• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[RWBY] RWBY Shorts

Sky and Ruby: Not a Date New
Ruby gets asked out a lot but is ignorant at first that she's so popluar mostly as they ask when she's concentrating on someting else. Once she does know... oh boy.

Sky Lark: "Hey Ruby. Um... I'm sorry I was a jerk back on the first day of school. But there's this cool indie game coming out and I was wondering if you'd like to go to the launch party at the game store?"

Ruby: "Hmmmm... Well... You said you're sorry. So, sure!"

Sky Lark: "C-Cool! Um, and uh... We could just go get ice cream or-or something too? I-I'll pay?"

Ruby: "Oh wow! SURE! That sounds great!"

Later...

Yang: "Hey, where are you going Ruby?"

Ruby: "I'm going to get a new game with Sky Lark in Vale!"

Yang: "... Oh? Are you? Like... A date?"

Ruby: "What? No, it's not a date! He just wants to go out with me for a video game and ice cream!"

Yang: "Ohhh? Are you sure it's not a date?"

Ruby: "Totally not a date! I mean, come on... It's absolutely not a date!"

There is a knock at the door. Ruby opens it. Sky stands there with a flower and a smile.

Sky: "H-Hey Ruby... Ready to go?"

Ruby: "Sure! What's with the flower?"

Sky: "Uhhh... Ummmm... Do you... Not like flowers?"

Ruby: "N-No! Flowers are great!"

Sky: "C-Cool! Um... If you like it, take it."

Ruby: "Sweet!"

Yang: "Ohhhhh~?"

Ruby: "Sh-Shut up! It's not a date!"

Yang: "Good! Just a nice, friendly outing..." Eyes blaze red. "Right, Sky?"

Sky: "R-RIGHT!"

Prompts:

-Fate UBW cross. Waking up mysteriously healed, covered in her own blood and in a more age-appropriate body on a tiny island in the middle of nowhere certainly wasn't what she expected to happen after being murdered by a red-eyed jackass. All she can tell is that she's stupidly lost and is being hit with nine years of hormones all at once, and that tall blonde girl cutting firewood one-handed up at that cabin is looking like a very tall drink of water right now...and also might be able to tell her where she is. Priorities, Illya! Illyasviel von Einzbern x Yang Xiao Long, starts post-V3.

-Blake's flight from the White Fang came with an unexpected complication that almost cost her her life during Initiation: She's pregnant. It's Adam's. Oh no.

-Sensing a problem after weeks of suspicious communiques from the Vale sect, Sienna Khan directly contacts her man in Taurus' camp: Perry. Suffice to say, she's not pleased with what she hears. The White Fang are not hired muscle for some entitled human terrorist to claim as her own.

-Rather than the negligent Rhodes, the young Cinder Fall catches the attention of a younger Captain Ironwood. After the arrest of the Glass Unicorn's owners on charges of slavery, kidnapping, child abuse & endangerment, blackmail and tax fraud, he takes in the young girl under his own wing, never knowing just how much damage he has averted.

-Following a slightly alternate Initiation Test, Yang Xiao Long is made leader of Team YBWR (Wyvern. Funny how RWBY reversed looks tailor-made for a Yang-led team, innit?). Yang was hoping that Beacon might finally be a chance to goof off and relax and breathe after years of effectively having to mother Ruby herself, but now not only has Ruby followed her to Beacon two years early, she's been drafted into being responsible for these two idiots, too!

-While I do have my preferred ships, in real life young people of college age often date around. Usually just for fun. So! We could have all sorts of random pairings on friendly dates who decide to not do it more when there isn't a spark or the date didn't go well. Come up with ideas for this!
Jaune gets drunk at a party and ends up dating something like 17 people all at once, with non of them knowing about the others.
Jaune himself only finds out it happened because drunk-Jaune wrote it all down in a little notebook.
His main objective is to friendly break things up after 1 or 2 fun and successful dates, before it can become anything serious or before any hanky-panky can happen.
His logic is that he needs to make sure that he doesn't get killed by an angry mob first, and then he can figure out afterwards if he wants to go any further with any one of them.

Some dates and breakups won't go smoothly or pleasantly like Jaune wants, ending pretty disastrous in 1 or 2 cases.
Some of the girls find out what's going on but actually understand that Jaune wasn't malicious and is trying to fix his drunken mistake (and might not be willing to break up with him, and are possibly willing to work together).

Why Jaune doesn't use a glaive New
A bit late to the original train of thought, but I wrote this over the weekend and hopes it fits in well enough with what others wrote.

Why Jaune doesn't use a glaive

Being a nurse was never an easy task, especially where training Hunters and Huntresses were involved. Accidents, fights in and out of the duel arena, illness, classroom mishaps (usually with Dust) and even the occasional teenage pregnancy; Nurse Tsune had seen them all in her time at Beacon, and would only see the end of them once she retired decades from now. As it was, she was still young, around her colleague Glynda's age, but unlike that disciplinarian, Tsune liked to have fun once in a while. Nothing mindless or illegal, mind you, she had standards to uphold and she'd never risk her career at Beacon over something frivolous like a barroom brawl. However, that weakness of hers was that, while thankfully yet to get her in trouble with anyone but Glynda, she was a massive flirt and tease.

Yes, as a gorgeous fox Faunus, she had that cunningly playful side to her, and had manifested through her life as a teasing, flirtatious vixen. Of course she had never acted upon these, but seeing young men and women under her care blush in embarrassment at her words or observations, harmlessly at that, was her bread and butter. She'd pushed more couples together than any other teacher, simply by realizing the feelings the pair had felt for one another but had not acted upon. That, and kindly shooting down the many, many single young men that had taken her flirting for something more, but in a way that would not bruise their young egos or leave the chance for whispers of impropriety. None of her fellow staff struck her fancy either, so at least she did not have to look forward to even more awkward staffroom meetings should she start a relationship with a colleague, only for it to fizzle out and end.

Besides, none of the young men she'd thus met or colleagues she knew had been her type. While plenty had the bravado and looks, none had had that… inner fire, that tempest within that drove them into a controlled fury. She liked a kind gentleman with an inner demon, one they managed to control through great will and effort, a savage monster just waiting to break free, almost like Dr. Heckle and Mr. Jyde. Her favorite sections of the library, after all, were between the bodice rippers that Glynda thought nobody knew she read, and the barely-hidden smut that was Blake's purview. Nurse Tsune was no prude, and while she knew perfectly well that Miss Belladonna read much of the same literature as herself, she did think her not-so-hidden fellow Faunus could stand to read some things with a bit more variety, rather than the same series over and over again.

