• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[RWBY] RWBY Shorts

I did have a thought awhile back after reading this thread about if you gave Jaune a club or even just a big rock as a weapon. I'm imagining Primal's Spear or Tarzan, full on noble savage caveman sorta mentality. Question is, who would he unintentionally woo with this persona?
An AU where Jaune grew up alone in the wilderness (perhaps raised by other animals like bears or wolves, or just completely alone), fending of Grimm on his own, and eventually making his way to Beacon.

Jaune would be absolutely ripped, increadibly strong and skilled, but would have no knowledge of aura or any social skills to speak of, and only recently learned how to talk (though is survival skill and ability to deal with animals would be fantastic).
On the plus side, he might not even know what a Faunus is, so he litteraly can't have any biases against them, and probably can't even see/understand the difference between them and regular humans.

Jaune unintentionally puts on a bad boy persona with tight pants,
You forget that Jauné is inable to wear tight pants, because his junk wouldn't fit. 😜

Even More Blake is Racist 6 New
Blake waited for Jaune at the Bullhead port in Vale. She's dressed in a white sweater with a black skirt and stockings: Every inch the naughty book loving girl she fantasizes about.

Jaune arrives, driving a Wayland 205 heavy offroad bike. Blake flushes.

Blake: "Oh! Uh... I didn't know you had a motorcycle."

Jaune: "Well, I couldn't travel from Radian all the way on foot. Besides, my dad gave it to me for my birthday. I've uh, I've kept it in storage because it's cheaper." Smiles "But it's a good day to take it out for a spin. Don't you think?"

Blake: blushes harder "S-Sure."

She got onto the back of the motorcycle and wrapped her arms around his waist. He revved up the engine and drove off at a reasonable speed into traffic... But Blake's mind was going very unreasonable places.

"Even if it's just us against the world, Princess," the noble Biker Knight Tetsuo swore, as he dodged around explosions, "I will never leave your side!"

"Oh Tetsuo~!" Princess Nekomata cried, clinging to him tightly as her kimono rode up over her smooth, long legs-

Jaune: "We're here!"

Blake: "Ah! O-Oh! Good."

Jaune parked, and they got off. They walked to the Celsus Bookstore.

Jaune: "Do you want to browse or get lunch first?"

Blake: "I... I think lunch would be nice first."

Jaune: "Works for me."

They got a table. The waitress came. They got some coffees and teas, and Blake looked over the menu. The sun was shining, only partly cloudy. The wind was low speed. She could see the beautiful architecture of Old Vale all around them. People were going about their business, peacefully, happily.

And yet...

Jaune: "Blake?"

Blake: "Sorry... I just..." Her bow twitches "I guess I just feel... A little guilty. You're being very kind to me and... And I realize I haven't been very kind to you."

Jaune: "Well... I mean... No."

Blake scowls.

Jaune: quickly "You're doing okay now though."

Blake: "I... I guess I just..." She frowned "I don't know what I'm supposed to say or do."

Jaune: "Just talk. About something you like. I mean, I don't read a lot of novels anymore, but I do like to read for fun."

Blake: "I've only seen you with X-Ray and Vav."

Jaune: "I mean, yeah, but that's just like, potato chip reading. My parents were actually really big on the classics."

Blake: "Oh? Like what?"

Jaune: "Well, um, Aristos' Physics, Politics, Metaphysics... Bardic's plays... The theological works of Saint Edmund, Eustace, and Lucy... And lots of classic kids' books. Ya know, Mark Clemens, T. Selliot, Yules Tern..."

Blake: lights up a little "I grew up reading a lot of those too, actually." smiles "I still do from time to time."

Jaune: "No kidding? That's great!" Smiles "I mean, the CCT signal wasn't always the best out in Radian until my teens so I had to entertain myself with a lot of other things."

Blake: "Same. Fishing, hiking... There are a lot of beautiful beaches around Menagerie, and coral reefs. Despite how dangerous it is, I always liked going out. Not so much swimming but I loved watching whales and fishing. My father cooked a lot of food on an open fire."

Jaune: "Hey, mine too! We had the mountains, and I hiked a lot. There's the Hanging Lake above Radian, and there's this beautiful waterfall! My uh..." screws up his face "Great-Great-Great Grandfather made it as a wedding gift for his bride, by redirecting a mountain river. It's called the Love Story Waterfall."

Blake: "I've heard of that! I always wanted to see it..."

They talked... And talked... Their food came, and they kept talking.

They finished their food, and Jaune paid. They then went into the bookshop... And kept talking.

Blake: "I always thought Plateau was overrated as a philosopher."

Jaune: "I dunno, I did like the dialogue he wrote about his teacher and the giant dragon monster."

Blake: "Heh. I suppose you would remember that one."

Jaune: "Well, he is talking about how a creature that is so alien to our experience would see us as... As abominations. If it was like, a pure ideal in physical form. How something pure, even if it's pure evil, would be out of place in a world that's compromised like Remnant. That's kind of neat."

Blake: "Hmph. His ideal 'Republic' is the very worst kind of tyranny."

Jaune: "Yeah, but, nobody's perfect." He made a face "Urgh. My brain feels like it's turning rusty gears remembering all that stuff."

Blake: "You know a lot more about it than I would expect a... Um, farmboy to know. No offense."

Jaune: "None taken. My mom wanted me to be a doctor, like her. But well... I wanted to be a Hunter more. Like my dad... And her."

Blake: "I see... My parents wanted me to take over their... Business as well. I worked very hard with the movement. I studied, I protested, I wrote letters... It just... It never seemed like it was enough."

Blake frowned.

Blake: "I thought that... That political power only grows out of the barrel of a gun. That if you wanted real change to happen, you needed to force it."

Jaune: frowns

Blake: "... Turns out it's... Not that simple."

Jaune: "No." He smiled softly "I used to ask my great-grandma why she didn't just force people to do what she wanted. She was... Very powerful in her youth. Everyone in the town respects her deeply. But bad things still happen."

Blake: "What did she say?"

Jaune: "She said that no one, no matter how much power they have, can fix everything. And nobody with ultimate power can be trusted not to abuse it. So... You have give and take. It sucks, but..." He shrugged. "I guess no matter how right you can feel you are, you can still be wrong."

Blake: "... I suppose there's something to that... But it's not the easiest thing to accept."

Jaune: "No."

Blake: "But it is better to accept it than to deny reality..." sighs "You've been nothing but nice to me. The others too... Even Weiss, sort of. And I just... Lash out. Like I'm fighting injustice. And... And I don't really think I am."

Jaune: "I mean... I don't think fighting injustice is the problem. It's just how you're doing it."

Blake: "I know, I know... I just don't know how to do it differently. Or if it would even work. And so I'm just... I'm frustrated. And I don't know what to do."

Jaune: "I don't know either... But I'm willing to help you, Blake. So is everyone else."

Blake: "... I'll think about it. It... That's not a no. I just..."

Jaune: nods "Yeah. I-I get it..."

They paid for their purchases and headed back out to the bike.

Blake: "... You know, all of our friends have been spying on us since we got here."

Jaune: sighs "Yeah... I'm aware."

Blake: "... You're... What do you feel about that?"

Jaune: "Well, they're concerned about you. Pyrrha's also really concerned for some reason. I guess she's just being an overly protective big sister."

Blake: stares "... Really?"

Jaune: "Well, that's how she comes off as. Like I appreciate everything she's doing for me but she keeps coddling me like she's afraid she'll break me."

Blake promised she wouldn't be mean anymore. She promised she wasn't going to stir shit anymore... But...

Blake: "I see... So... Are you still interested in Weiss?"

