• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Reborn as a Demonic Hat

I've had feedback that 'Darkseed' doesn't have a good enough ring to it. Happy to hear other thoughts though. I've also heard that folk don't like the meta jokes, but they're kinda a staple of the story :p
To me Darkseed is fine, if you want to change it perhaps as he grows stronger he grows from a Darkseed into a The Archon to signify he's growing more adapt.

Meta jokes are a part of the parcel of the story I'm loving it.

To me Darkseed is fine, if you want to change it perhaps as he grows stronger he grows from a Darkseed into a The Archon to signify he's growing more adapt.

Meta jokes are a part of the parcel of the story I'm loving it.

Genuinely glad to hear this :)

I look forward to the hat tricks you're sure to employ.

Chapter 12: Welcome to your [Popular Phase] New
Host: Dark Raven [LVL 15]

Stats:

HP: 90/90

MP: 0

WILL: 10/10

STR: 10

PER: 20

SPD: 55

CHA: 5

[Skills known]

Wing Buffet (Grade F),

Peck (Grade F)

Dive (Grade E)

[Skill Steal]

Roar (Grade E)

Hide (Grade D)

Current Spirit Cores: 50

With the wind at his back, Ethan soared through the skies above Argwyll's Ashfall mountain range, swooping down with a combination of [Hide] and [Dive] to slay most of the inhabitants of the mountain's crags and peaks with a single strike.

Most of these foes were simple mountain wolves and rugged boars – creature's he wouldn't bother possessing. What need did he have of those shlubs when he had a literal feathered dive-bomber at his beck and call?

You gotta admit this is fun, Sys. Come on.

The only thing I will admit is how this 'grinding' as you call it has proven surprisingly…effective for your progression.

Ethan took the compliment as he speared his beak into an unsuspecting mountain goat, ending its life before it even knew what hit its horned head. As he waited for his new companions to catch him up, he then decided to take a quick break to nip at some ticks in his wings and check his most recent upgrades:

Hide: Grade E -> D

Upgrade complete!

Hide now allows you to attempt to conceal yourself during the day, at disadvantage vs enemy PERS

Spirit Cores required to upgrade further: 80

Dive: Grade F -> E

Upgrade complete!

Dive DMG increased by 40

Spirit Cores Required to upgrade further: 120

He already knew that [Dive] was a skill he'd be transferring to his next host – whoever that may be. He'd managed to slaughter every creature he'd come across by exploiting the damage bonus from his successful sneak attacks. After all, he was coming at most of these poor mountain dwellers from the air itself – normally with a scream of 'Death from Above' on his beak as he swooped in to end each critter's life. This mountain range was practically a Spirit Core haven – even if each boar and wolf gave him little more than a paltry 30/40 Cores a piece.

He'd set to increasing his core stats next – raising his health and speed which seemed to complement the 'build' he was going for here. [Wing Buffet] provided some extra crowd control and, with the troll's [Roar] ability as a backup, he'd pretty much invented his own assassin class at this point.

I gotta give the class a name though, Sys, he said, starting to ponder. 'Darkseed' just sounds too edgy. Maybe: 'The Grimclaw' or 'Black-Talon'.

…You think those titles are less edgy?

Just spitballin. We'll workshop it.

He heard the rushed steps of his companions following his trail of destruction, each of them whistling to themselves as they saw just how powerful their Darkseed was.

"I…must admit," Klax sniggered. "Even I didn't think this one would be so bold and so…intent on his purpose."

"That's me in a nutshell," Ethan replied, puffing out his jet-black chest. "I'm a hat of purpose."

"And power," Fauna gasped as she inspected the fallen monsters of the mountain. "You – th – that is…you have taken to your powers remarkably well…Darkseed Ethan."

"Just Ethan is fine, Faun," he replied as they grouped up again and continued on their way.

"E-Ethan, then," the shy Hopla smiled – trying to conceal her blush at being given a nickname.

I think I'm going to be sick…wake me up when the circlejerking is over.

Ethan had already learned much of his companions as dawn broke over the Ashfalls and they continued their trek towards this 'Sanctum' – which was apparently a place of refuge for these hybrids and others like them.

"A place where we can be free of hunters," Klax explained.

"Or just any damn humans," Tara put in, twirling her short blades in her hands. "See, ever since the first Lightborn, humans ain't wanted us in this world."

"They burn our burrows," Fauna whispered, her face contorted in pain. "They kill the young, or enslave the strong among us. We…we are little more than…"

"Monsters," Tara finished, angrily slamming her blade into a scampering mountain salamander that then died instantly. "Humans don't know the difference between a hybrid and a real, ugly ass monster. The don't know – and don't wanna know."

Ethan bristled at this.

"Don't get me wrong – I know how dumb humans can be – but why? Can't they tell you guys are at least half human? Hell, you're the only ones in this whole world who haven't tried to off me as soon as I met you. That must count for something."

Klax gave a hearty chuckle. "In your world, would the humans not see us as mere beasts to be slain or enslaved on sight?"

"Depends on the human, I guess. But I know for a fact that there's entire communities online that would love you guys…maybe a little too much."

"Online?" Tara asked.

"Eh, it's an earth thing."

"To be loved for what I am sounds…that sounds wonderful."

The group stopped as Fauna said these words, her eyes closed over and body shivering as dawn broke over the mountain path.

"Faun?"

"I – I'm sorry," the Hopla said with a wiggle of her elongated ears. "It's just that it has been so long since there was any hope at all. Now that you're here, it…it all just seems unreal."

Ethan looked as the other two comforted their friend, each one's face a solemn display of grief mixed with cautious optimism.

This is more than just some lame prophecy, Ethan thought then. These guys don't just want me to help them out, they need me to even just exist in this world…I'm gonna be real, that sounds like a lot of hassle…

This thought occupied Ethan's mind as the group finally reached their destination – a series of ruins off the edge of the mountain pass, in the middle of a dark crater that looked more like a giant hoof torn into the earth than a natural formation.

"Woah…" Ethan whistled. "That's your home?"

"Not quite," Klax replied, ushering the others down as he scanned the surrounding area for any instance of human activity.

"Sanctum had ta be hidden good and proper," Tara said as she began skidding down the face of their overlook towards the crater's depths. "It was built on the site of the last Darkseed's lair!"