That being said, watching the young man before her squirm as they waited for Goodwitch and Ozpin to arrive in the training arena was pure delight. Jaune Arc, by all accounts, had either a rather strange Semblance or some other 'ability' that allowed him immediate mastery over whatever already Aura-infused weapon he got a hold of. It did, however, lead to some very interesting manifestations of his inner psyche, and while Tsune had some training in psychology (all the better to flirt with, my dear), she was not experienced enough to definitively state whether or not the young Arc had actual split personalities. By all accounts, his Aura and Semblance were manifesting the traits of his subconscious that would allow for him to become a highly proficient user of whatever new weapon he had on hand. A brawler would be no good as a fencer, or a sniper would not fare well with a shotgun axe. These just so happened to coincide with the mannerisms and attitudes of those whose Auras he channeled through the weapons, as did the skills of their original wielders.

Even so, she couldn't help but try and have her fun while they waited.

"So tell me, Jaune," she said, maintaining a professional demeanor as she usually did with the students. "This all started with one of your friends giving you a gun whilst fighting Grimm?"

"Yes, Nurse Tsune," Jaune replied.

"Please Jaune, we're not in class for field medicine and triage, you may call me Kaede."

"Um, okay… Kaede. Yeah, one of my friends tossed me a gun, even though I'd told her before that us Arcs get a bit… funny when we have firearms."

"I recall reading Ms. Schnee's report on the matter, but thought it best to hear from you as well," she replied, leaning forward. The neckline of her nurse uniform was high, much as Glynda's was, but her... assets allowed for it to be a bit more stretched downward than normal. Not that the young man seemed to notice. He was much too nervous for this sort of test. She might have to pop a top button when he wasn't looking, or toss her braided hair over her shoulder.

Just then, the door to the training area chimed, and the pair turned to see Miss Goodwitch enter… without the headmaster. The aggrieved look that Glynda wordlessly sent Kaede's way said it all.

"I am afraid the headmaster has been unavoidably delayed in attending this test, Mr. Arc, concerning a call from the Valean Council, among others," her coworker said, all business even as she made a concerted effort to unfurl her free hand from a fist. Of course he'd sent her to oversee it instead of attending as well; her and Kaede had commiserated many times about the state of Beacon's staff and leadership, ranging from their teaching styles, to their professionalism, to even their looks after a few too many drinks one night. "In the meantime, we shall be testing your unique abilities granted to you by your Semblance. Nurse Kaede, if you would?"

With a nod, Kaede Tsune moved to a nearby locker, from which she retrieved her primary weapon. She'd never been one out in the field for ranged combat, or at least the type of ranged that involved bullets or other projectiles. Instead, she had trained and used a special glaive, whose blade had been specially forged to mimic a three-sided bayonet. Only, thanks to the infusion of Dust within its workings, and the small power generators within the long handle, her glaive blades would vibrate when active, effectively becoming a unidirectional cutting edge no matter which way she swung the blades. Yes, blades as in plural. It had taken a great deal of time back in her native homeland under the strictest teachers, among them some old monks, but her training allowed her to wield a glaive that had such blades on both ends, so that she may never be truly vulnerable from an attack opposite her blade. Besides, all that time training had helped her learn very quickly how to aid in healing wounds, as her training scars had long since faded, but not from her memory.

As her colleague lined up the training bots, she walked back to the young Arc, who had decided to not wear his armor today. Instead, for some reason, he had a set of long black robes on over his clothes, the latter of which matched the robes as well. "Laundry day, and since the tests kept getting moved around, I wasn't ready when the headmaster called for me," he asked when he noticed her looking over his outfit. "I had to borrow some things from my friends."

"The long cloak?"

"Was originally one of Ren's travelling cloaks but it got left in the wash too many times and kinda stretched out too much for him. I might have to go into town to get myself some more clothes so this doesn't happen again."

"I see," Kaede Tsune replied. "I think the look suits you for this test, Jaune. Your cloak and underclothes seem less restrictive, and glaives require far more dexterity than swords tend to due to their length."

He rubbed his head sheepishly, a light blush gracing his cheeks. "T-Thanks, Nurse Ts-, er, I mean, Kaede."

Setting her special glaive on the platform, she backed up to stand beside Glynda, who gave her a knowing look as the training bots finished their startups. So what if she'd dropped the proper names in an attempt to ease his nervousness? If what his Semblance did for him was true, then these training bots would be of no issue, and the glaive wouldn't harm him. He had massive Aura reserves anyway, even if he did manage to hurt himself, she was there to ensure nothing life threatening would occur before his Aura dipped too low.

The young man walked up to the platform and looked back to them, to which Kaede gave an encouraging nod. Jaune picked up the double glaive and stopped for a moment, eyes closing as he breathed deeply. When he exhaled, and opened his eyes, a sharp change came over him. His features twisted into a wrathful glare that yet retained a modicum of control, like the uncontrolled fire of a flamethrower condensed into the powerful inferno of a laser cutting torch.

"What do we call this one?" Kaede asked her colleague.

"Jean," a voice said, no, growled, throaty and filled with restrained power. Mr. Arc had spoken, yet the tremble that went up her spine mirrored the soft music that seemed to whisper from the speakers. Music she could not place, music that seemed to mirror his transformation and was only growing stronger, conveying the unleashing of power and wrath. Did his Semblance allow for such a change in the environment, as well as himself?

"You may begin, Mr. Arc," Glynda said, either unable to hear the music's powerful rhythm or simply ignoring it.

With a roar more powerful than a herd of charging Beowolves, 'Jean' practically flew through the air towards his targets, feet barely touching the ground as he met his opponents in battle.

His blows: powerful.

His presence: overwhelming.

His form: impeccable.

Kaede Tsune watched in awe as the mild mannered and well-meaning young Arc was transformed from a mild spring breeze into a howling blizzard, never standing still as he weaved in and out of the training bots, who despite their level of difficulty were unable to land a hit on him. Her glaive's blades, meant for the masters of the form, swung and stabbed to and fro without rest, without indecision, without a single instance of doubt, mistake or regret. Every blow had a purpose, every feint a future action in mind, every parry and thrust meant to bring the wielder closer and closer to one goal and one goal alone.

Victory.

Snarling with every other strike, the young man blew through the cohort of bots like a whirlwind of death. Without a misstep in his stride, where the blades did not meet, kicks struck bots hard enough to send them flying or crumple in one themselves. He was unstoppable, unleashed upon unsuspecting foes calibrated for much stronger foes than the young man would normally face. Were it not for Glynda's wide-eyed stare beside her, Kaede might have assumed she was alone and merely hallucinating the events before her.

Yet despite the number of training bots allotted for the test, it was over in a seemingly matter of moments. The last of the training bots fell before him, and after a few moments of deep, slow breathing to regain his composure, the young man turned back to them. His stride was not a stride at all, but a stalk, filled with purpose and promise, that of a beast that had achieved victory over its foes, and was deigning to celebrate it. In moments, the deadly figure that 'Jean' Arc had become stood before her, hard eyes gazing into her soul as she felt her entire body shudder and shiver. She could smell the power, the desire, the icy rage rolling off of him like smoke. Could… could he smell her excitement as well? Was he going to… right here, in front of Goodwitch? Was he going to have her join…?

