• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[RWBY] RWBY Shorts

-Ozpin is bored and so has the teams swap leaders around. Now Jaune is leading Weiss, Yang, and Blake while Ruby is leading Pyrrha, Ren, and Nora. Shenanigans ensue.

-Ironwood doesn't know what to make of the Arc Clan: How the hell are so many crazy badasses from one family? He decides to assign Winter to investigate.

- I think I remember reading a fic with the same prompt

- Why do I feel like that's going to end with Winter becoming an Arc?

Some morning prompts:

-Jaune asks Yang to train him, and Yang agrees so she can learn more about Pyrrha to hopefully beat her one day. Jaune wants Yang to train him because he feels that Pyrrha is holding back on him and he wants to learn how to take hits from someone who WON'T hold back. They bond.

That writes itself. Perhaps have a joint training session with Yang and Pyrrha ganging up against Jaune. Add other shenanigans if desired.

-Lines of Succession: Blake and Pyrrha finally have a chat.

I expect every emotion. Eventually Jaune steps in and apologizes for being dense to Pyrrha.

-Ironwood doesn't know what to make of the Arc Clan: How the hell are so many crazy badasses from one family? He decides to assign Winter to investigate.

Winter ends up finding out the family line, the history, all of it. Isabel or Nick take her for a talk and offer backstory on Jaune. Winter decides if Weiss wants none of it, she'll try to fit herself into Jaune's heart.

I want to expand on my concept I introducedt a few pages back, so here is a personae dramaticae:
-Caroline "Carol" Frees: Based on Frankenstein's Monster. A skilled engineer and inventor that has had most of her body replaced with cybernetics at the cost of her soul. Studied under Dr. Polendina in university, though philosophical differences meant they quickly drifted apart.
-Vladimir "Vlad" Kashmir: Based on Nosferatu and classic vampires. A blind hunter with insane hearing and a semblance that allows him to heal by drinking blood. Saved Carol multiple times when she went on field surveys during her contractor days.
-Nathan Innsmouth: Based on the classic Fishmen and named after H.P. Lovecraft's work. Fish faunus with scales, gills and bulging eyes. Owns the seaside resort Carol likes to drink at after work and is part of the Order of Dagon (equivalent to Poseidon in greek myth).
-Lord Nas Settra: Based on classic mummies. Noble from Vacuo and retired hunter, his semblance allowing him superior regeneration like Vlad's, though not as effective in his advanced age (he did live to be over 150 tho). Another regular to Nathan's resort for its drinks.
-Blerh Sylvayn: Based on classic werewolves. Wolf Faunus, Ex-freedom fighter not associated with the White Fang. Left his outlaw past behind when the White Fang went full terrorist and settled down as a private airship captain. Currently chartered to Lord Settra.

so, thoughts?

The Winchester Family Secret
An interesting thing about beacon is the temporary class slot.

Every few weeks the class changes to something else. From semblance experimenting, to cooking, to foraging. It's meant to give every student a little skill in everything, and if they want to continue a certain path then there's a associated extracurricular club.

Currently the class is on semblance experiment and so far Jaune is having a interesting time.

He's learned that his semblance can be a broad boost or a more limited but stronger boost.

So far he can boost aura shield, strength, reaction time, semblances, and healing. But he can tell there's more.

Jaune: "Hey Cardin tell me if this feels funny."

So Jaune pushes deeper with his aura. Past the surface all the way down to what makes Cardin, Cardin.

And he finds something. Something so weak it's barely there. So Jaune does what Jaune does. And boosts the shit out of it.

And with a bright flash and a scream things get wild.

*Beacon infirmary*

Nurse peach: well good news boys we figured out what happened.

Jaune: awesome!

Nurse peach: and we're pretty sure it's irreversible.

Jaune: not awesome.

Nurse peach: so if we go back a looooong time in the Winchester family history it turns out one of his ancestors was at the battle of brightmor.

Jaune: which one is that?

Nurse peach: the one with the holiday ceasefire that turned into a orgy.

Jaune: ew.

Nurse: anyway his great to the 40th power grandfather left that battle a year later with twin kids and never disclosed who the mother was.

Jaune: so?

Nurse: she was a faunus. The kids didn't have visual traits but still carried the genetics. Which you found in Cardin and boosted.

Cardin: I'm stuck like this?!

*Pulls back a curtain from one of the hospital beds revealing that Cardin has gone from 6'2 jock to a 4'5 ginger rabbit faunus with a pretty boy face*

Nurse: that is what I'm saying yes. But there are upsides.

Cardin: like?

Nurse: well for one you're actually stronger and faster like this. You didn't lose any muscle mass it just got dense as hell.

Cardin: oh good that'll make beating Jaune to death easier.

Jaune: hey what the hell?

Cardin: you turned me into a twink you- what smells like cinnamon?

Nurse: ah yes the downside.

*Nurse raises the blinds covering the window revealing velvet pressed up against the window with heart eyes*

Nurse: it's mating season.

Cardin: fuck.

Nurse: exactly. You should probably run before she remembers she has super strength and that this is regular glass.

The Vytal Festival Reunion 2
- - -

So Weiss ended up skating alongside Jaune. It didn't mean anything! The idiot could barely stand on his skates, and Weiss was the expert. Nobody teased his other female friends for helping him out, did they?

Of course not!

"Thanks Weiss," Jaune said gratefully, wobbling a bit on his skates before he managed a glide forward with her. She held onto his arm to keep him heading in the right direction.

Which was the only reasons she was in such close contact with him!

"Y-Yes, well," Weiss sighed, "I suppose I should help one of my mother's friend's children. It would make me look rude to do otherwise."

"Save some of that couples skate for me, Weisscream~!" Yang taunted, skating past aggressively, "Don't get too carried away with her, Stud!"

"SHUT UP!" Weiss growled, her face burning bright red. Jaune coughed and decided the best tactical decision would be to move past this awkward subject.

"Yeah, uh... I mean, I had no idea myself," Jaune admitted, "My dad told me all kinds of stories about his Hunting days with my mom and my godparents but he didn't get very specific with names. Or at least that specific."

"Hmph, I bet you just weren't paying attention," Weiss huffed.

Jaune chuckled and shrugged helplessly.

"Pr-Probably?"

It did not make him look cute or endearing. It was just annoying. Weiss sighed as they made one last lap around the rink. Dozens of children, adults, and old couples were scattered across the artificially frozen pond, making it crowded. Ren and Nora were skating with ease nearby, Nora twirling, falling down, and laughing. Pyrrha and Yang were now skating competitively, though both had eyes on them all the time. Ruby tried to skate... Slipped... Fell... And got up again, cursing up a storm.

Blake had gotten some ice cream and was just watching from the sidelines. Coward.

Finally, the crowds got to be too much, and teams RWBY and JNPR left the rink and turned in their skates. Klein greeted them with water bottles, which they all took gratefully.

"Thank you Klein," Weiss said with a nod.

"Elegant as always, Miss Weiss," Klein chuckled. He turned a sardonic eye towards Jaune. "And you have the same skills as your father when it comes to the ice: None."

"H-Hey!" Ruby pouted, "Why didn't you help me, Weiss?"

"Because you were not in danger of killing yourself every five seconds," Weiss deadpanned. Jaune flushed and shrugged.

"She's not wrong," he said.

"You could always skate with me next time, Jaune," Pyrrha suggested.

"Or me! I tried hockey when I was little! It's way more fun than the fruity little steps Weisscream was doing!" Yang chuckled.

"E-Excuse you?!" Weiss growled.

"YANG! RUBY!"

