• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[RWBY] RWBY Shorts

Lancaster: Signs New
-Ruby tries to be a ninja as a lark. Shenanigans ensue.

Stolen from Tumblr just fit to me:
razorblade180
Follow
12h ago

Yang: All I'm saying is a good Full Nelson could've helped the situation.

Blake: I don't think that works against Xenomorphs.

Yang: But nobody ever tries in the movies. Just step on the tail too and- oh.

There's a sock on the dorm doorknob

Blake: Huh…I guess we're seeing another movie.

Yang: Works for me. Hopefully Weiss will be less sassy after scoring.

Blake: What makes you think Ruby isn't behind the door?

Yang: Pfft, no, no, no, no, I don't have to worry about that yet. She sweats shaking a person hand. It's definitely Weiss.

Blake: Could be both of them.

Yang: My little sister isn't currently behind this door.

Blake: Okay~

Yang: Don't do that. Ruby is probably somewhere trying not to pass out from embarrassment after seeing the sock herself. I mean who would think Weiss would be so bold and forward?

Weiss: Nobody, because "she" isn't.

The black and yellow of team RWBY whip their head around to see the girl crossing her arms as she stared at them with mild blush.

Weiss: Are they done yet?

Yang:…..

It felt instantaneous. The moment Yang so much as twitched her body, a glyph was in front of the door and Blake had her in Full Nelson as she started dragging her away.

Blake: Maybe you're right. This is a handy hold.

Yang: Release me.

Blake:
I don't have siblings, but this feels like one of those pivotal moments where you be supportive and not ruin something as it's happening.

Weiss: As a younger sister, Blake is correct. Look at it like this, there's only three reasonable options. If it's Penny, you lose. If it's Pyrrha, you lose. If it's Jaune, you still have to fight Pyrrha.

Yang: That won't save them from my wrath! And if it's none of those three?

Blake and Weiss: Then we'll help you kill them.

Ruby: Who are we killing?

WBY:*turn around* Ruby!?

Ruby:*workout gear* H-Hi? How was the movie?

Weiss: Who's in our dorm!?

Ruby: Huh? Oh, Coco paid me to use it with Velvet. Because their team was tired from a mission.

Yang: Oh cool.

Weiss: Cool!? You can't just rent out our-

Ruby: I swapped our sheets and charged half of Yang's weight in lien.

Weiss: Outstanding.

Yang: My weight!?

Blake: Even when you win, you lose. *lets go* I guess you were right not to worry.

Ruby: Did you think I was in there? A third of my social circle is in this hallway. And the rest are across it.

Weiss: Yeah you need more friends.

Ruby:
I'm not taking that from you.

Yang: Welp, now that my adrenaline is calming down, let's go grab a bite or something. Honestly I feel bad. I'm sure Velvet heard some of that.

Ruby: That wouldn't surprise me.

Blake:
We'll apologize later.

All four of them walk away in peace, their team life remaining in tact.

Several minutes earlier, inside the dorm.

Yang: *being aggressively loud outside*

Ruby:
*puts on shirt* Yeah, so I'm just gonna fly out the window, then come back up through the corridor and lure them away so you can escape.

Jaune: I thought your sister liked me?

Aggressive struggling continues

Ruby: Let's not take risks.

Jaune: Yeah I like my life. Fortunately, *pulls out scroll* Coco said she'd do me a solid for helping Velvet out. Heh, she already said "go for it."

Ruby:
Should I be jealous that you have such a cool girl's number?

Jaune:Not after what we've been doing. I don't know about you but I'm still convinced this is a dream.

Ruby:*kisses cheek* I know~

Yang: That won't save them from my wrath!

Ruby:..Let me go prevent a nightmare.

Jaune: Please and thank you.

Jaune SI BS 3 New
Yeah but it would probably got all mid isekai.

... Goddamnit, stupid brain won't shut up. I gotta stop watching so much trashy anime.

- - -

Jaune calls his parents.

Jaune: "Hey Mom... Dad... Um... I know this is a little awkward-"

Isabel: "Are you going to come home and go to medical school?"

Jaune: "No. No I am not."

Isabel: scowls "Jaune, we've been over this a hundred times-"

Jaune: "Yes Mom, I know. You saw a lot of terrible crap as Hunters. I get it. But I want to help and protect people like you two! So please, at least let me try? If I fail, I'll come back and study. I promise."

Isabel: "... Well... I mean... I suppose you're being mature about this..."

Jaune: "Also? You know those medical techniques you were going to teach me with unlocked Aura? I kind of need them now."

Isabel: sighs "What makes you think I'll teach you them now-?"

Jaune: "Well..." Looks contrite and mumbles "This big guy's been bullying me in combat class..."

Isabel: eyes narrow "Who?"

Jaune: "Oh! Uh, nothing! I mean, it's no big deal-"

Isabel: "WHO IS BULLYING MY BABY BOY?!"

Jaune: Sheesh, no wonder he had such low self esteem! "Uh... Mom, you know that calling the school about it only makes it worse, right? Besides... If I do learn these medical techniques and I fail? I'll be a shoe in for medical school?"

Isabel: "..." sighs "Well... I suppose I can give you the basics..."

Jaune: "Thanks!"

- - -

The next day in combat class...

Jaune: Seriously, that fanon is canon? I have to face Cardin until I win? What bullshit is this?

Cardin: "All right Jauney Boy, ready to lose?"