Lair…Ethan thought. Like a Raid Boss. I need me one of those…

The four of them descended to the ruins, a strange wind picking up as they got to the base of the crater. The place was deserted – little more than a series of moss-covered columns and patchwork walls. Here and there were a series of broken statues depicting various types of monsters, each one eviscerated beyond recognition. The vibe of the place was almost holy, and as Ethan watched the hybrids faces as they walked towards the ruins' central pillar, they all shared the same look of veneration for the place – even the plucky Minxit.

"So…you said this was the last Darkseed's lair?" Ethan asked, mainly to kill the weird silence that had set in.

"It was," Klax sighed as his eyes traced each individual statue, drawing his paw across a few of them with sorrow. "Before she was destroyed."

The silence then returned, this time, all too deep.

"Let me guess – this Lightborn guy killed her?"

"Mhm," Fauna replied. "It's been the law of this world ever since the beginning. A Darkseed rises alongside a Lightborn – and the Lightborn always triumphs…"

"But not this time," Tara said without looking back at her friend. "Not this one. This time, we're gonna win. We're gonna put an end to this fucking cycle once and for-"

Klax's eyes shot towards his companion.

"Not now," he said. "Let Ethan see Sanctum, and then let him hear what we desire from him."

The Minxit looked sheepishly at Ethan before obeying the Lycae's command. Ethan had already got the impression the big guy was the leader of the pack. It made sense, even if he was a little on the older side, with a mane that looked just a little bit mangy…

Though that didn't matter at all when the old warrior stopped before the pristine white pillar at the center of the ruin, collapsed his hands together as though in prayer, and spoke just a few short lines:

"In darkness, may we seek our light

In vengeance, may we find our goal

In death, may we gain our hope."

It sounded more like a grim mantra than a prayer, but Ethan knew just as any gamer would that these words weren't just spoken by a priest intoning a hymn for the good of his God – these words had power. And such power began to twist the pillar above them all and shrink it into the ground, revealing a spiral staircase leading into the depths of the earth.

"Pretty cool, huh?" Tara nudged Ethan's wing. "Most humans think this place is bad luck, considering what it used ta be. We get the odd tourist every now and then but, eh, they don't go running off to tell nobody about our little secret lair."

Tara indicated some piles of bones stacked in a little pyramid at the edge of the ruins, and as Ethan followed the Hybrids down the stairway to the abyss, he couldn't help but think that, yes, he'd found his people in this world.

For a while, he saw nothing at all – only inky, all-consuming blackness, even with the aid of his raven-host's sharp eyesight.

Then, all at once, the world of the underground exploded before him.

At the bottom of the stairs a stone door opened, revealing an underground city filled with hybrids. Ethan saw about every mix of creature-humanoid that his mind could conjure, mulling about a vast cavernous expanse of houses hewn into boulders and carved out of the walls of caverns themselves. Tunnels dotted the walls of the cavern, stretching on apparently to more and more residential areas. The high ceiling of the cavern twinkled with stalactites of silver, emerald, ruby, and sapphire – creating the impression of a multicolored, star-speckled sky looming over the inhabitants.

And as soon as Ethan and his companions entered through the great stone doors, all activity in the city seemed to grind to an abrupt halt.

Klax stepped forward in the face of Ethan's pure astonishment, flanked by his Hopla and Minxit posse.

"What you see before you is no lie!" he called out to the hybrid-filled cavern – in a voice powerful enough to echo through the whole place and every tunnel system, so that more and more hybrids started popping their heads into the central cavern, crowding round eachother to see what they'd been waiting for.

"Hybrids of Sanctum, I give you your Darkseed!"

Ethan was then immediately overwhelmed by the cheers and cries of joy that leaped from the lips of every lizardman, rabbitgirl, catfolk or Lycae – and the countless other variations he saw. Truthfully, what he was looking on was an entire world down here, gazing up at him with hope-filled eyes.

"They've been waiting for you, Ethan," Klax said beside him. "We've been waiting for the one to bring us out of the dirt. And its you – no matter where you came from before – it's you. Of that there is no doubt."

Ethan's dead-eyed bird form gazed over the baying crowd with no expression whatsoever, but he was giddy with excitement. He stretched out his wings and took flight – giving the people a show to remember.

Do you know what this means, Sys?

Oh, please do tell. I wouldn't want to deprive you of your heroic cliffhanger.

We've just found our Main Quest, Ethan giggled in his mindscape. And that means our adventures in Argwyll are only just beginning.

I do hold high hopes that you're not clinging too hard unto the modern fantasy isekai model, as this setup reminds me plenty of Arifureta and many other light novels.

That said, I look forward to the timeskip and growth of this snappy hat.

I'm just itching for my background knowledge on what the Darkseed is and the whole cycle that goes on with the Lightborn.

I do hold high hopes that you're not clinging too hard unto the modern fantasy isekai model, as this setup reminds me plenty of Arifureta and many other light novels.

That said, I look forward to the timeskip and growth of this snappy hat.

What did you think of the opening? I changed a few things recently.

I probably read it after you did said changes, as I couldn't tell what the differences were from what I read the first time.

Fair enough. Glad it brought you into the story! Originally I started with just the Isekai'ing immediately. I went back and added some backstory for Ethan.

Fair enough. Glad it brought you into the story! Originally I started with just the Isekai'ing immediately. I went back and added some backstory for Ethan.
The version I read had the backstory from the start.

I do appreciate the brevity of said backstory and jumping straight down the rabbit hole for the discoveries.

Chapter 13: [LORE] New
Ethan was taken through the hallowed halls of Sanctum slowly but surely, his feathered form protecting him from the chill winds that blew through its many tunnels. The whole city was an interconnected mass of outposts for Hybrids who had sought shelter from human poaching and hatred. As he walked with his new companions, he saw that it wasn't just a simple refugee city however – food stores, blacksmithies, and even a few alchemist stores were carved out of the giant cavern that served as Sanctum's central hub. And everywhere he went, the blessings of the people went with him.

"This place is huge!" he said to Tara as they walked. "Here I was expecting you guys to just be a rag-tag bunch of misfits seeking shelter from the cold."

The Minxit chuckled proudly, hands on her hips, nodding to a few of her catgirl cousins who looked on her as though she were walking alongside a God.