Ruby's eyes went wide in happy shock. Yang turned and stared. A tall, tanned blond man in brown shorts and vest over a light yellow shirt waved and beamed at them.

"DAD!" Ruby cheered, using her Semblance to accelerate and tackle her father in a hug. The man caught her and laughed. Yang grinned and waved.

"Hey Dad!" She greeted him. She looked to her friends. "Guys, this is Taiyang Xiao-Long: Our dad!"

"Well I wanted to check out the festival before the matches began," Taiyang chuckled, walking up and beaming. Weiss cleared her throat and decorum took over.

"Hello Mister Xiao-Long," she said, "I am Weiss Schnee."

"Blake Belladonna," Blake volunteered, still smugly licking her ice cream cone.

"Pyrrha Nikos, sir," Pyrrha introduced herself with a slight bow.

"Nora Valkyrie!" Nora cheered.

"Lie Ren," Ren stated with his own slight bow.

"Jaune Arc," Jaune said with a smile. He extended his hand for a handshake. Taiyang stared at him in shock. "Er... Sir?"

"... You wouldn't happen to be Isabel and Nick's son, would you?" Taiyang asked, eyes narrowing. Ruby, concerned, moved between her father and Jaune. Yang took up a defensive position on Jaune's right, eyes narrowed in confusion.

"Uh, yes sir," Jaune nodded. Taiyang growled.

"Woah! Dad, uh, whatever beef you might have with Stud's Dad-" Yang tried, but Taiyang's scowl deepened.

"'Stud'?"

"It's just a nickname!" Ruby said quickly, waving her hands with a nervous smile.

"For her boyfriend," Nora suggested.

"NORA!" Yang, Jaune, Ruby and Weiss hissed. Nora blinked.

"Ohh, that was supposed to be a secret! My bad!"

"Boyfriend, huh?" Taiyang growled. Yang coughed.

"Ah, um, well, it's not official-It-It was a joke! Honest!" Yang insisted, as Taiyang loomed over Jaune. His Aura began to burn like gold, and his eyes flashed red. Jaune gulped.

"R-Really! I swear, we're just friends!"

"The best of friends!" Pyrrha insisted, her polite smile very strained.

"Super Besties! That's all!" Ruby threw in, backing up against Jaune's chest and spreading her arms out as a shield. Jaune looked over to Ren for help, but the stoic boy shrugged.

Blake continued to look smug. Klein sighed.

"HEY GUYS!" Nick Arc boomed. He strode over towards them, the crowds parting for the giant man like the sea for a supertanker. Isabel and Willow walked just behind him, shooting each other angry glares. "How was skating? We tried a ring toss game, and then we-"

Taiyang turned and glared furiously at Nick. Nick stopped short, and scowled. Isabel's eyes widened in recognition, as Willow looked concerned.

"Nick Arc," Taiyang growled.

"Tai Xiao-Long," Nick boomed back, his eyes glowing.

What the hell is going on?! Weiss thought frantically, finding herself straying closer to Jaune.

The two men then grinned.

"You son of a bitch!" Nick laughed, walking up and holding up his hand.

"Same to you!" Taiyang chuckled, clasping hands with him. They grinned, then slammed their heads together. The impact was as loud as a gunshot, and many people turned to stare at the two.

Isabel sighed in some relief. Willow continued to frown.

Klein looked like he dearly wanted to roll his eyes as the two men hugged tightly.

"Hahahaha! You look great, Tai!" Nick cheered, slapping the shorter man on the back.

"And you look as healthy as ever!" Taiyang grinned. "You already meet my girls?"

"Yup! Fine young Huntresses-in-training!" Nick laughed. "Met my boy?"

"Yeah," Taiyang scowled at Jaune, who gulped. "He's dating my oldest!"

"It was a joke, really Dad!" Yang again insisted.

"Really Tai, you need to calm down," Isabel sighed, walking up to him. Tai stared at her for a moment and smiled.

"You look great, Isabel."

"As do you, thank you," Isabel replied with a smile. She hugged him. "Mm! Honestly, you were worrying us for a while. Not a word in years!"

"A word in-You guys were friends too?!" Ruby gasped.

"We were in Beacon at around the same time," Isabel explained.

Tai grinned.

"Your father had lived in the woods his whole life and didn't know was a flush toilet was."

"I figured it out just fine!" Nick pouted.

"And your mother was very civilized," Tai grinned, "A little too civilized."

"I loosened up, thank you very much," Isabel snorted, "You were just idiots! You and-"

"Oh hey Qrow!" Nick said with a wave. The dark haired man walked up, scratching his cheek as he eyed them blearily.

"Yo Nick, Izzy. Didn't know we were having a class reunion-URK!"

Nick hugged him tightly and laughed. Qrow coughed.

"N-Nice to see you too, big guy!"

"You just stopped talking after a while!" Nick complained, setting Qrow down. Tai frowned deeply, and looked to the side.

"Well... I mean... I tried, but... After Summer..."

A gloomy mood fell over the group. Qrow's face became stony, as did Nick's. Ruby and Yang both looked saddened. Weiss frowned and reached out to squeeze Ruby's shoulder. At the same time, Jaune took her hand. Yang's hand twitched at this, but she got a gentle, compassionate look from him. That let her relax a bit. Pyrrha looked solemn, as did Nora. Ren nodded his head and murmured a quiet Mistralian prayer. Blake gave her partner a compassionate expression as well.

Isabel hugged Tai again.

"It's all right," she said, "We can start back where we left off." She beamed and squeezed Taiyang's shoulder. He returned the smile. Qrow sighed as he pulled out his flask.

"Well, as long as you're not gonna pester me about the rules-"

Isabel's hand moved like a cobra and snatched away his flask. Qrow scowled.

"Hey!"

"Not in front of the children!" Isabel scolded him. Qrow glared and looked over at Nick.

"Nick, your wife's being mean to me!"

"Yes, she is," Nick observed with a grin.

"That's not unusual," Taiyang chuckled, immediately looking a lot better.

"You guys suck, you literally own a vineyard!"

"Which is why we can identify a problem drinker so easily," Isabel sniffed.

Taiyang turned back to his daughters and Jaune, and smiled. He held out his hand, and Jaune shook it.

"Nice to meet you, Jaune. Ruby writes to me about you all the time."

"Ah, she does?" Jaune asked.

"Only the good stuff!" Ruby insisted.

"So short letters?" Yang chuckled, wrapping an arm around Jaune's shoulders.

"There's plenty to write about!" Pyrrha insisted, scooting closer to Jaune.

Willow chuckled and a wistful smile came over her face. She caught Weiss's eye, and she shrugged gently. Weiss frowned a bit.

"Honestly, if they are dating you shouldn't worry, Tai," Isabel consoled Taiyang, "Jaune is a perfect gentleman!"

"So was Nick," Taiyang growled.

"Eh? I was?" Nick blinked.

"Compared to Tai and Qrow? Who wouldn't be?" Isabel sighed.

"HEY!" Both men protested.

"I-I swear, we're not dating!" Jaune insisted.

"Yet," Yang muttered to Jaune, making him turn red.

"So! Who's up for foam sword fighting?!" Nick asked cheerfully. Qrow sighed.

"Did you ever grow up?"

"Nope!" Nick grinned, "Sides, you're just afraid I'll beat you again."

Qrow's eyes narrowed. Taiyang coughed.

"Uh, Qrow-"

"You didn't beat me-"

"Yes I did!" Nick replied maturely. Qrow glared at him, flexing his fingers.

"You only won that one time because your wife threw a truck!"

Many eyes locked onto Isabel. She coughed.

"I was drunk!" She defended herself.

"How shameful," Willow smirked.