Jaune: all smiles "Hey Cardin. Funny thing. Did you know my mother invented a few medical techniques with Aura that are stupidly easy to use? I don't know why I didn't ask her to teach me sooner, ego issues probably, but I picked up one or two last night!"

Cardin: "So what?!" He swung his Mace... Jaune sidesteps it and then flares his Aura

Jaune: "So this."

He shield bashes Cardin so hard he flies out of the ring and slams into the floor.

Jaune: "... Shit... Did NOT mean to go that hard... Sorry Cardin! So, that means I win, right?"

Goodwitch: "Uh, yes! Good work, Mister Arc."

Jaune: "Thanks Teach!"

With his friends...

Yang: "Nice bash, VB! Really left an impact!"

Jaune: "Thanks Dragon Girl."

Yang: "Eh?"

Jaune: "Well, why should you be the only one with pet names?" winks

Yang: gapes "Wow... One win and you're smooth?"

Jaune: "Looks like!"

Jaune: Wait, shit... They're all still underaged to me. It's so creepy. WHY ARE YOU BEING CREEPY?! STOP BEING CREEPY!

Pyrrha: beams "That was... Pretty good, Jaune..."

Jaune: "But?"

Pyrrha: "Um, well..."

Jaune: "I need honest feedback to improve. So... What did I do wrong?"

Pyrrha: wince "Well... Your dodge was good, I can tell you've had dancing experience. But it had too much flair: That wastes energy. And your shield bash needed more motion from your hips and a better stance. You're lucky that Cardin wasn't taking you seriously, but now he will."

Jaune: Well... There goes my confidence... "Thank you Pyrrha. I mean that. Really."

Pyrrha: "Sorry... You just need to train to get better."

Jaune: "That's what I'm here for!"

Ren: "It is impressive you were able to learn an Aura technique in one night."

Jaune: yawns "Yeah... Though to be fair, I knew the basics very well thanks to my mom's instruction. I bet you guys could all pick it up way faster and better. You wanna learn too?"

Nora: "YES! How much does it boost your strength?!"

Jaune: "Like... Ten times in short bursts? My mom can go to a hundred times though."

Yang: "A hundred times?!" Grabs his arm "You're training with me!"

Pyrrha: "He-He is on my team-"

Ruby: "I WANNA STOP BEING A PIPSQUEAK!"

Jaune: "How will being stronger help with that?!"

Nora: "HE'S ON OUR TEAM! TEACH ME! I WANNA LIFT A PANCAKE HOUSE OVER MY HEAD!"

Jaune: "Mayyyybe we'll wait on teaching you, Nora."

Jaune: Shiiiiiit... See, this is why Jaune didn't train. It just causes so many issues... Fuck. I'm a smartphone away from being a shitty isekai protagonist... Well, at least I don't have a token animal girl love interest...

When Blake runs off... And they fight the White Fang... Jaune finally takes Blake aside.

Jaune: "Okay, Blake? Real talk. Don't do this again."

Blake: "What? But I have to-"

Jaune: "Blake, why is it your job to go on a one cat crusade against the White Fang? It's not in your job description, is it?"

Blake: "I, I don't have a job-"

Jaune: "Princess is technically a job."

Blake: gapes "J-Jaune, you... How-?!"

Jaune: "Grew up with Faunus in Radian. One of them was a huge fanboy of yours. It was honestly kind of weird and unsettling. He was devastated when you joined White Fang."

Blake: "Wha-You're blackmailing me?!"

Jaune: "I'm telling you... If you do this all on your own and get captured, or worse? One, you'll make Ruby cry. Two, you'll make your parents cry. Three? You'll be playing right into their hands because as long as they had you as a hostage? They could keep your parents from getting directly involved. You want to stop the White Fang? You're going to need help."

Blake: "How... How do I know I can trust you?"

Jaune: "I've kept my mouth shut from the moment I met you. But if you keep trying to pull this tragic heroine shit on us, your friends? I will do more than talk."

Blake: "Like what?"

Jaune: "I will tie you up and gag you if I must."

Blake: blushes "... Y-You wouldn't dare-!"

Jaune: "I dropped Weiss Schnee on her small but well toned ass. Do I look like I'm the kind of man you want to mess with? I care about you all, Blake. That's why I'm going to push back on this. So if you want to fight the White Fang? Sure thing. But we're doing it smart, and we're doing it together. Got it?"

Blake: "..." licks her lips "No man tells me what to do-"

Jaune: "Do NOT pull that shit with me, Blake. Your dad may have been permissive, but I'm not. He's not here. I am. You keep this up, I'm bringing the hammer down. But only because I care. We good?"

Blake: scowls "... Fine. But you'd better not forget to keep me in my place, Jaune."

Jaune: "Don't worry. I won't."

Blake walks off. Pyrrha, Ren and Nora approach Jaune.

Pyrrha: "What was that all about?"

Jaune: "Just making some things clear." She'll probably still run off at least once... But maybe I can at least check her worst impulses for now. She'll probably hate me but... We can work that out later.

Meanwhile, in Blake's mind...

Blake: Who does that human think he is, ordering me around?! Blackmailing me?! He... He threatened to tie me up! Is he really... Does he really want to... To make me his pet?!

Blake blushes severely.

Blake: No... No... I can't give in too easily... He has to work for it... Put me in my place... Then take me and make me his~...!

Ruby: "Blake? You okay?"

Blake: "... I might need to buy a collar."

Ruby: "Eh?"

I like this current muse infection. This snippet lines funny and I hope we get more.