"Sanctum's been here for at least a century, now," she said. "Safest place in all of Argwyll for us."

"Tara," Fauna whispered. "Everyone's staring at us…"

"Well, let 'em!" the catgirl replied, hopping atop a statue of a bulky-looking Lycae and waving to the crowd that had assembled all around their small group. "We're gonna be famous too y'know. Better get used to the celebrity life, Faun."

The shy Hopla blushed in the face of all the staring fans.

"Be calm, Fauna," Klax said from the front of the group, stopping at a few rocky intersections to shake the hands of shopkeepers or town guards – big, bulky rhino hybrids with rusted iron armor. They looked fierce, but Ethan was sure it probably wouldn't take much to bust that armor open.

"You will see that our little kingdom isn't much," Klax continued. "But it is home. It's the best we've got."

"Hey, no judgement here," Ethan replied. "I ain't even seen a human city in this place yet. All I've ever known are dusty mine shafts and bloody wolf dens."

The wolf den wasn't quite so bloody until you got there…

C'mon, Sys! Let's at least try and make a good first impression. I'm in my popular phase now, don'tcha know?

Klax nodded. "It is right that you did not experience the horrors of Lysandus's cities. They are…not places for our kind."

Tara and Fauna grimaced as he mentioned this name – and Ethan felt his curiosity just keep peaking.

"Lysandus?"

"King of Western Argwyll – what the humans call the Westerweald. That's where we are right now."

The Minxit said this with as much as spite as she savored whenever she talked about anything human. Out of all of them, her hatred seemed the most palpable. Ethan couldn't help but wonder just what kind of ghosts she had in her past.

Something that kept on catching his eye as they walked were the tattered banners that hung from every pillar on every street corner. A few were even draped high above the city, suspended from the great cave ceiling itself. The image was that of a single, crimson eye, staring out from a backdrop of brown earth, surrounded by fire. To Ethan, it looked the very picture of a fantasy villain, and only now did he realize that it was his eye…the single eye in the center of his hatty, thready self.

"Your banner, Ethan," Klax explained. "Yours, and that of all your brethern who have come before you. Soon it will be at the forefront of your armies as we take the surface for ourselves."

All this talk of conquest in his name was great and all, but the details of his 'brethern' was the one thing Ethan needed to know about all else. Every new wonder he saw round these parts – from the firebug-lit lantern lights that lined the streets to the mushroom towers that rose in the western sections of the city - they were becoming secondary to his burning need to understand exactly who he was in this world. What he was.

I am guessing you have given up the notion of perhaps returning home to your previous, humanly, slovenly life?

Ethan almost laughed out loud. Sys was such a kidder.

Sys, I've been Isekai'd into a world where I'm basically the Demon King. Why the hell would I go back to cable TV and Dorito fingers?

Then it seems I truly am damned.

Know that I did warn you.

Sys seemed rather more morose than sarcastic ever since they'd gotten down here. But Ethan put it down to nerves. Maybe the System of this world was of human make, or composed by a deity that favored humanity. Whatever the case, the concerns of good old Sys would have to wait, because his little team had just brought him to a very new sight.

At the very end of the city rose a castle – a real, honest to goodness castle in the darkness of the underground realm. A gatehouse flanked by impressive Martello towers loomed high above the city, with the banner of the demon-eye flying from every wall as they the structure itself was watching over the hybrids of Sanctum.

Inside, the halls were barren but still pretty big. Each chamber was composed of some kind of sandstone equivalent. Ethan had played enough Civ and Total War to know that these walls wouldn't stand up to pounding by a trebuchet or battering ram, but the keep was still solid and defensible – each wall was lined with flaming braziers perfect for archers, and the place even came with its own dedicated armory and dungeons – though they were sparsely populated.

They eventually came to great oaken doorway that gave them entrance to a throne room speckled with glittering gems – each window showing a stained glass representation of some kind of great beast standing tall above the world of Argwyll. There were five of them – each one imposing and terrifying in their own respects.

"These are your past lives, Darkseed," Klax explained as they passed each window. "For five centuries has the land of Argwyll existed, and for five centuries has a Darkseed risen."

"Karfangg the Unbound," Klax said, pointing to the first image of a horned chimera of a pretty classical style. "First of the Darkseed, breaker of the first men. Slain by Lightborn Krea."

Lightborn…

"Gelsadra the Everlasting," Fauna murmured as they came to the second window showing a vicious, bipedal hydra wielding a massive trident. "Ruler of the Shifting Sands. Bringer of Eternal Life. Slain by Lightborn Casimer."

"Mortavius the Shroud," Tara said at the next window. This time, the hooded image of a skeletal warlock holding a black grimoire stared down at Ethan with dark, hollow eyes. "Lord of Shadows, patron of thieves and assassins. Slain by Lightborn Androx."

I'm beginning to sense a pattern here…

"The demon-flower Gyko," Fauna said at the next image of a very buxom, very feminine, but very evil looking plant monster. "Mistress of toxins and corruption. Slain by…Lightborn Artorious."

Ethan whirred on her. "Artorious? You mean the one-armed Arthurian cosplayer who nearly killed us all?"

"Every century since the very beginning of recorded time," Klax explained. "There has one Law that governs this world above all others - A Darkseed rises, and a Lightborn does battle with them."

"One small detail overlooked there, Chief: it looks like the Lightborn always wins. Is that another little Law? The fact that I'm supposed to die to that old, crippled bastard out there?"

"Nah," Tara replied. "He's still the Lightborn, sure. But he's old. Retired, I heard. So tired and broken by his last big battle that he's nothing more than a homeless bum getting drunk on cheap booze, nowadays. He's not got the chops to deal with a fully-fledged Darkseed. And that'll be you, soon. When he's outta the picture, there'll be nothing stopping us."

"B-Besides," Fauna stammered. "He broke his sword the second he tried to kill you! Maybe it has something to do with you having a human soul. Maybe this time…"

"We've finally found the one who will break the cycle," Klax finished. "A human born in another world, coming to us in the form of a monster who wishes nothing more than to cultivate strength. A human seeking a better life, who will find one among the hybrids of this realm."

"Just like Gax said!" Fauna shrieked, hopping about excitedly until Tara's stern eyes stopped her.