"Do not go there," Isabel glowered. Willow huffed.

"My money's on Nick wiping the floor with Xiao-Long's life partner."

"Brother-in-Law!" Taiyang said defensively. "Why does everyone make that assumption?! I married two different women for crying out loud!"

"Maybe they just think I'm slumming it," Qrow deadpanned.

"I'M THE ONE SLUMMING IT!"

The adults continued to argue childishly all the way over to the foam weapons dueling arena. Yang and Ruby met Jaune and Weiss's eyes. They all sighed.

"Do they have to act so immaturely?" Ruby grumbled.

"It's like they turn back into teenagers when they run into old friends," Jaune groaned.

Klein nodded with a wry smile.

"Sadly that is universal, Mister Arc."

"Seriously, getting all defensive like that! So what if I've got a boyfriend," Yang huffed.

"You don't," Weiss said angrily. Yang smirked and wrapped her arms around Jaune's. Pyrrha's eyebrow began to twitch.

"I could easily change that~."

"OKAY! Let's go somewhere else!" Jaune said quickly. "Th-That sounds fun, right? Let's do that!"

"YAY! Somewhere else!" Nora cheered.

"And stay clear of our parents for a while," Jaune mumbled.

"Why? How competitive could they be with foam weapons?" Weiss wondered.

A boom like thunder rang out. Qrow went flying into the air, holding a large foam broadsword. He shifted into the form of a bird and dove back, shifting back into human form to land a foam strike on Nick's massive foam bastard sword. The very ground rumbled from the impact.

"HA! Didn't even wind me!" Qrow taunted.

"That was just a warm up!" Nick taunted back.

Weiss, turning pale, grabbed Jaune's spare hand and began to pull him along.

"I see your point, go go go!"

- - -

Last edited:
Isabel Arc When Drunk
Isabel Arc can get drunk. She can adjust her internal biology to let it happen. Unfortunately when she's drunk...

Isabel: "JAAAAAAUUUUUUNNNNE!"

Jaune: "Ha?" Turns, pales "M-Mom-!"

Isabel: red faced, beaming, she leaps at him "JAUUUUUUNNNNEEE!"

Everyone else barely gets out of the way... Except for Jaune.

Jaune: "GAAAAHHHH!"

Isabel's tackle hug slams him into the ground, forming a crater. Isabel pulls herself and her son up and hugs him tightly, swinging him around.

Isabel: "My baby boy~! Oh my precious baby boy! Mommy loves you very, very much! Sooo muuuuuch!"

Jaune: "M-MOM! Cut it ouuuut!"

Isabel: sniffle "MY SON HATES ME! WAAAAAHHHH!"

Jaune: "N-NO! NO! OF COURSE I DON'T! I... I love Mom very much!"

Isabel: sob "OHHH JAUUUUUNE!" Again with the bone creaking hug

Jaune: "HURK!"

Ruby: "Ah, M-Mrs Arc, maybe you should-?"

Isabel: "CUTE PUPPY GIRL!" She pulls her into a hug too "YOU LIKE HUGS?!"

Ruby: "URK! L-Love 'em...!"

Isabel: "ME TOOOO!"

The Vytal Festival Reunion 3
- - -

"TEAMS RWBY AND JNPR!"

Everyone froze. Yang cringed. Jaune and Ruby, as team leaders, slowly turned their heads. A familiar stern looking blonde woman stood there, her ever present riding crop tapping impatiently against her crossed arms.

"We didn't do it!" Ruby blurted out.

"Then why have I been getting reports of mayhem around here?" Glynda asked dryly.

"It's not always OUR fault!" Blake stated, yellow eyes narrowing. "This smacks of prejudice-"

"How many students have gotten involved in fighting terrorists?" Glynda asked dryly. Blake winced. Weiss, who had taken public speaking classes, finally got a word in.

"It was for a good cause?" Weiss weakly suggested.

"Also, we have not been involved in any mayhem at all, Professor," Pyrrha said, putting her acting lessons to some good use. She was just convincing enough to sell a box of terrible cereal, after all. Though as her infamous role in The Invincible Girl demonstrated, very little else.

Glynda sniffed.

"Indeed? Then who else-?"

A large commotion broke out at the foam weapon dueling arena, and Glynda turned to face it. Out of the fenced off area came Isabel Arc, dragging Qrow and her husband out by their ears. Taiyang and Willow followed at a safe distance, both looking amused.

"Owowowow-Honey!" Nick groaned.

"NO! No more destruction!" Isabel huffed. "Honestly, can't I take you anywhere?"

"You're just mad because I was winning!" Qrow grunted, then winced as Isabel twisted his ear. "OWOWOW QUIT IT!"

She yanked them both up and slammed them down onto their feet. She scowled angrily as Nick looked contrite and Qrow scowled.

"I was not mad about anyone winning!" Isabel huffed. "Though my Nick definitely was."

"HA!" Nick stuck out his tongue at Qrow. Qrow glared and shook his head.

"You were not! You're just biased! Tai, I was totally winning, right?"

"Well, on one hand, I'd love to say you were," Tai said carefully, "But at the same time, I also remember when Izzy threw me out a window."

Isabel's cheeks turned bright red.

"I-That was an accident!" One of the best doctors and most fearsome Huntresses on the continent protested, looking in no way like a contrite teenage girl. "You barged in on me!"

"He did what now?" Nick asked, suddenly very serious as he glared at Taiyang. The blond martial artist coughed and shook his head rapidly.

"N-No! I just walked in on her in the shower-"

Nick went for his sword. Qrow rolled his eyes and held up a hand.

"Calm down, Nick! He left his shampoo behind. You know how he gets about his hair. He had the same girly shampoo Izzy did!"

"It is not girly!" Taiyang protested, "Floral accents can be very manly!"

"Yes, that's all it was," Isabel sighed, "So I knocked him out the window before he could explain. I was in a towel. He didn't see anything, Nick."

Nick relaxed, and was all smiles again.

"Sorry Taiyang. You are a bit of a womanizer-"

"It was two women! Just two!" Taiyang groaned.

"But they were at the same time, were they not?" Willow asked, amused. Taiyang coughed and looked to the side.

"No comment," he muttered.

"Ah, so he wanted the full team," Nick said with a sage nod. He beamed and gave them a thumbs up. "Congrats, Tai!"

"NO I DIDN'T!" Taiyang growled. "WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK THAT?!"

"Oh no Tai, don't seduce me with your himbo ways too!" Qrow laughed. He tried to sneak a drink with a back up flask, but once again Isabel snatched it. "OH COME ON!"

"None of that! You need to set a better example for your nieces!" Isabel huffed. Taiyang smirked and crossed his arms over his chest.

"I don't think you can talk about good examples, Izzy. You walked in on Nick in the shower all the time!"

Isabel flushed and coughed.

"Because he nearly drowned himself the first time he used a shower!"

"First time, sure," Tai sniffed. "What about the other times?"

"So did I, but you weren't trying to save me!" Qrow smirked.

"You had Tai for that!" Nick chuckled.

"DAMNIT NICK!" Tai groaned.

Glynda watched the so-called adults argue for a bit longer. She sighed and pushed her glasses up to pinch the bridge of her nose.

"I see," she muttered. "Mister and Mrs. Arc? Mister Xiao-Long? Mister Branwen? Mrs. Schnee?"

Nick turned and beamed.

"GLYNDA! GREAT TO SEE YOU!" He cried happily. In an instant, he was upon her and hugging her tightly. The much slighter woman yelped, then used her telekinesis to pull his arms apart and back away.

"It's good to see you too, Nick," Glynda sighed, "And you as well, Isabel, Taiyang..."

