• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Resurgence of the Light [Warcraft]

Chapter 34
It was obvious when the Lich King's most powerful servants fell; not only did their malicious auras vanish, but the teleportation pad that would transport them to the top of Icecrown Spire, to the Frozen Throne itself, lit up.

The path to the Lich King was open, and impatience surged within the Light's Chosen. He almost took a step forward when a twinkling voice spoke in his ear, stilling his movement and dispersing his sudden impatience. "Will you deny them the chance to face their enemy?"

He still had time. Those who had come this far had earned the right to face the fallen prince and gain closure, whether for their vengeance or their regret. It would not do to rob them of the very reason they had come here.

Sylvanas had trusted him, accepted the hand he offered, and sworn herself and her people to his cause. She allowed the Light's embrace to hold her once more, even if she embodied its vengeance most of all. She would not know peace until her vengeance was fulfilled. The satisfaction she would gain from it might be fleeting, but allowing such an unresolved desire to remain would only hinder her.

Uther had come to him due to his own regret and desire for justice, not just for himself but for all those who had suffered due to his failure to stop his once apprentice. To him, this was a chance to earn some measure of redemption.

Jaina's purpose here was simple yet no less heavy. She sought to put to rest the man she had once, and perhaps still, loved. No doubt she also harbored regrets due to her choice at the gates of Stratholme. No doubt she had agonized over that decision, wondering if a different choice might have altered the threads of fate.

Darion sought vengeance for his father as much as he sought to live up to the heavy mantle he had been burdened with. For a moment, the Light's Chosen wondered if he had thrust too much upon Darion's shoulders.

No, he had all it took to live up to the charge entrusted to him. He must, if this world is to survive.

Liadrin, his greatest hope, carried the heaviest of burdens. She and her order were both the vanguard and the shield of this world. Should she falter…

"She won't. I will remain to guide her," the voice assured him, surprising him. He had not expected such words.

"You have given much. The least I can do is ensure that it does not go to waste," the voice continued, a sad levity reflected in its tone.

"I do not regret the choices I have made," the Light's Chosen spoke resolutely as he beheld the others returning.

Sylvanas and Uther walked side by side, their expressions grim but determined. Jaina's face was a mask of resolve, though her eyes betrayed the turmoil within. Darion's grip on the Ashbringer was tight, his gaze fixed on the path ahead. Liadrin, glowing with the Light's power, led her paladins with a steady, unwavering presence.

They gathered around the now-activated teleportation pad. The Light's Chosen looked at each of them, their faces etched with the trials they had faced and the ones yet to come.

"This is it," he said, his voice carrying the weight of their shared purpose. "The final step. The Lich King awaits us."

Sylvanas nodded, her eyes blazing with a cold fire. "For all the lives he's ruined, for all the suffering he's caused, we will end him."

Uther's face was a mask of stern determination. "Justice will be served."

Jaina took a deep breath, her voice steady. "We do this together. For everyone who has fallen."

Darion's grip on the Ashbringer tightened. "For my father, for our future."

Liadrin's voice was calm, yet powerful. "The Light will guide us. We will not falter."

The Light's Chosen smiled, a rare expression of warmth amidst the cold of Icecrown. "Then let us go. For Azeroth."

As one, they stepped onto the teleportation pad, their forms dissolving into light as they were transported to the pinnacle of Icecrown Citadel. The air grew colder, and the oppressive presence of the Lich King could be felt even before they saw him.