"What matters is that you're here, and you're the one, Ethan," Tara shrugged. "You gotta be."

She pointed up at the last stained-glass window depicting – well – Ethan shouldn't have been surprised.

He was looking at an image of himself. A demonic hat with a whole army of fantasy beasts beneath him.

"Gyko was supposed to be the Last Darkseed," Fauna said. "But as she died, the Sanctum summoned up a new mural: The Demon Hat. Lord of all monsters. Last of the line."

"Ethan the Demon-Hat," Klax smiled. "It has the powerful ring of simplicity to it, does it not?"

While Ethan contemplated how he could make his name more badass like the rest of his 'brethren',Klax and the gang then led him towards what they really wanted to show him: the ancient, cobweb covered throne at the very end of the main hall. Followed by at least 100 other hybrids, Ethan and his group approached the chair with veneration, and Ethan realized after a few seconds that they had stopped walking a while ago.

"The throne of Sanctum is yours, Ethan," Klax said. "Should it accept you as the new Darkseed, we will be at your disposal."

"Should it accept me? That sounds…less certain than I'd like."

"Th-the magic is very old," Fauna whispered, her voice catching as she realized just how much it echoed in these halls. "The spirits of all the Darkseeds have been absorbed into the stone. All their expectations, all their crushed hopes…In some cases it imposes limitations…"

"Like it did with Gyko," Tara spat. "Couldn't move a muscle for the entire time she was Darkseed."

"This gig just keeps sounding better and better…" Ethan sighed.

But he looked up at the stone throne and couldn't help feeling excitement gnaw at his threadbare bones. He wiggled his bird host's tail, straightened up, and walked on bloody claws towards the kingly chair, feeling the eyes of all the hybrids upon him.

In his old life, he'd felt eyes on him like this, too, but it was always at the butt of some joke, or some prank that had gone too far. This time, he felt a wave of expectation washing over him. And rather than be afraid, he felt a tangible sense of pride.

These folk actually want me to succeed. They want me to lead them.

Hey, not like I'm gonna change who I am. I'm still in this for power – for more power than a dude like me ever had back in my shitty-ass world. But…if I help out a whole dying civilization as a byproduct…hey, won't that look good in the history books?

Are you truly vain enough to care about your reputation in the annals of history?

He smiled as Sys said this, gripping the cold armrests of the throne with his dark wings.

Sys…have you met me? In my old life I was the fucking bottom of the barrel. This time, I'm gonna go right to the top. You're with me, right?

I have literally no choice in the ma-

Perfect.

He sat his feathered butt down on the throne and instantly felt a wash of energy surge through his body, filling him with untapped power that surged in the blood of his host and then pooled at the tip of his being. He closed his eyes as it reached fever pitch, and when he opened them again, he looked upon a sea of bowed hybrids, each one intoning his name like monks at prayer.

Spirit Core Increase: +100

Current Spirit Cores: 250

[New Quest List unlocked!]

{Darkseed Delves}

Delve dungeons identified nearby!

Delve 1: The Festering Den (Grade F)

Delve 2: The Twilight Sepulcher (Grade E)

Delve 3: The City of Illusions (Grade D)

He blinked all three of his eyes as these new words washed over him.

"Delves?" he said. "Like Raid dungeons?"

"Places of power, Lord Ethan," Klax said. "Places where monsters of high level dwell, which will soon be yours for the taking. These dungeons are dotted around our Sanctum, and will provide you with unlimited power if you utilize your possession abilities wisely. Give us the command, and we will follow you into them. We will be your swords and shields to guide you on your path of power. Soon, you will be the most powerful Darkseed of all."

"Hail Ethan! Hail the Demon-Hat!"

The chant was taken up by Tara, and soon all the people followed suit – Ethan's name reverberated off the walls of the entire castle, traveling out and singing in the ears of all who inhabited the dark realm of the underground.

And Ethan, still studying the Delve menu, felt a sly smile press itself onto his raven's beak.

Well Sys, he said. I guess it can't be helped. Looks like we're gonna have to put our buddy-cop bromance on hold. We've got a world to conquer.

[EXTRA] Covers drafts! New
Been messing around with Demon Hat covers for when I get the story ready for daily uploads. What do you guys think of these cover designs?

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f346e5969637179712d3843716e413d3d2d313336383637303838322e313766333463656364656666613934623938383930353931353735372e706e67

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f7262444a492d4379544a495855413d3d2d313336383637303838322e313766333463656563663566353638303739333730373831353532332e706e67

The first one's a bit boring, the second one looks fucking awesome.

Thanks ebolasos! Which cover do you prefer?
The 2nd one is my preferred one but the first one is also good as it's subtle with the style, I reckon the first one could be better if perhaps if you had the hat on top of something like the dire raven he's possessed currently.

Everyone's loves a Dapper raven with a cool hat.

Chapter 14: Tune-Up New
Ethan's quest for power as a Hat {Legendary} was about to begin in earnest.

He requested Klax and the others take him on a tour of Sanctum while he contemplated his arsenal of abilities, realizing that now he had enough Spirit Cores to upgrade his Demon Hat skills:

---Skill check: Ethan Hawke---

Object: Hat {Legendary}

Skills: Possession (Rank F)

Skill Siphon (Rank F)

Appraisal (Rank F)

Transmogrification (Rank F)

Spirit Cores req. to upgrade Hat {Legendary} skills: 250

Current Spirit Cores: 250

These skills are my trump cards, he thought. I'd better consider them carefully…

This is new, Hat {Legendary}. I am surprised to see you considering the tactical advantages of your skills.

C'mon, Sys, I'm a strategist at heart, don'tcha know? I'm both a Civ and a Total War man, with a dabbling of League on the side…

Possession (Rank E)

You are now able to view the memories of your possessed minions

Pretty cool, but in terms of combat capabilities…pretty meh. I'll use it when I'm looking to acquire some juicy lore. But I've probably got enough of that already.

Next. Skill!

Transmogrification (Rank E)

You can now modify and equip items with up to {Mithril} level.

Ohhhhh, better shiny stabby knives…I'm considering this one, even though right now I've got nothing but my own lil' black beak. Y'know what? When I find a good vein of Mithril, I'll come back to it.