She stared at Qrow.

"Qrow."

"Sup Glynda?" Qrow asked with a grin. Glynda raised an eyebrow at Willow.

"Mrs. Schnee."

"Hello Professor," Willow said with a smile, "Sorry. We're just catching up."

"Yes, I can see that," Glynda deadpanned. She sighed and looked back at RWBY and JNPR. Jaune, Ruby, and Yang were in various states of mortification. Weiss was sipping tea Klein had provided to calm herself, while Nora was pouting at the fight being interrupted. Ren remained stoic, patting Jaune's shoulder, as Pyrrha patted his other one consolingly. Blake was hiding her smirk as best she could.

"I see that you are not resposible for the mayhem here..." Glynda's eyes narrowed. "So far."

"We'll keep it that way?" Ruby offered weakly.

"See that you do," Glynda sighed. She turned back to Nick, who was beaming. "Please try to control yourself, Nick? I'm sure I don't need to give you another detention over the appropriate amount of strength to use?"

"Hey," Nick huffed, "I didn't start that door breaking contest! Tai did!"

"I have no idea what he's talking about," Tai said, looking up at the sky as the picture of innocence.

"I haven't heard this one," Willow said with a soft smile. Isabel sighed and rubbed her temples.

"No, you haven't. It's stupid."

"That's par for the course for all our stories, ain't it?" Qrow asked.

"Sad but true," Isabel groaned. She smiled weakly at Glynda. "Nice to see you again, Glynda."

"Likewise.... Mostly," Glynda allowed.

"So! How's my boy doing?" Nick asked cheerfully.

"DAD!" Jaune groaned. Glynda shook her head.

"Better than at the start."

"That's great!" Nick cheered. "Better than I could have hoped for! Great job, son!"

"Yeah, thanks Dad," Jaune managed weakly but with a genuine smile on his face. He shared it with Glynda, who gave the slightest hint of a smile back.

"You were always so great with kids!" Nick enthused, patting her on the shoulder, "I bet you're a great mom and wife, too!"

A pause.

"I'm single," Glynda stated flatly. Nick shrugged.

"Oh! Good for you!"

"It can be preferable in some instances," Willow opined, staring intently at Nick, "Though not in others."

"Yes, isn't it," Isabel growled, grabbing Nick's hand and shooting daggers from her eyes at Glynda. The green eyed blonde coughed.

"I uh... I'm not looking for anything like that with..." She gestured to Nick.

"Good," Isabel stated quietly.

Nora looked between the adults, and then slapped her hands against her cheeks.

"Oh my Gods," Nora cried, "PROFESSOR GOODWITCH ALSO HAD A CRUSH ON JAUNE'S DAD?!"

"No, of course not!" Glynda sputtered. "That's ridiculous!"

"Yes, yes, who would have a crush on him? N-Not me, that's for certain!" Willow laughed awkwardly.

Silence fell. Nick blinked in confusion and looked between all three women. Taiyang groaned. Qrow hid his laughter.

Nick chuckled and squeezed his wife against himself.

"You ladies should catch up! WHO WANTS TO PLAY BASEBALL? They've got a batting cage!" He cried.

"OOH! OOH! ME! ME!" Nora cheered.

"Good enough for me! Let's go!" Nick laughed. Taiyang and Qrow helped usher RWBY and JNPR away, leaving Glynda, Isabel and Willow in a stand off. Glynda shook her head at the deadly expression Isabel wore.

"I promise you, Isabel, I have zero interest in your husband," Glynda said.

"Not that there's anything wrong with that," Willow laughed, again very awkwardly.

Isabel sucked in a deep breath, and slowly nodded.

"Of course not," she said, managing a deadly smile, "Neither one of you has any interest... Nor had any chance."

Glynda's eyes narrowed.

"I wouldn't go that far."

"Neither would I!" Willow insisted. "You know, if things were different-"

"If they were, we wouldn't be having this pleasant conversation right now," Isabel said, a bit too cheerful as she clenched her fists. "For various reasons. Like mortal injuries."

Glynda sighed.

"You do realize I'm more powerful than you, right?"

"Oh?" Isabel asked, eyes narrowed, "Would you like to put that to the test?"

"I was pretty powerful back in the day myself, you know," Willow huffed. Isabel rolled her eyes.

"That why you needed us to save you every time one of your Glyphs failed?"

"They didn't fail all the time!" Willow sputtered.

"And as I recall, all of our matches were inconclusive, Isabel," Glynda stated, her tone dangerous. Isabel smirked and cracked her knuckles.

"Because I never took them too seriously, Glynda. Do you want me to change that?"

- - -

Yang looked up at her father as he ushered the teenagers into the batting cages.

"Uh, Dad? There a reason we ran away so quickly from them?"

"Yes," Tai said with haunted eyes. Nick patted him on the shoulder.

"Oh absolutely," Nick concurred. "But I'm sure they'll sort it out without killing each other."

"They always have," Taiyang sighed.

"You know, they're like this because you two are freaking harem protagonists," Qrow stated.

"How could that be?" Nick asked, "I only settled down with one woman! That's not a harem!"

"Same! I only married them one at a time!" Taiyang sputtered.

Qrow rolled his eyes.

"And oblivious ones, too..." He glared at Jaune. "Hey, Kid! You'd better not turn out like these two idiots!"

"Um, sure?" Jaune said with a shrug, "What are the odds of that happening, anyway?"

Yang smirked. Ruby blushed. Weiss pretended to be very interested in the statistics of the Valean Mountaineers Baseball Team, which was having another rotten season. Pyrrha's smile became a bit brittle as she hid a blush. Blake had cracked open a smut book and wasn't paying attention. Nora was already screaming at the non-existent umpire when Ren got a strike.

Qrow sighed.

"Godsdamnit, Kid..."

- - -

Nicholas "Nick" Arc: Backstory
Nicholas "Nick" Arc does not remember his original name. He was never told it. His earliest memories were at an orphanage run by a miserly scumbag named Heep in the city of Camelot on the island nation of Vytal (Also called Albion by the natives). He and the other orphans were beaten, starved, and used as cheap labor for factories and mines, while Heep reaped all the benefits and lied to the crown about how he spent his funding. The orphans were horribly abused. In sheer desperation, at the age of five, Nick ran away.

He stowed away on a freighter going across the Vytal channel to the Valean mainland. He disembarked into Gallia Province and survived on the mean streets of the provincial capital city, Lutetia, as a thief. He was caught by the police but managed to squeeze his way out of his cell and ran. He fell into a river, hit his head and was washed out to the countryside. He woke up in a monastery, where an old monk in armor with swords was tending to him.

Nick was shocked and didn't know why the old man was being so nice. So he asked why.

The old man said this was how it should be between all peoples. That they should treat one another with kindness and love. Nick was absolutely amazed at this. That anyone could think like this.

He asked if it was hard. The old man said it was the hardest thing a man could do... But overcoming challenges of this nature was what a man SHOULD do.

A Grimm burst into the monastery. Nick was terrified, but the old man killed the beast with one swing of his sword. Amazed, Nick saw how tall and strong this man stood. How he had not felt any fear or hesitated to strike down the monster. Nick begged the man to learn how to be so strong, and so kind. The old man smiled, and agreed.

The old man was named Ser Jaune Saint George. He was a Paladin-Monk of the Church of the Broken Table. He had been a mighty knight in the Great War, and had defended the Valean homeland as a soldier of the Valean Defense Force. He was famous for slaying a Grimm Dragon when he was young, a feat few could claim to have survived. But after the war, after all the pain and death he had seen and caused, he repented and became a solitary monk to atone. He trained Nick not just in swordplay, but also in helping others. They went to weed gardens, deliver milk, fix fences, plow fields, and other tasks and chores to aid the local people. Through this, Nick found a love of aiding others and in defending the weak.