The Frozen Throne loomed before them, and upon it sat the Lich King, Arthas Menethil, his icy gaze fixed upon them. The final battle awaited, the fate of Azeroth hanging in the balance.

~~~~

The frigid air of the Frozen Throne enveloped them as they materialized at the pinnacle of Icecrown Citadel. The vast, icy expanse stretched out around them, and the oppressive presence of the Lich King grew palpable. Sitting upon his throne, Arthas Menethil, the Lich King, regarded them with a cold, calculating gaze.

As they stepped forward, the Lich King rose from his throne, Frostmourne clutched in his hand, its dark power radiating around him. His voice, deep and mocking, echoed through the icy chamber.

"So, the champions of the Light have come to face me," Arthas began, his tone dripping with scorn. "How touching."

He turned his gaze to Uther, his once mentor, now his enemy. "Uther the Lightbringer," Arthas sneered. "You failed to stop me once before. You could not stop me then, and you will not stop me now. Your righteousness is as hollow as your grave."

Uther's face hardened, his grip on his mace tightening. "Your soul is lost, Arthas. I will see justice done for the countless lives you've destroyed."

Arthas merely chuckled, then turned his attention to Sylvanas. "Sylvanas Windrunner," he said, his voice a mockery of sympathy. "The Banshee Queen, now cloaked in the Light you once spurned. Do you truly believe that vengeance will bring you peace? You are a puppet, even now, but this time, your strings are pulled by the Light."

Sylvanas's eyes blazed with fury. "I will see you broken, Arthas. You will pay for every atrocity you've committed, every soul you've twisted."

Arthas's gaze shifted to Jaina, and a cruel smile spread across his face. "Jaina Proudmoore. Ever the sentimental fool. You could have stood with me, could have ruled beside me. But instead, you chose to turn away. Do you still dream of what might have been? Do you still love the man I once was?"

Jaina's eyes were filled with a mixture of sorrow and determination. "The man I loved is gone, Arthas. Only the monster remains, and that monster must be stopped."

Next, Arthas's gaze fell upon Darion Mograine, the wielder of the Ashbringer. "Darion, son of Alexandros. You wield the blade that once brought terror to the Scourge. Yet, you are but a shadow of your father. Do you think your borrowed power will save you? You are as doomed as the rest."

Darion's expression was grim, his resolve unshaken. "I am my father's legacy, Arthas. The Ashbringer's light will cleanse this world of your darkness."

Finally, Arthas looked at Liadrin, the Matriarch of the Sentinels of Light. "Liadrin. Your people were left to wither and die, abandoned by the Light you now so fervently serve. Do you truly believe it will save you now? You are nothing but a pawn in a game far beyond your understanding."

Liadrin's voice was calm, her faith unwavering. "The Light did not abandon us. It is a beacon that guides us through the darkest times. And it will guide us now, to end your reign of terror."

Finally, Arthas turned his attention to the Light's Chosen, who stood silently observing his foe. "To think all of them follow you so eagerly. I wonder, would they do the same if they knew the truth?" A hollow chuckle escaped Arthas. "That you are naught but—"

Whatever Arthas was about to say would never be known, for he was bathed in a beam of Light that pierced both the heavens and the spatial manipulation enveloping this place, drawing agonized screams from his mouth as the Light burned his undead flesh.

"Be silent, mongrel. Your voice grates on my ears," the Light's Chosen sneered with more anger than any of them had heard before. Light surged from him as his emotions were at last unleashed—anger, pain, satisfaction, eagerness.

The battle began with a thunderous clash, the Light's Chosen charging forward, his blade of Light striking against Frostmourne. The sheer force of the impact sent shockwaves across the place. The others followed suit, each attacking from their position.

Uther swung his mace with righteous fury, striking Arthas's side. Jaina conjured torrents of arcane energy, blasting the Lich King with frost and fire. Darion, wielding the Ashbringer, engaged in a deadly dance, his strikes filled with the power of the Light. Liadrin's sword blazed as she channeled her faith into every swing, while Alexstrasza, in her dragon form, unleashed torrents of flame, adding to the onslaught.

Despite their combined might, Arthas proved to be a formidable foe. He parried their attacks with ease, his dark magic countering their Light. His laughter echoed through the chamber, mocking their efforts.

"You are all fools! You cannot stop me!"

With a sweep of Frostmourne, he unleashed a wave of necrotic energy, sending several nameless heroes flying, their bodies crashing into the icy walls. Arthas then raised his blade, and the fallen warriors began to stir, their eyes glowing with the Lich King's dark power. They rose as mindless undead, turning against their former comrades.