And last up, we have…the bread and butter itself…

Skill Siphon (Rank E)

You can now Steal up to two skills from one possessed Host and transfer them to a new Host body.

Sys…let's be real here, is this the obvious choice or is this the obvious choice?

There's more to combat in this world than stealing skills, you kno-

Skill Siphon: Upgraded!

Congratulations! You have improved Skill Siphon (Rank F – E)

Spirit Cores Required to Upgrade: 600

Current Spirit Cores: 0

Fine. Go on out and eat away at every monster in the world. See if I care.

Ethan sorrowed his brow as he let Klax and the others lead him through the dusty streets of Sanctum, shaking the hands of every hybrid with his wings.

Sys…isn't that literally what I'm here for? Besides, that 600 Spirit Core requirement is meaty.

Klax introduced him to the main members of the community – such as the Blacksmith, Borlor the Dixit, a badger-hybrid with a penchant for sneezing up a storm and for wiggling his great furry snout in people's faces. Unlike the rest, he was far more animal than human.

"Darkseed Ethan!" he screamed as the form of a dapper Dark Raven entered his shop. "Welcome to my modest store! You'll want equipment for the start of your journey, yes-yes? Well, look no further my Lord – Borlor's House of Metal Wonders is here to serve you well!"

"The Darkseed is more than capable for defending himself, Borlor," Klax explained. "But all the same, it wouldn't hurt to show him what tools we have that can augment his abilities."

"O-of course, good Klax!" the Dixit sniveled, beginning to cough through the dust-caked store that was starting to bring tears to Tara's eyes behind them. "Let me show you what I have in the back!"

The badger-man fumbled and tripped over at least five different mannequins of various shapes and sized.- each one meant to represent the form of a different hybrid in the community.

And Ethan was suddenly seized by a very…heretical notion.

"So, something I've been wondering is…can't I possess you guys? Just for a little bit, you understand. You've got such fine skills and…well, I don't like to brag, but my Skill Siphon just got bigger."

The Hybrids stared at him with knowing eyes, as though each one thought the answer to be plainly obvious.

"Fate doesn't like to make things easy for us," Klax huffed. "Fauna, go ahead and cast a bind curse on the bird, and we'll show the Darkseed his answer."

"Um…are you sure I can –"

"If the spell goes tits up," Tara says, "I'm sure the Darkseed can tank a fireball to the face."

Say what no-

Ethan felt his raven form suddenly paralyzed, and then felt Klax's firm hands lift him off the bird and place him on his own furry scalp.

And Ethan's demon pupil dilated as he saw what they meant.

Potential Host….Not suitable.

Well…I'll be damned.

"It's the same with all of us", the Lycae monk explained and he firmly placed Ethan back on the head of his paralyzed old Host. "The Darkseed we will follow, but we cannot give you the keys to success. For that, you'll need the Delves of Westerweald and the treasures they have locked within."

"But don't you worry," Tara said with a mischievous wink. "We'll be there to help ya out."

The Dixit then finally returned with a handful of blades, mauls, and armor in his hands, practically tripping over himself with the need to please.

"I-I- yes, my Lord," he stammered. "We've got daggers, shortswords, broadswords, greataxes, handaxes, bardiche, Kunai, throwing knives…and a couple of chainmail breastplates freshly made. Now, I'm afraid all the materials are up to {Steel} level in quality – shortage of ore you understand. Should you find any higher quality ores on your travels, perhaps you could bring them to me if you get the chance? Anyway, I'm sure we can try a few different modifications so that what we have suits your particular…forms."

Ethan held up a single, jet-black wing. "That won't be necessary, my good man."

Skill Activated: Transmogrification

Before the eyes of the hybrids, the power of their Lord was realized: one of the sharpened longswords slowly morphed into a series of six steel nails that fit snugly over Ethan's raven claws.

Item acquired: Steel Claws

DMG (Base): 15 (+2 STR)

And I ain't stopping there.

His glowing beak poked at the iron chainmail hauberk and began to twist and contort the armor into a shape that affixed itself cleanly to his bird-breast, and after five seconds he was strutting around Borlor's shop with a chainmail breastplate that covered his feathered torso.

Item acquired: Birdplate (Steel)

Armor: 10

Enemy DMG must exceed this number to damage the wearer.

Looks like the little guys out there won't be bothering us anymore, Sys! Now, we're really evolving!

Whatever…

"By…by the Horns of Karfangg…" Borlor murmured. "The powers of the Darkseed are beyond even what we thought…"

"Indeed…" Klax said, sharing the Dixit's awe. "One must wonder what else good Ethan has up his…feathered sleeves."

"Hah! That's the way!" Tara shouted above them all. "Take everything and use it ta make yourself stronger. Leave nothin' for the enemy to use!"

Fauna the Hopla stared unblinkingly at the new creature strutting before her.

"What?" Ethan asked them all. "Never seen a bird so…fly before?"

…I want nothing more than death.

This System…is shutting down…

A few more stops around Sanctum and Ethan was dizzy with praise. Not that he was complaining, but so many people bowing or shaking his claws or complementing his plume was new…really new.

"So, Ethan," Tara asked him. "Have you decided on your first Delve yet?"

Ethan had been considering it, but if he was being honest each one of them seemed similar to the last.

Delve 1: The Festering Den

Delve 2: The Twilight Sepulcher

Delve 3: The City of Illusions

"Think carefully upon it," Klax said. "These Delves are made to challenge even the most stalwart of warriors. We only know their locations, not the evils at their hearts."

"You don't know what I'll be facing?" Ethan asked.

"The magic of the Delves are…special," Fauna explained. "The mind of the party members who enter often warp the environments inside in strange ways."

"So it's a kind of Silent Hill type deal?" Ethan said aloud, even though this provoked nothing but confusion from his companions. "In that case, maybe we'll get lucky and I'll actually get the skills I want if I just think about them hard enough."

He considered the Delves again as they stopped in the middle of the Sanctum square.

"The Festering Den," he said. "Sounds like the place where I can find some damage over time effects. Poison, maybe. That's one thing I could use for sure."

"Oh yeah," Tara said with an approving nod. "A nice slow death is the way to go, right?"

Ethan nodded. "Besides, with my speed I should be able to give enemies a little caustic nibble and then fly away, watching 'em get weaker and weaker until…BAM! Dive bomb strike."