Jaune: "Hm? No. I mean, she's great but no. I was kind of a jerk and she was like, the opposite of my last girlfriend-Oh, um, sorry. I shouldn't mention her-"

Blake: "You're not just taking me out on a date because I remind you of her, do I~?"

Blake gets closer to Jaune. He gulps.

Jaune: "I uh... N-No! No! She um, she wasn't big on books or uh... Nerding out, really..."

Blake: "So you're... Definitely single?"

Jaune: "Y-Yes?"

Blake: "..." smirk "Not anymore." She pulls him into a kiss.

From a less than properly concealed hiding spot nearby...

Ruby: "WHAT?!"

Yang: "I-SHE'S JUST A RERUN! AND I CAN TALK NERD STUFF!"

Weiss: "How DARE she-She can't just-She's doing it to get to me, I just know it!"

Ruby: sarcastically "I thought you didn't have any feelings for him."

Weiss: "I DON'T!"

Pyrrha: twitch "Sister...?! He sees me like a sister?!"

Nora: "I don't see the problem! It's right here in one of Blakey's books: 'Incest is best, put your sister to the test!'"

Ruby: "NORA!"

Nora: "WHAT?!"

Pyrrha: blushes bright red... Considers...

Ren: sighs "Jaune... I shall pray for your departed soul."

- - -

So it turns out Blake's not quite so racist after all... But she's still a cat at heart.

Fun idea. Jaune is a Race-ist.

As in he has a burning hatred for commercialized races like NASCAR.

*Jaune stands up to give a passionate speech*

Jaune: "street racing literally got it's start from booze lovers running alcohol during prohibition and running from the cops. No tracks, no brand deals, and certainly no rules. Stuff like NASCAR is literally the exact opposite of what it was meant to be!"

Ren: "that's great Jaune, now can you stop standing in my salad?"

*Jaune climbs off the cafeteria table*

Yang: well if we ever needed more proof he was a country boy....

Back in the Day with Teams STRQ and AARN New
Raven bursts through the door into Team AARN's dorm.

Isabel: "Oh hey Raven. Still haven't figured out how to knock, I see?"

Saia: "Hello Raven, what can we do for you?"

Raven: "... I might like Taiyang. A little. Sort of." blush

Isabel: "... Okay... And you want to...?"

Raven: "How do you... Settled people... Show a tiny bit of affection for... Someone you care about?"

Isabel: "I... Are you serious?"

Raven: "YES!"

Isabel: "Okay... How did your parents, um... Get together?"

Raven: "Our father was the strongest warrior and so he had first pick of the strongest women! The strongest became our mother! She proved this by beating up her competitors!"

Saia: "Oh... Well... Isn't that... Lovely? I'll go make some tea."

Saia does her best to not look like she's escaping. Isabel sighs.

Isabel: "Great... Ahem. Raven? We don't do that here. But um... Surely your parents did... Stuff together?"

Raven: "They had sex to conceive my runt twin and I!"

Isabel: "... Riiight... How about you go out for lunch instead? And build up to that?"

Raven: "I NEED MONEY TO DO THAT!"

Isabel: "Don't look at me! Go get some from... I dunno, Goodwitch!"

Raven: nods "I see... I should go rob Goodwitch of her money!"

Isabel: "Ohhh Breaker..." sighs "Okay... Usually the guy pays for the date. So you shouldn't have to worry about that."

Raven: "Very well! ... Do you... Think Taiyang... Likes me too?"

Isabel: "I'm pretty sure he will. You just have to ask him on a date."

Raven: "Ask?"

Isabel: "Yes... You say "Taiyang, I would like to go out on a date with you, please.'"

Raven: makes a face "'Please?' That is a weakling's word!"

Isabel: "Yes, well, it works pretty well."

Raven: "Hmph... What else should I do for this 'date'?"

Isabel relates a few more things. Raven keeps scowling.

Raven: "And makeup? Why do I need that?"

Isabel: "It makes you look prettier."

Raven: "I do not NEED to look prettier!"

Isabel: under her breath "That's a matter of opinion..."

Raven: "What was that?"

Isabel: "Oh, nothing! Nothing! Anyway, that should be all you need! We'll help you when you set a time for the date! Promise!"

Raven: "Good! You'd better, or I'll gut you like a pig, Medicine Girl!" She stalks off

Isabel: "... Took your damn time with that tea, Saia!"

Saia: "I'M SORRY! SHE'S SUPER SCARY!"

- - -

What else did Summer and Isabel's teams get up to when they were at Beacon together?

And I changed Isabel's team name to
AARN (Amaranth.)

Isabel Arc
Arjun
Sarkara
Saia Radhri
Nicholas
Noname

Unofficial Names: Arson, Arsenic, Arse (Always from behind.)

<reading the title>oh, more poking fun of Blake? yes plaese.
<stops reading the chapter>....wait a moment.
<re-reading the chapter>this isn't a "poking fun of Blake" story, this is a Knightshade story!
i feel cheated, oh well.
<reading the rest of the chapter>well, at least the others are suffering, guess i'll have to settle for that.

Now, a few Friday prompts and ideas:

-Jaune has a Guy's Night Out with Cardin, Mercury, Sun, Neptune, and Ren. Just a chance to hang out with some guys and do some manly things. He even got beer from his family for it. How do things go?

-Pyrrha meets a potential suitor at a high society party her mother made her go to: Turns out it's Jaune, as he is the great-grandson of former Empress Arturia Pendragon. He's not very happy to be there (any more than she is) and they bond over the experience.

-Some ideas for the further adventures of Team STRQ and AARN in the past:

>Nick accidentally asks Summer out on a date. How does everyone else react?

>Arjun has a bit of a chip on his shoulder since he is an exiled prince. Explore how his teammates and friends help him with that.

>Isabel tutors Qrow and Raven in things they didn't learn while they were bandits. Hilarity ensues.

-Jaune's powerful Aura and lack of control with it means he's a bit like a space heater who feels good in your soul. So when winter comes, there's a bit of a contest over who gets to sit closest to him... And a battle over his lap.

-Ruby and Penny's explorations in fun!

Arkos: High Society New
-Pyrrha meets a potential suitor at a high society party her mother made her go to: Turns out it's Jaune, as he is the great-grandson of former Empress Arturia Pendragon. He's not very happy to be there (any more than she is) and they bond over the experience.

- - -

The ballroom was in the old Jade Exposition Building in Downtown Vale. It was a gorgeous greenhouse of lightly green tinted glass held up by Dust forged steel, forming a lattice in the shape of a series of ocean waves frozen in time. Exotic plants from across Remnant filled the interior, in between floors of the purest marble. Fountains sculpted from the finest seastone dotted the floors, while gorgeous birds and butterflies flew overhead. The highest echelons of Vale's society filled the ballroom in tuxedos and dresses that cost tens of thousands of lien, talking and dancing and eating to live music performed by some of the best musicians that could be spared from the Vale Philharmonic.

It was truly a breathtaking spectacle. One that Pyrrha Nikos loathed with every fiber of her being.

"Don't slouch, Pyrrha," her mother Athena gently admonished her, "You're picking up bad habits from your schoolmates."

"Yes Mother," Pyrrha returned dutifully, standing resplendant in a red dress perfectly tailored to show off her body. She could feel the jealous looks of numerous upper class women and the lustful eyes of men of all ages and classes. Yet she retained her poise, and her dazzling smile.

(Smile Number 23: 'All is right with the world'.)

"Don't be so down," Athena consoled her daughter, adjusting her glasses minutely so as not to spoil her make up, "I found a good one for you this time!"

"Yes Mother," Pyrrha managed, her smile not dipping even a tiny bit.