"Mr. Arc, you may return Nurse Tsune's weapon to her, the test has concluded for now," her colleague stated, breaking her out of her heady haze. "We shall reconvene at a later date with other weapons to test."

Eyes still locked into hers, with a half-formed snarl mixing with a toothy grin on his suddenly chiseled face, the young man offered Tsune her blade. Gingerly, unsure if he would release it, she grasped it near his hand, only for him to let go once she had a hold of it. Almost immediately the hungry beast before her, seemingly intent on devouring her in celebration for his victory, faded away and returned to the kind, somewhat awkward Jaune Arc from before.

"Wow," he said, puffing out his chest as he stretched his back. "That was… something. I never thought I could do something like that. I mean, I knew Pyrrha's training was paying off, but I didn't think I could move around like a whirlwind."

"Indeed, Mr. Arc," Glynda said. "You may return to your dorm for the time being, as Nurse Tsune and I will have footage to recover from the training bots and surrounding cameras. I will contact you when we've retrieved it, as I am certain your friends will also want to witness it for themselves. If this is indeed your Semblance, I must say it is quite… extraordinary."

"Oh, okay Miss Goodwitch," Jaune said with a smile, before turning back to the still nurse. "Bye, K-Kaede, I'll see you in Monday's class."

"I… I will see you then, J-Jaune," she replied, unable to tear her eyes from him as he walked off. Not even Glynda's annoyed huff at her staring could stir her from the sudden fantasies springing to mind, of what might have happened had Glynda not been there, had it just been the two of them…

She wasn't one to set goals often without an immediate plan to accomplish them, but this was one she could not deny had propelled itself to the top of her list of priorities.

Hopefully after graduation, that man was going to give her litters of little blonde half-Faunus.

Maybe to expand Jaune's family tree and introduce some Faunus to the Lineage to catch Blake's attention, Jaune tells his friends about his distant cousin (or Uncle) Tam Arc, the Wolf Faunus who slew the great Grimm Madcoil in the forests of Mistral with the aid of his Tribe and who regularly leads them in battle against bandits like the Branwens and gives just as good as they get.

You get a cookie if know where this is from.

-The Arc Sisters attend the Vytal Festival for their various business interests and to root for Jaune.
Each Sister could be shipping Jaune and his friends the only agree'd OTP is Renora
Saphron and Terra - i think are shipping his friend with each other and not shipping Jaune with anyone not actively pursuing Jaune [sorry Pyrrha]
Lilac - eh
Coral and Verdy agree on a good girlfriend for Jaune but both argue on who should marry Jaune
Orchid - ...
Tangy - is side eyeing anyone trying to use her baby brother
Aqua is drunk but Darkness Megium and Kazuma oh boy

-We had the idea of mecha in Remnant before, powered armor and mini-mecha on the frontier. Let's think of new ways to use this idea!
Add the Genius vengful Whitley and make him a secret Gundam Designer hell have him hack Ironwood [seriously Watts left how many back doors in the software?] and learns of the staff we'll get a metor base solar powered with an army of Gundam piloted by ai or robots

-Sun needs to make some extra cash, and Weiss has to do some business stuff for her father. So she (reluctantly) hires him as her bodyguard.
i ship it or Sun acts as 1# lesbian ally and tries to get Weiss a date with either Pyrrha or Ruby while 'helping' by getting the other on a date with Jaune as a 'bro' [for helping Neptune] could either or Get a romantic dinner with Sun and Weiss or Sun causing a polycule to form of Weiss Pyrrha Jaune and Ruby[/QUOTE]

Each Sister could be shipping Jaune and his friends the only agree'd OTP is Renora
Saphron and Terra - i think are shipping his friend with each other and not shipping Jaune with anyone not actively pursuing Jaune [sorry Pyrrha]
Lilac - eh
Coral and Verdy agree on a good girlfriend for Jaune but both argue on who should marry Jaune
Orchid - ...
Tangy - is side eyeing anyone trying to use her baby brother
Aqua is drunk but Darkness Megium and Kazuma oh boy

Add the Genius vengful Whitley and make him a secret Gundam Designer hell have him hack Ironwood [seriously Watts left how many back doors in the software?] and learns of the staff we'll get a metor base solar powered with an army of Gundam piloted by ai or robots

i ship it or Sun acts as 1# lesbian ally and tries to get Weiss a date with either Pyrrha or Ruby while 'helping' by getting the other on a date with Jaune as a 'bro' [for helping Neptune] could either or Get a romantic dinner with Sun and Weiss or Sun causing a polycule to form of Weiss Pyrrha Jaune and Ruby
[/QUOTE]

the Whitley bit, while cool, Solar power is inefficient for the awesomeness of Gundams, you need to make Nuclear power reactors, Fission or Fusion type thing.

the Whitley bit, while cool, Solar power is inefficient for the awesomeness of Gundams, you need to make Nuclear power reactors, Fission or Fusion type thing.

i was thinking Solar powered for the space station and standard fission/fusion power for Gundam tho in RWBY i think they only know about Fission from abserving the sun so that would be OP as hell

Whitley in a Fission powered Gundam going full Seed on the Grimm. WhiterRose is a go

Last edited:
Big Brother Jaune New
While Jaune is the youngest in the canon and my fanon... He's still a brother and still has those protective instincts. And I love reading about him going full protective sibling.

So...

Jaune sees a few Hunters-in-training snickering in a corner on the quad.

Jaune: "Hm...?"

One looks up and grins.

Venison: "Hey Jaune!"

Jaune: "Ven... What's up?"

Jaune doesn't know them very well but Ven does join Jaune and Ruby for game sessions at times. Jaune walks up to them. Ven smirks proudly and holds up his Scroll.

Ven: "Check it out... I asked Ruby if she'd do some poses for me, and she agreed!"

Jaune sees the images of Ruby... Posing provocatively. With many upskirt shots.

Jaune's smile becomes rigid.

Ven: "Hey! I'm gonna sell these off. If you want, you can get in on this. You can convince her to wear risque stuff, right? Like maybe a goth maid outfit, or... Or..."

Jaune has not stopped smiling... But his Aura has exploded into a bonfire and his eyes are now glowing yellow. The ground cracks underneath his fury as the other boys flee like rats from a sinking ship. Venison watches them go, and then looks back at the enraged Jaune.

Jaune: "VENISON."

Venison: "Meep...!"

Some time later, there is a knock at Team RWBY's dormroom. Ruby opens it with a smile... Then gasps.

Ruby: "Ven? Jaune?!"

Jaune is still smiling in a terrifying way as he holds up a beaten and bruised Venison.

Jaune: "Ven has something to say."

Venison: "I... I'm really sorry I took photos of you without permission! P-Please forgive me!"

Yang: "Photos? What kind of photos?" Eyes glow red

Jaune: "The exact kind you're thinking of."