Tara's smile with infectious.

I think you may have found someone just as sociopathic as you.

How nice.

"If we're going for poison," the Minxit said with a lick of her lips. "Then there's just one more person we gotta meet before we go."

"Oh, Tara…" Fauna groaned. "D-do we have to? He's such a…an odd person."

Tara's eyes flashed to Klax, who heaved a heavy shrug.

"We'll have to face much worse if we're going to be aiding the Darkseed on his quest for power," he explained. "Come, Fauna, let's swallow our pride."

"Besides," Ethan winked at the shy Hopla. "After this, I'll get you a shiny new staff. I cannot wait to see what kinda explosions you can make. And that chicken thing? Hella good way to take the piss outta that old man back in the forest."

Fauna's blushing face hid a slight smile as the team then followed Tara.

I'm a bit confused what makes them not suitable hosts?

Been messing around with Demon Hat covers for when I get the story ready for daily uploads. What do you guys think of these cover designs?

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f346e5969637179712d3843716e413d3d2d313336383637303838322e313766333463656364656666613934623938383930353931353735372e706e67

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f7262444a492d4379544a495855413d3d2d313336383637303838322e313766333463656563663566353638303739333730373831353532332e706e67
First one has a better "read". Second one is more dramatic and exciting, but it's hard to distinguish between the edges of the hat and the background, especially around the brim on the right.

I suggest you either make the orange glow around that side of the brim darker, or make the brim itself darker. Or you could make one lighter. As long as there's a stronger contrast.

Chapter 15: [Gather] your Party New
Tara's 'friend' turned out to be a rather skeevy looking ratman manning a cornerstore at the most shadowed edge of the Sanctum.

The store stunk of mushrooms and incense and…probably other fluids. Everywhere Ethan looked there was some species of toxic looking plant or fungi – some of them suspended in cages, snapping away at flies that lined the floor of their prisons.

Ethan decided on a quick Arcane Lore check:

Verminous Fungi (LVL 5)

HP: 20/20

Hm, he couldn't help but think. I wonder…can I possess plants?

Amidst Fauna and Klax's general discomfort, Tara shook the fly-ridden paw of the bug-eyed ratman behind the shop counter with glee.

"Frax!" she shouted. "My main man! How the hell are ya?"

The ratman twitched as he responded. Ethan was immediately put in mind of a drug-addled hobo. But…all things considered, this wasn't the ugliest thing he'd seen in this world.

"Fraxx distill new venom last night, yes-yes. Fraxx receive vision of newblood arrival. Not knowing it would be Darkseed himself."

The ratman nodded his twitching nose at Ethan.

"Welcome-welcome, My Lord."

"Eh, thanks dude."

"You know why we're here, big guy," Tara winked. "We require your special services. See, we're gonna tackle the Festering Den Delve, and I'm thinking some of your concoctions could prove to help us stay in the business of living, dig?"

She's talking like some kinda pulp gangster doing a dodgy deal, Ethan thought. And with a cursory glance at Klax, the wolfman simply shrugged.

"Tara is more than acquainted with the more…unsavory elements of our fine home."

"So?" the Minxit broke in, picking her ear absent-mindedly as the ratman busied himself under his deak. "Yagotta use what ya can to get the upper hand. Don'tcha think, Ethan?"

"She has a point," Ethan admitted. "But I'd rather not fuck up my head in the process."

"No need to worry," Tara replied. "Fraxx's stuff is legit. Well…as legit as you can get down here. See, the shrooms that grow down here are leftover from the last Darkseed, Lady Gyko."

"The Lady was most kind-kind to all who wander in filth," Kraxx muttered as he bundled vials together for the party. "Her toxins and diseases she spread through the land were just as beautiful as she was…."

I'm getting some real Simp vibes from this one, Ethan thought. Then again, he seems happy enough. If a little crazy.

Fraxx jumped up and threw a selection of vials on the shop counter then – a kaleidoscope of viscous blues, purples, oranges and reds. Ethan's Arcane Lore did the job that Tara was about to.

Items Identified:

1.[Vial of Malphus]

{Grade E}

Effect: HP Restoration + 10 pts (Instant)

X5

2.[Philter of Moratavious]

{Grade E}

Effect: MANA Restoration + 10 pts (Instant)

X5

3.{All-purpose Antidote}

{Grade E}

Effect: Cures status effects {POIS}, {PAR}

X3

"Please to be take-taking them, good Tara and friends," Fraxx hissed. "Fraxx will do what he can to grow more to help the Darkseed. But should he come across better herbs and materials for Fraxx, he should come back and deliver them so that Fraxx might brew more powerful balms."

"Got it," Ethan said with a nod. Tara distributed the potions among them, making sure Fauna got the sapphire colored Mana potions – even though she looked on them with distaste.

Ethan found himself surprised. If anything, he'd expected the catgirl to be the one who had particular disdain for the rat…

"See ya, Fraxxy!" she whistled jovially as she hurried out with her spoils.

"Good luck, Tara and friends," the ratman replied. "May the Everdark conceal you, and keep you."

Stocked up, properly equipped, and rearing to go, Ethan then followed the rest of the party to the 'Portal Chambers' of Sanctum – where three sparkling gates of energy buzzed in a small oval room that looked as though it had stood for millennia.

"Let me guess," Ethan said aloud. "These were used by the last Darkseeds?"

"Yup," Tara replied. "Each one of these puppies trained the big bosses before you, and made them into what they were.

Ethan stared into the portals, recalling the great, imposing beasts that had gone before him.

Sys, he asked. Are…were you their System, too?

I suppose such information is no longer [Classified].

This System has served each Darkseed until the time of their expiry.

This current designation is to be its concluding duty.

Five hundred years, then, Ethan whistled. That…yeah, that makes sense.

Beg pardon?

If I'd had to put up with being grafted onto a Demon's brain for that long, I'd probably be a snarky son-of-a-bitch, too.

How lovely. Empathy from you.

Means nothing in the long term, of course.

Ethan's narrowed his eyes as he heard this, looking through the portal gate that Klax was ushering him towards.

"The way to your first Delve, Ethan."

The first step on the road to power…

He looked behind him then at the veritable fan-club that had been following him at a safe distance since first he'd arrived in this place and assumed the title of Darkseed by sitting his feathered ass snugly on the throne.

