she is just so done with me and my bullshit.. Yeah I gotta agree this isn't exactly normal...

I stumble my ass to the chair I was sitting in before as I was probably about to walk into a wall or something an old woman I think says "Come here sweetie let me help ya" she puts her arm over my shoulder and sits me down
I try and face towards her and I say "thank you"
"Ah no problem sweetheart here is a tissue let me get the blood off ya face honey" as she dabs a tissue onto my face and honestly she spends alot of time on my face... wow that's probably alot of blood...

"Ah... thank you its not as bad as it looks... I think." I say with some confusing and not alot of confidence...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey! White girl!" Megan shouts over "What do you want with a 2nd year surgeon, I aint no doctor but I imagine you would want an optometrist" After about 5 minutes she shouts out and I am glad to get a reason to get out of this grandma fussing over me and about how I remind her of her son who is similar to my age by the way...

"Please I just want to see- I mean talk to her..." I say pleading with her
"Hmm Fine you are lucky shes still on shift.. oh a 15 hour shift and she has another in about 8 hours..." -Megan says muttering to herself as she pages a number that I assume is Mrs Palmer

After some more probing questions about why I need to talk to her and the grandma asking if I want a candy or if I need help filling out the form...
Finally a door opens at the back of the room leading to the hospital and a tired and strained voice says" I am Mrs Christine Palmer you needed me?" -She asks with some confusion in her tired as heck voice.. Oh man maybe I should have somehow got her when she had a break...

Megan looks up Mrs Palmer up and down and goes "Hmm." -Megan finally says after a couple of seconds... I really cant make out more of that they are basically just humanoid shapes right now...

"Nurse I need to know soon I still have 2 hours in the ER and then I somehow have to do another 15 tomorro-" Christine begins to start a rant but is interrupted by Megan
"Teenage girl eyes bleeding asked for you specifically, she didn't fill out the form and said it could only be you that examines her, Doctor." - Megan says with some relief in her voice as I assume shes happy to pawn me off on someone else..
"Hmm? Me?" Christine says as she picks up a clipboard and walks my way with some intrigue? on her blurry face...

"Doctor Palmer can we talk in private?" I say smiling as I have finally found someone that can most likely help me! Strange and Stark almost certainly are too big of Egos to help little old me.

"Uh sure come with me" Doctor Palmer says as she picks me up and walks me past the door and into a room? I guess a private room for diagnosing or something...
As I think about what to say Doctor Palmer is apparently not patient after a 15 shift as she picks up a little flashlight and says "Open your eyes and follow the light" -Doctor Palmer says with some irritation probably wondering why shes here..
"I- I need your hel- I mean I can give help! I ha- have powers and can be of use and I want to help save lives I could probably do some vigilante stuff but I figured helping at a hospital would be good and it would help loads of people - I also wanted to be a firefighter maybe helping people out of buildings but im not entirely sure I can walk in fir-" I start rambling and Doctor Palmer finally stops me
"Stop." - She says with some anger lacing her tone
"I- I am not joking! I swea-"
"STOP" -Doctor Palmer says as she finally lets loose her anger "Who put you up to this? is it strange? Of course it was hes the only one who can do this and waste hospital time and not fear the consequences" -She looks away from me as she starts muttering at the end

"No!
LOOK!"
I say while phasing through the hospital bed I am basically standing through the entire bed.
She turns around and her eyes go wide as she just stares at me with her eyes flicking to the bed every now and then.
I take off my sunglasses and show her my eyes

"I-I can become intangible... and I can also see through stuff.. that is why eyes are this color and also why my eyes are bleeding I used it too much... I don't have much control yet.. so I won't really want to do it on other people yet I can almost certainly phase stuff out of people but obviously I don't need to explain to you how dangerous that is... I would like to help people with my eyes maybe save some lives? I know hospitals have x-ray machines but surely my power could still be usef-" I begin to ramble again but a pointing and stuttering Christine lets out a little scream

"Yo-You can... WHAT?!?" -She beings and starts circling me while I am still through the bed not quite unlike what Tony Stark did...

"As I said I can phase through objects and see through... basically anythin-" I begin again but get cut off by throwing the clipboard at me gently as she gapes as it just falls through me to the floor
"Ho-HOW?!?" She says after blinking a bunch and wiping at her eyes... oh yeah she has literally been on a death shift for god knows how long she probably thinks shes seeing stuff...