The battle became even more chaotic. Uther and Darion struggled to fend off the reanimated dead, their attacks now divided. Jaina conjured barriers of ice to protect the group, but it was a desperate fight. Liadrin rallied the remaining forces, her voice cutting through the chaos, urging them to stand firm.

Alexstrasza roared, her flames incinerating the undead, but even she could not destroy them all. The Lich King, seeing his advantage, pressed the attack, his strikes growing more brutal and relentless.

The Light's Chosen stood in the center, a beacon of hope amidst the darkness. He parried Frostmourne with his blade of Light, their clash sending sparks into the air. "You will fall today, Arthas. Your reign of terror ends here."

Arthas's eyes burned with unholy fire. "You are naive, child. I am eternal. I am death incarnate!"

The Light's Chosen and Arthas clashed again, their weapons colliding in a brilliant explosion of light and dark. The others fought valiantly around them, struggling against both the Lich King and the reanimated dead.

Uther and Darion fought side by side, their bond as warriors of the Light unbreakable. Uther's mace crushed the skulls of the undead, while Darion's Ashbringer cleaved through them, leaving trails of purifying light in its wake.

Jaina, standing slightly apart, summoned a storm of ice and fire. Her spells danced around her allies, striking at Arthas and the undead with pinpoint accuracy. Each blast of arcane power was a testament to her determination to end this nightmare once and for all.

Liadrin's blade shimmered with holy power, every strike a prayer, every swing a testament to her faith. She rallied the remaining heroes, her voice a clarion call amidst the chaos. "Hold fast! For the Light! For Azeroth!"

Alexstrasza, in her majestic dragon form, unleashed torrents of flame, reducing the undead to ash. Her roars echoed through the chamber, a symbol of hope and strength. But even she found it difficult to counter the relentless tide of darkness.

Arthas, sensing the tide turning against him, unleashed his full power. Frostmourne blazed with dark energy as he summoned more undead to his side. He raised his blade, chanting an incantation that filled the chamber with an oppressive aura.

"You think you can defeat me? I am the Lich King! I am death!"

A pulse of dark magic erupted from Frostmourne, knocking everyone back. The newly risen undead surged forward, attacking with renewed ferocity. The heroes struggled to hold their ground, their strength waning.

The Light's Chosen, undeterred, pushed forward. He raised his blade, channeling the Light's power into a radiant beam that pierced the darkness. It struck Arthas, forcing him back, but the Lich King quickly retaliated, slashing with Frostmourne and summoning more dark magic.

Arthas's voice rang out, filled with malice. "You will join them in death, fool. You will know the true meaning of despair!"

With a wave of his hand, Arthas summoned a massive wave of necrotic energy, aimed at obliterating the heroes. The Light's Chosen, standing firm, raised his hand and channeled all his power into a protective barrier of Light. The dark energy crashed against it, but the barrier held, glowing with the power of the Light.

"Your reign ends here, Arthas!" the Light's Chosen declared, his voice filled with determination.

Arthas snarled, his eyes burning with unholy fire. "You are nothing, child! Nothing but a pawn in a game you cannot comprehend!"

With a final, desperate sweep of Frostmourne, Arthas unleashed a wave of dark energy, intending to finish them all. The air grew cold, and a sense of dread filled the room as the power of Frostmourne surged, threatening to consume everything.

In that moment, the Light's Chosen summoned every ounce of his strength and faith. A beam of pure Light erupted from him, countering the dark energy and enveloping Arthas in a blinding radiance. The Lich King screamed in agony as the Light burned through him, breaking his connection to Frostmourne.

The others seized the opportunity. Uther and Darion struck simultaneously, their weapons cutting deep. Jaina unleashed a torrent of arcane might, while Liadrin's blade found its mark, piercing Arthas's heart. Alexstrasza's fire enveloped him, burning away the last of his resistance.

Arthas staggered, his grip on Frostmourne loosening. "No… this cannot be… I am the Lich King…"

With a wave of the Light's Chosen's hand, chains of pure Light bound Arthas's mangled form. Power surged from him, piercing the heavens and burning away the remaining undead. Both he and Arthas began to float into the air as the Light's Chosen's voice boomed across space and time itself.

"I SUMMON THEE." A shockwave rippled across the very sky, dispersing the clouds that had long darkened the skies of Icecrown. Instead of a blue sky, they were greeted by stars swimming in the endless dark sea.

Just as it seemed his words and actions would not amount to anything, forms began to appear—strange beings made up of floating crystals. The Naaru had answered the call and had let their minds travel across space to answer this call.

While those of Azeroth knew not who these beings were, the Draenei did, and their whispers drew the attention of others. They explained who the beings that now surrounded the Light's Chosen and the bound Lich King were.