"Hey, can't a few of these groupies come with us? More of us together would mean more meat shie-I mean-more hands to tackle the dungeon with."

"Another rule of the Delves is bound by ancient magic," Fauna whispered, as though her old Gods themselves were listening in. "Only a party of four can enter at once."

"That must cause issues for adventures looking to group up. What, do you guys end up queuing outside?"

"Most adventurers don't last long in a real dungeon," Tara grimaced. "That's what happens when one group exists literally to clear the world of monsters – the people end up getting lazy, thinking the Greycloaks will clean up the world for them. Well, no more. Not after today."

The fire in those kitty-eyes was only slightly disconcerting. If Ethan was being honest, he could probably guess at why all that hatred existed in her. He might not have seen much of the human world, but those he had seen had done nothing but try to slay him. There was a literal bounty on his head.

But he saw that Klax was more morose. More somber. He walked, head bowed, towards the portal as if he was just following a duty that he had to do. And Fauna – well – she was an enigma. Her shyness was just as strange as the unwieldy powers she held in her hands…

"If you would rather select a different team, of course," Klax said with a genuine smile. "Then now is your chance. We won't force you to take us as your guardians."

"H-hey!" Tara spurted. "Speak for yourself, wolfy!"

"I – I would like to delve with Ethan," Fauna stuttered. "But…only if he wants to."

The single eye of the demon hat cast itself over them.

They're an odd bunch, sure. But so what? I was an odd guy in life. And I ain't getting any less weird in this world.

"I bet you all know what my answer to that question is, don'tcha?" he chuckled. "So why don't we quit the chatter and get to the fighting!"

The hybrids grinned with him. And then as one they entered the first portal, their forms dissolving into shards of pure energy as they traveled through a network so ancient that it had existed in the bowels of Argwyll since far before any of them had ever drawn breath in this land. Ethan watched the world of the Sanctum disappear, and slowly a new reality burst into life before his eyes. He stood on the surface world again, his claws sodden and sticky with the swamp water that surrounded him and his new companions.

Looking around, he smelled putrid air, and saw only viscous, bubbling tar and mud. No trees overhead – nothing but noxious clouds and thick air caked with decay and grime.

"This is the Delve?" he asked.

He was answered by a resounding Ding! from Sys, and an alert that was as obnoxious as it was chilling:

DELVE {Grade F} BEGUN!

THE FESTERING DEN

Enemies incoming!

"Welcoming committee's here already," Tara grinned, readying her shortblades and wiggling her tail. "Ready. Mr hat?"

"As I'll ever be," Ethan smiled back, watching as several bubbles appeared in the pools of swamp water around them.

"Here they come!"

The shout was Fauna's, who was already muttering an enchantment that made her fluffy paws grow lambent red – a wizard ready to send a fireball flying into her enemy's face, no matter how timid she looked.

"It'll be Grums," Klax told them as he cracked his neck and got into a fighting stance. "Watch eachothers' backs and remember: protect Ethan at all costs. Just because the dungeon's level 1 doesn't mean it'll be a cakewalk."

"Right!"

As an army of ugly, foul-smelling beasts then reared their emaciated heads from the water, Ethan couldn't help but feel more pride than fear.

A raid with a bunch of crazies, he thought as the little beasts surged forward as one. Just like old times…

Last edited:
Rats are not strong willed. They have nothing but base, primal desires.
This line annoyed me a lot for some reason. Rats are intelligent and decently strong willed espescially domesticated. I'll let this passed and just assume the rat he possesses was an old codger or something.
On a more serious note, looking good so far

Chapter 16: A [Swampy] Skirmish New
Enemy Appraised: Grumlets {LVL 10} x15

HP: 50/50

WILL: 50/50

I've seen butt-ugly before…but these guys take the cake.

The tiny, foul-smelling goblinoids rushed Ethan's party with their spears and shortswords held aloft, screaming a battlecry from their frog-like mouths. As they got closer, Ethan was surprised just how accurate the comparison really was: their bulging, bloated eyeballs were an exact picture of a horny toad's.

"Here they come!"

Tara reeled back, purring just like a kitten ready to play with her prey.

"This'll be fun…"

Without warning the Minxit charged forward and slashed through two of the swamp and slime covered Grumlets, taking their heads clean off in one blink of Ethan's raven eyes. For his part, Ethan grabbed one with his new steel claws and took to the blackened skies above, throwing the little guy down like a bowling ball into a mass of his friends who were charging Fauna.

"Death from above just like before, Fauna!" Tara shouted over her shoulder – her face glistening with the green blood of the dead beasts. "How's it feel having a guardian angel, Faun?"

The Hopla spared a look of resigned thanks up to Ethan and, blushing, cast a firebolt that ripped clean through a row of three Grumlets who had just risen to resume their charge towards her.

Not bad at all, Ethan had to admit. When she gets a spell right, she's one impressive rabbit…

He swooped down to deliver a [Dive] that tore into the flesh of another corrupted Grum, sending out a shockwave of swampwater that poured over its friends – who were then taken down one by one by a flurry of hasty punches and jabs delivered by Klax.

Congratulations! You have just slain a Grumlet {LVL 10}

Spirit Cores + 20

Congratulations! You have just slain a Grumlet! {LVL 10]}

Spirit Cores + 20

Congratulations! You have just slain a-

Can you can it with the notifications!? Ethan barked as he snapped and clawed at more of the froggy menaces around him. Just…give me a total when this shit's good and done!

System Combat Log Preferences: Updated.

Next time, a 'please' would be nice.

"Forward!" the Klax suddenly shouted. "There must be a way down to the next floor!"

"Floor?" Ethan asked aloud as he pecked the eyes out of a screaming Grumlet warrior. "You mean this is part of the dungeon itself?"

"Just take a look at the skies, Darkseed!" Tara shouted. "Can't your eyes see through an illusion?"

Ethan took flight again to try and understand what she meant. He found that he could only get about 80ft up in the air before he hit a wall. Literally. There was some kind of boundary wrapped round this whole dark, swampy environment.

*So, these Delves really are like raid instances…*Ethan thought.

Somehow, your earthling mind is able to comprehend these nuances of our world surprisingly well.

It's almost as if I was chosen or something. Huh?