She hated these introductions. Mother was trying to find her a husband: Someone she could marry out of school. It seemed that because Athena Nikos' own marriage had been a catastrophe, she was determined to ensure Pyrrha's wasn't.

Pyrrha had done her very best to politely turn down every suitor so far. Athena respected her opinions on that, at least. Every time though, she had to get more creative with why they didn't live up to her standards.

Simply put: They weren't Jaune Arc.

Jaune... He said he had to go see to some family business this weekend. Ren and Nora had gone out to have another of their 'not-dates'. And RWBY... Well they did their own things.

If only the White Fang would crash this event, Pyrrha thought longingly, as her mother guided her underneath a beautiful tree with purple flowers covering the branches, Maybe I could get out of this.

"He really is good!" Athena insisted with a beam. "His great-grandmother is here tonight! You were excited about her, weren't you?"

To be fair to her insufferable mother... Pyrrha was. She looked across the ballroom to a set of white table clothed tables, behind which were stately high-backed chairs probably worth more than her weapons. Sitting in them were two of the greatest warriors Remnant had ever seen in the Great War:

Former Queen Arturia Pendragon, and her husband Shirou. Both radiant in their dress: Arturia opting for a blue and white dress that showed off that, despite being over a hundred years old, she was still fit and prim. She wore a simple gold band around her white hair.

Her husband Shirou, Master of the Unlimited Blade Works, was in a long red coat with a black vest, pants, and white undershirt with a blue tie. Despite being the same age as his wife, he too looked fit and strong with his slicked back white hair and keen blue eyes.

Both looked rather bored, which helped Pyrrha a lot more than she thought it would. Her smile was a little more natural.

"I am," Pyrrha admitted. Athena beamed.

"Getting a direct audience with her is nearly impossible! She's been living in some boonie hick town with her husband since the war, can you believe it? But, she brought her great-grandchildren here! He goes to school at Beacon! The sheer luck!"

Beacon? Pyrrha frowned inside. She wracked her brains for anyone named Pendragon at Beacon. Nobody came to mind, though admittedly she didn't pay all that much attention to students outside of combat class and her friends.

Oh, her mother was still talking. She should probably pay attention.

"He's not much in terms of combat or grades. But the name is the important thing! And if he's a bit weak willed, you can manage him better," Athena went on. Pyrrha internally grimaced.

Oh great. Some loser riding off his family name. What kind of sad, pathetic waste of space did she get me this time?

She just wanted to be back at Beacon. Away from all this. Away from-

"Oh! Here he comes!" Athena whispered, beaming brightly. "And his sister, too!"

Pyrrha turned and looked out at the crowd. She could spot a tall blond young man in a smart black tuxedo. Alongside him was a pretty, short blonde girl with a messy hair cut up in a ponytail, wearing a smart dark blue business suit with a skirt.

The blond man ate up all of her attention as Pyrrha's eyes went wide.

It can't be...?!

Jaune Arc smiled nervously at her and shrugged.

"Hey Pyr. Fancy uh, fancy running into you here?"

The blonde girl snorted.

"Yeah. 'Fancy'," she observed in a cold voice.

Pyrrha blinked in shock. Jaune didn't notice and plowed on ahead.

"Oh! This is my little-URK!"

The girl elbowed him, hard. Jaune coughed.

"My younger sister Tangerine, but you can call her Tangy. Tangy? This is Pyrrha Nikos, my partner."

"Charmed," Tangy stated dryly. Pyrrha curtesyed back. Her mother stepped up with a broad smile.

"Hello Lord and Lady Arc! I am Athena Nikos, you of course know my daughter Pyrrha! Oh, how wonderful to finally meet you! Your great-grandmother has been such a recluse! I haven't been able to get anywhere near her!"

"Yes, I'm sure," Tangy said dryly, eyes ice cold. "Bro, how about you and your partner go have a chat, huh?"

"Sure thing," Jaune said, taking Pyrrha's hand. She nearly swooned, but she kept it together.

It was Jaune. Her Jaune!

- - -

He led her out into one of the secluded courtyards of the greenhouse, the sounds of the orchestra muffled by the thick glass panes. Only a few waiters lingered nearby, on a smoke break, but she didn't care.

Her heart was fit to burst with joy. Jaune! Her Jaune!

Yet... So many questions filled her head. So many things needed answering!

"Relax Pyr, I'm not running away," Jaune managed with a nervous smile. Pyrrha belatedly realized she was holding onto Jaune's arm in a vise grip. She released him and blushed. She coughed.

"Ah, s-sorry," she managed. "I-I just... I had no idea you were... You were..."

"Nana Arturia's greatgrandson?" He rubbed the back of his head with a sigh. "Yeah. Papa Shirou is my great-grandfather. After the war, when my Nana abdicated, they retired to Radian and did a lot of information control to avoid drawing too much attention to themselves. So uh, yeah. He's an Arc. So is she. And well..." He shrugged.

"I have to do this every now and again because Nana needs to maintain her political standing," Jaune sighed.

"I-I see," Pyrrha nodded. Jaune smiled and shrugged.

"Its uh... It's not a lot of fun, really," he admitted.

"N-No... No, it isn't," Pyrrha said with a warm, relieved smile.

This... This was perfect. She could ask Jaune to pose as her fiance! That would keep her mother off her back, and let her work up the courage to express how she truly felt! It would keep him from going after Weiss! She just... She just had to explain it... Had to...

"I um... Is your great-grandmother pushing you to get married?" Pyrrha asked carefully. Jaune shrugged.

"I mean... If there's a connection between the two, sometimes she'll give a nudge. She doesn't force it. She just wanted a quiet life, after all. Why, is your mom...?"

Pyrrha slowly nodded.

"She... She is," she admitted. "She's um... She's very keen on my future."

Jaune grimaced.

"Oh. I-I had no idea. I'm sorry."

"Y-Yes," Pyrrha managed. "So um..." She worried her hands, "So uh... You don't like doing these things?"

"Not at all," Jaune sighed.

"I don't either," Pyrrha said, wild hope beating hard in her chest, "So um... I was... I was wondering if-"

A short blonde girl in a blue skirt and jacket stepped up to Jaune's side, and gripped his arm. She smiled widely, though with her intense eyes it looked very intimidating.

"Hey Jaune. Nana and Papa want to talk to you," she stated sweetly, "And they're not taking no for an answer. I think Nana's about to pull out Excalibur to take off someone's head."

Jaune winced.

"Geez... That bad, huh?" He smiled at her in exasperation. "Well, I'll do what I can. I'll be right back Pyr, promise."

He scowled playfully at his younger sister.

"Be nice," he said. Tangy sniffed.

"I am nice," she retorted.

"I mean regular nice," Jaune admonished, before turning and heading out the doors. Tangy then turned her glare on the waiters, who suddenly had other places to be and shuffled out. Pyrrha blinked in some astonishment. That was some glare.

"All right," Tangy stated, her voice cold and hard as an Atlasian winter, "I'm making this clear: You aren't the first blessed bimbo to look his way."

"I-I beg your pardon-?" Pyrrha asked, eyes wide, but Tangy didn't let her finish.

"You see a kind, simple, hardworking farm boy who isn't part of these bullshit social games and you think 'Oh, my savior! He'll see the real me! I'll be free from all this social obligation and I'll be happy!'"

Pyrrha winced. Tangy's icy glare didn't let up.

"Am I in the ballpark?" She growled.

"It-It's not like that!" Pyrrha insisted, "We're partners! I-I'm training him-!"