Venison: "Eep! Please, Jaune, save me! You-You can beat me up more-!"

Jaune: "No. Everyone gets their turn."

Yang: grins "Thanks VB." cracks her knuckles and grabs Venison, dragging him off

Venison: "EEEEEEP!"

Ruby: "Oh... Geez... He... He was...?"

Jaune: "A creep, Ruby."

Ruby: "... Oh God, I... I feel so stupid-!"

She sniffles and shudders.

Jaune: "I'm sorry Ruby. But it's not your fault, okay? It's all him."

He hugs her, She hugs him back.

Ruby: "... Y-Yang's not gonna kill him, right?"

Jaune: "Probably not."

Weiss: "Shame."

Blake: "Indeed."

Ruby: I canct believe I was so stupid......
Jaune: its alright ruby we all make mistakes someti-
Ruby: .....He said they where for you!!
Jaune: .......what?

Jaune in a towering rage: "YANG. I WANT ANOTHER TURN."

Yang: "GET IN LINE, VB!"

Weiss: "YES! HE'S NOT ESCAPING WITHOUT SOME PUNISHMENT FROM ME!"

Blake: "OR ME!"

Ren: "We're getting in on this too."

Nora: "SAME!"

Pyrrha: "I want to see if I can make a puppet out of him with my spear~."

Venison: "MOMMY!"

While Jaune is the youngest in the canon and my fanon... He's still a brother and still has those protective instincts. And I love reading about him going full protective sibling.

If you are talking sibling position: he's either the 4th youngest or the 4th oldest
If you are talking about the main group: he's actually the 2nd oldest (Birthday is March 2nd)

Jaune in a towering rage: "YANG. I WANT ANOTHER TURN."

Yang: "GET IN LINE, VB!"

Weiss: "YES! HE'S NOT ESCAPING WITHOUT SOME PUNISHMENT FROM ME!"

Blake: "OR ME!"

Ren: "We're getting in on this too."

Nora: "SAME!"

Pyrrha: "I want to see if I can make a puppet out of him with my spear~."

Venison: "MOMMY!"
Venison: SOMEONE HELP ME!!
tai yang: *prowler theme plays*

Tangy's Childhood New
Baby Blues Comic incorrect posts again. November 28th to December 1st 2011

Tanya is identified as a danger at an early age.

On national geographic or the equivalent.

Nick sits watching TV with baby Tanya sitting next to him sucking her thumb holding a stuffed bear.

Tv narrator: The water Buffalo moves to quench its thirst at the water's edge… when suddenly a Sobek (Grimm alligator) explodes from the water crushing it with it's mighty jaws.

Nick flinches remembering his encounter with a Sobek. Damn thing near snapped HIM in half like that poor water buffalo.

It was only thanks to Isabel that he could still feel his lower bod… oh god TANGY!

He looks to Tangerine worried how she'd react, this gruesome must be too much for a delicate thing like her.

Tanya…. : D *clap clap clap clap*! *giggles happily*

Nick:… (oh boy.)… um… Isabel!

Isabel: I'm working Nick, you'll need to come to me!

Nick looks to Tangerine happily enjoying seeing a wild Lion tear into another Grimm.

Nick: so did you know that our sweet little Tangerine has a taste for blood?

Isabel:….. Explain.

Nick: we were watching a nature documentary and a Sobek just tore a Water buffalo in half…. Her reaction was to give it a round of applause it and laugh.

Isabel: Oh. She must take after her grandfather. My, Grandfather. Come to think of it, I think Alexander (Note: Hellsing priest expy who is Isabel's brother ) showed the same signs as a child, and he turned out alright.

Meanwhile back with Tangerine Happily watching along her new favorite show.

Coral: Hiya Tangy! Whatcha watching?

TV Narrator: - and with one bite, the Mighty shark snaps the penguin in half!

Coral: IIIIYAAAAAAAAHHH!!

Tangy: *Giggles with a : D face*

*Coral looks to Tangy in horror.*

Coral: VERDY!

*5 minutes later*

Coral: I'm telling you! Tangy laughed at seeing a Shark tear apart a penguin!

Verdy: Coral, you're over reacting. Tangy's only a baby, they laugh at everything.. It was just a coinci-

Verdy's reassurances are cut off by a loud tearing sound.

The twins turned to the source of the noise. Their eyes widened in horror at what they saw. Tangy had just torn out the neck of her stuffed bear with her teeth. Smiling happily with the piece of cloth and stuffing in her mouth sitting over her gouged stuffed animal.

Verdy:… O.O….Then again…

Coral: I'm sleeping with Big sis Saphron from now on.

I'm still taking a break from writing this weekend (Don't want to burn out) but here are some ideas:

-The Arc Sisters attend the Vytal Festival for their various business interests and to root for Jaune.

Violet and Lavender- They're mainly there to root for Jaune. But notice the women around him. They agree on a girlfriend for Jaune (They choose Blake). Slightly hilarity ensues on how they will get their brother with their chosen one.

Tangy- That's already been written. Same concept as others. Calculating, cool, not entirely impressed with any of them.

Saphron- With Terra and Adrien. The adults share a similar mindset about who Jaune should be with (Pyrrha). Giving Jaune a chance at caring for Adrien just adds another wrench to the machine.

Orchid- not really interested in the 'setting brother up with a girl' idea. But isn't above playing along for fun.

Aqua- Drunk. Thinks the best is Weiss because 'Rich heiress= all the antics with none of the debt'.

Verdy- Sees Yang, instantly thinks of the pair her and Jaune would make. Not exactly subtle about it, either. Embarrassment, ho!

Coral- Dork goes with the adorkable. Instantly sees Ruby and goes 'Yep'.

-While I do have my preferred ships, in real life young people of college age often date around. Usually just for fun. So! We could have all sorts of random pairings on friendly dates who decide to not do it more when there isn't a spark or the date didn't go well. Come up with ideas for this!

Nora goes with Jaune, just to find out what Pyrrha sees in him. It goes decent, but Jaune and Nora see each other as more sibling than potential mate.

Pyrrha actually goes out with Sun one night. Doesn't entirely work out, mainly because Sun keeps trying to showcase his 'features' (abs) and Pyrrha is too kind to let him down and say how Jaune is better. After all, Jaune's being crafted by her.

Blake takes a night with Neptune. They actually hit it off decently. Neptune slips that he's been following a series of books Blake loves. Legit interest with this first date, but Neptune just screams fuccboi instead of potential father. Proven right after Neptune is seen macking on Octavia the next morning.

Weiss takes a date with Yatsuhashi. It's... adequate. Nothing big, nothing unbecoming. Velvet knocked sense into the big dude, but it didn't go anywhere.

Ren takes a date with Yang. It's Oil and Vinegar, but still works in the end. Stoic following fiery just plays well. Allows Ren to have a moment of letting loose, and Yang realizes that Nora would love the guy she's seen even more than she already does. Neither Yang nor Ren offer a second date.