Jaune: I told you I would do it.
Blake: hogtied and gagged blushes madly while struggling.
Jaune: Also since your probably gonna do this again I used the ultimate move. I called your mom. Shes gonna be here tomorrow.
Blake: Struggles intensify greatly.
Jaune: not wanting to see her hurt herself Jaune uncaps a bottle and makes her inhale a large whiff.
Blake: calms down instantly as her pupils dilated massively.
Yang: God damn the hell did you just use?
Jaune: Fresh Catnip that i amped with my semblance before harvesting. She aint coming down for hours.

Okay a fusion idea.... No pun intended.

Jaune saves Pyrrha during the fall saving her at nearly his own life. Severely injured taken in by Atlas. THEY HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY.
They can make him better
Faster
Stronger.
The white knight has fallen. Now it is time for the blue bomber to rise.

So yeah RWBY/Mega Man fusion. Maybe take a little from various versions of Mega Man. Like X's look for Jaunes base mega man for. The metals from ZX for the transformation.... Doctors Light and Wiley as the ones who created the Mega Tech. Which can lead to Wiley's sudden but inevitable betrayal... Leading to Bass and Treble.

Okay a fusion idea.... No pun intended.

Jaune saves Pyrrha during the fall saving her at nearly his own life. Severely injured taken in by Atlas. THEY HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY.
They can make him better
Faster
Stronger.
The white knight has fallen. Now it is time for the blue bomber to rise.

So yeah RWBY/Mega Man fusion. Maybe take a little from various versions of Mega Man. Like X's look for Jaunes base mega man for. The metals from ZX for the transformation.... Doctors Light and Wiley as the ones who created the Mega Tech. Which can lead to Wiley's sudden but inevitable betrayal... Leading to Bass and Treble.

I remember seeing fanart of something similar like this, Jaune ends up as a knight version of Raiden with a fuck off huge energy sword, I think Pyrrha was a Grimm/Human hybrid due to Salem shenanigans, they break off and become their own faction in the war and kick all the ass if I remember right.

Jaune SI BS 4 New
When Blake runs off... And they fight the White Fang... Jaune finally takes Blake aside.

Jaune: "Okay, Blake? Real talk. Don't do this again."

Blake: "What? But I have to-"

Jaune: "Blake, why is it your job to go on a one cat crusade against the White Fang? It's not in your job description, is it?"

Blake: "I, I don't have a job-"

Jaune: "Princess is technically a job."

Blake: gapes "J-Jaune, you... How-?!"

Jaune: "Grew up with Faunus in Radian. One of them was a huge fanboy of yours. It was honestly kind of weird and unsettling. He was devastated when you joined White Fang."

Blake: "Wha-You're blackmailing me?!"

Jaune: "I'm telling you... If you do this all on your own and get captured, or worse? One, you'll make Ruby cry. Two, you'll make your parents cry. Three? You'll be playing right into their hands because as long as they had you as a hostage? They could keep your parents from getting directly involved. You want to stop the White Fang? You're going to need help."

Blake: "How... How do I know I can trust you?"

Jaune: "I've kept my mouth shut from the moment I met you. But if you keep trying to pull this tragic heroine shit on us, your friends? I will do more than talk."

Blake: "Like what?"

Jaune: "I will tie you up and gag you if I must."

Blake: blushes "... Y-You wouldn't dare-!"

Jaune: "I dropped Weiss Schnee on her small but well toned ass. Do I look like I'm the kind of man you want to mess with? I care about you all, Blake. That's why I'm going to push back on this. So if you want to fight the White Fang? Sure thing. But we're doing it smart, and we're doing it together. Got it?"

Blake: "..." licks her lips "No man tells me what to do-"

Jaune: "Do NOT pull that shit with me, Blake. Your dad may have been permissive, but I'm not. He's not here. I am. You keep this up, I'm bringing the hammer down. But only because I care. We good?"

Blake: scowls "... Fine. But you'd better not forget to keep me in my place, Jaune."

Jaune: "Don't worry. I won't."

Blake walks off. Pyrrha, Ren and Nora approach Jaune.

Pyrrha: "What was that all about?"

Jaune: "Just making some things clear." She'll probably still run off at least once... But maybe I can at least check her worst impulses for now. She'll probably hate me but... We can work that out later.

Meanwhile, in Blake's mind...

Blake: Who does that human think he is, ordering me around?! Blackmailing me?! He... He threatened to tie me up! Is he really... Does he really want to... To make me his pet?!

Blake blushes severely.

Blake: No... No... I can't give in too easily... He has to work for it... Put me in my place... Then take me and make me his~...!

Ruby: "Blake? You okay?"

Blake: "... I might need to buy a collar."

Ruby: "Eh?"

Pyrrha had noticed that Jaune spent a lot of time just staring at the stars by himself. She didn't mean to intrude, but she was curious about it.

Pyrrha: "Jaune? Are you all right?"

Jaune: "Hm? Oh, yeah." He smiles sadly at her, before looking back at the stars

Pyrrha: "I just... You seem so sad when you look at the stars."

Jaune: "Oh. Well..." He shrugs and sighs. "Life... Isn't quite what I thought it was. A lot of my conceptions for how things worked were... Well... Shattered."

Pyrrha: "Oh?" She sits next to him

Jaune: "Yeah."

Silence.

Pyrrha: "Um... If you need to talk... I-I'll listen?"

Jaune: "I appreciate it but... I don't want to worry you."

Pyrrha: "I'm worried about you anyway. You seem... Older, somehow."

Jaune: nervous "D-Do I?"

Pyrrha: "Yes... Like you've seen terrible things. Things that have aged you."

