• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[RWBY] RWBY Shorts

Jack and Cinder 2 New
I wanted to write something else, but then this happened:

- - -

Cinder went through the transfer papers one more time. It was late, Emerald and Mercury were already asleep, and yet... She couldn't let it go. She had to make sure it was all perfect, every bit.

This plan... It was everything. Everything she had worked for, everything she had bled for.

She sighed as she looked out the safehouse window. She narrowed her eyes as she saw a familiar form climb out of the window next door and get up onto the roof.

"Idiot," she muttered. She rose and walked to the window. She opened it and then jumped out and up, climbing to the roof. The power of the Maiden thrummed under her skin, and almost felt strongest under the moon. How curious.

She put the sensation out of her mind as she glared at Jack.

"Why are you still up?" She demanded, "You should be resting. You're no good to anyone if you're exhausted."

Jack grimaced and bowed his head. It was strange how easily she could scold him. He actually cared about her opinions, even though if he willed it, she would be killed.

Not now, not when she had the Maiden's power... Well, half of it... But still.

"Sorry," Jack admitted, "I had the dream again."

Cinder stared at him, taken aback. Only the sounds of honking cars and the wind filled the city night. She shook her head slowly.

"You shouldn't... Worry about things like that," she said quietly.

"I do," Jack stated calmly, staring into her eyes. "I got careless, while you were taking the Maiden power."

"You..."

Cinder sighed. Her mind was cast back to that day. It should have been a triumph: They'd cornered Ozpin's Maiden. She had insisted on wandering alone wherever she wished. Her bodyguard, the unlucky drunk swordsman, was distracted. They'd fallen upon her and despite her power, they had taken her down. They were draining her of her magical power.

The power... It was what Cinder had craved all her long life. Even now, she felt so much more. More than some scullery maid or slave.

The swordsman had arrived sooner than they thought. Jack, in his cloak, had thrown himself into battle against him. Despite Jack's skill and training, despite anything else his mother may have done...

He had gotten struck across his chest. Blood had erupted from his armor. Cinder had called it off, and they'd retreated under a hail of flames she had conjured up. Mercury had carried Jack while Emerald cast illusions to cover their escape.

It had been a near thing. Thankfully, Branwen had been more concerned with the dying Maiden than them. Jack's Aura had healed him, and they'd gotten away.

Even so... It was an unacceptable... Interruption of their plans.

"You did get careless," Cinder stated in flat angry tones. Even as a chill went up her spine at the memory. "The Maiden Power is important. Half of it in our possession is... Is better than losing you."

Jack stared at her. Her eyes narrowed.

"Your mother would make me suffer the worst pain and agony imaginable if I lost you," she said in quiet anger.

Jack nodded.

"I know... But if I hadn't, you'd have been cut in half."

That... That was true. Qrow Branwen may have been a drunk, but he was formidable. He'd brushed past Emerald's illusions, parried Mercury's strike with contemptuous ease. If Jack hadn't been there...

"... Still," Cinder sighed, "You really shouldn't be out here. With us."

Jack looked away from her, onto the lights of the city.

"... I should know what the human world is like," he said, "Where I came from... Before we destroy it. I should know what it was before Mother wipes it clean. The New World won't be better unless we know what the Old World was like, right?"

Cinder snorted. Salem's overall plans were vague, at best. She promised power, influence, and a place in a new order. That was enough for her.

"It's not worth remembering," Cinder opined, walking up and sitting next to him. Jack stared at her.

"But you, Emerald, and Mercury came from it. So did Mother, long ago."

"So?" Cinder demanded.

"So," Jack said, looking back out at it, "It can't be all bad."

She was not blushing. She was not.

Honestly, she needed to nip this in the bud. Now. He'd been confusing and vexing her since they'd met, and with how crucial this operation was? They couldn't afford any distractions.

With that in mind... She decided to be direct.

"... If you wanted to woo me... If-If you wanted me," Cinder said, almost nervous, "You just had to ask."

Jack looked at her in confusion.

"Huh?"

Cinder glared, even as her cheeks burned bright red.

"You... You want me, don't you? As... As your woman? I... I'd be willing to do it. You... You'd just have to order me! So why... Why are you doing all this?"

Jack blinked rapidly. He blushed.

"What?!"

"Isn't... Isn't that why you're doing all of this?" She demanded. "The kindness? Defending me? The... The personal entreaties? You're trying to make me care for you, aren't you? Why bother? I... I'm bound to your service! You could make me do anything you want!"

Jack blinked a few times. He cleared his throat as his face burned red.

"Cinder... Y-yeah. I could do that. But... You were already a slave. Already forced to do things you didn't want to do. Why would I want you to suffer like that?"

"I... You have power over me," Cinder explained, exasperated and angry, "Why wouldn't you abuse that power over me?! Why are you playing these games?!"

"I don't know what you mean, Cinder," Jack said, "I just care about you. I want you to be happy."

Cinder's jaw dropped. She stared at him in utter disbelief.

"I... But... Wh-Why?!" She finally demanded.

Jack shrugged.

"I like you. I like Emerald and Mercury too, but... I like you the most. You're strong, you're smart, you... You treat me like a normal person. You look after me." He smiled gently. "And I think you're beautiful. And I just want you to be happy."

She looked at her knees, feeling like a lost little girl again.

"... Why would you want that?" She whispered.

Jack scooted up to her.

"If I have power over people I care about, why wouldn't I want them to be happy?" He asked. "I don't like the idea of anyone I care about suffering or being in pain. You... You make my life better."

He leaned in a bit.

"Do... Do you care about me too, Cinder?"