"I-I don't think I can say honestly" -My mind flashes back to not being able to tell Stark anything.. but that was all future knowledge I couldn't use but I might be able to explain about my system? not entirely sure anyway I can risk it later.

"Uh wow okay.. this is alot... sorry" She says after I see her pinching herself I walk out of the bed and put my sunglasses on
"Can you help me help others?" I say as I look in her eyes

She looks back at me and slightly down as even if she is quite small she isn't as small as me...
"Why me?" She finally says after a couple of seconds of silence.
NO the question I was dreading... how do I explain why I picked her specifically... if I can't mention my future vision.. I rack my brain to come up with a reasonable explanation...
"I think you want to save lives" I begin but she interrupts
"You are literally in a place chalk full of people who want to save lives" She says with a smile tugging at her lips

"I-I know but some people are different... I don't know how to explain okay! I just I want you." I say while muttering the end but it seems she caught it as she looks contemplative...

"Okay." She says
"Wa-wait okay?"- I say with some confusion? was it supposed to be this easy?
"Yes... Okay. If you can do what you can say you can save so many lives... basically skipping the diagnosing phase and straight to treatment.. not to mention if you can make specific VERY SPECIFIC things intangible you could be the best surgeon ever." She says while smiling like she has an inside joke that I don't understand near the end
Honestly I-I am just glad I finally have someone in my corner huh she looks worried now almost pity crosses her face...
Oh I am crying... and its not blood this time.. "I-I-I am sorry I don't know what come over m-" I fluster out something incomprehensible and she just pulls be into a hug and we stay like that for a bit...

"I am sorry.." I finally say after who knows how many minutes.. "I just really have no one who believes in me.. actually I have no one at all..." I say and a sad realization finally comes over me at the end there..

"That's okay honey you have someone now, but don't be getting to happy! ill be testing you and molding you into a mini surgeon!" -She says as she looks somewhat flustered.. I guess taking care of a literal child isn't what she thought today was...

Wait... testing? "Testing?" I say with some confusion she knows I can see through stuff right?
"Absolutely! Do you even know what diseases or bone dis-figuration even looks like?" she beings wiping the tears off my face and pinching my cheeks
"W-well no.. but I can probably see weirdness in the bodies and I can see skeletons so bone stuff should be easy to see.." I say with some frustration as she pinches my cheeks I WENT THROUGH COLLEGE! I would be around her actual age! actually I have no idea what my age actually was.. wait what did I study in college? Seriously? I just have vague memories of college but nothing about what I did...
Okay ill put that in the existential crisis bottle for later...

""Weirdness"" she says while emphasizing her point with a big pinch of my cheeks "Isn't good enough when it comes to saving lives okay?" -She almost goes on another rant but I knock comes at the door "Hey anyone in there?"

"YES!" she shouts back as she turns to me "We gotta get outta here.. I can get you some scrubs and you can shadow what I am doing... just y'know dont say you are a doctor... or a nurse... actually you look way too young to pass as even a med student... Ah whatever just follow me and if someone asks just say you are waiting for your family that should work for about 2s of ER" She says while it seems she is convincing me and her at the same time.

"There is nothing on the chart, if you are sleeping in there just come out and go to another room I need this on-" As the male doctor in his mid 50s was about to open the door Christine beats him to it and walks out with me in tow. "She turns to me and says all good! now follow me please."she faces the old doctor "All yours Mackenzie" -She says with a professional smile
"Hmm youre happy about your death shift.. you shouldn't let people see that or they may stack some more on ya youngin" -Doctor Mackenzie says with what looks like a fatherly smile.
"Noted Mackenzie now if I may?" Christine says as she points past him
"Ofcourse Doctor Palmer" -He says switches his fatherly smile to a professional one
"Thank you Doctor Mackenzie" -She says with a similar professional smile as she leads me to the ER room.. as we get there its like pandemonium... "hmm its quite quiet tonight" Christine says.. thi-this is quiet? as I see 2 different stabbing victims pooling blood on chairs arguing about who started it... maybe I should just start punching criminals.. it would be simpler...

As Christine's (she said to call me that instead of Doctor Palmer) shift comes to an end we leave the hospital "You did pretty well! about 30% accuracy!" -She says quite cheerily... Yeah as it turns out just because you can see well... Everything doesn't necessarily mean you can identify whats wrong.. what's just symptoms or what is what is actually causing it.. I also seen a phone in places I don't think would be possible...