"Yeah. I know," Tangy stated firmly, "I also know your type. You may actually know how to fight but you're hopeless at being sincere. So one earnest farmboy gets your attention and you plan to ask your mother to accept an engagement."

Pyrrha grimaced.

"It-It-He wouldn't-!"

"No. He wouldn't say no," Tangy growled, her brow tight and her teeth grit, "He's kind and caring and selfless. He'd do it in a heartbeat for you."

Tangy crossed her arms over her chest and glared death.

"So what's in it for him?"

Pyrrha gaped.

"Wha-How can you-I've saved his life! I-I care... I care deeply for him-!"

"You've known him for less than a year and you're already thinking of wedding bells?" Tangy scoffed. "You really think that will work? No matter how much you insist upon it, if you even get the courage to admit your real feelings-"

Pyrrha winced again, but Tangy kept talking.

"-There will always be that uncertainty in the back of his head. He'll wonder if he did it just because you needed help. He'll wonder if you were just bored with your celebrity life and wanted him for some sincerity and love. Like he was a pet or something."

Anger surged in Pyrrha's breast. She glared back at the short girl.

"I would never do that-!"

"You can't even be honest with your feelings for him," Tangy shot back, "Why should I believe a word you say? Like I said... I've seen it before. Some bored rich girl hoping that a bit of honesty and even lust for a normal life is the same as love. It isn't."

"It's not like that!" Pyrrha growled, clenching her fists. Tangy didn't even flinch.

"Then why are you trying to shackle him down before you even tell him a word? Is that something a woman in love would do? Or is it something a desperately lonely girl would do?"

Pyrrha opened her mouth... Then slowly closed it. She bowed her head. Shame filled her.

"I... I don't... I don't know..." She admitted.

"Lying is sometimes necessary to get things done, or for a greater good," Tangy stated firmly, "But not when it comes to my brother. You don't get to lie to him like this. Not if you really care for him. I won't let you."

Her mask was close to breaking. She felt hot tears at the corners of her eyes. She fought them back as she always had, but... Jaune...

Tangy sighed softly. Pyrrha managed to look back up at her. Her expression was less cold rage and more pity. She hated it.

"... I just... I don't really know... How to be honest with my feelings," Pyrrha whispered.

"Then until you figure it out," Tangy stated flatly, "You're not pulling any shit with my brother. Sort your crap out with your mother. Be honest with him. Until you can do those things? Don't even think about some engagement racket. You're not the first to try it, and I will not let you get away with it."

Pyrrha was silent, morose. She then slowly nodded.

"... You're right," she murmured. "I... I'm sorry."

Tangy's glare softened, just a hair.

"Look," she murmured, "I get how dysfunctional people can get with crazy mothers. I was lucky to get a functionally crazy one. That's how I know that this isn't how you want this to go, believe me. Not unless you want to destroy him... And you. And I don't think you want that."

How many high society girls had she scoffed at in secret? How many had she looked down upon... And here she was, trying the very same things they would do. She felt like the lowest of the low.

"... No," Pyrrha whispered.

Only the muffled sounds of the party could be heard for a time. Tangy let out a sigh.

"Look," she said, "If you promise not to pull any crazy bullshit like trying to get engaged... You can go out there. You can dance with him. You can have fun. You can get to know him as more than just... Just this prize. All right? If you can do that... I'll give my tacit approval."

Pyrrha looked at Tangy in a mixture of shock and hope. Tangy shook her head, and held up a single well manicured finger.

"You try anything like this again though? I will destroy you. Count on it."

It was strange to feel utterly helpless... And yet still feel hopeful. Pyrrha slowly nodded.

"... You must love him very much," Pyrrha murmured. Tangy flushed a bit and scoffed.

"Please. Family's a sunk cost investment. I'm just making sure he doesn't embarrass me."

Pyrrha slowly nodded.

"I-I see..."

Tangy huffed.

"Now get out there before I change my mind. You're a high risk investment as it is. Especially with that bitch of a mother."

Pyrrha flushed... But smiled.

"... Thank you," she whispered. She quickly fixed her make up before she headed out, feeling Tangy's eyes on her the whole time.

She found Jaune by the head table, talking excitedly with his great-grandparents. For the first time all night, they actually looked interested. Jaune turned to look at her as she approached, and smiled broadly.

"Oh hey! This is Pyrrha! I was just telling them about you, Pyr!"

Pyrrha met Arturia and Shirou's eyes. She bowed politely, in the form she used when she was in the arena.

"I am honored to meet you, Your Majesties," she said, "And more honored to call Jaune my friend."

Arturia's gaze was as hard and piercing as Tangy's. Her husband's stern glare was no better, but Pyrrha steeled herself.

After a moment, Arturia smiled gently. A smile she shared with her husband.

"It is an honor to meet you, Pyrrha," Arturia spoke, "I am glad my great-grandson has someone looking after him."

Jaune blushed, and then smiled.

"I'm glad too," he said, shyly meeting her eyes. Pyrrha smiled back warmly.

"Same... So... Um... Can... Can we dance, Jaune?"

"Sure!" Jaune said with a grin. "Excuse me, Nana, Papa."

"You're excused," Shirou chuckled, "Have fun."

"Thank you, sir," Pyrrha said with a nod back, letting Jaune pull her out to the dance floor, "We will. I-I promise."

And they did. Even under Tangy's watchful glare.

- - -

Well, that went in a different direction than planned. But I hope you liked it.

Somehow, I wouldn't be surprised if Pyrrha's mom really was like this. Pyrrha just oozes this picture of a trophy child who's never really had any say in her own life until very recently, and probably died thinking her parents didn't love her, only what they could gain from her. She may even have been right.

i have an idea for a cop jaune prompt.
so jaune reach beacon to late for the initiation, either he got lost on the way or stopped to help someone, either way when he reach beacon it was to late to apply.
now jaune has a few choose, he can go back home and become a doctor like his mother wanted, find a job in vale and wait for a year to apply for beacon again, or snice he wanted to be a hero, he can join the police force.
so by the time the team rwby are in vale after the white fang, jaune has already finish police training and is working as a beat cop.
jaune is a competent cop, but when he's nervous, that's when he messes up. not big mistakes, but still some mistakes. his coworker notice this and try to help him.
his first run in with team rwby may or may not involve arresting them.

- - -

The ballroom was in the old Jade Exposition Building in Downtown Vale. It was a gorgeous greenhouse of lightly green tinted glass held up by Dust forged steel, forming a lattice in the shape of a series of ocean waves frozen in time. Exotic plants from across Remnant filled the interior, in between floors of the purest marble. Fountains sculpted from the finest seastone dotted the floors, while gorgeous birds and butterflies flew overhead. The highest echelons of Vale's society filled the ballroom in tuxedos and dresses that cost tens of thousands of lien, talking and dancing and eating to live music performed by some of the best musicians that could be spared from the Vale Philharmonic.

It was truly a breathtaking spectacle. One that Pyrrha Nikos loathed with every fiber of her being.

"Don't slouch, Pyrrha," her mother Athena gently admonished her, "You're picking up bad habits from your schoolmates."

"Yes Mother," Pyrrha returned dutifully, standing resplendant in a red dress perfectly tailored to show off her body. She could feel the jealous looks of numerous upper class women and the lustful eyes of men of all ages and classes. Yet she retained her poise, and her dazzling smile.

(Smile Number 23: 'All is right with the world'.)

"Don't be so down," Athena consoled her daughter, adjusting her glasses minutely so as not to spoil her make up, "I found a good one for you this time!"

"Yes Mother," Pyrrha managed, her smile not dipping even a tiny bit.

She hated these introductions. Mother was trying to find her a husband: Someone she could marry out of school. It seemed that because Athena Nikos' own marriage had been a catastrophe, she was determined to ensure Pyrrha's wasn't.