"Why have you summoned us here?" one of the Naaru spoke, their voice like the echoing of twinkling glass.

"To pass judgment," the Light's Chosen answered strongly, his voice unwavering even before the many Naaru surrounding him.

The Naaru shifted their attention to Arthas, contemplating in silence for a moment.

"Arthas Menethil. You once held such promise; the Light favored you even. You were to be its champion." Sadness echoed in the voice of the one who spoke.

Arthas sneered, his eyes burning with defiance. "Promise? Champion?" his laughter filled the air. "False hopes and lies are all you have. I found true power."

The Naaru's light dimmed slightly, as if in mourning. "You have embraced darkness, Arthas. You have wrought untold suffering upon the world."

"And I'd do it all again!" Arthas spat. "Power is all that matters. Compassion, hope, love—they are weaknesses. I am beyond your judgment."

The Naaru remained silent for a moment, their collective sorrow palpable. Then, the one who had spoken before responded, "If you cannot see the error of your ways, then there is no redemption for you."

The Light's Chosen raised his hand, and the chains binding Arthas tightened, glowing with an intense light. The Naaru began to chant, their voices harmonizing into a resonant, otherworldly melody. The stars above seemed to pulse in time with their song.

"Arthas Menethil, you are judged and found wanting. Your existence has been a blight upon this world. You shall be erased, not even your soul will remain."

Arthas's sneer faltered as the light around him intensified. "No... you can't—" His words were cut off as the light enveloped him completely, his form dissolving into nothingness. The very essence of his being was consumed by the Light, leaving no trace behind.

The Naaru's chant reached a crescendo, and then there was silence. The Light's Chosen descended back to the ground, his expression solemn. The skies above began to clear, revealing a dawn that had not been seen in Icecrown for a long time.

"It is done," the Light's Chosen said softly. "Arthas Menethil and Ner'zhul are is no more."

The heroes looked around, the weight of their victory heavy upon them. They had faced the greatest darkness and emerged victorious. The world was free from Arthas's tyranny, and a new era of hope had begun.

Only the Epilogue left after this chapter. Will post it in a few days and then this story will be done.

Last edited:
Just killing him would be enough, imho

Well just killing someone lacks the proper gravitas.

Of course Arthas lost: No Shadow Traps, no Defile, he even forgot to summon his Val'kyr Shadowguards! Clearly this wasn't the Heroic encounter :V

Little correction needed here

Honestly I didn't want to drag it out too much since reading a too long of a fight scene becomes boring.

Added your little correction.

Chapter 35
"It is done," the last words of the Naaru echoed in the stillness before their forms shimmered away, leaving an ethereal glow in their wake.

For a moment, silence reigned. The Light's Chosen descended, and everyone stood in a state of befuddled awe. Then, the first cheer rang out, piercing the quiet. It was quickly followed by another, and soon, the noise rose to a jubilant crescendo as the heroes began to celebrate their hard-earned victory.

Jaina allowed the chorus of cheers to lift her spirits, but the sadness and ache in her heart remained. She stared at the spot where Arthas had been, her thoughts a whirlwind of memories and regrets.

"Time will heal these wounds," Liadrin's voice broke through Jaina's reverie. The matriarch laid a comforting hand on Jaina's shoulder, her eyes full of understanding and compassion.

Jaina took a deep breath, exhaling heavily as she let Liadrin's words settle. She managed a small smile. "Yes, it will. But some wounds leave scars that never truly fade."

Liadrin gave her a reassuring squeeze. "We bear those scars as reminders of what we've fought for and what we've lost. They make us stronger, even if the pain never fully leaves us."

Jaina placed her hand atop Liadrin's. "And you, Liadrin? How are you holding up?"

For a moment, Liadrin was silent. She looked up at the sky, now clear and blue as the dark clouds dispersed. "I am at peace. A great evil that plagued this world has been laid low. The relief I feel is profound, even if the path here was paved with sorrow."

Jaina nodded, finding solace in Liadrin's strength. "Yes, today we've achieved something monumental. The world can breathe a sigh of relief."

Alexstrasza joined them, her presence radiating calm and warmth. "Indeed," she said, her voice soothing. "The world breathes a collective sigh of relief. On this day, we have struck a decisive blow against the darkness that threatened to consume us all."

Her words resonated deeply, a balm for their weary souls. The feeling of victory hung heavy in the air, mingling with the bittersweet acknowledgment of the battles fought and lives lost. They had triumphed, and while the scars would remain, so too would the strength and unity forged in the crucible of their struggle.