Cinder was silent for a while, the city ambiance washing over them. She sucked in a deep breath.

"... If I said yes, what would you want me to do?" She asked, soft as a butterfly wing.

"Only what you wanted to do," Jack said earnestly.

Cinder sighed and shook her head.

"You're a sentimental fool, you know that right?" She muttered.

Jack smiled.

"Yeah. That's why I'm lucky to have you around."

Cinder snorted, though there was a hint of a smile on her lips.

"You don't have to answer or anything," Jack said, "Just... Ya know... That's how I feel."

He looked out at the world again. Cinder looked out with him.

"I still think this is a mind game of yours," Cinder admitted.

Jack blinked a few times.

"I was never good at those," he admitted, "Uncle Hazel always won... Or lost...?" He frowned. "I don't know for sure."

Cinder snorted again. He scooted up a little closer. She sighed and leaned against him.

"... You're a hopeless idiot," she muttered.

Jack nodded with a smile.

"I know."

"I might just use you for my own purposes," Cinder muttered again.

"I know that too."

She scowled.

"Do you have to be so sincere?! You're going to get us caught at Beacon."

Jack coughed.

"Sorry..."

Cinder grumbled. She felt his arm go up around her shoulders, and she let him hold her. He was very warm and it was a little cold out.

"Just... Don't do anything stupid, all right? Leave everything to me," she ordered.

Jack chuckled.

"I always do..."

- - -

Yang Xiao-Long sighed as she walked back towards the dorms. Her gym session had run overly long due to some stupid drama between Blake and Weiss, she'd missed dinner-In a word, she was done.

She walked the Beacon campus, grumbling under her breath... When she smelled food. She followed her nose, and her eyes soon located the source:

Jaune Arc, of all people, sitting on a bench and looking up at the sky. He had a to-go box of chicken fingers and fries, with some sodas. Her mouth watered. Okay, so it was greasy and unhealthy as fuck: At this moment, she didn't care.

"Hey VB."

Jaune looked away from the stars, startled. He then sighed.

"Oh, hey Yang," he said. "Late from the gym?"

"Yeah," Yang said with a nod, "Thought you were training with Pyrrha?"

"We had to cut it early due to a call from her mom," Jaune explained. He picked up a chicken finger and put it in his mouth, chewing softly.

"Mind spotting me some food?" Yang asked with a grin, "I missed dinner."

She leaned over and winked at him. Hey, if he was sharing some food, she may as well be nice... And tease him a little. She loved doing that.

Strangely he didn't even seem to notice. He just nodded and went back to looking up at the sky. Yang frowned a little, but soon her stomach growled and she walked over to sit next to him. She dug in happily, enjoying the greasy goodness.

"So," she said, after dousing her hunger with some food, "Why are you out here, anyway? Thinking up love poems for Weiss?"

She popped a soda and drank it. Jaune shook his head.

"No. Just remembering my brother. This was the day he..."

He trailed off, and shrugged.

Yang paused and set the soda can down. She looked at Jaune, really looked at him. His body language could often be overly dramatic but it was rarely so... Down.

She put it together in an instant.

"Oh... I'm sorry," she murmured. "I can go if-"

"No, no, it's cool," Jaune said, shaking his head, "Um... I mean, you're still hungry and... And I can't eat all this myself."

Yang nodded slowly. She ate, though more slowly. Jaune kept staring up at the sky.

She hesitated.

"... You... Want to talk about it?" She asked. Jaune shook his head.

"I... I mean... You probably don't want to-"

"If you want to, that's okay," Yang said gently. Jaune turned to stare at her. He shrugged.

"It... Not much to say," he admitted. "His name was Jack. He was my twin. We were... We were five. On a camping trip around Argus. We were just having fun near the edge of the campsite... We'd found this really cool stick and... Well... We were walking back to the tents. We were still in sight of them so our parents thought it would be safe."

He looked away, back at the sky.

"There was a perimeter breach," he said, "Grimm were on us in no time. My mom and dad... They were Hunters, so they fought them. My big sister tried to get to us but... An Ursa charged through the trees. I..."

He stared at his hand. His tone remained cold and detached, even as it shook.

"Jack got separated. My sister got me... Tried to get to Jack, but the Ursa roared. So many other Grimm charged... My dad threw himself into the fight. He cut through them... But more and more came and... And we had to run."

Yang stared at Jaune intently. He didn't look grief stricken so much as... As tired. Aged.

"When the Rangers got control again, my parents went back in," he said, "They... They searched everywhere. We tried to months, scoured all over the park, but..."

He bowed his head. Yang bit her lower lip, before she reached out. She rested a hand on his shoulder and squeezed.

"That's horrible, V... Jaune," Yang said softly.

He glanced at her hand, and for a moment Yang thought about pulling away. Even though a warm hand and some comfort was all she had ever wanted when Summer had...

He nodded, a wan smile on his face.

"... Thanks," he mumbled. He looked back towards the stars again. He sighed.

"I... That's kind of why I'm here, I guess," Jaune muttered, "My parents wanted me to do something safer. Tried to discourage me, but... I don't want that to happen to anyone else."

Yang nodded.

"I... I get it," she murmured. "My mom... She was amazing. A great Huntress. She was basically my hero. She died on a mission when I was five so... So I don't remember her well but she was just amazing. And losing her was..."

Jaune looked back to her. He rested his hand on hers, and squeezed it.

"Yeah," he murmured. He shook his head. "I'm sorry about her."

"I'm sorry about your brother," Yang said quietly.