"So hey Katherine (She made it a point to call me this because apparently Kitty as a name just made her laugh and pinch my cheeks again) do... you have a place to stay tonight?" she says with not a small amount of worry in her tone
Oh right I am homeless.. and a small pretty girl... she is probably worried about me...
"Ah.. Don't worry! I live in this abandoned school's janitors closet that can only be accessed basically with my powers or like a car running into it!" I say sounding maybe a little too upbeat as she looks even more worried..
"Ah don't worry! its in hell's kitchen but honestly the gunshots are really not that bad!" I say annnnd yeah she looks even more worried bordering on horrified...

"Yeah noooo. noo come stay at mine its in a shitty place but significantly better than hell's kitchen." -She says with finality.
"Ah I wouldn't want to impose-" -She cuts me off
"Katherine" she stops walking to say this... that can't be good...
"You may have powers but you don't have complete control of them and I don't think you can act faster than a bullet, so until you grow into your powers you are staying with me okay?" I could certainly argue against her... I mean what does she think people just shoot at kids in hell's kitchen? I mean even if I do get mugged or someone with less than pure intentions comes at me unless they quite literally shoot me in the back of the head I can quite simply walk away without anyone stopping me... But.. would it really be so bad to live with someone else? it also stops the commute and we can work on my powers more...

"Okay!" -I say with a smile
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As we are driving to her place and listening to the radio talking about how good a private shower will actually feel after about a week of nothing but public gym showers... I am staring out to the absolutely terrible state of the streets.. garbage pilling up on every corner... not to mention the scanty clad women on the corners without garbage... "You... live in this area?" I ask with some skepticism she is a surgeon right?

"I know what you are thinking what is a doctor doing in a place like this.. well new york rent is insane.. and I want to knock out my student loans within this or next decade.. so yeah I live around here.." -She says with a slight grimace.

"Oh" I say because honestly I don't know what else to say...
I just continue staring out the window practicing my sight choosing to do something Christine told me to do to stop my eyes hurting after a couple minutes of use, its too use my power within proximity, she obviously meant if I was looking at an arm I did not need to see the entire skeleton just the arm of the person and I could focus on that seemingly indefinitely, so I try to apply that to walls just within a couple of yards of me... its slow going and I do have a killer headache when I amplify the range too much and see too much...

But that is when I see it...
In a abandoned filth filled alley a woman no a girl really is struggling against two lust filled guys tearing at her clothes saying something as she cries and puts her hands up and lets them cut her bra off with a knife..

THATS IT
"STOP THE CAR" -I say as I take off my seat belt as I am already one step through the car door and out of the car as it continues to go at about 15mph luckily its new York and you don't really get anywhere in this city.

"Wha-Whats going on are you crazy? get back i-" Christine starts to shout but I can't deal with her right now.. someone needs my help.. the police wont get here fast enough.. as I think of her situation I feel myself losing control... I almost. lose consciousness but I think about the woman I need to SAVE.
"STAY IN THE CAR" I snarl out

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yeah bitch that's some good shit! how much you pay for these tits huh?" Greg says as he gets a handful of flesh. Paul looks up at him as hes taking his knife to her jeans "Quit playing around yo we can get a piece here and now then give her to Bill for hmm 1G? or 5 bens?" Paul ponders for a second
This scares the woman as she starts struggling now and Paul accidentally stabs into her leg, Greg smacks her across the face "Hey BITCH this will go MUCH better if you stop struggling... cause if you keep struggling then we gonna have to smack you up real good and Bill hates damaged goods."
Paul starts after grabbing at her clothed crouch "YEAH BITCH IF YOU COST US MORE MONEY WE GON GET REALLL ANGRY"

He says as they both start laughing when she beings crying, Greg starts going for fly, "I get her first you know you owe me this for covering you for that thing"
Paul glares up at Greg still on his knees while deciding just to start cutting the jeans off no matter if it nicks her "Fuc-FINE but that is it! sick of you using that shit agains-"

He doesn't get to finish as a woman a kid really kicks him in the back of the head with enough force for him to hit the ground
"What the fu- Greg begins as he turns around to see a small fist coming at him... Where did this little shit even come from? there is only two ways in here he wonders as he bats the fist away...
The woman screams as she falls against the wall as Greg isn't holding her up, as Greg gets a good look of his ambusher he begins to laugh
"What is this kid? playing hero?" as he ironically begins to undress her with his eyes

"LET HER GO" the kid says with some kinda voice effect going making it have reverb?