Jaune: sighs "... I guess I kind of have. It's... Complicated."

Pyrrha: "I'm still here."

Jaune: "... I thought that was it. That this was my end, my release. That I'd get my eternal reward... And here I am. It's a fantasy to some, but... To me? It's... Not what I was hoping for. It's just living someone else's dream with a lot of responsibility I didn't ask for."

Pyrrha: "Oh... My..."

Jaune: "But... I mean... Since I'm here? I have to use what I know to help people. Because you are people. You're not just... Characters in a story. You're real. You have hopes and dreams and fears and... And I have to do what I can do help you. But I don't know if I even can help you. If I can do anything to change things. Even this knowledge I have is incomplete. I only got a tiny picture of what this world was like and there's so much I don't know."

Pyrrha: "... Then... Then you are no different from anyone else." She smiles gently "You're just another mortal doing the best he can. There's... There's no shame in that."

Jaune: "I wish I could think like that... But I'm not quite that either. There's so much on my shoulders and... And all I can do is try to help others with their burdens. Because they wouldn't understand mine."

Pyrrha: "Isn't that presumptuous? Egotistical? Maybe we'd understand better than you think."

Jaune: "..." laughs softly "Maybe... I just know that... This is kind of a second chance for me. One I didn't want... But one I won't squander. Because... Well... I love you."

Pyrrha: Bright red "L-L-L-Love me?!"

Jaune: "All of you. Ruby, Yang, Weiss, Blake, Ren, Nora... You're all dear to me. Even more so now. I... I can't let anything happen to you. Any of you." He hugged her "And I won't. Just... Help me do the best I can, please."

Pyrrha: "I-I... Y-Yes, of course..." Hugs him back, feeling giddy

Ruby: "Wait... You love us?!"

Jaune and Pyrrha look up in shock. RWBY, Nora and Ren are there on the rooftop.

Yang: blush "W-Wow... Kind of forward of you, huh VB?"

Weiss: "Geez... Like anyone would believe that!"

Blake: "You're blushing."

Weiss: "Shut up!"

Nora: "Awww... So can we be adopted, Jaune? I can't marry you but adoption is totally on the table!"

Ren: "... I also love you, Jaune."

Blake: happy look

Ren: "In a brotherly way."

Blake: Disappointed

Jaune: "No, I mean, I love you all but I mean, uh... Er..."

Jaune's Brain: Goddamnit, you KNEW that kind of talk would get you into trouble but you had to get all poetic! Idiot!

Jaune SI BS 5 New
Pyrrha had noticed that Jaune spent a lot of time just staring at the stars by himself. She didn't mean to intrude, but she was curious about it.

Pyrrha: "Jaune? Are you all right?"

Jaune: "Hm? Oh, yeah." He smiles sadly at her, before looking back at the stars

Pyrrha: "I just... You seem so sad when you look at the stars."

Jaune: "Oh. Well..." He shrugs and sighs. "Life... Isn't quite what I thought it was. A lot of my conceptions for how things worked were... Well... Shattered."

Pyrrha: "Oh?" She sits next to him

Silence.

Pyrrha: "Um... If you need to talk... I-I'll listen?"

Jaune: "I appreciate it but... I don't want to worry you."

Pyrrha: "I'm worried about you anyway. You seem... Older, somehow."

Jaune: nervous "D-Do I?"

Pyrrha: "Yes... Like you've seen terrible things. Things that have aged you."

Jaune: sighs "... I guess I kind of have. It's... Complicated."

Pyrrha: "I'm still here."

Jaune: "... I thought that was it. That this was my end, my release. That I'd get my eternal reward... And here I am. It's a fantasy to some, but... To me? It's... Not what I was hoping for. It's just living someone else's dream with a lot of responsibility I didn't ask for."

Pyrrha: "Oh... My..."

Jaune: "But... I mean... Since I'm here? I have to use what I know to help people. Because you are people. You're not just... Characters in a story. You're real. You have hopes and dreams and fears and... And I have to do what I can do help you. But I don't know if I even can help you. If I can do anything to change things. Even this knowledge I have is incomplete. I only got a tiny picture of what this world was like and there's so much I don't know."

Pyrrha: "... Then... Then you are no different from anyone else." She smiles gently "You're just another mortal doing the best he can. There's... There's no shame in that."

Jaune: "I wish I could think like that... But I'm not quite that either. There's so much on my shoulders and... And all I can do is try to help others with their burdens. Because they wouldn't understand mine."

Pyrrha: "Isn't that presumptuous? Egotistical? Maybe we'd understand better than you think."

Jaune: "..." laughs softly "Maybe... I just know that... This is kind of a second chance for me. One I didn't want... But one I won't squander. Because... Well... I love you."

Pyrrha: Bright red "L-L-L-Love me?!"

Jaune: "All of you. Ruby, Yang, Weiss, Blake, Ren, Nora... You're all dear to me. Even more so now. I... I can't let anything happen to you. Any of you." He hugged her "And I won't. Just... Help me do the best I can, please."

Pyrrha: "I-I... Y-Yes, of course..." Hugs him back, feeling giddy

Ruby: "Wait... You love us?!"

Jaune and Pyrrha look up in shock. RWBY, Nora and Ren are there on the rooftop.

Yang: blush "W-Wow... Kind of forward of you, huh VB?"

Weiss: "Geez... Like anyone would believe that!"

Blake: "You're blushing."

Weiss: "Shut up!"

Nora: "Awww... So can we be adopted, Jaune? I can't marry you but adoption is totally on the table!"