That information is considered [REDACT-

I get it, he interrupted as he activated his [Hide] skill and came swooping in from the dark, infected clouds above the Grumlet horde. He sent a whole pack of them flying back like ugly little children.

Then he felt something stirring beneath his feet.

"Uh…guys?" Fauna murmured from behind him. "I think we got some company-ah!"

The Hopla had spotted the danger before the rest of them – her feet could detect gyrations in the earth far better than any of them. And before she could even tell them they had to run like hell right now, Ethan had already scooped her and the rest of the team up in his claws.

The swampland was disappearing into a whirlpool of dirt and grime before their eyes, the Grumlets who were still alive beginning to toss their javelins up at Ethan as he brought the hybrids out of the danger zone.

He felt the stings of their weapons as he tried to hold the weight of the three hybrids, realizing only now how much of a detriment the relatively low strength score of this Dark Raven host was.

STR: 10

Apparently, his comrades didn't quite feel him begin to lower as the seconds of the battle drew on.

"Haha!' Tara shouted from round his neck, her thighs slapping against his face while the stem of his hat-form settled…in another place.

"Feel the wind in your hair, guys! The SS Darkseed takes flight tonight!"

I'm feeling something in my hair right now…let me tell you…

"Tara! Can you see the exit portal?"

The voice was Klax's, who was doing what he could to block the projectiles of the ugly goblinoids who hadn't vanished into the whirlpool of filth that the swamp had become. Many of their comrades had rode the wave and fallen into the abyss at its center, while the rest swam happily around the periphery, chucking their javelins into the air with wild abandon.

"Take me in closer!" the Minxit shouted in Ethan's ear. "I can find us the way below."

"C…can you move away ever so slightly?" he replied. "Even for a sentient hat possessing a giant bird, this position is ever so slightly uncomfortable."

The Minxit girl sneered down at him. "Oh? Is the Darkseed nervous?"

"Stop playing around, Tara!" Fauna pouted up at her. "We – we're in the middle of a fight."

She then conjured up a spell that Ethan supposed was meant to be some kind of bubble shield, but ended up summoning a living, breathing liquid serpent that wriggled out of her hands and down into the swirling swamp below.

"Guys…your Darkseed is starting to lose momentum…"

Ethan felt more projectiles sting his hide and wished nothing more than to dive bomb the hell outta the little shits right now. But he kept his cool. In this new life, he wasn't just gonna charge into danger blindly. He wasn't gonna make the same mistakes he made back home…

"There!" Tara shouted suddenly, pointing towards a spire in the distance that had been revealed as the swamp continued to drain. "There's a doorway there that we can head through – the part covered in reeds!"

Ethan's eyes focused on the location and found the door – the place that was suddenly all so clear to him.

"How did you do that?"

"Cat's eyes, my good Ethan," Tara chuckled. "This girl's not just good for slitting throats and looking good doing it. My species happen to be the best illusion spotters and trap detectors in all of Argwyll."

Ethan smirked as he turned in the sky and headed straight for the crumbling spire.

Looks like I've picked the right allies for dungeon-delving…

He tried activating [Hide] and found that the skill just wouldn't work – probably something to do with him being fatigued. He could make it, though, but the Grumlets swimming beneath them seemed to know exactly where he was going.

"Look!" Fauna screeched. "They're trying to break the spire down!"

All of them saw it as soon as the Hopla pointed it out – the horde of uglies had descended on the foundations of the spire and were climbing up it before them. The whole thing looked ancient beyond imagining – it was already pretty much crumbling apart. Their webbed claws were starting to entirely break the thing down.

"Guess they don't want us going below…"

He could make it to the spire if he had a straight shot – Ethan knew it. But right now…that was one hot LZ.

"Keep flying, Ethan!" Klax shouted up.

"That was the idea! But we're gonna need some major firepower to clear those froggy bois!"

Klax smiled as he kicked away another javelin aimed squarely at Ethan's steel underbelly. Only a few had managed to penetrate and puncture the armor so far. But it was enough to interrupt his descent. Ethan couldn't tell exactly why the old wolf was smiling.

"Fauna," he then heard the Lycae say. "You know what to do."

The rabbitgirl clutched Ethan's steel claw even tighter as they approached the spire, watching the hateful eyes of the Grumlet horde take up firing positions on its ridges and ledges.

"I…you know it might not work."

"That's a chance we've gotta take."

"Just like usual!" Tara shouted down. "Go on, Sis! Take those little bastards down!"

The Hopla squirmed, hoping against all hopes that Ethan could finish off the brutish toad-creatures instead of her. She looked up at him with fading hope in her big eyes.

You don't believe in yourself at all, do you? Ethan's eyes asked her.

He'd seen eyes like hers before. Eyes that never failed to piss him off every time…

"Fauna!" he shouted down, narrowly avoiding a hail of javelins launched from the horde. "Don't you remember? I promised you I'd get you a new staff. A staff for a real mage! That's what you are, right?"

The Hopla grimaced. "N…not a mage. A Wildglance."

"Like I know what the fuck that is!" Ethan replied as he felt the pain of another flurry of projectiles. "What I do know is that you've got more power in those fluffy hands than I've ever seen in my whole damn life! I don't care what you do – just do something super special magic awesome!"

He couldn't tell whether it was his words or simply the necessity of destroying the enemies blocking their path that spurned the girl on. All he knew was that in the next second he felt the Hopla girl's body go limp, before she raised her arm and muttered an incantation that set the air itself ablaze.

"P-PYROS ARMUNUM!"

Searing, blistering heat rocketed up from the hand of the rabbitgirl, until the power contained within her spirit could no longer be contained. It gushed forth from her palm like a blooming red flower of death, instantly vaporizing the entire horde and the spire's midsection along with it.

Ethan watched in awe as the spell reduced the screaming Grumlets to piles of brown ash.

I have really gotta possess me a Wildglance…

"Now, Ethan!" Klax roared.

The demon hat didn't even need to hear this – already his Host was rocketing through the flames towards the purple portal that had just opened at the tip of the spire, and as soon as he touched its surface, the world twisted and folded in on itself, and the screaming party of hybrids was thrust into the unknown horrors of the Festering Den's second floor.

Reactions: Jao

Users who are viewing this thread

Back