He read the Good Book and some Mistralian comics that washed ashore, as well as tales of the saintly paladins of old, and swore he would become a great hero just like them.

When he turned seventeen, Jaune Saint George told Nick he had gotten him a place at Beacon Hunter Academy, as Jaune was old friends with Ozpin. Nick managed to pass the entrance exam, and then walked the several hundred mile journey down to Vale itself. During Initiation, he became partners with Isabel Arc, an aspiring doctor who had gone to Beacon to be a combat medic and get experience and money for her dream. At first Isabel was completely exasperated with Nick: While his master Jaune Saint George was a kind old man and a great teacher, he was also a hermit and had not taught Nick much about social graces or modern technology.

Yet Nick was a kindhearted if sometimes naive young man, who earnestly strove to help others. He was also loyal to a fault (though terrible with money and figures). He also had an incredible gift for combat: While a bit of an airhead and rather impulsive, in battle he was calm, focused, and fearless. As well as incredible adaptive and powerful. He and Isabel grew to become friends, and Isabel even let Nick use her last name as he had never had one of his own.

He did struggle a bit with Arjun Sarkara, his other teammate. Arjun's goal was to take back his kingdom from the Mistral backed Kauravas family, mobsters who had long coveted his family's kingdom and backed by Mistalian politicians who wanted its riches. The exiled crown prince of the kingdom of Pandu was arrogant and regarded Nick as a simpleton swinging a sword around.

They became rivals, striving to outdo the other. Arjun also mistreated Saia, his only remaining servant and the last teammember of Team SANI (Sanguine). They fought and argued relentlessly. Nick got along just fine with Saia, which irritated Arjun even more.

Team SANI was at first quite dysfunctional, as Isabel, while leader, tried too hard, Nick was too hotblooded, Arjun too arrogant, and Saia too meek to be an effective peacemaker. Over the years though, they went through battles with Grimm, Bandits, and other foes, and began to bond. They became the first Hunters in a century to kill a Grimm Hydra awakened near Radian, and were able to save Isabel's hometown.

This great feat when they were only third years at Beacon attracted Ozpin's attention, and he sought to make them another of his personal strike forces in the war against Salem. This became untenable though, when Team SANI realized Arjun's dream: Working with the local resistance and several other allies, they snuck into Pandu and overthrew the Kauravas. Mistral's government, upon seeing how these four young people had defeated an entire ARMY of hardened gangsters, decided to play nice and pretend they had never wanted them in charge instead of Arjun's family.

The sheer political headaches Team SANI had brought about ensured Ozpin would not employ them as his personal strike force, much preferring Team STRQ. They at least caused a bit less collateral damage... Overall.

Arjun and Saia, having fallen in love, married and Arjun was crowned King of Pandu. Nick and Isabel returned to Radian, where Nick proposed and Isabel accepted. Their own romance had been... Unconventional, to say the least. But it was a deep and abiding love they had for one another. Nick said that his brain and his heart didn't often communicate properly, but they always did their best around Isabel.

Isabel completed her doctorate in medicine with Nick's support, even as they had eight children. Nick became captain of Radian's militia, and was a popular figure around Radian. Isabel realized her dream to open a hospital in her ancestral castle, Arc-En-Ciel, and began to help and heal people across Remnant. Nick was very easy going with his wife, and only asked a few things of her. One of them being to name their first and only son, Jaune, after his beloved mentor and adopted father, who passed away peacefully from old age shortly after Nick and Isabel were married.

His primary weapon is a six foot long railgun sword named Blont Joyeux, or "Yellow Joy", in honor of his wife and later family. He also carries a few other swords he has collected over the years, ranging from short swords to zweihanders. In combat, despite his height and large muscular form, he can be very precise, fast and cunning with his longswords. He has immense Aura reserves and is incredibly strong and tough, even without armor. He can use Aura Slashes and Thrust techniques, emitting his Aura energy as a weapon at medium range. He keeps a smaller sword as a sidearm to defend against close up opponents rather than a shield. His Semblance remains a mystery to his friends and family: His incredible stamina, his superhuman durability, his unbreakable willpower are all potentially his Semblance.

However, Nick maintains his Semblance is "Being Awesome" and it's always on. Which is enough for him.

- - -

Lutetia is an ancient Roman name for Paris.

Jaune Saint George is a reference to Saint George, who according to legend slew a dragon.

Arjun, Saia, Pandu and the Kauravas are all references to the Indian epic the Mahabharata.

Nicholas himself is named for Nicholas Nickleby, a Charles Dickens character. Heep is named for Uriah Heep, the antagonist of David Copperfield, another Dickens novel.

Cowboys of Remnant: When Jauney Met Orly
Cowboys of Remnant: When Jauney Met Orly

She knew that she was perfect. She was the strongest, the swiftest, the most beautiful horse in all the herds of the Great Green Plains, a direct descendant of Epona and Shadowfax, Queen and King of All Horses. Her chestnut coat was glossy and full, her hooves shiny and sharp. She had slain Elder Grimm with one almighty kick of her back legs! With the power of her soul enhancing her, she could outrace any other creature on land, run on water, and even speed through the air if she so choosed!

Which was why she couldn't believe that she was unable to buck this human off of her back. She'd seen the massive cloud of dust on the horizon and had grown curious. against the warnings of her sire and dam, she'd galloped towards it, curious, and found the massive herd of cows, being guarded by humans riding her inferior brethren. She had nothing but disdain for the horses who allowed themselves to be ridden and had approached them to mock them. That was when the lasso had passed over her neck and the human had jumped on. That was when their battle of wills had begun.

The yellow-haired ape clung to her with tenacity and grit that she had never experienced from its kind before. Many a human had tried to capture and break her over the two years she'd strode the world but she had resisted them all, throwing them to the earth and escaping into the wind. A free and wild horse such as herself would never accept a rider.

But the human on her back was tenacious, egged on by his companions as they shouted encouragement to him. His silly legs, completely lacking in hooves, clamped tightly around her midsection and his rope wound around her neck. She could feel his soul scratch against hers, as he empowered himself enough to resist her twisting and jumping. She could feel his fear and hope and determination as their souls collided again and again. But strangely, no greed or avarice, like so many of the other humans who had tried to break her. Regardless of his motives though, she WOULD NOT allow herself to be chained to a disgusting little ape. Her life belonged to her and only her.

And so, she ran.

She ran away from the massive herd of cows and the other humans and horses. She galloped faster and faster across the plains, daring the ape on her back to stay there as she picked up speed.

And he still remained, despite the fear swelling in his chest.

In the distance, she saw the steep cliffs of a plateau rising up above her, and angled towards them. She felt the human's fear spike as she ran straight at the cliff face, before he was filled with disbelief as she ran right up the wall. As though this would be a challenge. With the light of her soul empowering her, she could run anywhere, on anything.

And yet, the human remained, his rope forgotten as he wrapped his arms around her neck and held on for dear life.

Well, if that wouldn't get rid of him, then she just needed to try a little harder. She still had plenty of energy left.

In the distance, she spied a lake and rushed headlong towards it. Once again, the human's soul filled with fear but also... trust? Trust in her. She ignored the strange feelings that realization woke in her chest and galloped ever faster. She expected him to leap from her back as soon as he saw where she was taking him, but he still he clung to her, even as the lake grew closer and closer. She tore through the sandy shore and leapt into the surf, moving so fast and so lightly that the water was all but solid to her hooves.