Pyrrha had done her very best to politely turn down every suitor so far. Athena respected her opinions on that, at least. Every time though, she had to get more creative with why they didn't live up to her standards.

Simply put: They weren't Jaune Arc.

Jaune... He said he had to go see to some family business this weekend. Ren and Nora had gone out to have another of their 'not-dates'. And RWBY... Well they did their own things.

If only the White Fang would crash this event, Pyrrha thought longingly, as her mother guided her underneath a beautiful tree with purple flowers covering the branches, Maybe I could get out of this.

"He really is good!" Athena insisted with a beam. "His great-grandmother is here tonight! You were excited about her, weren't you?"

To be fair to her insufferable mother... Pyrrha was. She looked across the ballroom to a set of white table clothed tables, behind which were stately high-backed chairs probably worth more than her weapons. Sitting in them were two of the greatest warriors Remnant had ever seen in the Great War:

Former Queen Arturia Pendragon, and her husband Shirou. Both radiant in their dress: Arturia opting for a blue and white dress that showed off that, despite being over a hundred years old, she was still fit and prim. She wore a simple gold band around her white hair.

Her husband Shirou, Master of the Unlimited Blade Works, was in a long red coat with a black vest, pants, and white undershirt with a blue tie. Despite being the same age as his wife, he too looked fit and strong with his slicked back white hair and keen blue eyes.

Both looked rather bored, which helped Pyrrha a lot more than she thought it would. Her smile was a little more natural.

"I am," Pyrrha admitted. Athena beamed.

"Getting a direct audience with her is nearly impossible! She's been living in some boonie hick town with her husband since the war, can you believe it? But, she brought her great-grandchildren here! He goes to school at Beacon! The sheer luck!"

Beacon? Pyrrha frowned inside. She wracked her brains for anyone named Pendragon at Beacon. Nobody came to mind, though admittedly she didn't pay all that much attention to students outside of combat class and her friends.

Oh, her mother was still talking. She should probably pay attention.

"He's not much in terms of combat or grades. But the name is the important thing! And if he's a bit weak willed, you can manage him better," Athena went on. Pyrrha internally grimaced.

Oh great. Some loser riding off his family name. What kind of sad, pathetic waste of space did she get me this time?

She just wanted to be back at Beacon. Away from all this. Away from-

"Oh! Here he comes!" Athena whispered, beaming brightly. "And his sister, too!"

Pyrrha turned and looked out at the crowd. She could spot a tall blond young man in a smart black tuxedo. Alongside him was a pretty, short blonde girl with a messy hair cut up in a ponytail, wearing a smart dark blue business suit with a skirt.

The blond man ate up all of her attention as Pyrrha's eyes went wide.

It can't be...?!

Jaune Arc smiled nervously at her and shrugged.

"Hey Pyr. Fancy uh, fancy running into you here?"

The blonde girl snorted.

"Yeah. 'Fancy'," she observed in a cold voice.

Pyrrha blinked in shock. Jaune didn't notice and plowed on ahead.

"Oh! This is my little-URK!"

The girl elbowed him, hard. Jaune coughed.

"My younger sister Tangerine, but you can call her Tangy. Tangy? This is Pyrrha Nikos, my partner."

"Charmed," Tangy stated dryly. Pyrrha curtesyed back. Her mother stepped up with a broad smile.

"Hello Lord and Lady Arc! I am Athena Nikos, you of course know my daughter Pyrrha! Oh, how wonderful to finally meet you! Your great-grandmother has been such a recluse! I haven't been able to get anywhere near her!"

"Yes, I'm sure," Tangy said dryly, eyes ice cold. "Bro, how about you and your partner go have a chat, huh?"

"Sure thing," Jaune said, taking Pyrrha's hand. She nearly swooned, but she kept it together.

It was Jaune. Her Jaune!

- - -

He led her out into one of the secluded courtyards of the greenhouse, the sounds of the orchestra muffled by the thick glass panes. Only a few waiters lingered nearby, on a smoke break, but she didn't care.

Her heart was fit to burst with joy. Jaune! Her Jaune!

Yet... So many questions filled her head. So many things needed answering!

"Relax Pyr, I'm not running away," Jaune managed with a nervous smile. Pyrrha belatedly realized she was holding onto Jaune's arm in a vise grip. She released him and blushed. She coughed.

"Ah, s-sorry," she managed. "I-I just... I had no idea you were... You were..."

"Nana Arturia's greatgrandson?" He rubbed the back of his head with a sigh. "Yeah. Papa Shirou is my great-grandfather. After the war, when my Nana abdicated, they retired to Radian and did a lot of information control to avoid drawing too much attention to themselves. So uh, yeah. He's an Arc. So is she. And well..." He shrugged.

"I have to do this every now and again because Nana needs to maintain her political standing," Jaune sighed.

"I-I see," Pyrrha nodded. Jaune smiled and shrugged.

"Its uh... It's not a lot of fun, really," he admitted.

"N-No... No, it isn't," Pyrrha said with a warm, relieved smile.

This... This was perfect. She could ask Jaune to pose as her fiance! That would keep her mother off her back, and let her work up the courage to express how she truly felt! It would keep him from going after Weiss! She just... She just had to explain it... Had to...

"I um... Is your great-grandmother pushing you to get married?" Pyrrha asked carefully. Jaune shrugged.

"I mean... If there's a connection between the two, sometimes she'll give a nudge. She doesn't force it. She just wanted a quiet life, after all. Why, is your mom...?"

Pyrrha slowly nodded.

"She... She is," she admitted. "She's um... She's very keen on my future."

Jaune grimaced.

"Oh. I-I had no idea. I'm sorry."

"Y-Yes," Pyrrha managed. "So um..." She worried her hands, "So uh... You don't like doing these things?"

"Not at all," Jaune sighed.

"I don't either," Pyrrha said, wild hope beating hard in her chest, "So um... I was... I was wondering if-"

A short blonde girl in a blue skirt and jacket stepped up to Jaune's side, and gripped his arm. She smiled widely, though with her intense eyes it looked very intimidating.

"Hey Jaune. Nana and Papa want to talk to you," she stated sweetly, "And they're not taking no for an answer. I think Nana's about to pull out Excalibur to take off someone's head."

Jaune winced.

"Geez... That bad, huh?" He smiled at her in exasperation. "Well, I'll do what I can. I'll be right back Pyr, promise."

He scowled playfully at his younger sister.

"Be nice," he said. Tangy sniffed.

"I am nice," she retorted.

"I mean regular nice," Jaune admonished, before turning and heading out the doors. Tangy then turned her glare on the waiters, who suddenly had other places to be and shuffled out. Pyrrha blinked in some astonishment. That was some glare.

"All right," Tangy stated, her voice cold and hard as an Atlasian winter, "I'm making this clear: You aren't the first blessed bimbo to look his way."

"I-I beg your pardon-?" Pyrrha asked, eyes wide, but Tangy didn't let her finish.

"You see a kind, simple, hardworking farm boy who isn't part of these bullshit social games and you think 'Oh, my savior! He'll see the real me! I'll be free from all this social obligation and I'll be happy!'"

Pyrrha winced. Tangy's icy glare didn't let up.

"Am I in the ballpark?" She growled.

"It-It's not like that!" Pyrrha insisted, "We're partners! I-I'm training him-!"

"Yeah. I know," Tangy stated firmly, "I also know your type. You may actually know how to fight but you're hopeless at being sincere. So one earnest farmboy gets your attention and you plan to ask your mother to accept an engagement."

Pyrrha grimaced.