"I-I mean... I know that... There's nothing I could have done," Jaune admitted, "Nothing I could have tried. I was a kid... But..."

Yang nodded slowly.

"Yeah. Yeah, I know what you mean," she said. "You hate feeling weak. You hate feeling helpless. You don't want to... To go through that. Or let anyone else go through that again."

She still remembered how terrified she'd been when those Grimm had closed in on her and Ruby in the woods. How helpless she had felt, how loudly Ruby cried... The relief when Qrow jumped in and saved them, and the guilt over putting her little sister into danger.

Jaune nodded back with similar gravity.

"Yeah... Exactly,"

Jaune sighed. He grabbed another chicken finger and ate it. She did the same. They chewed in silence as they looked up at the stars.

"We'll make them proud," Yang stated impulsively, "We... Both of them. I promise."

Jaune looked over at her and smiled. And despite the sorrowful feeling over them both, she couldn't help but feel warmed by it. Just a little.

"Yeah. Yeah, we will..."

- - -

Last edited:
Yeah its gonna be hilarious when they reunite and he finds out everything was just a lie.

Salem: "Okay, so I stole you away from your loving family and raised you as my own in my plan to destroy humanity. And I also lied to you about them abandoning you. But I had good intentions, really!"

Salem: "Okay, so I stole you away from your loving family and raised you as my own in my plan to destroy humanity. And I also lied to you about them abandoning you. But I had good intentions, really!"
Jake: All this just because you couldn't understand the till death do us part is a thing for a reason!?

I just had a idea of JNPR playing around with different weapons, dust crystals and techniques and very quickly learn to keep Nora away from spears and lightning crystals at the same time because she somehow keeps turning them into railgun rods. (Pyrrha is jealous. Ren is tired. And Jaune knows goodwitch is headed his way because of the craters.)

Cross posting between here and SB.
As a somewhat funny prompt for the Guys Night Out have this song.
I can just see the girls coming up with scenarios only to cut to the guys at a Renaissance fair/tour of a frozen pizza factory just having fun. I admit most days I want to return to monkey and just be in the woods.

Merlot Makes an Evil Clone of Pyrrha New
RWBY and JNR are confronting Merlot in his evil lab.

Ruby: "Merlot! But I thought you were dead!"

Merlot: "Please, Miss Rose, you have so few villains as it is! At least I'm somewhat interesting!"

Nora: "He's got a point there."

Blake: "So, what's your evil scheme this time, Merlot? How are you oppressing Faunuskind now?"

Ruby: "Blake!"

Blake: "Also humanity... I guess..."

Merlot: "I'm glad you asked! BEHOLD!"

An evil, sexily dressed Pyrrha with dark make up walks up.

Jaune: "P-Pyrrha?!"

Pyrrha: "Hello Jaune~. Hello everyone~."

Ruby: "Wha-What-How-?!"

Merlot: "I'm a master of the biological sciences, Miss Rose, do keep up. I cloned Pyrrha! I grew her in a lab and loaded her with all the memory scans I could find to reproduce her! I even used scans of her soul!"

Jaune: "You're a complete fucking monster!"

Pyrrha: "Why are you so angry, Jaune? He did this for you."

Jaune: "I-What?"

Pyrrha: "I may be a copy of Pyrrha, but we have the same feelings for you. I'm madly in love with you and I want to have your babies!"

RWBY and N: "Say what?!"

Jaune: "What?!"

Pyrrha: "Yes Jaune. I'm not longer bound by my non-existent backstory! I am free to pursue my heart's desire and it's you!"

Merlot: "Yes Jaune! You see, I agree with my clone's desires! They were so strong they transcended Death itself!"

Yang: "But why?!"

Jaune: "Yeah, seriously, why?!"

Merlot: "Because you're absolutely broken, Jaune! Your growth in my video game is nothing short of phenomenal! You could solo the whole campaign! Even better than Ruby!"

Ruby: "I'm not that bad-!"

Merlot: "You absolutely are."

Ruby is sad.

Nora: "Hey, I do the meta jokes around here!"

Merlot: "If you and Pyrrha had children, you would produce the most powerful warriors who ever lived! Same with you and any other girl! Well except for Weiss."

Weiss: "EXCUSE YOU?! OUR BABIES WOULD BE SUPER POWERFUL! N-NOT THAT I WANT THEM!"

Ruby: "You tsundere!"

Weiss: "I AM NOT!"

Merlot: "Indeed, Pyrrha would only be the first to have your children as part of my plan! YOU ALL WOULD! Except for with Ren, since he's a guy. For now. I could fix that?"

Ren: "Please don't."

Ruby: "WE'LL NEVER HAVE BABIES WITH JAUNE! I-I mean, not under an evil scheme! Just because I come off as autistic doesn't mean I don't have a libido or-or anything and I'd be totally fine with having his children! BUT NOT LIKE THIS!"

Weiss: "I-I don't want him at all! Never have I ever! NEVER! IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND!"

Blake: "And I'm totally devoted to Yang despite the fact our relationship seems based on nothing more than killing my ex-boyfriend and Tumbler pressure from twelve people! It's not like it will just fall apart the instant we're out of peril and I'll just get a harem of Faunus when I inherit my parents' position!"

Yang: "S-Sure! She... She totally won't abandon me! ... Again!"

Blake: "You could stop eying Jaune's butt, ya know."

Yang: "YOU FIRST!"

Blake: "I MISS SUN DAMNIT!"

Yang: "WELL I WANT A REAL RELATIONSHIP!"

Blake: "And yet you picked me, so that's really on you!"