And yet, he remained, still fearful but full of wonder and exhilaration as well.

She couldn't allow this! He didn't own her! She would never accept a rider! She was tiring but her determination brought out deep wells of strength and she ran on.

In the distance, she spied her last hope, the great waterfalls where the lake poured off of the edge of the plateau. She sped up even further, the wind tearing at her as much as she tore through it. She could feel the exact moment the human saw the falls, as his fear spiked even higher than before. But then, it was pushed aside. His fear was resisted by his courage, which in turn was bolstered by his confidence and trust. In her. He believed wholeheartedly that the both of them would be fine. The air screamed as she leapt over the edge of the falls and the human screamed with it. His cries changed to a whoops of disbelief and amazement as she began running on the wind.

Her rider remained mounted on her back, arms thrown wide and howling with joy and freedom. And she, despite all her efforts, was exhausted

She descended back to the earth, slowing down to a canter, then a trot, then a walk, before coming to a stop at the banks of the river that flowed out from the falls. Her sides shuddered with exhaustion and lather poured from her mouth as she lowered her head to drink.

Her rider dismounted and stumbled away, eventually falling on his rear before collapsing onto his back, panting as though he'd been the one doing the running. She snorted in amusement at him. Strangely, she felt no desire to escape from him. He'd won, after all.

The human laughed an exhausted laugh, staring up at the brilliant blue sky. "Looks like I tuckered you out, eh girl?"

She snorted again and gave him a sidelong glare but didn't contest him. He'd absolutely tired her out.

He rested a bit longer before slowly getting to his feet and staggering over towards her, hand outstretched. She raised her head from the river as he approached, letting him run his fingers through her luxurious mane and up her neck to her head. He scratched behind her ears before moving down to rub her face. It was a most pleasing sensation, so she allowed it.

"Gonna need a name for you, girl," He murmured. "Howabout... Brownie?"

She bit him.

"Ow! Damn! Okay okay, not Brownie. Maybe... Chestnut?"

She bit him again.

"Ow! Breaker's balls that hurts!" He scowled while shaking out his hand before returning to rub her face. "Okay, what about... Cliffjumper?"

She shook her head.

"Hmm, Wavestrider?"

Another shake.

"Uh, Windrunner?"

Another shake.

"Widowmaker?"

A pause for consideration, before a reluctant shake.

"Uhhhhh... Sue?"

She chomped him extra hard for that one.

He took a moment to massage his aching hand and really think. "What do you think about Orleans? Orly for short?"

She paused, considering it, before finally nodding.

Her rider's grin put the sun to shame.

"Pleased to meet you Orleans. My name's Jaune. I'm honored to be your rider."

Orleans tilted her head at him before nuzzling his face. She... was strangely happy to have him.

Now, what was she supposed to tell her sire and dam?

latest

ok, but how is she holding the slipper without hands and why is she chasseing him?

In her mouth, to play fetch with him and since Jaune hasn't met her yet he's freaking out.

Some morning prompts:

-Aqua Arc and her little family of adventurers come to visit Jaune at Beacon.

-Cardin desperately asks Jaune for advice on romance. Jaune is like WTF?

-Jaune asks Yang to train him, and Yang agrees so she can learn more about Pyrrha to hopefully beat her one day. Jaune wants Yang to train him because he feels that Pyrrha is holding back on him and he wants to learn how to take hits from someone who WON'T hold back. They bond.

-Ruby and Jaune try a joint gaming stream together now that they know eachother's identities.

-Weiss has a few unusual relatives of her own. Including Cousin Dante and Cousin Virgil...

-Ozpin is bored and so has the teams swap leaders around. Now Jaune is leading Weiss, Yang, and Blake while Ruby is leading Pyrrha, Ren, and Nora. Shenanigans ensue.

-Lines of Succession: Blake and Pyrrha finally have a chat.

-Cowboys of Remnant: RWBY and JNPR are assigned a job to protect some cattle ranchers as they bring their herds into market. Jaune shows a very different side of himself on this job...

-Ren is seen as a rival by Dove for "Stoic Cool Guy". Ren was unaware he even had a rival and isn't sure what to do.

-Pure chaos is unleashed upon Beacon, makes Ozpin wish he was the one to jump in the Grimm pools.

-The rest of the teams watch as Jaune gives actual top tier advice, like if Jaune wanted he could get any girl he wanted but is to much of a good noodle boi to do so. (it just makes him more appealing)

-They become besties, like they can both drop their walls, relax and feel safe with each other, they also banter and rib each other like crazy, sometimes they drop into flirting and the fires ignite to dangerous levels, like you feel like you should leave the room as those to are about to start going at it levels of hot, it hasn't happened yet but it's been close a number of times, both know and feel a spark between them but they are being dorks about it, Blake is trying to push them together because it's better that her books, Pyrrha and Ruby are close to removing eight of her nine lives but she is a slippery little bugger.

-Chat messes with them and makes everything they say and do sound like they are flirting with each other.

-Jaune is super effective but the girls are driving him to drink (Yang approves), poor Ruby struggles with _NPR not because they are being difficult but because they are all 10 steps ahead of her and are a well oiled machine (all credit to Jaune) Ruby stars to feel useless and is just being a burden.

-Neptune suggest a kiddy pool filled with baby oil and skimpy swim ware, Nora on the other hand suggest a WWF style wrestling match.

-If the girls were hot and bothered before then they ain't seen nothing yet, also Nora keeps trying to dress Ren up as a cowboy.

-Winter expected many things but being basically kidnapped by the Arc matriarch and not so subtlety pushed to marrying her son and make a horde of babies was not one of them.

-He asks Jaune what to do, Jaune gives him a book and a lessons (with slide shows) on "What To Do With Rivals" by (insert Arc family member here).

YES! I would love to see this, you need to get Salem and Ozpin fight him and win only to reveal it's a Doombot and get jumped by the real Jaune where he hands them their asses.

Nicole polendina strives to be the best.

She is fast, she is strong, she can perform advanced calculations within seconds.

Her records are spotless and none of her superiors have any complaints.

And yet, her father only talks about her sister.

She never met Penny. But she has heard much about the prototype. She disobeyed superiors, she let her nature be revealed to non-atlas personnel, she died.

But according to her father Penny was his greatest creation despite her flaws.

Nicole tries to show she is better. She obeys orders flawlessly, she doesn't interact with civilians so there are no risks of information leaks, she constantly updates her fighting algorithms so she will not die.

And still her father looks at her with disappointment.

What did she do wrong?

Nicole polendina never met Penny polendina.

And in her most human moments she admits to herself that part of her is glad.

With the revelation that Isabel regularly walked into Nick while he was showering during Beacon days… Plus the revelation that Saia regularly sniffs Arjun's laundry when she does it (among other things)

I have to ask what sort of mad cacophony can we expect from these two perverts when the topic of their male comes up.

Do they argue about who fucks them better?

Do they kinkshame each other to a catfighting degree?

Do they both swear secrecy to each others and cover each other's tracks when it looks like anyone will catch them in their perversions?

Do they form a monopoly on any pornography on their man and ruthlessly crush and obliterate any who try to "pirate" with extreme prejudice?

The Leader Switch
Jaune is an effective team leader, it's just that having to lead team WBY is rapidly turning him homicidal.

Meanwhile, Ruby has a massive, massive inferiority complex over how well-oiled NPR are and how they credit Jaune for it. Alternating cooking days, each team member taking turns with their hobbies, friendship weapons (like bracelets, but lethal), "let's make fun of Pyrrha's commercials" nights, etc.

Now I need a fan fic like this.