Ren: "... I also love you, Jaune."

Blake: happy look

Ren: "In a brotherly way."

Blake: Disappointed

Jaune: "No, I mean, I love you all but I mean, uh... Er..."

Jaune's Brain: Goddamnit, you KNEW that kind of talk would get you into trouble but you had to get all poetic! Idiot!

Later, Jaune meets with Ozpin. The Headmaster was very busy, but Jaune had pressed the issue and so Ozpin had agreed to a meeting in his office.

Ozpin: "Please, have some hot chocolate, Mister Arc."

Jaune: "Thanks but I just had breakfast."

Ozpin: "Suit yourself." sips his mug "Mm. I find it better than coffee."

Jaune: "Depends on the coffee, I suppose. And how it's prepared."

Ozpin: "Mmm. To each their own, but my personal experience is that humans just keep trying to make coffee and alcohol taste better just to make the experience of imbibing it more pleasant."

Jaune: "I suppose you would know best, sir. After all, you were around when it was invented."

Ozpin: chuckles "A crack about my age! And a very good one."

Jaune: smiles "No. I mean that very literally, Ozma."

Dead silence. Ozpin stares at Jaune and slowly sets down his mug.

Jaune: "I'm going to guess you're going for your cane, which is filled up with energy from you constantly doing stuff. You really should make better use of it."

Ozpin: "How could you possibly-?"

Jaune: "I just hit my head and... I had a vision. A vision of the future. I know that the sword my Nana keeps in her closet is actual magic. I know that the moon wasn't fractured on accident. And I know about you... And Salem. I saw the Fall Maiden's powers taken by one of Salem's agents. Vale and Atlas, destroyed. And the Ever After. How?" shrugs "Got me. Maybe it's my Semblance. Maybe it's magic. You got any Arcs in your body hopping family tree, Ozzy?"

Ozpin looks absolutely flabbergasted. Outwardly, Jaune is smirking. Inwardly, he's doing his best to keep himself together.

Jaune's Brain: Shit shit shit... Why do I have to play it like an asshole Independent Harry Potter fic?! TONE IT DOWN!

Ozpin: "... And what is it you intend to do with this information, Mister Arc?"

Jaune: "A lot of people I care about died in this future. A lot of it due to mistakes. Mistakes we could avoid. I want to avoid those mistakes, Headmaster. So... I'm going to give you as much information as I can to help you. But... I have to be careful about it. The second we use this information, the future changes and a lot of other things become worthless. And for all I know, I got a lot of things wrong."

He shook his head.

Jaune: "All I know is... I think I've got the memories of a much, MUCH older man in my head. One who has seen horrors. Horrors beyond comprehension. If I can save my friends, my family... Just people in general from it? Then it's worth it. So please sir... I am asking you to help me."

Ozpin: "... I will." He shook his head "... Thank you for surprising me for the first time in a long, long time. It's... A unique experience."

Jaune: "I can imagine. Anyway, first off... I have some questions since the vision wasn't entirely clear. Can I ask some?"

Ozpin: "If it does not compromise anyone's safety, I can try to answer it."

Jaune: "Don't worry, this is ancient history. Namely: Why hasn't Salem steamrolled Remnant already? She's immortal and has incredible magic. She controls the Grimm. She should have already won."

Ozpin: sips "Did not the vision show you the Moon breaking?"

Jaune: "I mean, it did, but I saw a war between Salem and the Gods and... Uh... Stuff."

Ozpin: "Hmmm... Perhaps it interpreted things in a metaphorical sense. Something easier for your mind to comprehend. Salem... Well... You saw how we met and fell in love?"

Jaune: "Rescued her from a tower, yeah."

Ozpin: nods "Our magical abilities were so in tune, we revolutionized it. We brought about wonders... But even with all our power, I was still prone to mortal failings. I died from a disease. Salem... Used all her magic, all her knowledge, to bring me back. But in doing so? She unleashed the greatest evil this world has ever known."

Jaune's jaw drops.

Jaune: "You don't mean... The Grimm?!"

Ozpin: "The story got twisted and altered over thousands of years in many religious traditions. The Table Breakers hold that Man brought forth the Grimm due to temptation by Evil herself to gain power over life and death. The Pathists believe that desperate desire, unchecked and unmanaged, brought forth a darkness to consume the light. The Dharmists believe it was a battle between the arrogant humans and the saddened gods as humanity sought to gain eternal life. In the end... They each have a piece of the truth. Salem brought forth the Grimm to save me."

Jaune: "Holy shit..."

Ozpin: nods gravely "This act made us both immortal, and powerful. We united man and Faunuskind together into a grand magical civilization. We fought the Grimm, made the world safe... But all the while, the price of ripping through the barriers of reality to the afterlife was paid by my wife. She was consumed by evil. She wanted to eliminate all death, all suffering... By making us all like her. Grimm."

Jaune: gapes

Ozpin: "I fought her. She gathered followers, promising them immortality. With the combined might of our armies? It was very much like a war between the gods. The world was devastated. She... She killed our daughters. I had only one chance: An ancient ritual to seal her away, as death had no hold on her. I managed to do it... Sealed her away into what was our home on the Dragon Continent... But the backlash of it shattered the moon, destroyed almost all magic, and sealed most of my power away into the four souls of our daughters, and four other items of great power."

Jaune: Holy shit... This is better than the original by leaps and bounds! How did this not get through to Monty?! Ah well...

Jaune: "So, if Salem gets her hands on the Maidens and Relics-?"