Jaune: "This is crazy! I don't care how sexy and seductive your evil clone Pyrrha is, or how confused you've made all my friends! I will never betray humanity... Or Faunuskind... for your mad scheme!"

Merlot: "Mad scheme?! I want to destroy Salem and create a utopia for Faunus and mankind! Where we will all be equals!"

Blake: "THE FIEND!"

Merlot: "And I want you to have a large happy family with the first girl who saw your potential, Jaune!"

Pyrrha: "It's what I want too, Jaune! I have a maid outfit all ready to go!"

Merlot: "I'll take pictures, Jaune! Pictures that will go with my fanfiction!"

Jaune: "Your what?!"

Merlot: "My scientific documentation of your children, Jaune! So, what do you say?"

Jaune: "I mean... Um... It is tempting but uh... I can't duck my bro Ren like this."

Ren: "Thank you Jaune."

Nora: "Appreciate it!"

Merlot: "Well, they can just have babies independently. I'm not a monster!"

Yang: "Says the mad scientist who cloned our dead friend."

Merlot: "FOR SCIENCE!"

- - -

... I don't know what this is. I'm a little afraid, really.

I don't know what this is. I'm a little afraid, really.
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
Its a masterpiece.

Merlot Makes an Evil Clone of Pyrrha 2 New
Merlot: "Look Jaune! You can either join me and have a solid plan of defeating Salem-"

Jaune: "How is me having a harem and dozens of babies a solid plan?"

Merlot: "Or you can stick with the body hopping immortal who has failed to stop his ex-wife for thousands of years and even now is consuming that boy's soul!"

Oscar: "Wait, is he really-?"

Ozma: "No! Well yes, unfortunately. Not my fault, blame the gods!"

Ruby: "Oh my God, was it you or Ozma who checked me out?!"

Oscar: "Me! I mean him! Fifty-Fifty?"

Ozma: "I can't help these hormones!"

Ruby: "Jaune, I'm voting for Merlot."

Oscar: "Wait what?!"

Ruby: "Look, my sister is gonna end up some lonely angry biker lesbian with an apartment full of cats. I'm not gonna go that route!"

Yang: "Like hell I am! I'm taking Jaune!"

Ruby: "You don't get him! I called dibs!"

Yang: "Well I called secret dibs so there!"

Blake: "HA! He'll be part of my harem, thank you! Everyone knows I'm the harem lead in this series! He's mine!"

Yang: "Scat, cat! I came to my senses and you're a dumpster fire!"

Blake: "Oh please! I'm basically a princess!"

Weiss: "EXCUSE YOU, BITCH?! I'm the real ojou-sama around here and I'm getting my knight! Suck it, you whore!"

Blake: "I'm willing to wear a collar for Jaune! Just like in my porn!"

Weiss: "LIKE HELL YOU WILL!"

Pyrrha: "I'm totally fine with sharing, Jaune! The more the merrier!"

Jaune: "Were you always this freaky or is this the cloning thing talking?"

Pyrrha: "YES."

Ozma: "This is ridiculous. Merlot can't beat Salem! She can't be killed!"

Merlot: "No, but she can be contained, or mitigated, or weakened, shoved into a rocket and then blasted into the sun."

Jaune: "She can be?"

Merlot: "I did the math. I'm good at math."

Ozma: "That's ridiculous, Dust can't go past the atmosphere!"

Merlot: "I'd be using a regular rocket. With fossil fuels and hydrogen powering it."

Ozma: "That's nonsense!"

Merlot: "It's SCIENCE. Honestly, it's not like we're suffering Kessler Syndrome and we have flying battleships. A simple chemical rocket isn't that hard to put together and launch. It's just math."

Ozma: "I INVENTED MATH!"

Merlot: "Well you didn't do a very good job of it now did you?!"

Nora: "Should we do something?"

Ren: "I don't think it will help."

Nora: "Probably not. Popcorn?"

Ren: "Thank you."

Merlot Makes an Evil Clone of Pyrrha 3 New
Merlot: It doesn't have to work past the atmosphere, with sufficient velocity it won't fall back to Remnant. Get her contained, use a ton of gravity dust to make things lighter, fire dust to get a powerful enough blast and you could get past the gravitational pull of Remnant!

Ozma: You're going to contain her? How?

Merlot: "With the help of an army of Jaune's children with their superpowered Semblances, we can contain Salem!"

A pause.

Merlot: "Failing that, we can use his incredible Rizz to seduce her!"

Jaune: "WHAT?!"

Ozma: "Seriously?!"

Merlot: "Hey, I have MANY plans! And they're all better than 'Stalemate until we all die!'"

Nora: "Would Jaune have to make out with Ren as part of your Rizz Up plan?"

Merlot: "Possibly!"

Nora: "I'M IN!"

also does it matter if dust is only workable in the atmosphere? just blast the rocket out with enough propellant before it stops working.

edit: i wrote that before i read the second one lol so much for that.

Last edited:
Let's see... More prompts. More wholesome than the last couple of ones in order to balance things out:

-Ruby spends time with Isabel Arc, who mothers her. Which leads to Yang having some insecurities about how she did raising Ruby.

-Ren and Nora don't know how to play video games. They've never had the chance. So Jaune and Ruby teach them. Pyrrha doesn't really game either so she joins in. Wholesomeness ensues.

-Sun faces the fact that he's kind of a terrible leader and so asks Jaune, Ruby, Coco, and even Cardin advice on how to improve.

-Cardin settles things with Jaune and his team after Forever Fall with some manly bonding. To make it so they clear the air and they're friends again (as Cardin's team ran away when things went bad). Explore this!