"It-It-He wouldn't-!"

"No. He wouldn't say no," Tangy growled, her brow tight and her teeth grit, "He's kind and caring and selfless. He'd do it in a heartbeat for you."

Tangy crossed her arms over her chest and glared death.

"So what's in it for him?"

Pyrrha gaped.

"Wha-How can you-I've saved his life! I-I care... I care deeply for him-!"

"You've known him for less than a year and you're already thinking of wedding bells?" Tangy scoffed. "You really think that will work? No matter how much you insist upon it, if you even get the courage to admit your real feelings-"

Pyrrha winced again, but Tangy kept talking.

"-There will always be that uncertainty in the back of his head. He'll wonder if he did it just because you needed help. He'll wonder if you were just bored with your celebrity life and wanted him for some sincerity and love. Like he was a pet or something."

Anger surged in Pyrrha's breast. She glared back at the short girl.

"I would never do that-!"

"You can't even be honest with your feelings for him," Tangy shot back, "Why should I believe a word you say? Like I said... I've seen it before. Some bored rich girl hoping that a bit of honesty and even lust for a normal life is the same as love. It isn't."

"It's not like that!" Pyrrha growled, clenching her fists. Tangy didn't even flinch.

"Then why are you trying to shackle him down before you even tell him a word? Is that something a woman in love would do? Or is it something a desperately lonely girl would do?"

Pyrrha opened her mouth... Then slowly closed it. She bowed her head. Shame filled her.

"I... I don't... I don't know..." She admitted.

"Lying is sometimes necessary to get things done, or for a greater good," Tangy stated firmly, "But not when it comes to my brother. You don't get to lie to him like this. Not if you really care for him. I won't let you."

Her mask was close to breaking. She felt hot tears at the corners of her eyes. She fought them back as she always had, but... Jaune...

Tangy sighed softly. Pyrrha managed to look back up at her. Her expression was less cold rage and more pity. She hated it.

"... I just... I don't really know... How to be honest with my feelings," Pyrrha whispered.

"Then until you figure it out," Tangy stated flatly, "You're not pulling any shit with my brother. Sort your crap out with your mother. Be honest with him. Until you can do those things? Don't even think about some engagement racket. You're not the first to try it, and I will not let you get away with it."

Pyrrha was silent, morose. She then slowly nodded.

"... You're right," she murmured. "I... I'm sorry."

Tangy's glare softened, just a hair.

"Look," she murmured, "I get how dysfunctional people can get with crazy mothers. I was lucky to get a functionally crazy one. That's how I know that this isn't how you want this to go, believe me. Not unless you want to destroy him... And you. And I don't think you want that."

How many high society girls had she scoffed at in secret? How many had she looked down upon... And here she was, trying the very same things they would do. She felt like the lowest of the low.

"... No," Pyrrha whispered.

Only the muffled sounds of the party could be heard for a time. Tangy let out a sigh.

"Look," she said, "If you promise not to pull any crazy bullshit like trying to get engaged... You can go out there. You can dance with him. You can have fun. You can get to know him as more than just... Just this prize. All right? If you can do that... I'll give my tacit approval."

Pyrrha looked at Tangy in a mixture of shock and hope. Tangy shook her head, and held up a single well manicured finger.

"You try anything like this again though? I will destroy you. Count on it."

It was strange to feel utterly helpless... And yet still feel hopeful. Pyrrha slowly nodded.

"... You must love him very much," Pyrrha murmured. Tangy flushed a bit and scoffed.

"Please. Family's a sunk cost investment. I'm just making sure he doesn't embarrass me."

Pyrrha slowly nodded.

"I-I see..."

Tangy huffed.

"Now get out there before I change my mind. You're a high risk investment as it is. Especially with that bitch of a mother."

Pyrrha flushed... But smiled.

"... Thank you," she whispered. She quickly fixed her make up before she headed out, feeling Tangy's eyes on her the whole time.

She found Jaune by the head table, talking excitedly with his great-grandparents. For the first time all night, they actually looked interested. Jaune turned to look at her as she approached, and smiled broadly.

"Oh hey! This is Pyrrha! I was just telling them about you, Pyr!"

Pyrrha met Arturia and Shirou's eyes. She bowed politely, in the form she used when she was in the arena.

"I am honored to meet you, Your Majesties," she said, "And more honored to call Jaune my friend."

Arturia's gaze was as hard and piercing as Tangy's. Her husband's stern glare was no better, but Pyrrha steeled herself.

After a moment, Arturia smiled gently. A smile she shared with her husband.

"It is an honor to meet you, Pyrrha," Arturia spoke, "I am glad my great-grandson has someone looking after him."

Jaune blushed, and then smiled.

"I'm glad too," he said, shyly meeting her eyes. Pyrrha smiled back warmly.

"Same... So... Um... Can... Can we dance, Jaune?"

"Sure!" Jaune said with a grin. "Excuse me, Nana, Papa."

"You're excused," Shirou chuckled, "Have fun."

"Thank you, sir," Pyrrha said with a nod back, letting Jaune pull her out to the dance floor, "We will. I-I promise."

And they did. Even under Tangy's watchful glare.

- - -

Saphron is in Argus crying about how her baby brother is being taken away lol

Imagine. Pyrrha gets so sick of these parties that during the next one she finally snaps.

Gets super drunk behind her mom's back and sneaks the rest of her team (and maybe Yang) in to help her sing a little song.

View: https://youtu.be/4WwJ6OVSwkM?si=VqF0NZsYknL9iQvO

(Jaune helps because he can't say no, Ren helps because he's there to make sure nobody dies, and Nora and Yang because no way are they missing this kinda fallout.)

-Jaune has a Guy's Night Out with Cardin, Mercury, Sun, Neptune, and Ren. Just a chance to hang out with some guys and do some manly things. He even got beer from his family for it. How do things go?

Cardin drunkenly confesses his attraction to Velvet, and the guys come up with a really terrible plan to get Cardin to admit his feelings to her.

Thanks i loved this story, Im always sad about how few scenes and love Pyrrah gets in most of these stories, I mean I get it , she is the canon love interest for Jaune and Rooster teeth dropped the ball with their romance soo much that i guess most of the fans want to try new pairings. Still the poor girl deserves some love and true companionship.
I hadnt considered the name Athena for her mother i usually just think about her as Thetis achilles mother. But Athena also fits her quite nicely with how you portrayed her in here.

Quick question, would Jaune tecnically be considered Pyrrah´s manic pixie dreamgirl? i have some trouble getting the term.

Blake and Pyrrha: Mutual Hobby New
- - -

Pyrrha reached out for the book in the book store. It was innocuous enough. She was in her go-to disguise for public outings: Hoodie, sunglasses, face mask. She also slouched a bit. No one would confuse her for Pyrrha Nikos, the Invincible Girl.

Especially not here. Not in this bookstore-

"Pyrrha?"

Her name was whispered, but it sounded like an alarm klaxon. Shakily, Pyrrha looked to her right.

Standing there in a similar disguise was a shorter, paler girl. Yet behind the sunglasses she could make out yellow eyes.

And beyond that... Her magnetic signature was too familiar to discard.

"Blake?"

The clerk looked up from his desk with a bored expression.

"Will you ladies buy your porn or get out? It's almost closing time!"

"Erotica!" They both shouted at the offending man, before looking at one another in shock.

"Whatever," the guy snorted, going back to his Scroll.

- - -

They bought their books and went outside. They sat down together on a bench in a nearby park. Children played on a playground while their parents watched. Pyrrha took deep, calming breaths. Blake sat with a nervous expression, playing with the handles on her opaque paper bag.