Ozpin: "Her full power will be unleashed. Even as she is, after centuries, she can manipulate through dreams and at times, project her image. She can control the Grimm but not as she once did. Even so... She has kept up this war for thousands of years. If she were to be released with her full power, and in possession of mine...? Remnant would be doomed."

Jaune: "Damn... So... Yeah. We totally want to stop that from happening."

Ozpin: "There is another problem... Her seal is weakening. There are still safeguards she cannot overcome without my power thanks to the ritual, but her power is growing. Enough that she's been able to take physical form in her castle for a few centuries. Even without her full strength she is formidable."

Jaune: "And I guess we can't just nuke her into oblivion?"

Ozpin: "I have considered it... But frankly, unleashing that much energy against the very thing keeping her sealed is probably not a good idea."

Jaune: "I kind of have to agree... Though I think General Ironwood still wants to try that strategy. Maybe you should tell him why it's not a good idea?"

Ozpin: "I have, though I didn't tell him the full details. However, if we're talking about the fate of billions, I may need to rethink that. Among other things."

Jaune: "Wow... You're... Uh... No offense Headmaster but you're way different from in the visions!"

Ozpin: "I am?"

Ozpin: "How so?"

Jaune tells him. Ozpin pauses a moment to digest this, and shakes his head.

Ozpin: "If I did make such decisions, Jaune... No wonder we were losing in the future."

Jaune: "Yeah, I kind of agree... I don't know if I got a bad transmission or something but... Even if only bits and pieces of it are true? I hope it helps."

Ozpin: "Prophecy has always been a difficult and complex subject, Jaune. Don't feel bad about not getting a complete picture. The future is always in motion."

Jaune: snerk "... Uh, sorry. Little in-joke."

Ozpin: "Indeed. Also... Rest assured that even if I did inhabit a teenaged body? I am unlikely to ever 'mack on' Miss Rose."

Jaune: "Oh... That's good."

Ozpin: "Though do take care with your own romantic endeavours? Miss Xiao-Long would be most put out."

Jaune: "Uh, n-no! I'm not-I'm totally not-!"

Ozpin: "Unless you intend to emulate your great-grandfather and go for a harem ending? It's not uncommon in the Arc line, you know-"

Jaune: "WHAT?! NO! I-I didn't even know that was an option-!"

Ozpin: "Of course it's an option. And if it gives us a better chance for survival, perhaps we should take it. I could give you some advice-"

Jaune: "NO! NO! I AM GOOD! TOTALLY GOOD!"

Ozpin: smirk, sips

Jaune: sigh "That's really not funny, Headmaster."

Ozpin: "Who said I was joking?"

Jaune: "Fuck. I am a terrible isekai protagonist."

Ozpin: "Language."

If I remember right the great Monty was gone by the time the brother gods were introduced. Still holy fuck that backstory would have been so much better.

Thanks! I took the basics from My Huntsman Academia and reworked it a bit. Feel free to use it, it's part of my fanon.

Fresh Start New
As you might be able to tell, I'm a bit stressed at work with nothing to do. So...

- - -

The island of Patch

It was late afternoon when F=five-year-old Jaune Arc stared in wonder at the two-storey tall cabin he and his parents approached on horseback. He was held securely in his mother's lap as she guided her horse towards the wooden building, her husband Nick on his own steed close behind.

"Tai? Tai!" Isabel shouted. There was no response. Nick frowned as he dismounted.

"Though we were going to meet at the airship port," he murmured. His eyes began to scan around carefully, his senses alert.

"I thought so too," Isabel hummed, sliding off her own horse easily as she held Jaune in her arms. He wiggled before he got loose, dropping onto the grass.

"Mama, where's Yang and Ruby?" Jaune asked. He was pretty put out, which was understandable: He'd only talked with Ruby and Yang via CCT call. He was now finally healthy enough to travel, and he was eager to meet the daughters of some of his parents' good friends in person!

"I don't know, sweetie, we're going to find out," Isabel said with a gentle smile. She held onto his hand tightly all the same: It was habit from how weak and sickly he had been for so long.

Nick frowned deeply and Isabel looked at him in concern.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Strange tracks," he murmured. Isabel studied the ground. She shrugged.

"Toy wagon tracks. They were probably playing," she said.

Nick hummed but said nothing more.

Nick strode forward up to the wooden door, and knocked on it hard.

"Tai? Qrow?!" He shouted. "Anybody?!"

Again, there was nothing but silence. Nick frowned as Isabel pulled out her Scroll.

"He missed us at the airship port," she mumbled thoughtfully, dialing the Xiao-Long's home number, "He didn't call about anything..." She held the Scroll up to her ear as Jaune struggled against her grip playfully, "... Tai? This is Izzy. We made it to the house. Please call us as soon as you can..."

Nick tried the door handle. It was unlocked and swung open easily. Nick's frown deepened as Isabel stared.

"Izzy? Smell anything?"

Izzy enhanced her sense of smell by several times. She pulled Jaune up into her arms as Nick stepped in carefully. Isabel followed.

"He's in here," she said quietly. "Tai! TAI!"

Both Arcs spotted a human form on the couch, wrapped up in a weathered blanket in front of the TV. There were messy plates everywhere as a lone puppy licked at one. The dog was a corgi, and whimpered urgently as Nick walked over and grabbed the blanket. He pulled it off, revealing a very disheveled Taiyang Xiao-Long. He rubbed his messy stubble and stared blearily up at them.

"Huh? Izzy? Nick?"