-More ideas for Jack and Cinder. How do Jaune and Jack react to seeing one another? What does Emerald think of Cinder getting close to Jack?

-More ideas for "Lines of Succession". How do Nana Arturia and Papa Shirou react to Jaune becoming King? How does Blake manage the Faunus and human divide in Vale? How do their friends handle their new responsibilities?

-Mercury ends up the boytoy of one Coco Adel as she wants to use him as a model. How does he handle this without blowing his cover or making Cinder decide to fry him?

-Weiss tries to prove she can do work like a normal person. Things don't go well.

Last edited:
The Birds and the Bees New
The Birds and the Bees (no sex)*

Inspired and taken from this https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3868283/1/Adventures-In-Education

It was just an ordinary day at Beacon, with the sky smiling down on the school and the birds chirping happily. Isabel was scribbling away in her notebook while nick was mindlessly playing catch with himself throwing a ball at a wall.

After a particularly limp throw and catch Nick stopped and turned to his partner. "Hey Izzy?"

"Yes, Nick?"

"You're studying to be a doctor right?"

Isabel raised an eyebrow. She's been clear about that ever since she first came here. When was that ever in doubt?. "I am. Why?"

She did not expect what Nicholas said next.

"Do you know where babies come from?"

Isabel froze. She knew Nick was ignorant about many things due to his upbringing. But surely that priest grandfather of his would at least tell him that. Right? She slowly turned to face her partner. "Do,.. Do you not know?"

Nick shrugged. "Nah, it never seemed important."

"And yet you're asking about it. So what changed?

Nick paused. " Remember those kids we had to babysit for a few days?"

Isabel smiled fondly. It was a simple enough mission. A couple veteran hunters had to go on a week long mission. And so they hired Beacon to help find babysitters. They were rambunctious and difficult at first, but Nick's lack of shame and maturity allowed him to bond with them easily. By the time they left they were asking if they can see him next time they went on a mission.

"I do. I'm surprised we didn't need to pry them off you when we had to leave."

Nick caught the ball in his hands and placed it on the bed. "It had me thinking that not too long ago I was their age. Their size… and then… I was thinking… where did they come from? Where did I come from? How are they made? Do yoh Know Izzy? Qrow said you'd know better than him about this." Not for the first time, Nicholas looked to Isabel with… thatlook. The one that resembled a lost puppy desperately trying to find its toy. The look he gave when he genuinely wanted to learn something and was interested. The one that always did infuriating things to Isabel's heart.

Isabel fought the blush in her cheeks and sighed rubbing her temples.

"You're… going to want to sit down.. and take notes! I'm not repeating it twice!"

Isabel pulled out the chair from her desk and placed it in the center of the room.
At the same time she pulled out a giant whiteboard from… somewhere and hammered it to the wall. After grabbing onto Nick's hands she dragged him to the seat, sat h8m down in it and shoved an empty Notebook and pen into his hand.

Isabel started drawing a diagram of the female reproductive sytem just like in her books. She began labeling each part dilligently while Nick tried to follow along and copy her drawing.

Once the drawing was done Isabel inhaled.

"Okay… so… Babies…. They… come from the uterus. It is an organ exclusive to the female reproductive syste,"

Nick nodded and scribbled in his notebook. "So only girls can have a baby?"

Isabel's lips firmed. "Yes and No. The girls would have to reach maturity first. Say… about 12 years old minimum. Before then they won't even have any eggs to fertelize."

Nick's eyebrows shot into his hairline. "Woman lay eggs? I thought it was just birds!"

Isabel lightly chuckled. She was eternally grateful no one else was here to laugh at him for this. "Well, it's a little bit different, but essentially, yes; women do lay eggs on a monthly basis. But unlike a bird, humans only lay their eggs once they've gone bad- if they're fertilized, they stay inside the body to develop."

Nick nodded as he faithfully wrote in his gifted notebook p. "So, women lay rotten eggs every month, and if the egg doesn't go bad it stays in the body?"

Isabel nodded. "Correct. This is called menstruation, in which the Uterus prepares for pregnancy by shedding its outer skin and becomes excreted from the Woman's Vagina."

An enlightened look crossed Nick's eyes. "Ooooh so that's why you needed those pads. To clean up the skin.

Isabel smiled. "Indeed. Now once the outer skin is removed, a fertilized egg will enter the Uterus and develop into a baby, over a period of nine months. When the fetus is ready, birth takes place."

Isabel took a look at Nicholas praying that this would be the end of it. Praying that this was as awkward as it was going to get.

Sadly reality was a cruel sadistic bitch." …How does it get fertilized ?"

Isabel's semblance was the only thing keeping her from blushing. Tdesperately thinking of what to say. She couldn't find anything so she did the next best thing… Stall.

"I'm sorry?"

Nick pointed to the egg in the diagram. "The egg, how does it get fertelized?"

Okay times up. " I… well….Sperm travels through the fallopian tubes into the ovum, or egg."

A look of c onfusion crossed his face as he quickly over the diagram and saw nothing for "sperm" "…What's sperm?"

Isabel's blush darkened. She spoke slowly and deliberately to make sure she didn't lose a single shred of her dignity. "A man's genetic material. It's a white Liquid excreted from a man's… penis… Have you ever …had that happen before?"

Now it was Nick's turn to blush.

" A…few times in the past month or sobut why does it do that? I'm not making a baby. Not yet anyway."

Isabel put aside any and all thoughts of Nick's… 'Ejaculations'. She took a deep breath. "Let's…. Put that… aside for now. Now let's get back on track. A sperm fertilizes a woman's egg and becomes a fetus."