Ruby takes a date with Coco. Turns out to be a disaster of comedy. Coco was all about fashion, Ruby was for fun. Leads to an early evening conclusion.

Mercury goes with Velvet one night. It's probably the most fun Mercury has had in years and Velvet is surprised at how well things have gone.

Sage takes out May. It's fine, but the shy nature of May is a bit of a challenge for Sage to get through. It's cordial, but nothing big.

Last edited:
Abuses of Power - Kind of Dragonslayer, More Drama Focused New
Somewhat on this same topic:

-Yang getting blackmailed by her parole officer was a possibility, though I wonder if Ozpin wouldn't have intervened? Then again most of his focus was on Ruby so Yang may have slipped through the cracks. Meaning Jaune and her other friends could intervene when the guy tries to escalate things. Yang would have told them to stay out of it, even gotten angry... But Jaune and her friends wouldn't let it go.

Well, Pyrrha, Nora, and Ren couldn't let it go. Blake has her disappearing act and Weiss has her issues. Ruby would trust her big sister... But she'd ask Jaune to check in on it so she wouldn't break her promise not to intervene.

And so...

Probation Officer: "I'll make things very easy for you. I'll even help you locate your mother. Hell, I've been looking after you since I turned my head when your dad was depressed and useless."

Yang: flinch

Probation Officer: "So all I'm asking is that you give me what you owe me... You don't have money, after all. Why not use what God gave you and settle your debt?"

Yang: hiss "I'd break every bone in your body..."

Probation Officer: "Yes, but you won't. That's the best part-"

Jaune smashes through the door and grabs the PO by his throat, slamming him against the wall.

PO: "HURK!"

Yang: "JAUNE! Don't! I-I told you I could handle it-!"

Jaune: "Yell at me later then. I'm not letting this scumbag touch you."

PO: "HURK! What... This... Your boyfriend...?"

Yang: "Jaune, please! I-I can-!"

Jaune: "He wasn't going to stop with once, Yang. You know it."

PO: "W-What's it matter to you?! I did EVERYTHING to keep her little family together! She owes me! She knows it! So just beat it, White Knight! She knows exactly what she is and what she has to do-!"

Jaune: "No. No, I know who and what she is. And soon? Everyone's gonna know who and what you are."

PO: "Excuse you?!"

Ren drops down from the ceiling, his Scroll on record. Nora and Pyrrha enter, with a worried Ruby behind them.

PO: "W-Wait! Wait, you can't do this to me! N-Nobody's gonna believe-!"

Pyrrha: "Nobody's going to believe their lying eyes? And if necessary, we'll all testify in court, sir." eyes narrow "I will stake my entire reputation on this."

Yang: gapes in shock

PO: "Th-Then maybe we could make a deal-?"

Jaune: "Post it, Ren."

Ren: "Done."

PO: "Wha-NO! Why-Why would you-?!"

Jaune: "She's our friend. I need another reason?!"

Ruby hugs Yang, sniffling.

Ruby: "I'm sorry Yang... But... But I just... I had to do something!"

Yang, in shock, hugs Ruby.

The police get involved, as does Headmaster Ozpin. Taiyang comes to Vale to ask some pointed questions. Everyone talks to the cops, before they finally get back to Beacon. Yang has a long talk with Taiyang and Ruby, before she goes out and looks for Jaune.

He's sitting on the roof, stargazing again.

Jaune: "... Hey."

Yang: "Hey."

Awkward silence falls. Yang sighs.

Yang: "I... Um... Do I... I don't really know what to say... Or do."

Jaune: "I'm sorry. I know you wanted to handle this on your own but-"

Yang: "No... No..." sighs "I was... I was being stupid. I was so used to solving these problems on my own that... That I couldn't accept help. And if you guys hadn't? I..."

She shudders.

Yang: "... How did you know?"

Jaune: "I didn't... But a provincial inspector tried something similar with one of my sisters a few years back. Tried to pressure her, manipulate her, make her think she was all alone. That if she told anyone, bad things would happen. He..." Eyes narrow "Your PO... He looked the same. Felt the same. If he was just a hardass, then... No harm done. But... Yeah."

Yang: "What happened to that guy?"

Jaune: "When we found out? He got two options: Leave and resign from his job, confess everything... Or we feed him to the Grimm. He took the first one."

Yang: "Jeez... I... I don't deserve-"

Jaune: "You do, Yang. Nobody deserves to go through that. Nobody."

Yang sits next to him and they stare up at the stars.

Yang: "... Thank you, Jaune."

Jaune: smiles "I didn't do much. I know I'm... I'm pretty useless most of the time but-"

Yang: "But nothing. Every other man in my life just... Disappointed me, ya know? My dad fell apart. My uncle barely gets involved. This guy... He did help us but he was just-just trying to groom me." shudders... Leans against Jaune "Thanks for not... Not following the trend."

Jaune: "You're welcome."

They look up at the stars in silence.

- - -

Buuuut, I don't know if it would work as a full story. What do you think?

Somewhat on this same topic:

-Yang getting blackmailed by her parole officer was a possibility, though I wonder if Ozpin wouldn't have intervened? Then again most of his focus was on Ruby so Yang may have slipped through the cracks. Meaning Jaune and her other friends could intervene when the guy tries to escalate things. Yang would have told them to stay out of it, even gotten angry... But Jaune and her friends wouldn't let it go.

Well, Pyrrha, Nora, and Ren couldn't let it go. Blake has her disappearing act and Weiss has her issues. Ruby would trust her big sister... But she'd ask Jaune to check in on it so she wouldn't break her promise not to intervene.

And so...

Probation Officer: "I'll make things very easy for you. I'll even help you locate your mother. Hell, I've been looking after you since I turned my head when your dad was depressed and useless."

Yang: flinch

Probation Officer: "So all I'm asking is that you give me what you owe me... You don't have money, after all. Why not use what God gave you and settle your debt?"

Yang: hiss "I'd break every bone in your body..."

Probation Officer: "Yes, but you won't. That's the best part-"

Jaune smashes through the door and grabs the PO by his throat, slamming him against the wall.

PO: "HURK!"

Yang: "JAUNE! Don't! I-I told you I could handle it-!"

Jaune: "Yell at me later then. I'm not letting this scumbag touch you."

PO: "HURK! What... This... Your boyfriend...?"

Yang: "Jaune, please! I-I can-!"

Jaune: "He wasn't going to stop with once, Yang. You know it."

PO: "W-What's it matter to you?! I did EVERYTHING to keep her little family together! She owes me! She knows it! So just beat it, White Knight! She knows exactly what she is and what she has to do-!"

Jaune: "No. No, I know who and what she is. And soon? Everyone's gonna know who and what you are."

PO: "Excuse you?!"

Ren drops down from the ceiling, his Scroll on record. Nora and Pyrrha enter, with a worried Ruby behind them.

PO: "W-Wait! Wait, you can't do this to me! N-Nobody's gonna believe-!"