"Nick, what happened?" Isabel asked urgently, "I thought you were going to meet us at the airship port?"

"Oh... Ohhhh..." Taiyang rubbed his face with a groan. "That... That was today... Right... Sorry."

"When's the last time you had a shower?" Isabel asked, as Jaune grimaced and pointed at Tai.

"Uncle Tai's all dirty!"

"I uh..." Taiyang scratched his head. "Not sure. School's closed this week, um... I thought we could..."

Nick turned on the lights. Tai grimaced and squinted. Nick glanced at his wife, and then down at the floor.

"Izzy. Look."

Isabel looked down. She focused her eyes like a hawk or eagle and made out some messy tracks: Made by a child's wagon.

"Where are Yang and Ruby?" Isabel asked tightly. She enhanced her hearing, but couldn't pick up any children around aside from Jaune.

"They..."

Tai's eyes widened in sudden realization and horror, his detachment falling away like a cloak.

"Where-Where are they-?!"

"Out the door!" Nick shouted. He turned and ran, dashing right outside.

"NICK! Wait, NICK!" Isabel cried. She turned to Taiyang and made a face before shaking her head.

"Oh Breaker, where are they-what did they-?!"

"We'll find them, Tai!" Isabel barked, just like in her leader days at Beacon. It seemed to get Tai's attention given how he looked intently at her. "We're going to find them! Just... Here. Watch Jaune, we will be right back, I promise!"

Taiyang shook his head and began to move towards the door.

"They're my girls, I can't just-!"

Isabel put a hand on his chest then pushed him down onto the couch. He fell without much balance and gaped stupidly up at her. She then put Jaune on Tai's lap.

"Jaune? Stay with Uncle Tai. Watch him. We will be right back, I promise," she said. She kissed her baby boy's head. "But don't go anywhere, this is very important. Do you understand?"

"Yes Mama!" Jaune said, nodding quickly.

Isabel turned and dashed out the door after her husband.

He put on his most serious face and stared intently at the distressed Tai. He then reached out and patted the older blond man on the hand.

"Don't worry, Uncle Tai! Mama and Daddy are gonna find Ruby and Yang! You'll see!" He beamed. "They're the best!"

"Y-Yeah... Sure kid," Tai murmured.

- - -

This was stupid. The stupidest thing ever.

Yang had heard her mother... Her real mother... Might have been living on the island somewhere. After Mom... After she died, Daddy was just... He wasn't there. He fell apart. He went to work but... Even when she shouted at him, he barely reacted.

He was broken.

So Yang thought... Maybe if she found her real Mom, Dad would get better. Dad would be fixed.

Maybe she could fix everything.

So she'd put Ruby into her wagon and set out when she was sure Dad wasn't home. She'd seen a big pile of blankets on the couch but that was normal.

Ruby had giggled and clapped happily every step of their journey, the two-year old enraptured by every fluttering bug and colorful flower. Yang though was serious just like a real Huntress. She had a mission to complete.

It was pretty deep in the woods (and things had gotten very dark) when they found an old looking cabin. It was made of rotted wood and sagging timbers. Honestly, it looked like where a witch from a fairy tale would live.

Still...

"Mama?" Yang called out. "It's Yang and Ruby! Mama? Are you there?"

Silence greeted her... Then an inhuman snarl. Red eyes appeared out of the shadows, and dark forms began to emerge. Fear filled Yang, as Ruby began to cry behind her. She stepped back until she bumped into the wagon as the Grimm advanced.

"Mama! Daddy!" She screamed, her arms going around little Ruby, "ANYONE! SOMEBODY! HELP!"

The lead Grimm looked like a nightmare made real. It snarled, baring large, sharp fangs that matched its bone white mask. Yang trembled and shook as she kept screaming.

"SOMEBODY! HELP! PLEASE!"

The Grimm lunged... Then something tall landed in front of them with a rush of wind. A gigantic white sword lashed out and the Grimm exploded in a flash of yellow light!

"I've got these, get the girls and GO!" A tall man, a darker blond than her daddy with a beard, bellowed. In moments, strong arms wrapped around Yang and Ruby both and they were flying!

Well, jumping. They leaped very high in the air and landed. Yang looked up in shock at the woman holding them and now running faster than a racing horse.

She was very pretty. Blonde, though much lighter than her own. Green-blue eyes behind glasses that looked over them frantically.

"Are you all right? Are you hurt?" The woman asked urgently.

In the moment, Yang couldn't help but wonder:

"Mama?"

"No sweetie, it's me, Aunt Isabel, remember?" The woman said with a soft, kind smile even as she dashed through the woods, "It's okay. You're safe now, you're safe..."

Right... Aunt Isabel. Daddy's friend. She was coming to visit. Yang had completely forgotten.

"What about...?" She looked over Isabel's shoulder. A massive explosion of yellow energy erupted, and she could hear the howls of Grimm.

Aunt Isabel chuckled at Yang and Ruby's wide eyes.

"Oh, he'll be just fine. Don't you worry. He's a Huntsman, after all."

- - -

Nick did catch up, grinning the same way he did after wiping out a horde of Grimm. He took Ruby in his arms, and the toddler soon giggled and began to play with his beard. They arrived back at the cabin soon after. Isabel's eyes widened when she saw Jaune standing outside, looking scared.

"What happened, son?" Nick immediately asked, free hand going for his sword again.

"Um... Uncle Qrow came in and told me to wait out here," he said, as he stroked the head of the dog. His eyes widened when he saw the girls. "Yang? Ruby?"