"You think some kind of scary voice is gonna do anything to me kid?" Greg says as he waves the knife around...
"I should slice ya up... but hey ill forgive ya for giving US a 2 for 1 deal"
The girl looks like she knows something is coming as Paul stabs at her from behind it seems he got her as the knife comes... completely through her? its certainly cut apart of her clothes on it and not a small amount of blood but he obviously didn't just cut her in half so what happened?
Greg can't wrap his head around it as Paul falls over from his crouching position as he did not expect to go though someone the kid angrily stomps on Paul's face before he rights himself.

"You will pay for that freak!" Greg says as he charges her
As he stabs at this kid aiming it right for her face as honestly aiming lower than that is quite hard for Greg as he is a heavy set 6'4 man it looks like its about to skewer the kid but its goes through her as she runs closer and punches him just at his chin. She had too jump to reach. as Greg's head almost snaps back.. this kid... has some power in her punches... but he lives on the streets if he went down after 1 punch he wouldn't make it in this life. as she begins falling back to the ground he throws a quick jab with his knife less hand going through her again AGHHH he screams as he goes to bear hug her to death as she lands. He goes straight through her falling in the process, except he does land on her feet as she grunts and a mini scream breaches her lips.. *AGH* Probably remembering what happened to his friend he scrambles to get up as quick as possible but as he does that he is almost on all fours as a kick comes... through his back and hits his chin knocking him out.

As her kick hits the guys chin all she feels is PAIN using her already damaged feet probably wasn't a smart idea she concludes

I don't know how much time has passed the girl is gone and I see Christine running towards me from the alley... thankfully these two are still knocked out... what a shit debut...

As that thought goes through me...

• [CIVILIAN SAVED +1 EXP]
  • [2X THUG DEFEATED +2 EXP]

...Huh...

that... is SO NOT WORTH

[Level 1 0003/1000]
[KITTY PRYDE/0002304-0B AGED 14]

HP 030/200
EXHAUST 7/10

Stats

(A/N) We finally got some action! and yknow it didn't go exactly well... but not too badly either! for people wondering why I am not going the full vigilante route already, I think my character would need some help and guidance with her powers and a surgeon is the best fit in my opinion, Plus y'know the whole point of this fic is that she is a normie not someone who is just down to fight all the time so she will try and help in less violent ways)

I gotta say this.... "ANXIETY" why would you write in that type of first person view.

It just doesn't click well since it feels like your bouncing to different plot points with no reference or journey.

Kitty as far as i know lives in the south-east as far as I know, and she somehow popped into New York? No questions on how a 14 year-old crossed multiple state-lines?

Really just needs a re-work and plenty of filler to account for travel otherwise you might as well have given teleport powers so that the transition made since.

I gotta say this.... "ANXIETY" why would you write in that type of first person view.

It just doesn't click well since it feels like your bouncing to different plot points with no reference or journey.

Kitty as far as i know lives in the south-east as far as I know, and she somehow popped into New York? No questions on how a 14 year-old crossed multiple state-lines?

Really just needs a re-work and plenty of filler to account for travel otherwise you might as well have given teleport powers so that the transition made since.

Yeah the anxiety isn't exactly coming through how I like, I should probably make it clear in a chapter that Kitty's influence is more than ive written, as yknow she doesn't exactly act like a 20 something college educated person, its way more a mix between Kitty and our Protag.

As for the changing plot points and the first person view, I know its different but it will settle eventually as she begins to actually get people around her as her plans really are not great.

Yeah this isn't comics Kitty this is "MCU" Kitty which yknow doesn't exist so I just had her pop down in New York because that is where shit happens. Plus her place her birth really isn't big for her character its not like she has an extreme accent or anything.

Thanks for reading and the feedback I can try and make the first person more clear but I probably wont change it to 3rd person except for fight scenes and certain scenes.

Hmm. Well you should probably use third-person to at least give some description of the location she's at. It felt like she ran through some walls from a closet and popped out at the expo. Ill read a few more chapters once you release them and give it a more complete review.

The original gamer's mind from the manga the gamer. Didn't turn people into unfeeling psychopaths bad fanfiction altered it to that. It's original purpose was keep the individual who had it calm during combat situations and protect them from mental attacks and prevent you from developing mental disorders it's literally supposed to keep sane and not turn you into an insane unfeeling psychopath. It's essentially a perversion on the perception of the original skill created by overwhelming amounts of bad fanfiction.

heh, anxiety, This is just circular thinking, I cant, I can, I cant I can.. ….. over and over and over again without achieving anything. Really annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back