~~~~

Darion raised the Ashbringer and gazed at its radiant glow. "It is done, Father. Arthas is no more. May you find peace at last."

Approaching footsteps drew his attention, and he turned to regard Uther's approaching form. The old paladin looked less weary, as if a great weight had finally lifted from his shoulders. In truth, it had. Uther's greatest mistake had been rectified. It had cost a lot of sorrow and suffering, but he had earned his redemption, and Darion felt glad for him.

In his heart, Darion had never blamed Uther for anything Arthas had done. None could have foreseen the dark and twisted path the once-noble prince would tread, nor the suffering and horror he would leave in his wake.

"It is strange," Darion began once Uther was close enough, earning a raised brow from the older man. "I had at one point lost hope that this day would ever come."

Uther was silent for a moment, ruminating on Darion's words. "I understand that. The day I died, I was filled with regret. To be here now, to face those regrets and overcome them, is more than I could have ever imagined."

Unsaid was that Uther was not alone in his feelings. All those who had answered the call at Light's Hope Chapel that day likely felt the same.

Darion let his mind wander back to the path they had taken to arrive here. If one thing stood out, it was determination. From the first steps, they had not stopped or allowed anything to stop them, moving forward with unwavering resolve.

Still, a new question arose in Darion's mind—what now? Would peace truly reign? Would they return and rebuild Lordaeron, their home?

As he turned to ask Uther, the old paladin patted Darion's shoulder and gave him a sad smile before walking forward to stand next to the Light's Chosen, who had moved towards the edge and was simply gazing at the horizon.

A strange sensation passed through Darion, and a nagging suspicion began to form in his mind, one that gave him great sorrow. He watched Uther and the Light's Chosen, feeling the weight of the moment. The victory they had achieved was monumental, but the path ahead remained uncertain.

The cheers of their comrades and the distant sound of celebration faded into the background as Darion's thoughts turned inward. He knew that even with Arthas defeated, the world would need to heal, and the scars left by the Lich King's reign would take time to mend. Yet, as he stood there, the radiant glow of the Ashbringer in his hand, he felt a renewed sense of purpose. They had faced the darkness and emerged victorious. Now, they would face the future with the same determination and hope.

~~~~

Sylvanas stood with her rangers, her dark shadows looming behind her. She raised her hand and gazed at the light she felt coursing through her before finally allowing it to leave her.

For a moment, the Light seemed confused, even sad, as if reluctant to part from her. "Where I go, you cannot follow," Sylvanas whispered quietly. In truth, she did not want to leave the embrace of the Light. It had allowed her to experience life again, and the empty feeling of undeath she would feel once more frightened her.

Yet the weight in her other hand steeled her resolve. She had chosen her path; there was still much for her to do, and she would see it done.

The Light lingered for a moment, expressing its sorrow at her decision before slowly withdrawing. Yet a promise remained: should she ever call upon it again, it would answer.

As the Light left her and her rangers, a chill settled upon her once more, the grasping hands of death tugging at her. But she broke its hold with contemptuous ease.

Her eyes flickered towards the Light's Chosen, and for a moment, she felt sorrow in her dead and empty heart.

~~~~

It did not take long for the celebrating champions to notice something amiss. Many of their comrades began to glow and even grow transparent. While this phenomenon alarmed some, those experiencing it seemed calm and serene. Instead of panic, they wore contented smiles as they disappeared into motes of Light.