"I uh... I didn't know you were... Into that sort of thing," Pyrrha tried. Blake stared. Pyrrha flushed, and bowed her head.

"Okay, I did," Pyrrha mumbled.

"You are a bit more of a surprise," Blake said quietly, fidgeting on the bench.

"I-I just think Miya Akatsuki is a wonderful author," Pyrrha said defensively, "Her plots are funny, engaging, dramatic-"

"And hot?" Blake asked. Pyrrha's blush deepened.

"... Y-Yes," she mumbled. "I um... I needed... Something to relieve stress from all the appearances... Autograph signings..." She made a face.

"Commercials..."

"I completely understand," Blake said gently. She reached out and squeezed Pyrrha's hand. It was a very comforting gesture: One she didn't expect from the normally tactiturn Cat Faunus.

"I... It's hard to believe you're being so... Kind," Pyrrha said. She winced. "Um, no offense-"

"None taken," Blake said, "I am, um... I am trying to be less anti-social. I just..." She smiled. "I'm just so glad to find someone who likes the same things I do. I'll admit, Murasaki's take on the harem genre is spectacular!"

"I know right?" Pyrrha giggled. "He makes all the characters so believable and the lead male is so endearing! He's not oblivious, he's just juggling so much! I just... It's so engrossing."

A beat of silence.

"And hot," Blake added.

"Yesss," Pyrrha hissed happily.

Blake smiled.

"Would... Would you like to read these... Together?"

Pyrrha blushed.

"I... I would like that," she said quietly.

Blake frowned and then hesitated.

"Your uh... Your team leader isn't going to think this is filth, is he? Mine... Had a harsh reaction to my reading material."

Pyrrha blushed heavily.

"N-No! Of course not! Um, he's not aware, but-but he... He reads a lot of less, um, risque literature from the same sources."

Blake raised an eyebrow.

"Does he~?"

A flare of jealousy burst in Pyrrha's heart... But she calmed herself.

"Yes... But... Let's keep this between us, for now... Friend?"

Blake stared at Pyrrha for a long, silent moment. Pyrrha internally winced.

Stupid stupid stupid! Why... Why do all my PR lessons vanish the moment I'm with someone whose opinion I care about-?!

"I would like that... Friend."

Pyrrha stared at Blake. She stared back.

They smiled. They scooted a bit closer together and began to look through the books.

They didn't read them though. That they would reserve for when they had some privacy...

- - -

"Your uh... Your team leader isn't going to think this is filth, is he? Mine... Had a harsh reaction to my reading material."

That, Blake, is because both of Ruby's parents were champions of the game, and she thus instinctively knows what the good shit looks like.

You, on the other hand, read 60 Tints of Violet like it's your personal bible. Which makes sense, considering your ex.

That, Blake, is because both of Ruby's parents were champions of the game, and she thus instinctively knows what the good shit looks like.

You, on the other hand, read 60 Tints of Violet like it's your personal bible. Which makes sense, considering your ex.

You know the saying.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me."

Back in the Day with Teams STRQ and AARN 4 New
Saia was doing some laundry in the laundry room: Arjun's in particular. She bends over to get into a dryer, and stands up... To see a smiling young man with silver hair and dark eyes.

Saia: "Oh! Hello...?"

Jett: "Jett Ivory."

Saia: "Yes, hello Jett. What can I do for you?"

Jett: "Well, I just wanted to ask... Why are you doing laundry for that prince of yours?"

Saia: "He's my prince. Of course I'm going to do laundry for him."

Jett: "But you don't have to. You're both students. Make him do his own laundry!"

Saia: "I'm doing it for him." She pulled more clothing out of the dryer

Jett: "Yeah, but why? He's always so cold to you! He's a total jerk... Why do you put up with him?"

Saia: tense "Because it's my duty to my prince."

Jett: scowls "He doesn't even have a kingdom anymore! He's not a prince, you don't owe him any-"

Saia: "Stop it!"

Saia glares at Jett, who stares in shock. Saia takes a deep breath, calming herself.

Saia: "As long... As long as he's alive... We have hope that our kingdom can be ours again! That we can get back what was taken! How dare you say he's not a prince! That-that we don't have a kingdom anymore!"

Jett: "I-Sorry-!"

Saia: "Don't talk to me about this ever again!" She huffs, and storms off. Jett watches her go.

Jett: "Geez... What's her problem...?"

Back in the AARN dorm, Saia comes in, still upset. Arjun, studying, looks up with a frown.

Arjun: "Saia? What's wrong?"

Saia: "I... It is nothing, Prince Arjun. Do not be concerned-"

Arjun: "Saia..." He rises and walks over to her. He holds the laundry basket "You are the only servant I have left. Your welfare is my concern. So... What is it?"

Saia: "I..." sighs "Some student thought you were... Mistreating me. He did not believe you were a prince... That we do not have a kingdom anymore. I became very angry with him."

Arjun: "... I see." He sighed

Saia: "I apologize for my lack of control, Prince Arjun. You cannot afford me to be weak-"

Arjun: "There is nothing to apologize for."

Saia: "But-But Prince Arjun-!"

Arjun: "The bleating of fools does not matter to me, Saia." He looks into her eyes "I made a promise to you... To our people. One day, I will reclaim the throne. I will free our people. And I will get you back to our home. I intend to keep that promise, Saia. No matter how many people think it is impossible... I swear. I will do this."

Saia: sniffles "Prince Arjun..."

Arjun dabs her eyes with one of his shirts. She gasps.

Saia: "P-Prince Arjun! You shouldn't-!"

Arjun: "It's a shirt, Saia." sighs "You shouldn't fuss over me. I can take care of myself."

Saia: "Yes, but..." She refolds the shirt "You are working so hard... I-I wish to do whatever I can to ease your burden, My Prince. You... You are our hope."

Arjun: sighs, small smile "... Then do as you wish. I will not stop you."

Saia: smiles "Thank you, My Prince."

Someone clears their throat. Both Arjun and Saia look over at a smirking Isabel and Qrow, and a grinning Nick.

Arjun: annoyed "... Something we can help you with?"

Isabel: "Do you two need to be alone?"

Arjun: "Yes! Must I suffer you fools constantly? Can I not have some peace with my maid?"

Qrow: "Looks like you want a piece of your-"

A arrow shoots right by Qrow's ear and imbeds itself in the wall behind him. Qrow looks back at the arrow, and then back at Arjun who is notching another arrow.

Arjun: "Would you like to complete that thought, Branwen? It will be the last you ever have."

Saia: "My Prince! Please! It-It was a mere jest!" blush "Of-Of course you would never have a romantic interest in-in a mere maid! It's ridiculous!"

Arjun: "I..." coughs "Yes... Of course..."

Saia: "If you will excuse me, My Prince. Friends. Branwen." She leaves with the laundry to sort it.

Qrow: "Huh... And people say I'm bad with women."

Arjun: "I can still kill you."

Qrow: "Yeah, but I'm still right."

Nick: "Come on, Arjun! I think it's great you and Saia have kissy feelings for each other!"

Arjun: "We don't. She is my loyal servant. I made a promise to her. To free our homeland. There is no romantic interest involved! I would make that promise to any of my subjects. Their welfare is my duty."

Isabel: "Uh huh... We totally believe you, Arjun." nods

Arjun: "Sarcasm is for those without anything intelligent to say, you know."

Isabel: "Isn't that just what people say when they don't have a good comeback?"

Arjun: glares "... I would shoot you with an arrow if I didn't know it wouldn't do anything."

Qrow: "Thinking of penetrating another woman? What would Saia think?"

Arjun: "BRANWEN YOU'RE A DEAD MAN!"