Pyrrha: "Nobody's going to believe their lying eyes? And if necessary, we'll all testify in court, sir." eyes narrow "I will stake my entire reputation on this."

Yang: gapes in shock

PO: "Th-Then maybe we could make a deal-?"

Jaune: "Post it, Ren."

Ren: "Done."

PO: "Wha-NO! Why-Why would you-?!"

Jaune: "She's our friend. I need another reason?!"

Ruby hugs Yang, sniffling.

Ruby: "I'm sorry Yang... But... But I just... I had to do something!"

Yang, in shock, hugs Ruby.

The police get involved, as does Headmaster Ozpin. Taiyang comes to Vale to ask some pointed questions. Everyone talks to the cops, before they finally get back to Beacon. Yang has a long talk with Taiyang and Ruby, before she goes out and looks for Jaune.

He's sitting on the roof, stargazing again.

Jaune: "... Hey."

Yang: "Hey."

Awkward silence falls. Yang sighs.

Yang: "I... Um... Do I... I don't really know what to say... Or do."

Jaune: "I'm sorry. I know you wanted to handle this on your own but-"

Yang: "No... No..." sighs "I was... I was being stupid. I was so used to solving these problems on my own that... That I couldn't accept help. And if you guys hadn't? I..."

She shudders.

Yang: "... How did you know?"

Jaune: "I didn't... But a provincial inspector tried something similar with one of my sisters a few years back. Tried to pressure her, manipulate her, make her think she was all alone. That if she told anyone, bad things would happen. He..." Eyes narrow "Your PO... He looked the same. Felt the same. If he was just a hardass, then... No harm done. But... Yeah."

Yang: "What happened to that guy?"

Jaune: "When we found out? He got two options: Leave and resign from his job, confess everything... Or we feed him to the Grimm. He took the first one."

Yang: "Jeez... I... I don't deserve-"

Jaune: "You do, Yang. Nobody deserves to go through that. Nobody."

Yang sits next to him and they stare up at the stars.

Yang: "... Thank you, Jaune."

Jaune: smiles "I didn't do much. I know I'm... I'm pretty useless most of the time but-"

Yang: "But nothing. Every other man in my life just... Disappointed me, ya know? My dad fell apart. My uncle barely gets involved. This guy... He did help us but he was just-just trying to groom me." shudders... Leans against Jaune "Thanks for not... Not following the trend."

Jaune: "You're welcome."

They look up at the stars in silence.

- - -

Buuuut, I don't know if it would work as a full story. What do you think?

This could work. You would need to do more backstory, get a little more in-depth on what happened to lead things to this point. It would take some heavy lifting, but it's possible.

Idea

- Would a older/mature Yang look like Barghest from Fate?
With all the Fate characters showing up, maybe some canon characters could have some parts or looks from Fate characters.
Personally, I'm not really a fan of the Fate franchise, mostly because how they tend to turn a lot of chatacters into girls for no reason other than fanservice, but also because some character designs don't work (Gilgamesh and Alexander the great designs should be swapped and I will die fighting on that hill), and because some characters go pretty much completely against the mythological lore of their inspiration.
That said, I can see that there's a lot going on in these threads with Fate characters, and I can't say I haven't gotten any enjoyment ouf ot it.
Barghest is very tall, very strong, has very muscular thighs and a six pack, is very well endowed (the gigantic breastplate she's wearing? She takes it off while complaining that it's too tight.), fire-powers, she has close to the same hairstyle as Yang, has Heterochromia with a red and blue eye (which mixes into purple, Yang's eye colour). she's a good/heroic person born from a facton that's normally evil (like Yang was born from a Bandit clan leader) and she's also Bisexual like Yang.
latest
1633_Heroic%20Spirit%20Dream%20Portrait%20Barghest.png
latest
For other fate characters that could be linked to canon RWBY characters, I have absolutely no idea.

Jaune doesn't know them very well but Ven does join Jaune and Ruby for game sessions at times. Jaune walks up to them. Ven smirks proudly and holds up his Scroll.

Ven: "Check it out... I asked Ruby if she'd do some poses for me, and she agreed!"

Jaune sees the images of Ruby... Posing provocatively. With many upskirt shots.

Ok what kind of pictures are we taking about? because the upskirts are bad enough to justify everything but poses? ahegao? using CR as a stripper pole?

Ruby: I canct believe I was so stupid......
Jaune: its alright ruby we all make mistakes someti-
Ruby: .....He said they where for you!!
Jaune: .......what?

Great news! Jaune unlocked his semblance so Ven wont die. Bad news, Ven wont die no matter how much he begs

Team SLVR New
maxresdefault.jpg

be6934c307c9ac70ea0df8480b8db050461be15bd3dcd0f53b6770e578e954b3.png

In order from left to right: Simin Megister, Lycan Arcadia, Vella Moisia, and Ragora Cinarum.

In the White Knight Errant universe, they're teacher-aides and essentially junior professors (or teaching assistants) at Beacon. They are all fourth-year students, seniors, in their final year at Beacon who work as teachers to graduate. They will probably do this teaching assistant job part-time even after graduation. They are highly regarded as the finest team of young hunters in Vale.

They are not in on Ozpin's Group or Salem, but do some missions for Ozpin in service of countering Salem.

They are very close to Glynda Goodwitch, who is pushing them as a replacement, in a sense, of Summer, Taiyang, Qrow and Raven's team, STRQ ("Stark").

I feel that using them as upper classmen in RWBY stories could add a lot. They're much stronger than our protagonists and more experienced, and thus can act as mentors, yardsticks, and sources of insight into the world and how becoming a Hunter works. At the same time they are still students with all that implies.

So, what would you do with Team SLVR?

Sanctuary 6 New
"Haa... Haa... Haa..."

Aura didn't just allow for improved defense or special powers. It also did the mundane tasks of increasing your stamina and improving your overall physicality. That's why, even after being in a hospital bed for two weeks straight, Yang was able to hike up Mount Avion without too much effort.

Still, she did need a few more breaks than average. Everyone slowed down dutifully on the hike. It irked Yang a little, so she tried to distract herself with the (quite honestly) breathtaking scenery.

Patch didn't really have mountains. Well it had one, Freemere Tip, but it was a hill in a sandbox compared to the giant that was Mount Avion. It towered up high overhead, a snowy peak on its bare granite top, silent and clothed in green forests that ran in short runs down into the valley. Smaller mountain peaks ranged away from it, forming the North Sanus leg of the great Albus Mountain Range that stretched from Northern Gallia, all the way down to the south coasts of Juzan Kingdom.

Its jagged ridges formed natural defensive barriers and numerous smaller plateaus dotted the valley in every direction, and on almost all of them, smaller towns had been built. The perfect place to resist the Grimm.

She turned away from the valley view... Already sick of it. She glowered a bit up at the head of their little column. Jaune was looking back from the lip of a ridge. He waved.