Among them was Uther, whose form had also begun to grow see-through. He released a rueful chuckle. "I suppose it is time." He turned towards the confused faces and smiled reassuringly.

"Be at ease, this is how it was always going to be. Our task here is finished, the life that was given to us has run its course. To be here, to take part in all of this, and to see this beautiful world once more—it is more than I could have ever hoped for.

"So feel no sorrow, instead celebrate this day! Treasure the bonds forged here, for they will help you through the darkest of days!" His voice boomed as he addressed those before him, imparting his final words of wisdom.

Then he turned towards the still and silent Light's Chosen. "I thank you for this chance, lad." Uther's voice was filled with gratitude and peace. The Light's Chosen nodded, a deep respect and sadness in his eyes.

With that, Uther disappeared, his form dissolving into radiant motes of Light that drifted upwards and faded into the ether. The silence that followed was filled with a mix of reverence and melancholy.

The remaining champions watched in awe and silence as more of their fallen comrades departed in the same way. This final act of ascension was a reminder of the profound sacrifices made and the eternal peace now granted to those who had given their all.

Sylvanas, observing the scene, felt a pang of sorrow mixed with understanding. She knew her path diverged from the Light's, but the respect and camaraderie shared in this moment would stay with her.

Jaina, Darion, and Liadrin felt the weight of the moment as well, each drawing their own strength and resolve from the words of their departed comrades. Alexstrasza, watched with a solemn grace, acknowledging the sacrifice and the victory they had achieved.

~~~~

Liadrin felt a surge of confusion as she witnessed Uther and many others disappearing, but she had no time to ponder as the Light urged her forward. She didn't understand at first, but then she saw him—Light's Chosen's armor was crumbling, and he was about to fall. With a burst of speed, she rushed forward and caught him before he hit the ground. She had braced herself to catch a large man, so imagine her surprise when a boy, nay, a teen fell into her arms. Her eyes grew wide as she beheld his face for the first time and saw his youth.

Her wide eyes silently observed his serene face as he gave her a tired smile. A sound of twinkling crystals drew her attention away to see that the armor the Light's Chosen had been wearing was transforming until a Naaru floated before her, not merely an illusion but truly there.

Her eyes shot from the teen in her arms to the floating Naaru, and many things began to click in her mind.

A raspy voice drew her gaze back to the boy. Where before his face was serene, now she saw fear in his eyes. "Please… don't put me in the dark. I wish to remain in the Light, please."

A chill gripped Liadrin's heart at his words, and Light engulfed her hand instantly as she attempted to heal him. Yet no matter how hard she tried, his life kept fading more and more.

Her head shot up towards the floating Naaru. "Help him!" she pleaded desperately. For a moment, the Naaru floated there silently, and she was about to scream at it again.

Then its serene voice spoke. "I cannot. The candle of his life has been spent." Its callous words struck Liadrin like weapon blows, yet she would not surrender so easily. Once more, she called upon the Light and sought to preserve him. The more she failed, the more she cursed and raged at the Light for allowing this to transpire.

A hand laid upon Liadrin's, and her tear-filled eyes locked with the boy's. "Don't worry. I accepted this long ago. I leave the rest… to… you." And with that, he died. All Liadrin could do was pull his body closer to her chest and weep in sorrow.

The only sounds that could be heard were Liadrin's sobs, the chill wind, and the twinkling of the Naaru's crystals as the man they all chose to follow passed.

Footsteps approached Liadrin, and as she looked up, she beheld Sylvanas's undead gaze once more. The lack of Light she felt from the woman took her aback for a moment.

"Do not squander it," Sylvanas's emotionless voice rang out, confusing many. "Life is for the living, and you have been given a chance to chart your own path. Do not squander the sacrifice he has made for you." Her words held a dark promise, foretelling the fate that would await them should they fail.

After that, Sylvanas's form became a shadow, and she and her rangers departed, leaving Liadrin to mourn and the others to reflect on the heavy burden now placed upon them.

