• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Rise of the White Fang [Kakashi/DxD]

[X] "Maa, maa, sorry, but I got lost on the road of life."
[X] Yes
[X] Don't use any magic at school.
[X] You'll mostly create your own spells and theories, but if you come across a spellbook, every little bit can help, right?
[X] Create the Reparo spell. This spell causes magical tape to appear that will magically repair the targeted device as much as is possible with tape.
[X] Create the Transparent Escape technique. This spell utilises light magic to render the user invisible by bending light around them.
[X] Become his friend and introduce him to the glory that is Icha Icha.

Reparo seems really...useless. Why do people want this? An actual repair spell would work better than a tape producing spell.

Reparo seems really...useless. Why do people want this? An actual repair spell would work better than a tape producing spell.
Because a good general purpose repair spell would probably be a high level, I actually asked what kind of general repair spell we could get, the magical self applying duct tape should be good though for most things. How about this though? For Celeritas to approve as a spell as well.

[] Create the Reparo spell. This spell causes the target object to magically be repaired to pristine condition.

I want some more general purpose spells though and something like that should be very useful in a lot of situations, not combat to be sure but lots outside of it.

I'll allow that, if only because it seems like a spell every magician apprentice would be taught. I.e, the same way it works in Nasuverse.

...I'm still not sure what use you'd find for it personally, but hey, you're the players.

Ah, to be more specific, a repair spell that works along the lines of guided telekinesis/transmutation that takes the broken parts of an object or place and moves them back together again, sealing the cracks and repairing the dents and such, is within your capabilities. It would have certain limits, and Kakashi would need to be able to successfully envision the repaired object. The difficulty of the spell would also go up the more broken parts there are.

Something that works Conceptually, that takes a [Broken] object and restores it to a state in which [It is not broken] is quite bit harder.

For example someone sells their broken up car to us, we fix it then sell it for lots of money.
Considering that you want to do this with TAPE, can I just say how bad an idea this is?

The general idea is fine, but that spell is laughably useless since we can do the exact same thing without it, and it'd be just as ineffective.

Considering that you want to do this with TAPE, can I just say how bad an idea this is?

The general idea is fine, but that spell is laughably useless since we can do the exact same thing without it, and it'd be just as ineffective.
I wasn't talking about the tape, I was talking about the Reparo spell.

I'll allow that, if only because it seems like a spell every magician apprentice would be taught. I.e, the same way it works in Nasuverse.

...I'm still not sure what use you'd find for it personally, but hey, you're the players.
Because I planned on it extending into that basically, if we can take that as is then great. I've changed my vote, anyway I mainly consider it useful for the sheer versatility. While repairing stuff for money is useful it would also let us do things like hide evidence of fights by repairing damaged clothes or possessions, any accidents can be dealt with and it also makes experimenting with some skills a bit easier and safer. It's a nice general spell that can have lots of little uses, just the ability to never have damaged clothes would be great for combat applications for example. It also provides a better foundation for fine control and replication along with experience in magic that isn't directly related to any element.
I wasn't talking about the tape, I was talking about the Reparo spell.
The original version was based off magical duct tape.

Because I planned on it extending into that basically, if we can take that as is then great. I've changed my vote, anyway I mainly consider it useful for the sheer versatility. While repairing stuff for money is useful it would also let us do things like hide evidence of fights by repairing damaged clothes or possessions, any accidents can be dealt with and it also makes experimenting with some skills a bit easier and safer. It's a nice general spell that can have lots of little uses, just the ability to never have damaged clothes would be great for combat applications for example. It also provides a better foundation for fine control and replication along with experience in magic that isn't directly related to any element.
We have hypnotize people if we want to hide evidence, we can practice our skills on plants that we grow using Growth, and fixing something isn't quite the same thing as making it invulnerable.

A repair spell definitely has it's uses, but it's nowhere near as versatile as you think since we already have other spells for the more unusual functions that you suggested.

Anyway, as you guys are discussing this and It'll probably take me a couple days to get started on the update, I'll leave votes open for the rest of the day. I'm working on a better intro scene to the Quest, on Mishie's advice and it's something I was gonna do anyway. It'll be the day Kakashi found his father murdered, so, you know, look out for that if your interested.

Oh yes, Health, Magic/Mana and Destiny Points have been added to the Character Sheet. As a mostly Human, you get 5HP per Point of Stamina. HP depends on a few things, but mostly is determined by your Race's Base HP Value, times Stamina. Ways to increase a base HP Value are learning to use things like Touki or going through some rigorous endurance training.

Mana is fairly straightforward. I gave you an average base Mana Pool of 500 + (50 x Int), which, again, can be raised through dedicated training or just over time by constantly using Magic.

Destiny Points: Unlike how I usually see them used, you won't get these for accomplishing things in game. Instead, I'll give them out based on good thinking and insightfulness on your, the player's, part. As usual, they can be spent to add +5 to a roll, or you spend 5 to reroll.

[X] Yes
[X] You'll mostly create your own spells and theories, but if you come across a spellbook, every little bit can help, right?
[X] Modify shadow walk. If you can make yourself go through shadows, then it stands to reason you can make other objects and perhaps even projectiles do the same.
-[X] Reflect
--[X] Increase the amount of damage the shield can take and increase the duration the shield can last.
[X] Start a conversation with Issei

So, votes are closed, obviously.

[X] Yes
[X] Befriend and introduce him to the glory that is Icha Icha.

Spell Research has a 3 way tie I believe. Someone roll a 2d6 to solve this randomly.