"We're here! Just a little more!"

"Finally," Neptune grumbled, "It's so freaking dry up here...!"

"It won't be for long!" Jaune shouted back. He vanished over the top. Cardin and Velvet, even now sticking close together, went over next. Nora fairly skipped over the top, giggling loudly, as Ren followed in silence. Arslan went up, May trailing behind. Neptune looked over at Ruby and Yang and sighed.

"Well, let's see if it's worth the trouble, huh?" He asked with a shrug. He turned and clambered up. Ruby turned to Yang and smiled.

"Um, do you need help with-?"

"I'm fine, Ruby," Yang gritted out. Ruby stared at her, and Yang shook her head with a soft sigh.

"It's fine... I'm fine. Let's go."

"S-Sure," Ruby agreed. They went up, climbing over the rocky escarpment. They stood up. Yang's eyes widened. She heard Ruby gasp.

A waterfall fell from further up Avion, filling a small mountain lake. Further up and to the left of the waterfall stood a dull gray watchtower Jaune had called "Roland's Watch". She could spot sunlight reflecting off the windows, the same sunlight that formed a rainbow in the spray of the waterfall.

At the edge of the lake stood the ruins of some older building, done in the same architectural style as Arc-En-Ciel down below: A fort or something? It was dull bluish green like rusted bronze.

Everywhere else though was a riot of color, as the entire meadow was filled with wildflowers of every description.

"W-Wow," May breathed, looking over the gorgeous scenery with wide eyes. Arslan murmured a prayer of thanks, while Neptune gaped. Nora was already flitting about the flowers like an eager honeybee, while Ren had a small smile on his own face. Cardin and Velvet held hands, and looked upon nature's splendor in soft wonder.

"It's amazing," Ruby whispered.

About the only person who wasn't taken in by the raw natural beauty on display (aside from her) was Jaune. He nodded gruffly.

"Yeah, it's gorgeous. You can take photos later. We've got a job to do."

He held out some sheets of paper, and each of them took a copy. They all had pictures and names of the various herbs and plants, along with some short blurbs of information.

"I used to do this every summer for school," Jaune said with a shrug, "I think these info sheets are from the school, too."

"Do we have to start right now?" Nora asked, "It was a super long hike!"

Jaune opened his mouth... Closed it, and sighed. He gestured to the packs they'd been issued.

"All right. Let's eat lunch first, then we'll start gathering them," he ordered, as Nora cheered, "There are picnic tables over there by the ruins."

"What are the ruins, Jaune?" Arslan asked curiously. Jaune shrugged.

"That used to be the old watchtower, Colline Ventus in Old Vale," he reported dutifully, as though he was already done playing tour guide, "or 'Weathered Hill'."

"Looks neat! Does it have buried treasure?" Nora asked eagerly.

"If it does, nobody's found it yet," Jaune deadpanned.

They marched through the meadow, bees buzzing, birds singing, and some little rat things chirping noisily at each other from their holes. A few deer grazed near the lake, though scattered when they approached. Ruby and May both made 'aw' sounds at this.

They reached the picnic area: Several wooden and stone tables gathered under what shelter was available from the old watchtower. They sat down at various tables, and opened their packs.

"Man, Lilac Arc is the best," Neptune grinned, pulling out several mouth watering sandwiches, "She even got the mayo right!"

"The absolute best," Velvet confirmed, digging into her food with gusto. She looked up at Cardin, and playfully took hold of some of the fruit packed in his lunch. "Say aw, Cardin!"

"I..." Cardin flushed at the pleading look in her eyes, and sighed, "Sure." He ate the fruit, and smiled warmly at Velvet. She smiled just as happily back.

Neptune scowled at them, having taken a seat with Yang, May, Neptune, Ruby, Nora, and Ren.

"They're just so disgusting," he muttered.

"They're allowed to be," Arslan stated calmly, praying before she dug into her roast beef sandwich, "Love is a wonderful gift of the divine."

"Well, well," Neptune said with a grin and wink at Arslan, "If you want some gifts, maybe I could-OW!"

Arslan calmly flicked Neptune's ear. He grumbled.

"What's the fun of living if we can't have fun living?" He sighed. He beamed over at May, who was quietly eating a gyro, "Hey May! You wanna try? I've got lots of love to give!"

"I um... Uh..." May flustered, and focused on her food as her cheeks burned red. Neptune felt everyone's glares on him, and he coughed.

"I-I mean... Just a joke! Honest!" Neptune insisted. He sighed and slumped a bit, eating his tuna sandwich, "Geez... Just trying to lighten the mood."

Unexpectedly, Nora reached out and patted his palm.

"I appreciate it," she said, "It's hard being the only one doing it, huh?" She winked. "Thanks for the backup!"

Neptune coughed and then looked aside, his own cheeks red.

"Er... You're welcome," he mumbled. He scanned around. "Hey. Where's Fearless Leader?"

Ruby frowned, also looking about.

"He shouldn't wander off," she muttered. She looked at May. "May?"

The sniper flushed, but looked up. Her eyes glowed briefly.

"He's deeper in the ruins," she reported, "Um, he looks okay."

"He shouldn't wander off," Velvet said worriedly.

Ruby nearly jumped off the bench, but Yang grabbed her arm and pulled her down.

"I'll go get him," Yang said quietly, "I'll be back."

"But-But Yang-"

"Eat, it was a long hike," Yang said, polishing off her own sandwich in a few bites. She got up and headed off.

She felt Ren and Nora's eyes on her, but... She didn't care.

- - -

Deeper in the ruins, the Watchtower opened up onto a large porch that overlooked the lake and waterfall. A few ducks splashed around near the alpine shore, quacking up a storm. Tall archways framed the lake, and let Yang out onto the old stone floor.

She spotted Jaune easily: He was sitting on one of many stone blocks littering the area, calmly eating his food while holding his sword in the other.

"Hey," she called out. Jaune turned his head back to face her. He gulped down a bite.

"Hey," he said.

"Thought we were all eating together," she said, trying not to sound accusatory but failing. Jaune shrugged and looked back at the waterfall.

"Someone's gotta keep watch," he stated, "Grimm sometimes sneak in through the mountains. Not often but..."

He gave a half hearted shrug. Yang frowned and fidgeted.

She'd wanted to do something but... All of a sudden her sails were out of wind.

Only the sound of the falls and the wildlife filled the air.

Jaune finally sighed, and turned back to her. He stood up and walked closer, stopping a few feet away.

"I'm sorry about last night," he apologized, "That's... That's the last thing you needed."

"Yeah, well," Yang sighed, her feet fidgeting as she stared at his neck, "I've... Got practice. Putting drunks to bed."

Now she was thinking of all of that. Which just put her in a worse mood.

Jaune's face fell.

"Oh... Yang, I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean-"

"It's fine, it's fine," Yang grunted, glaring out at the pristine surroundings and just getting more irritated, "Why should I expect them to be there for me? I was there for them, doesn't mean they have to reciprocate."