Cowboys of Remnant: "Black and White" New
Now... Admittedly, I haven't done anything with Roman Torchwick in this verse because, well... Cowboy!Jaune would be rather straightforward about dealing with him.

However? I have an idea...

- - -

Roman Torchwick wasn't having the best night. Bad enough Red's Kitty friend and her boyfriend were crashing his deal with the White Fang, now she got backup?!

He was tough, sure, but he was a Gentleman Thief. Not Gentleman Bruiser! And none of these White Fang were worth their pay given how a bunch of school kids were clobbering them!

He turned to give a parting, pithy remark to Red and her little friends... When his trademark hat went flying off his head as a rifle boomed.

"What the-?!"

He spotted the shooter. His eyes went wide.

No... No way... It can't be...!

From this distance... That hat. That poncho. The hair was a little blonder, maybe, and he couldn't make out the face behind the scope... But who else could it be?

"Next one's taking off your head, Torchwick!" Someone bellowed. Roman paled.

No fucking way... Blanco?!

He had very seldom needed to hit the emergency button... But he clicked it anyway. Neo had been told to hang around. If she wanted any more ice cream then by God she was gonna respond!

"Well, see, about that..."

He felt Neo's Semblance slide in front of him, like a mirror curtain descending on the world. Roman looked over at his adoptive daughter/partner sitting on a crate nearby. She was licking an ice cream cone and smirking a bit.

"What took you?!" Roman hissed. "That's Blanco out there!"

Neo paused. She then grinned.

"No, you are not gonna fight him!" Roman growled, hustling away under the cover of Neo's illusions. "Once was bad enough!"

Neo pouted. She then signed something a bit more complex. Roman shook his head.

"I don't care if it's his understudy! We are not tangling with that man! NOW GO!"

They managed to run to the Bullhead and took off, just as the illusion broke. Gunfire followed them, but the aircraft fled with one container of Dust still underneath. Roman sighed and sat back on the Bullhead.

"Great," he muttered, "Now they know you're working with me."

Neo looked thoughtful. She then held up his hat. Roman took it into his hands and mournfully poked a finger through the bullet hole.

"That helps a little... But you know what the Hatter's gonna charge me to repair this?"

Neo shrugged.

"No I'm not buying a new one! This is my hat! That's the point!"

- - -

Back on the ground, Jaune finally made it to the meeting point with the rest of his friends and the two newcomers.

"Pyrrha? Ren? Scout out for any strays, bring 'em back here. I think we got most of 'em but let's be thorough," Jaune ordered, handing out some rope. Pyrrha smiled as Ren nodded.

"Of course Jaune!"

"On it."

They ran off. Jaune looked at the White Fang members all lying on the ground, moaning and otherwise incapacitated. He handed another bundle of rope to Nora.

"Tie 'em up, and stand guard," Jaune ordered. Nora saluted.

"Aye aye, Captain! Can I break their kneecaps if they try to run away?"

Jaune waited until he felt the eyes of the White Fang members on him, and nodded.

"Yup. And if they crawl away, you can shoot 'em," Jaune stated.

"WOO!" Nora cheered, taking the rope and running out.

That done, Jaune looked to Blake, who was standing off a bit awkwardly away from the rest of Team RWBY with that blond monkey Faunus boy.

Ain't he ever heard of buttons? Jaune thought to himself. He looked at Blake intently.

"You all right, Miss Belladonna?" He asked.

Blake slowly nodded, squeezing her bicep nervously.

"Y-Yes... Thank you."

"Just doin' my job," Jaune said kindly. He smiled at the monkey Faunus Boy. "Thank you fer keepin' her safe, Mister...?"

"Wukong! Sun Wukong!" Sun volunteered with a pose. He chuckled. "Man! You look like you walked right out of a movie!"

"Er, thanks, get that a lot," Jaune said. His eyes settled on the strange orange-haired girl also with them. She smiled and waved.

"Salutations, Jaune Arc! I am Penny Polendina! I am combat ready!"

"... Thank you Miss, I can see that," Jaune said with a nod and smile, "You sure are somethin' else with those flyin' swords!"

"Oh, I didn't do much, for I am just a normal human girl!" Penny said with a wave of her hand and a smile. Jaune blinked.

"Er... Certainly, Miss."

He looked at the rest of Team RWBY. Ruby herself looked very worried, Weiss was scowling, and Yang was forcing a smile.

"You all okay?" He asked.

Ruby raised an eyebrow.

"I didn't know you had a scope for your rifle," she said, half-accusatory. Jaune shrugged.

"Haven't needed it until now," he said, his rifle still on the prisoners.

"Good shootin', Tex," Yang chuckled with a wink, "You that precise with a rifle all the time?"

"Yes miss, I am," Jaune said with a nod... Then he blushed as Yang smirked. "Er... Um..."

"Not the time, Xiao-Long," Weiss growled. Yang winced.

"Just... Trying to lighten the mood?"

Jaune wasn't exactly an expert in interpersonal relations... But having seven sisters? He knew when it was his job to butt out.

"We'll watch the prisoners until the cops get here," Jaune said quietly, "So... You can talk things out. All right?"

"I... Thank you, Jaune," Ruby said with a warm smile. Jaune nodded and tipped his hat again.

"No problem, miss."

Team RWBY walked off to one of the docks. Jaune kept his eyes on the prisoners, as Nora gleefully tied them up while singing a bawdy barroom song. Sun and Penny stood there, Penny as ramrod straight and still as ever, Sun bouncing on his heels with nervous energy.

"So," Jaune said, "Where you two from?"

"Mistral, Haven Academy," Sun said with a grin. "I showed up early to scope out the town, have some fun!"

"Atlas!" Penny said cheerfully, "I am here to acclimatize myself to the environment I will be at for the Vytal Tournament, and to make friends!"

"Sounds good," Jaune agreed with a nod. "Welcome to Vale. I ain't too familiar with it myself, cept for Beacon and the stockyards, but it's a nice enough place."

"Stockyards? What, you're an actual cowboy?" Sun asked with a blink. "You're not just cosplaying?"

"Cos-what?" Jaune asked with a blink. There was a loud commotion at the front of the docks. The sound of hoofbeats filled the air. Racing around a pile of containers was Orleans, who skidded to a halt just in front of Jaune and began to lick him.

"Ack! Hey! Okay, okay! Nice to see you too, girl!" Jaune laughed. He reached up and patted the back of his horse's neck comfortingly. "I know staying' out the fight ain't yer thing, but it was mighty dangerous around here."

Orleans pouted. Penny beamed.

"A horse! As a normal human girl, I love horses!" She walked up and held up sugar cubes. "Here you go, girl!"

Orleans sniffed the cubes, and then Penny with a dubious look in her eyes... Before she licked them up. She neighed happily, as Penny reached up and stroked her neck.

"Such an amazing example of Equus ferus caballus! And with her Aura unlocked too!" Penny patted Orleans on the head. "You are a magnificent violation of Atlasian Law 405-7! Yes you are! Yes you are!"

Jaune and Sun blinked. They looked at each other.

"... Women, huh?" Sun asked with a shrug.

Jaune sighed, then nodded.

"Eeyup."

Friendship thus established, Sun grinned.

"So... You do realize you look like the Man without a Name, right?"

Jaune blinked.

"The what without who now?"

- - -

Because Roman Torchwick would have been one of the few criminals to have escaped Blanco, aka The Man With No Name expy in this universe. Which is like escaping Boba Fett or Samus Aran. It's NOT easy.

And even running into a guy who just looks like him and shoots like him is enough to make Roman decide "Nope, I'm out."

At least for now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back