1 - Binding Shadow
2 - Reflect
3- Repair Spell
4 - Transparent Escape
5 - Lightning Clone

Last edited:
Alright, so you're doubling up on Creating the Transparent Escape Technique.
I just looked at the votes, and not a single person voted to double up on anything. Could you please reroll one of those? Doing an action based on a tiebreaker dice roll when not a single person voted for the action the dice gave you doesn't make sense.

Celeritas

The people who voted Lightning Clone also voted to modify Binding Shadow, not Shadow Walk. I think only one person voted for modifying Shadow walk.

Ah, in that case, Shadow walk will be taken out since it doesn't have 3 votes. I'll reroll with D5's.
[dice]470[/dice]

So, Transparent Escape and Lightning Clone.

TE and Lightning Clone.

Also, just saying, but doubling up your research slots on one thing is possible and will cause progress to go faster.

So, just asking, but what use do you actually expect to get out of Transparent Escape? You have Stealth for, well, stealth, and if you just want to be unseen during combat, your SG can already provide that. Unless your opponent has some really odd shenanigans, the darkness your SG creates can only be seen through by you. The only kinds of vision that could pierce it would pierce TE as well.

If you just want to be invisible or make something appear to not be there...that's what illusions are for?

So, just asking, but what use do you actually expect to get out of Transparent Escape? You have Stealth for, well, stealth, and if you just want to be unseen during combat, your SG can already provide that. Unless your opponent has some really odd shenanigans, the darkness your SG creates can only be seen through by you. The only kinds of vision that could pierce it would pierce TE as well.

If you just want to be invisible or make something appear to not be there...that's what illusions are for?
Some people don't read the character sheet.
If there is no use for it, can we switch it for Reflect?

Was talking with Mishie just now, and came to a conclusion. Researching Transparent Escape will be translated into Improving Visual Illusion, by combining some principles of Light Magic with it. Basically, where before the Illsuions would be mostly a passive mental effect, you'll be researching how to use light to reinforce the physical aspect of it an mave it harder for people to notice they're illusions.

Was talking with Mishie just now, and came to a conclusion. Researching Transparent Escape will be translated into Improving Visual Illusion, by combining some principles of Light Magic with it. Basically, where before the Illsuions would be mostly a passive mental effect, you'll be researching how to use light to reinforce the physical aspect of it an mave it harder for people to notice they're illusions.
To be fair (I didn't vote for TE as I thought it redundant compared to mastering Illusion), TE can provide another method for supernatural stealth against an opponent who specializes in Illusion and knows how to dispel it.

I did read the character sheet before creating it, the goal was to have non illusion based illusions and invisibility is a low one on that list, having an spell to modify visual illusions from illusion magic to light magic would work for the same effect. Anyway one of the primary purposes was dealing with things that don't think, illusions as I've seen them and as they seem to be here are more of a mental thing, they modify what the targets think they see, when encountering something that can't think or thinks differently consequently they either stop working or become much harder in near every case, this deals with that issue for visual illusions by modifying what is seen and not the targets perception of it by manipulating light so they actually objectively look different. That and illusions are basically useless for breaking and entering or anything like it due to not working on things like cameras, you need light based illusions for that as it's one of those sees but doesn't think things.

So some kind of spell or skill to translate illusion magic up to a certain level into light magic would be wanted if you're swapping it out, light based illusions definitely have their uses after all as I've said.

See, now that's better. From now on, I recommend explaining that kind of thing, because as a QM, I'm not above giving you some advice here and there, or bending to what you, the players, want. Especially when you think something out, such as that.

For now, +1 Destiny Point.

Hmm so I was thinking idly and realised we have a very sneaky way of finding anybody resistant or immune to illusions. If we combined light based invisibility which will affect everything that sees with an inverted version of our illusion invisibility spell to make us visible then only people who are effected by the illusion will be able to see us, we could mix it up a bit as well by putting as much power into that illusion as possible but having it so our shirt or something else is made of as weak an illusion as possible so anyone slightly resistant can see through it.

Just an interesting idea, also I realized that as light based invisibility doesn't care about the target's magic resistance or willpower or anything a light based invisibility spell seems pretty much universally superior to an illusion based one, I actually failed to think of anyways it's superior outside of stuff specifically designed to counter light magic. Illusions are much more than just visual illusions though and would pull ahead for complex stuff that are very tricky with light manipulation rather than mentally projecting an image but for invisibility at least light seems to straight up trump, location bound illusions would help a bit but even then it's distinctly superior.

[X] Yes
[X] Create the Reparo spell. This spell causes the target object to magically be repaired to pristine condition.
[X] Create the Transparent Escape technique. This spell utilises light magic to render the user invisible by bending light around them.
[X] Become his friend and introduce him to the glory that is Icha Icha.

You know, i was actually still working this, but uhh, well...

Okay, so I had to go to my clinic earlier, for the regular follow-up shit I'll have to do for the rest of my life, because, you know, cancer. Anyway, i told my doctor that i'd been having nosebleeds, headaches and a lot of fatigue lately and after some bloodwork came back negative on anything, he concluded that it was stress, and that I should 'trim down my schedule' a bit, before I have another mental break. Unfortunately, this means I need to drop some things, at least for the time being.

I'm inclined to agree with him, because my hair still hasn't grown back entirely from my last mental break. I don't have any hair left to shave!

So, over the next few days I'll be working out what I'll be working on, and what it is on hiatus. Sorry for the inconvenience, but my personal health comes before anything else, here.

[X] No

We want to be approached so we can enter the magical world, but it's better if any prospective enemies underestimate us.

It's unlikely we'll find any books with actual legitimate magic, but if we do we shouldn't ignore it. Why do the hard work of research when others have already done that for us?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back