• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

QQ's Future - Partnership with Google

How much do you love Google?

• I love it

Votes: 36 3.7%
  • I *really* love it, if you know what I mean

Votes: 118 12.2%
  • I can't live without Google

Votes: 40 4.1%
  • ALL HAIL THE ALGORITHM

Votes: 580 59.8%
  • The FBI is coming for me after reading my Gmail account

Votes: 196 20.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
April 1st, In the 30 minuets or so it takes me to get my first coffee of the day, that is a Very scary time for me :eek:

I for one welcome our new machine overlords.

My heart man... oh wow, can't believe I almost fell for that

All Hail Google. Death to DuckDuckGo.
Duckus Vult!
giphy-downsized.gif

:p

Let's just say that some people see that as a feature and would be kind of pissed if it were revoked. I was vaguely serious when I said people might delete all their posts if they didn't spot the joke.

(Mechanically, it's because you need to log in to view most of QQ and Google doesn't appear to have an account.)
Oh I know why it happens, and I understand people not wanting to have their stuff out there like that. As a long time fanfiction reader, and as someone who appreciates this site for what it is, even I have to admit there is some messed up stuff here. No judgement, as has been mentioned before, this is the most friendly hive of scum and villainy in the world, just not my thing. But it does get annoying when I start to read something, wait a bit, and then forget how to find it. QQ's internal search engine being... not the greatest (Probably because google has patents on all the good shit, lol.). Again, I have no proposed solutions so feel free to treat this as the mildly inconvenienced idle complaining it is.

*Edit, damn, I could have been the 100th comment.

I knew it. So that's why I can see some Member restricted subforum and post in Google cache on Google search

Reading this before I drank the first Coffee of the day was not fun.
My Heart stopped beating for a moment.

Then I took a second to glance back at the Calendar once I'd managed to take a sip from my mug and was relieved.
Well played Staff. Well played.

As an Australian, I was not expecting an april fools joke of this magnitude. Normally they're done tomorrow, April 2nd.

Thank you.

Waiiiiiiittt, didn't moot go work at Google? This might actually be true. /s

Embarrassingly this line and reading the comments is what it took me to realize the joke...

I'm dumb.

Friendly reminder that THESE ROBOT DOG FUCKERS CAN OPEN DOORS AND CLIMB SHIT. YOU CANNOT RUN.
Uh, you guys do know that Skynet is a real thing, right? Named after the movie, because the government always does that, becuase it doesn't have to give a fuck about copyright, and it sucks at being original. I know, I work for them. Well, the government, not Skynet. Where I work, we have a program called Cerebro, yes, stolen from X-Men.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SKYNET_(surveillance_program)

Oh, and the Britts have one too: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skynet_(satellite)
This is the most unbelievable part. Skynet is the name of the Chinese government's surveillance program, not Google's.
It's quite a few things actually, see above.
Okay, admittedly unlike SB's Obvious bit about "GroundBattles", this was subtle enough that I bought it because I forgot what the date was.

Phew.

Seriously, for a moment the thought "Oh. Fuck. Everything I know and love is gonna be ripped apart and censored for 'our benefit'," went through my head.
Fuck if I wasn't right there with you. Was freaking out thinking I was going to have to either find a new place as great as this one - unlikely - or have to fucking host my own shit.

Damn.... For a moment, I had this utopian dream of Google actually willing to go the distance, fight censorship and let internet (lewd and immoral) dreams still be dreams, let perverts be perverts online, but then it all came crashing down.

. . . I dunno, really, how I managed to have the very opposite optimistic reaction from the others.

Excuse me while I hyperventilate for a bit.

……folks, this is why checking the date is important, I forgot it was April 1st.

Can I just say how glad I am to know that our future will be in the hands of Google, the most trustworthy and least evil of all the mega-corporations available to us. I'm looking forward to all the benefits that come with Google taking over this forum. I love Google. It's the best website. It's Google, the best website, and I love it. I love Google. I love Google. I love Google. I love Google. I love Google. I love Google. I love-

Ahh, April fools. I blame me not getting this on the account of the fact that I am currently in college and absolutely brain dead at the moment.

My favorite part is how everyone in the thread is going "oh, this is the April Fools joke" and absolutely nobody is taking it seriously.

(There are several people reporting close calls, but that's not quite the same thing.)

The part that really got me was the "personalized" banner, I saw my screen mane and immediately went WTF!? :confused:
Wait, you guys are getting banners? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back