"But how does it get into the tubes?" Nick asked

"Fallopian tubes. Well… they… they would usually have… Sex."

Nick put his finger to his chin in a conetmplative gesture. "I've heard that a couple of times but i never really thought to ask. What's sex?"

It took every ounce of control in Isabel to not let her blush darken further at what she was about to do. About explaining Sex to a well built sculpte- NONONONONO! FOCUS!

Isabel sighed heavily. She focused on her current objective. teaching. Teaching and informing Nicholas. Just… get it all done.

" It's when a man and a woman… or really two individuals… attempt… to pleasure each other through touching their bodies… usually their… penis and their vaginas. The important part is. Through this proccess, A man's penis would enter the vagina and eject their sperm inside the Woman's tubes into their Uterus. Which would then fertilize the egg turning it into a fetus."

Isabel began to speak faster desperate to end this.

"The uterus then expands to accommodate the growing size of the fetus. When the uterus expands, the woman's stomach gets bigger. And that's where babies come from. Now let me see your notes I need to make sure you got everything down properly."

Without waiting for Nick to respond she carefully snatched the notebook from his lap and hid her face behind it pretending to examine his notes. While she took a moment to come down to reality.

10 years later

Nick confidently pointed at his poorly drawn diagram of the female reproductive system. "And then the Uterus grows bigger so it can take care of the baby. And that's where babies come from! Any questions princesses?" He ended his lesson with a smile.

Aqua and Saphron, 5 years old, sat on the couch staring at the information on the board still trying to process what they just heard. Eventually Aqua raised her hand.

"Yes Aqua?"

"Is that why you and mommy tell us to go play with the neighbors when she gets that look in her eye?"

Nick nodded. " well, ye"

An opening door signaled Isabel's return from work. "i'm home!"

We're in the kiving room!" Nicholas called Back. Isabel's heels clacked louder as she approached the kiving room untill she entered it, cheerfully sauntering toward her husband.

"Hi Nicky <3" The doctor gave a quick peck on the cheek to Nicholas before turning to the Whiteboard. Her look of serene happiness quickly dropped into a look of fringe horror.

This change in behavior didn't go unnoticed by her husband. He put hsi arms on her shoulder. "Honey? You okay?"

After a long beat of silence Isabel spoke ":…….. Saphron dear, what has Daddy been teaching you?"

Saphron answered her with a slightly haunted look. "Daddy told us where babies come from!"

Aqua shuddered next to her. " I'm never having babies. I do NOT want a yucky boy sticking his wee wee in me."

Isabel patted her head gently consoling her. "You won't have to if you don't want to sweetie, don't worry." Isabel then turned to glower at her idiot of a husband.

Nick stepped back in fear, instinctively understanding he fucked up. "Wha? What did I do?

"Kids go to your room. I have to teach daddy the importance of "Age appropriate learning" Her voice would've frozen the water vapor in the air.

Aqua scrunched her face in disgust "Ew. Is this another sex thing?"

Isabel glowered at her daughter. "It isn't. Rooms. Now."

The girls exited the room without further complaint.

Nick gulped as he prepared to face his wife's wrath.

Ideas:

- Yang has learned cooking from her grandmother Shanpū, so while she is a fantastic cook just like Jaune, they have compleetly different styles and will make very different dishes when using the same ingrediants.

- Jaune's Semblance isn't Aura Amp, but something else.
Aura Amp is just a small passive ability that all Arcs have, which lets them help heal and enchance things through direct contact of their Aura.
Jaune's ability is just much stronger than usual, it happens even when he's not actively using it on someone.
This is also what creates the Aura radiator effect

- Jaune has never actually met any real Faunus before going to Beacon, as they were all actaul mythical creatures instead.
This causes Jaune to behave like he's dealing with those mythical creatures, with all the customs and causion that it requires, which is very weird to everyone else.
This does mean that Jaune's natural behaviour will save the lives of him and all his friends whenever they run into somthing mythical, even if the rest never find out that it was anything dangerous or mythic at all.

- The Arc's typically don't have high rates of divorce, for the reasons that their partners are always end up settisfied in bed, and because trying to purposfully harm/hurt/steal from them through divorse causes all the magical boons the spouse got in their marridge to reverse and become curses/banes instead.
If a divorse happens amiably and from both sides than those boons just dissapear harmlessly.

A pyrrha idea.

So the group of rwbyjnr is fighting Salem to avenge Pyrrha...and save the world I guess.

When she oh so casually blasts their asses sky high and out of the battlefield.

When they land they do so by crashing through the roof of a house on a private island.

Where they find pyrrha in a fluffy bathrobe relaxing.

Turns out her cool maiden power was less "throwing firestorms like a angry god" and more "shiny teleport" and she used that to fake her death and retire.

Turns out she got sick of the fame, the fighting, Ozpins creepy need to know everything ( "I found cameras in the showers!"), and weird conspiracies. She's not even twenty. Fuck that.

Her friends are understandably not the happiest.

Last edited:
Sanctuary 5 New
- - -

Yang woke up the next morning to a knock at the door. She sat up, already reaching for her artificial arm. Ruby sat up just as quickly, already groping for Crescent Rose.

The door opened, and a woman who looked very much like Isabel Arc stood there. She was younger, had no glasses, and had her hair in a high ponytail that fell back over her shoulders, tied with a blue handkerchief. She smiled warmly.

"Good morning! I'm Lilac Arc! You must be Yang and Ruby! I got you because it's time for breakfast. Do you want some?"