———

Jaune wasn't sure how long he could take it anymore. Ever since after the dance, Professor Ozpin decided to make the teams at Beacon switch leaders with another team of their choice in their same year. Naturally being sister teams his team and team RWBY had chosen each other for the switch.

And only 4 days later, Jaune was regretting ever agreeing to it. Team RWBY, no offense to Ruby, was an absolute disaster. He wasn't even sure how Ruby even led them. All three of them were completely incapable of working together.

Oh for sure they were skilled fighters and could execute combo attacks with each other, but after two missions Jaune was absolutely certain. They had no idea how to actually fight together.

Sure they all trusted each other to fight but all of them fought as three separate individuals that occasionally supported each other but did not fight as a group. If one of them were to be ambushed they wouldn't even know it till after it had occurred. Absolutely no cohesion between any of them. The only exception MIGHT, and it was a very big one, was Weiss when she occasionally used glyphs to help the others take out bigger targets. But even then that was as far as it went.

He'd already made up several recommendations and training exercises for them to practice. Which he'd also be giving to Ruby later. Hopefully it's help them learn to fight together better.

But if only that was the only major issue. No there were also several other problems as well. Weiss was constantly trying to take over command, second question his orders, and would regularly incite conflict within the Team. Mainly with Yang, though Yang was also usually at fault for starting it while Weiss would end up escalating it. Blake, meanwhile, was far too indifferent to just about everything and was content to sit out of everything unless it involved the White Fang. Even when it involved discussions about missions and just about anything that involved something he said. Yang, meanwhile, would constantly joke and belittle everything. While also being on an extremely short fuse when set off.

How at all Team RWBY did as well as they did, Jaune didn't know. Ok, that was a lie, he knew exactly why. It was because individually they were all top tier fighters. And when something they couldn't take on came up Ruby would take lead and come up with some crazy plan that'd manage to work. But that kind of convenience mentality was going to get them killed. Even more so right now with them constantly doubting his orders. Both because they had gotten used to not being ordered and also because of his transcripts.

Which he could understand, after all, he was a fraud and had cheated his way into Beacon. His record Professor Goodwitch's Combat Class was self-explanatory, but they could at least acknowledge that he was the top when it came to leadership class.

And that wasn't even to mention how they were off missions. Arguments were extremely common with Weiss almost always being a part of it. And while Yang and Blake rarely fought, they didn't seem to interact that much either.

Yang would regularly head out to Vale to party and he'd already had to pick her up twice. Perhaps it was because she no longer had to worry about Ruby seeing her.

Blake would spend as much time as possible either reading her books or searching info on the White Fang and dragging the Team into fighting them. Something he had to put his foot down on as he wasn't about to have all of them arrested for vigilantism and cause property destruction on a mass scale. He'd had heard enough from their tales to know how it was going to end and he might as well save Professor Goodwitch the trouble of inevitably bailing them out and repairing the destruction they'd cause.

Weiss was at least far tamer in that regard and while yes he did have a crush on her, which he was getting over… slowly. He also couldn't help but be frustrated by the environment that she sometimes create around herself and her teammates. Sure he did see moments were Weiss would laugh and enjoy being part of her team, but compared to the other two she was also the one to create conflict the most.

He understood why though, a leftover effect of her home life due to her father and a desire to keep things in control. As a result he had to be the mediator over a dozen times already and keep everything as chill as possible.

Oh gods, he was making jokes like Yang! He just hoped Ruby was having a better time at it than he was.

———

Ruby was lost. She didn't know what to do and if anything, she was honestly feeling a bit left out and almost useless as a leader. If anything it was almost as if Team _NPR didn't even need a leader. It was like watching a well oiled machine at work. They knew how to work together, how to react to changing situations, and even to unknown ones.

Heck! They had over a dozen scenarios of how to respond should anyone one of them be knocked out of a fight. And the way they fought was also far more impressive than her own Team had ever been. Watching Pyrrha either take the vanguard position to cover for Nora as she switched to her grenade launcher to both fire at massed Grimm or too reload before jumping back as Nora rushed in with Shock and Awe to break heavier targets and keep lighter ones at bay. Allowing Pyrrha to care of distant or aerial Grimm. All while Ren dove in and out of the horde, keeping their numbers at a manageable level and occasionally planting bombs on more dangerous Grimm before it could reach Pyrrha and Nora.

It was all so seamless, like a well maintained and oiled mechashift weapon. And it made her feel useless. Jaune's team was too perfect. They covered each other's weakness and each of them knew when to cover the other. They could have completed their mission without a single help from her. Not only because they were strong, but because Jaune had made sure that his team if needed could work without him. They didn't need combo attacks because they were always fighting together, and only occasionally fought alone. A complete contrast to her team.

And that wasn't even counting how close knit they were. Even closer than her own team. Pyrrha was akin to an older sister to Ren and Nora while Ren was also the responsible brother when Jaune was away and kept watch over everyone. Sure Nora was a bit of a wildcard but apparently one that Ren and Jaune could mitigate fairly well as Ren always seemed to listen to Ren and Pyrrha only had to bring up something that Jaune had said to keep Nora under control. And even then they didn't try to suffocate her and would still let her have her fun, and would even join in at times. And Ruby couldn't be more jealous of how well Jaune led his team. His wasn't a group of friends like hers. His was an actual family. Perhaps a part of it was due to Ren and Nora being orphans, but for some reason, she was pretty sure they'd have still ended up the same even if they weren't.

Ruby turned to look at their team scheduler and all the things that were on it. Days on which who took care of laundry, cleaning, who was cooking -though that one only had Jaune, Pyrrha, and Ren on it-, and even when and with who they'd train. Not to mention that they all had friendship bracelets -curtesy of Jaune- that had their names on it!

After seeing all this, Ruby honestly couldn't tell if she'd ever been a leader of her team or if she'd just been a figurehead. Perhaps she could ask Jaune for help.

———

So I think I made Team JNPR much more sane and perfect than Team RWBY but to be fair Team RWBY was a wreck early on and the only real conflict JNPR has was when Cardin blackmailed Jaune. So yeah, I'm relatively happy how this one turned out.

All right then. Some new prompts:

-Arthur Watts stole the plans for Penny and created his own adorable gynoid daughter for Salem! But she's a bit too wholesome and kind to help with destroying mankind...

-Weiss is depressed on the anniversary of her favorite uncle's death (Warden Schnee) at the hands of the White Fang. Her friends try to comfort her.

-Nick takes his son to the grave marker for his namesake, Jaune St. George.

-On impulse and thanks to some advice from Blake, Nora tries to make Ren jealous enough to make a move.

-Isabel and Nick Arc becoming part-time teachers at Beacon was supposed to be a good thing as it meant they supported Jaune's dream... But now he has to put up with everyone commenting on how HOT HIS PARENTS ARE!

-Cowboys of Remnant: Yang is frustrated her aggressive flirting is getting her nowhere with Jaune. Blake suggests that maybe she should try another approach. Jaune after all had to deal with aggressive prostitutes on thr Frontier, meaning sexually aggressive girls are warning signs. So what if Yang tried to be more demure? Modest? Wholesome?

The good news is, it works really well and Jaune is entranced. Bad news is... Blake gave the same advice to the other women interested in Jaune.

-Cardin manages to save Velvet's life at the fall of Beacon and they're kind of stuck together as they try to help retake the city.

-Roman Torchwick does have a cover identity. An Uncle Alex... Whom one Jaune Arc, his "nephew", is very fond of.

-Rusted Knight Jauns runs into other versions of his friends from other timelines in the Ever After.