~~~~

Sally cursed her swollen ankles once more as she trudged along the path. No matter how often she healed them, they would swell up again like clockwork.

"I told you to rest," a bemused voice spoke from beside her. She shot a glare at Darion, walking beside her, and let out a haughty huff before stubbornly pressing on.

Their destination was a statue erected on the Isle of Quel'Danas, a statue of the Light's Chosen.

The days following the battle of Icecrown were tumultuous. Many had witnessed the disappearance of the risen heroes, but their departure was easily explained. The Light had granted them an opportunity, and they had taken it. Now that their task was done, they returned to their rest once more.

While not the entire truth, it was close enough, and belief in the Light only grew stronger.

The sudden death of all undead—Scourge and Forsaken alike—was harder to explain. Not even those who stood atop Icecrown understood the real reason.

Jaina had glimpsed the Helm of Domination in Sylvanas's hand before her departure. Speculation arose that she had used it to kill all the undead. It would fit with her words: life is for the living.

It seemed the last act of Sylvanas Windrunner was to save them from the headache of dealing with hordes of undead. Any attempts to locate the once Ranger-General met with failure. Wherever she had gone, it seemed she did not desire to be found.

Even the Light would give no insights into her whereabouts or actions. Whether it did not know or chose not to divulge the information remained a mystery.

While that was difficult to explain, the absence of the Light's Chosen was noticed immediately.

Arguments erupted over what to reveal. Some argued against revealing his death, but Xe'na, the Naaru who had been his companion, shot that down. In her words, it was best to remember him as an inspiration rather than planting false hope of his possible return.

In the end, they chose to reveal only his death, stating that he had used all his strength to save them and end the Lich King's reign of terror.

His age and connection to Xe'na, as the main source of his power, were kept secret. Xe'na agreed to become his armor once more, transporting him to the Isle of Quel'Danas so he would remain in the Light as he had asked of Liadrin.

None opposed making this his final resting place, and a grand statue was erected above his tomb.

Even months later, visitors from around the world came to pay their respects at his grave.

Sally, with her swollen ankles and accompanied by Darion, was among them today. In the aftermath, they had reconnected, their once friendship rekindled and grown into the love they now shared.

Sally had not kept silent that the child in her womb was not Darion's. Only the two of them knew whose child it was, and Darion was more than willing to be a father to the child, allaying any suspicions about the unborn babe.

As they neared the statue, they saw another already there—Liadrin, clad in her armor as usual. The serious air around her raised their worries.

"I will not fail you," were the only words they heard before Liadrin turned and walked past them, offering a simple nod as her steady steps took her away.

Darion sighed beside Sally. "It is going to start, it seems." She turned her confused eyes toward him, but he only gave her a sad smile. She rolled her eyes, knowing whatever was being kept a secret had to do with that golden-winged woman who had arrived a month ago and requested to speak with Liadrin.

Since that day, a weight had fallen upon Liadrin and her order, and it seemed Darion had been drawn in as well. While it galled her not to know what was going on, she consoled herself with the thought that she would learn sooner or later.

At last, they arrived at the statue. Sally allowed her eyes to roam over it, as they did every time she came here. Darion laid down the flowers he had been carrying before stepping beside her, allowing Sally to lean into his embrace as they enjoyed a moment of peace and tranquility.

Aaanddd that's a wrap. This story has come to it's end, hopefully the journey had been fun for you :)

Last edited:
holy shit! that was emotionally charged!
listen to this while reading twas epic

I'm glad that you enjoyed it, I was unsure how people would react to me basically killing the MC even if it was heavily implied that he would.

Appropriate music always makes things better.

Glad that you enjoyed it, hope to write many more such :)

What an ending. Thanks for the story.

Honestly this ending was the first thing I thought of when I began writing the story, the rest came after :D

TFTC. Great ending, Felt very cinematic. Now if only I thought to lisent to some music xd

Thanks I tried to make it as impressive as I could.

Ye I usually try to listen to music whilst reading since that just enhances the experience.

You ended this on a good note, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
Thank you for the story!

Fantastic ending to fantastic story.

It was really well done, truly bittersweet final.

Bravo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back