"We would love breakfast!" Ruby said with a sleepy smile. Lilac beamed, almost radiating motherly energy.

"Of course! Come down when you're ready, it will be done in twenty minutes!"

"Thanks!" Ruby said. She looked over at Yang. "You set, Yang?"

"Sure," Yang said tiredly. She reached out and attached her arm.

In truth, she was starving. Staying up late last night had definitely taken it out of her though.

They went out to the bathroom. It was quite large, with a big shower and bathing area down on the first floor. Given Jaune had seven sisters, it wasn't surprising that they had a large bathroom. It was tiled in green and white but was a full Fuujin style bath, with a shower for cleansing. It was honestly very refreshing: Lilac had even laid out their normal clothes for them, laundered and cleaned.

So they arrived in the dining room, fully clothed. The dining room had large windows that looked out onto the mountains, and the opposing wall was also covered in photos. The dining table itself was very long and very old, but well polished and covered in a green tablecloth. Neptune, May, Arslan, Velvet, Cardin, Jaune, Nora, Ren, Orchid, and twin girls who resembled Jaune and Orchid sat on either side of it, the chair at the head of the table left empty.

Jaune's eyes met hers. They held their gaze for a moment, before Jaune looked back down at his breakfast.

"Morning Yang, Morning Ruby," Jaune said. Ruby smiled at him.

"Morning Jaune!" Ruby greeted. "Morning everyone!"

"Morning Jaune," Yang managed, "Everyone else."

"Morning Ruby and Yang," Neptune cheered, waving at her, "Nice to see you, good looking!"

"Good morning Ruby and Yang," Arslan greeted. May shyly greeted her under her breath. Cardin and Velvet were staring into eachother's eyes, sitting together and holding hands. Ruby cleared her throat. Cardin coughed.

"Ah... Hey Xiao-Long, Rose," Cardin said.

"Morning," Velvet said with a nod and smile. It was guarded, but not as hostile as Yang was expecting.

I guess getting laid put her in a good mood, Yang thought.

"Good morning Yang, Ruby," Orchid replied in a monotone.

"Morning!" The twins said cheerfully. One had orange highlights in long, spiky hair while the other had green in short, tomboyish locks.

"GOOD MORNING RUBY AND YANG!" Nora cheered. "THEY HAVE PANCAKES! WONDERFUL PANCAKES!"

"They're to die for," Ren deadpanned. Nora grinned in a feral fashion.

"Or kill for!"

Lilac Arc giggled, peeking out of the kitchen briefly.

"Oh, you! Eat up! There's plenty, Yang and Ruby!"

She ducked back into the kitchen. Yang and Ruby took their seats, and examined their plates. They were stacked high with flapjacks, bacon, strawberries, hashbrowns, and blueberries. It smelled wonderful, and it didn't take long for both sisters to eat their fill.

Even with Cardin and Velvet making gooey eyes at one another.

"It's so weird," Ruby mumbled through her pancakes. Yang nodded, and grimaced as Cardin fed Velvet some blueberries. Velvet giggled, and kissed his cheek.

"Yeah, I saw them out last night," Yang muttered back. Ruby's eyes widened.

"Really?" She whispered back. "Like... Were they...?"

"I'm not saying any more," Yang mumbled, "I want to finish my food."

"Can you two please cut that out?" Neptune moaned, as Velvet fed Cardin some pancakes, "You're grossing us out."

"Deal with it," Cardin huffed, "She likes it."

"I do!" Velvet said cheerfully. Neptune sighed and looked around. He smiled at Orchid, who was sitting next to him.

"Hey Orchid, you want to-?'

Jaune glared at Neptune so hard Yang could feel the heat from across the table. Neptune coughed.

"No thank you," Orchid stated, eating her pancakes, "I prefer to feed myself."

"May!" Neptune seized upon the shy sniper. May blushed.

"Um... N-No thank you?"

"Arslan!" Neptune tried.

"No thank you," Arslan stated, eating some strawberries. Neptune looked over at the twins.

"Verdy? Coral?"

Jaune's glare was especially intense. Verdy grinned, and got up. She walked over to Neptune's side, and leaned over with her hands on his shoulders.

"Oh my~! This is so sudden~! But I'll give it a try..."

She held up a grape. Neptune flushed. He opened his mouth nevertheless. She leaned in and pushed the grape into his mouth.

Which he bit down on. He then coughed... As his face went bright red.

"Ahh... AHHHH... HWAAAHHHH?!"

He grabbed the water jug and chugged it like a madman, guzzling it all down as he fell out of the chair to the floor. Jaune turned his glare onto Verdy.

"Verdy!"

"What? He wanted me to feed him," she giggled, "And I wanted to test out Coral's new pepper bomb mixture!"

"Heh. Brutal," Cardin chuckled.

"VERDY! CORAL!" Jaune growled.

"Sorry. Just trying to lighten the mood," Coral said with a shrug. Verdy giggled and helped pull Neptune back to his feet. She set him down in his chair, and patted his shoulder. "Thanks for being a good sport about it."

"S-Sure," Neptune managed, coughing a bit. Arslan sighed. May winced. Nora grinned.

"That's so awesome!" Nora cried. "You were really funny Neptune!"

Yang smirked a little. Coral sipped her tea.

"Besides, we're getting tired of fixing up weapons," Coral sighed, "It's all we've been doing since this started."

"Yeah," Verdy groaned, "Replacing firing pins, blacksmithing new swords-It's been exhausting."

"You're weapons engineers?!" Ruby cried excitedly.

"They are," Jaune said with a nod, "Though they work at the hospital too."

The twins made faces at this.