"Yang," Jaune murmured. Yang flushed, and shook her head.

"I... I don't..."

"Your dad's fighting in Vale," Jaune said carefully, "And your Uncle checked in on you both. I'm sure they'd be here if they could-"

Pity. She fucking hated pity. Seeing it in Jaune's eyes just... Just made things so much worse.

"But they're not, are they?" Yang shot back, angry and bitter, "They're not! They just..."

She clutched at her artificial arm tightly. She shook her head.

"Whatever. I'm being selfish," she huffed.

"Yeah well..." Jaune shrugged and sighed, "I know the feeling."

Yang stared at him. He shook his head.

"What? You think you're the only one with family issues?"

Rage ignited in Yang's heart. The first real rage she'd felt in ages and it was filled with bitterness, envy, and spite.

She didn't care.

Yang barked some angry, mocking laughter.

"Oh sure! 'Hey Yang! My family's always been there for me, but hey, it's not so bad that yours barely bothered with you!'"

Jaune glared. He was angry: Good.

"It's not as picturesque as you might think, Yang-"

"Yeah well, from where I'm standing, it looks a hell of a lot better than what I've got!" Yang snarled.

"You've got Ruby-!"

"Yeah, I always had her," Yang snarled, "I always had to look after her! Me! I didn't get any help! I didn't have seven sisters or all these aunts and uncles or a MOM and DAD who were always there for me! So what the hell are you so angry about?!"

Jaune glared, stepping closer as he clenched his fists.

"What the hell is your problem?!" Jaune demanded, "Did you forget what we both just went through?!"

"Oh gee, the girl who loved you died, and you got to go back to a loving, happy family!" Yang seethed, "Woe fucking is me! Meanwhile, what about everyone else out there, huh?! Don't see them drinking! Don't see them feeling sorry for themselves, so what's your fucking excuse?!"

"ME?!" Jaune demanded, now right up in her face, "What about you?! You needed to be tied down in the infirmary when you got injured or lost a fight! Now you're meek and bitter and-what the hell, Yang?!"

"Oh, did you miss THIS?!" Yang demanded, thrusting her artificial arm up in his face with a mocking wave, "Did you fucking miss this?! Did you miss the part where I got maimed?!"

"At least you made a fucking difference!" Jaune bellowed.

"I DIDN'T!" Yang shouted angrily. "I DIDN'T MAKE A FUCKING DIFFERENCE!"

Silence fell as her roar echoed away, swallowed by the waterfall. Yang panted hard, her eyes blazing red, as Jaune glared back. She looked down, clutching her artificial and real fists hard enough to draw blood from one.

"I got one shotted, all fucking right?!" Yang snarled, "I wasn't even... Even worth... I wasn't even worth killing, Jaune!"

"Neither was I!" Jaune shouted back, his anger now more confused, "I got shoved in a locker and sent off because-Because I couldn't even be a distraction-!"

"Well at least your partner thought you were worth saving!" Yang spat out, angry tears, "At least she-She didn't run back home with her fucking boyfriend and leave you! At least Pyrrha tried to save everyone! At least... At least you did something!"

She pointed back at the ruins.

"There's half a dozen people out there alive thanks to you! You saved me! What did I fucking do?! NOTHING! THAT'S WHAT!"

She felt fat, angry tears spill down her cheeks. She sobbed her breaths.

"You even took care of Ruby so... So why am I even fucking here?" She gasped.

He stepped up and hugged her tightly. She struggled, but he held firm.

"You fucking jackass," Yang whispered, burying her face in his chest, "I can't... I can't even help her anymore... You did it all..."

"Yang-"

"I'm a fucking joke," she sobbed angrily, "I'm no Huntress... I'm nothing... I-I should just go... Go be a housewife, for all the fucking good I did..."

Jaune hugged her tightly. He managed to get them over to a block, and sat them both down. She kept crying, even as he held her hands. He winced at her grip, but didn't let go.

"... I'm sorry, Yang," Jaune mumbled, "I-I'm sorry-"

"Just... Just shut up," Yang muttered back, angrily wiping her tears and snot on his armor, "Just... Don't... Please..."

Jaune fell silent. He held her tightly. She kept crying hard, until they ran dry. She breathed in and out, trying to focus on her training. It was instinct now but thoughts of her dad made her feel worse.

She felt Jaune's hand stroke up and down her back. It was soothing, despite everything.

Yang slowly pulled back. She looked away, back at the waterfall. She wiped her eyes, not daring to look his way even as he held her.

He let out a low sigh.

"... I don't know why they do it."

"Huh?" Yang mumbled.

Jaune shrugged.

"Why. Why they follow me. I just... I yelled for them to get on the Bullhead, and they followed. I asked them to help defend Radian when we got here... They did so. I asked them to follow me and they... They just keep doing it."

She chanced a glance at him: He was staring at the waterfall, but not seeing it.

"It was all I could do," he muttered, "I don't even think I'm doing a good job... It's just... I was the only one who could. I had to... Even... Even if I'm not worthy."

He sighed.

"... I didn't mean-"

"I... I know," Yang mumbled, embarassed. She rubbed her artificial arm. "Your mom... She said I'd have mood swings... From the depression... I-I'm sorry."

Jaune kept stroking her back. He sighed.

"It's okay," he murmured. "I just... I saved you, Yang... Because you matter to me. You matter to Ruby. And... And I wasn't going to leave you behind. You're not useless to me, to Ruby... To anyone. You just..."

He looked back at the waterfall.

"We just... All had a bad day," he mumbled.

"The worst," Yang agreed.

They watched the waterfall for a while longer. Yang sighed.

"... So... I mean..." She bit her lower lip. "... Do you have a plan?"

"For?" Jaune asked. Yang shrugged.

"I dunno... What to do now?"

Jaune stared at the waterfall in silence. He sucked in a deep breath.

"... Sort of. It's... A work in progress," he admitted. "I want to talk more with everyone about it, but..."

Yang stared at him for longer. He shrugged.

"...For now? Rest. Get stronger. Then... Get out of here. Get to Mistral. Find Cinder..."

His fists clenched. He looked back into her eyes, stony faced and determined.

"Kill her, and her boss," he stated, quiet but deadly. "You?"

Yang stared back.

"I..."

She slowly nodded.

"There are worse places to start..."

- - -

I'm gonna be honest? Not entirely happy with how this turned out. It might need more build up. More time to breathe. But I wanted to do something dramatic for this post. I hope you liked it and would appreciate suggestions for improvements.

Agreed. Hence why I like pairing Yang with anyone else. Jaune especially.

I like Freezerburn, myself. Their reunion in V5 was just too wholesome for me to argue against - the music, the Arma Gigas slowly breaking away into snowflakes in the background, the way the 'Princess' just threw herself into the 'Dragon's' arms after saving herself (but appreciating the backup)...

*chef's kiss*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back