-Cowboys of Remnant: Yang is frustrated her aggressive flirting is getting her nowhere with Jaune. Blake suggests that maybe she should try another approach. Jaune after all had to deal with aggressive prostitutes on thr Frontier, meaning sexually aggressive girls are warning signs. So what if Yang tried to be more demure? Modest? Wholesome?
This might be interesting on how different prostitutes are viewed in the community/culture where Cowboy Jaune is from.

The New Teacher
The muse has struck. I humbly present: The New Teacher

For one Ruby Rose, getting admitted early into Beacon was a blessing and a curse in equal measure. A blessing, for now she'd be with her sister! And a curse, for she was two years too early and nono of her buddies from Signal were there.

Yang did try to help her, however "come on sis, it's gonna be fine~! You'll make new friends quick"

Ruby looked up from her sulking "Will I?"

Yang grinned confidently "Of course! Ohlookmyoldbuddiesbye!" Without missing a beat, the eldest sister was engulfed in a crowd of her old school buddies

Ruby had no time to stay dejected, for quickly a blonde boy sat beside her

"eep!" Ruby jumped in her own skin

The boy, slightly pale from motion sickness, only menaged a response between breathless reeaves "Sorry to- hrgk! -spook you" he weakly extended his hand "Jaune Arc"

Ruby looked between the boy's hand and his pained expression "Ruby Ro-" before she even finished her words, his hand shot back to his face in an attempt to hold back the tide of bile rising from his upset stomach.

For a moment, it looked like Jaune was about to make a mess on the floor with his breakfast, but in the last second a hand shot in front of his face, a barf bag now positioned between him and the floor

Jaune let go, his embarrasment and a mess on the floor thankfully averted. "oh thank you, Miss...?" He trailed off as the two teens looked to Jaune's unlikely saviour

She was tall and pale as a ghost, her raven black hair broken up by strips of grey, smartly dressed in a neat suit like a new employee going for a job interview, her only other distintive characteristic an large scar around her neck, like her head had been surgically attached to her body

"Frees, Caroline Frees." She smilled warmly before handing more barf bags to Jaune "There's more barf bags on the aft bulkhead" she pointed vaguely thst way "Honestly kid, motion sickness isn't that rare even with Aura, every airship has a barf bag dispenser somewhere"

Ruby stared confused "You're not a student."

"Well shit! I didn't even start and already look the part? I'm getting a good feeling about this job~" Caroline preened while seeting down on the oposite side of Ruby from Jaune

Ruby, and to a lesser degree Jaune, brightened up "Oh! You're a teacher? What class is yours?" Ruby asked excitedly

"Structural and Weapons Engineering" Carol's smugness was so obvious it could be heard

Ruby's eyes were stars "Ooooh~! Wait, didn't we have that in Combat School?"

"That was Weapon Smithing, my course is far more technical and... experimental. Plus, I also teach y'all how to build and fix infrastructure. You'd be surprised how ofted hunters gotta build bridges or repair curtain walls."

Jaune piped up "Oh, Uncle Anderson tells me about that all the time!" at Carol's raised eyebrow, he continued "He's a paladin of the Broken Table"

"Oh, that makes sense" Carol nodded sagely

The rest of the trip was overtaken by Ruby and Carol nerding out over a gamut of technicalities of mechashift and weapon design.

Upon arrival Carol gave both youth a pat on the back "Chin up! I can tell you both got what it takes to get in! Now, I gotta go greet my new boss, so no shenenigans on your first day alright?"

Ruby gave an excited salute, followed clisely by a slightly less excited Jaune

It didnt take a minute after Carol left before she heard an explosion. She aighed and shook her head, kids will be kids afterall.

Making her way to the vice-headmisstress' office was somewhat difficult, as Beacon lacked proper signage in its halls, something Carol was displeased about and made a mental note to make known to her new employers in the near future.

She knocked softly on the door. "Enter" Glynda Goodwitch answered from within

"Miss Goodwitch? I was told to report to you?"

"Please Caroline, just Glynda will do. Have a seat, please."

Carol sat down on the too small chair for her, while Glynda got up and served both a hot cup of coffee, when both ladies where sat, It didn't take a sip for Carol's face to scrunch up

"What in the seven hells is this flat swill?"

Glynda looked up at her new hire "Not your liking?"

"Not to my liking? How can YOU drink this slop?! This is no coffee, it's just dirty water with a ghost of a coffee's taste! I've had cups on work sites that tasted better than this! And they came from Atlas! No one on that tea-drinking HELL knows what a proper cuppa joe tastes like even if it hit then in the face! Fuck!" Carol wound down from her impromptu rant on Atlas' poor coffee culture and stared apologetically at her boss "I'm sorry, what were we talking about?"

Glynda chuckled "Your new job"

"ah, right..." Carol looked haunted

"It's fine Miss Frees, with the amount of... personalities we deal daily with here at Beacon, yours is a very refreshing break. Now, I reviewed you class curriculum and while I personally found it bare bones as is, I assume you did so in order to adapt to any eventualities?"

To her credit, Carol menaged to hide the fact that she whipped up the entire thing in an afternoon while drunk off her ass very well "Indeed that is so, I wanted to get a feel for how things are done here at Beacon this first semester before putting down a more detailed plan" she lied as easily as she breathed

Glynda found herself nodding along "Very prudent Miss Frees, can I call you Caroline?"

"Please, just Carol is fine. What about my package? Did it arrive?"

"It has been left in the main hangar, you should have access to it with you teacher's credentials"

"Good, good. What about my room? I did send the measurements for the furniture like you asked?"

Glynda cringed "About that..."

Later, in the evening, Ruby found herself beside her sister, retelling the events of the day alongside Jaune

"And then we met Weiss Schnee!"

Yang just short of laughed "Wow, meeting the new teacher and a world star in the same day, at least you aren't as lucky as Uncle Qrow"

"Hey, I met Pyrrha Nikos and my uncles are famous too!" Jaune said with a dopey smile

Yang chuckled "Yea but they're all weirdoes Vomit Boy and the Invincible Girl is way outta your league"

"Remember what I said Farm Boy" came from beside them under a window

the three startled teens turned to look at their bedroll neighbour, Carol

Yang was the first to break the ice "Why is a teacher here? Don't you have a room?"

Carol put down the gun she was fiddling with "The powers that be forgot to put the right sized furniture in my fucking room"

"Lenguage" Ruby chimed in

"Oh, go bark at another fucking tree, we're all adults here" Carol reaponded, still annoyed at menagement

"I'm sixteen" Ruby answered, now also annoyed

"Well, congrats, you're an adult to the rest of the world, want a cookie with that?"

The mention of cookies turned Ruby's mood around instantly "Yes please!"

Yang stopped her instantly "No Rubes! You'll miss bed time and wake up all tired tomorrow" she admonished

Ruby deflated, Jaune petting her head with a smll 'there, there' coming out of his lips

Carol chuckled "Tell you what, if you pass, come by lab and i'll treat you to some cookies"

"Yay" "Dont mind if I join" "Can I come too?" Ruby, Yang and Jaune each said

"Yeah, sure! I'll keep the door open"

It wasn't much later that Glynda called lights out

A/N: thoughts?

-Isabel and Nick Arc becoming part-time teachers at Beacon was supposed to be a good thing as it meant they supported Jaune's dream... But now he has to put up with everyone commenting on how HOT HIS PARENTS ARE!

Jaune & Glynda commiserate.....

Jaune - "They're not cool, my parents are immature, smothering weirdos!"

Glynda - "They've only gotten worse since Beacon!"

Jaune - "And why does everyone keep calling them hot? They're not!"

Glynda - "Isabel was never the hottest women at this school!"

Jaune - "I know, right? You clearly are!"

".....did I say that out loud?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back