"We're so tired of medical filing," Verdy grumbled.

"And fixing ultrasound machines," Coral added.

"That's so cool!" Ruby cried. "I-I mean, the weapon engineering part, not the-You want to talk shop? Do you have custom weapons?"

"Just guns," Verdy shrugged, "We're not really any good at hand to hand."

"Which is why we stay behind the front lines," Coral added.

"I'm something of a weapons engineer myself, you know," Neptune said with a smile, finally recovered. "Maybe we can talk shop too-?"

Jaune glared DEATH at Neptune. He coughed.

"N-Nevermind!"

"He can learn," Arslan said in soft amusement.

The front door opened and slammed shut. Isabel Arc came into the dining room, looking utterly exhausted. All conversation ended and everyone stared intently at her. Isabel sighed.

"Uh, hey Mom," Jaune said carefully.

"Mom!" Coral and Verdy greeted.

"Mmph," Isabel managed. She collapsed at the end of the table, exhausted. Lilac was by her side in an instant, with six plates of food she set in front of her mother. Isabel tore into the food with a ravenous hunger that even Nora stared at in shock (and awe). When she was finished, she sighed heavily.

"Mom?" Jaune asked worriedly. Isabel shook her head.

"I finally got a break," she said quietly. "But... The hospital needs more medical supplies. Jaune?"

Jaune stared at his mother.

"Um, yes?"

"You know all the usual herbs and materials, and where to find them," she said. "Take your friends and go up today to gather them." She pulled out a piece of paper and handed it over to him. Jaune took it, his face stony.

"Picking flowers?" Cardin complained. "You can't be-!"

Isabel glared at him. A glare that spoke of several days without proper sleep or rest, and sheer maternal might. Cardin squeaked, and scooted his chair back. Velvet squeezed his hand comfortingly.

Jaune took a deep breath.

"Sure Mom," he said, "I know what we need to get."

"You've done it plenty of times, and in a big group, you'll be safe," Isabel managed, "Besides. It'll do you all some good."

Jaune stared at the paper list for a moment longer. He then took hold of it. He tucked it into his duster pocket.

"Yeah," he said. "Finish your breakfast, everyone. We're moving out soon. I'll go hitch up the cart."

He got up and headed off. The rest of the group soon finished their breakfasts, and headed out after him. Yang and Ruby took a bit longer, as Lilac got her mother a few jugs of water and juice. These she consumed as well.

"Haaaa... My Semblance lets me go without food or rest for a while," Isabel admitted, "But I have to replenish it all."

"You really shouldn't push yourself so hard, Mother," Lilac said.

"Ha, like she'll listen to that kind of stuff," Verdy snorted.

"She does sometimes," Coral said with a shrug. Isabel shook her head.

"Well, we finally have some reinforcements and replacements," she said, "So we can afford to relax a little. Your father should be home tonight, once his relief shows up."

She looks over at Yang and Ruby, finishing up their food.

"You two doing all right?" She asked.

"Just fine, Mrs. Arc," Ruby said.

Yang flexed her hand and nodded.

"All right, I guess," she said.

Isabel smiled at the two.

"I'd appreciate it if you could do me a favor? Keep an eye on Jaune, will you?"

Ruby flushed.

"Um... We usually do," she admitted, "Along with Ren and Nora."

Isabel nodded.

"I know... But it would put my mind at ease. I know you don't like being on standby... Nobody does..."

She scowled a bit, then shook her head.

"But you all need a rest. Believe me," she stated.

Ruby scowled.

"We're not that-!" She looked over at Yang. "I-I mean-!"

"It's fine," Yang said quietly, "We'll keep an eye on him, ma'am."

Isabel nodded and smiled.

"Thank you. I appreciate it. Now... If you'll excuse me, I'm-Zzzzzz..."

Her head bowed as she began to sleep, snoring softly. Lilac sighed.

"She overdid it again," she mumbled.

"Runs in the family," Yang grunted.

"Don't we know it," Orchid, Lilac Verdy and Coral said with long suffering expressions.

"Wow, in synch too!" Ruby gasped.

- - -

Last edited:
I'm imagining another copy of this map with stuff Nick has scribbled all over it....

"Secret candy stash here, don't tell Izzy!"

"Kid's Breakers Day presents hidden here"

"Best napping place here."

"Angry racoon nest."

"Dogs love to play around here."

"Where the teenagers go to smoke, drink and make out."

I don't know why but I just had the idea that the Arcs have a massive "secret" (as in, people know it exists, but woe to anyone who tries to get in) Vault, capital V. It's full of various things that are better locked up, expies of some media artefacts and all.

Oz may or may not have lost a few lives trying to get in...

Now, question is, what can we cram into it? Things like the Ark (heh) of the Covenant, the One Ring, etc... If I wasn't falling asleep and wasn't just on the tablet I'd give a shot at an inventory list...

I don't know why but I just had the idea that the Arcs have a massive "secret" (as in, people know it exists, but woe to anyone who tries to get in) Vault, capital V. It's full of various things that are better locked up, expies of some media artefacts and all.

Oz may or may not have lost a few lives trying to get in...

Now, question is, what can we cram into it? Things like the Ark (heh) of the Covenant, the One Ring, etc... If I wasn't falling asleep and wasn't just on the tablet I'd give a shot at an inventory list...
I know it goes against the point of the your idea but I can't help but remember that one scene from the Richie Rich movie when the bad guy breaks into the family vault expecting all kinds of treasure only to find it full of family photos and souvenirs because that's what they considered the most valuable thing to them.

So I could see the same happening with the Arc Family Vault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back