"Jaune!" Yang cheered. She'd wanted to meet the Bubble Boy since she'd seen him on the CCT! "Where's your bubble?"

"I don't need it anymore!" Jaune said proudly.

There was the sound of a loud crash inside. Isabel grimaced.

"I should-"

Nick shook his head. Isabel scowled.

"Nick, I-"

"Please Izzy, let me handle this?" Nick asked softly. "After we show him his kids are all right."

Isabel sighed but nodded. Jaune helpfully opened the door, and Nick patted his son on his head.

"Good job, Jaune," he said. They entered... To see Qrow shaking Taiyang by the collar.

"-What the hell do you mean you lost them?! You let them run off and-?!"

"DAD!" Yang and Ruby cried. Taiyang's eyes lit up and filled with tears. He dropped to his knees as the Arcs set Yang and Ruby down. The two little girls ran up and hugged their dad, the reality of what had just happened catching back up to them.

"Oh God, I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry... I'm so glad you're safe!" Taiyang sobbed.

Nick and Isabel stood a bit awkwardly. Qrow heaved a sigh of relief and managed a smile at his nieces. Jaune clung to Isabel's leg, and she stroked the top of his head.

Once Taiyang got himself back under control, Isabel very gently ushered the girls away.

"I'm going to make them some food," she said, "Jaune? Come on."

The three children and Isabel vanished into the kitchen. It was then that Qrow grabbed Taiyang and dragged him outside. Nick stepped out of the way, then followed at a slow pace.

Qrow threw Tai to the ground, and the blond yelped.

"Your kids nearly fucking died, Tai," Qrow seethed. "You're fucking lucky the Arcs were here, fucking lucky. I wasn't here. I was late."

"I-But-"

"But. Fucking. Nothing," Qrow snarled, kicking Taiyang in the stomach, "The fuck is the matter with you?! What would Summer think, huh?! You falling to fucking pieces and letting her kids die?!"

"Don't bring her up!" Taiyang growled back, his Aura flaring. He leaped to his feet and threw a punch. One that Qrow blocked. He punched Taiyang in the face.

"Can't even fucking defend your own kids! You fucking pathetic-!"

Nick Arc very calmly grabbed onto both men's wrists and pulled them apart. He used his great height to lift them both off the ground.

"Let me go, Nick! It's the only way he's gonna fucking-!"

"I'LL BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF-!"

Nick squeezed both men's wrists hard. Hard enough they both winced in pain despite their own powerful Auras. Nick's face remained serious... But calm.

"That's enough," he stated, his voice low but powerful like approaching thunder.

Both Tai and Qrow lowered their arms though they glared balefully at Nick. He set them down after a moment. He then took a deep breath.

"Tai... How long has this been happening?" He asked quietly.

"I..." Tai shook his head. "This... This is the first time they ran off-"

"You know what I mean," Nick rumbled. Tai looked to the side as Qrow glared at him.

"... Ever since Summer died, I've had... Bad days... Weeks, sometimes," Tai said quietly.

"How bad?" Nick pressed.

"... I..." Tai stared at the ground.

"Tai," Qrow growled.

"... Yang's had to cook and wash and... Even clean me, sometimes," he whispered. "She's gone shopping, I give her the money..."

Nick's eyes narrowed but his voice remained even.

"Qrow?"

"I've been making money, long hours, you know how it is," Qrow said, his face darkening, "I didn't... I didn't realize-"

"Guys," Nick interrupted, "Even if this isn't my jurisdiction... I am an officer of the law. Militia captains have to be accepted into the Rangers."

Both Tai and Qrow went very still. Tai paled.

"Nick, I... Please, they're all I have-!"

"Your daughters very nearly died today, Tai," Nick said quietly, "If we weren't here, they would have. I've had to take children out of homes for less."

Qrow immediately moved in front of his brother-in-law and best friend, their previous argument all but forgotten.

"Nick, please," Qrow said, "I-I can stay home more, I can help him get his head on straight... I know how serious this is but-"

"What's the guarantee this won't happen again in a few weeks?" Nick asked sharply. "You wanna bet your nieces' lives on that?"

Qrow grimaced.

"Nick, please," Taiyang whispered.

Nick sucked in a very deep breath. He then let it out.

Taiyang's fists clenched and unclenched. Qrow shook his head.

"Nick, you can't just-I'll go to Ozpin-!"

"Do not pull that card on me, Qrow," Nick growled, his Aura flaring like a small sun in the dying light, "You will not win."

Qrow grit his teeth... Lowered his hand from his weapon. Nick tamped down on his power, and resumed speaking as though nothing had happened.

"But because we're friends, I'm going to give you two options. One: Yang and Ruby visit and stay at our house in Radian for a while. We've got plenty of room, and plenty of eyes on them. Jaune would love to have kids his own age to play with who don't know him as the Bubble Boy. They will be safe, they will be happy. They'll stay as long as you want. Legally, they'll still be yours. They'll call you every day."

Nick looked at Tai significantly.

"Meanwhile... You get yourself together. Now... That's going to take a while. Don't lie, Tai. It will. Qrow just beating the crap out of you isn't going to cut it. Therapy with someone Izzy recommends. And if you have any more... Bad days? Bad weeks? They come with us for a while. Until you sort it out."

Taiyang stared back at Nick, tense but less filled with despair.

"And option two?"

Nick sighed and scratched the back of his head.

"I go to the local authorities. I tell them the situation. They come here and assess things. And from there, it will be out of our hands."

Qrow sucked in a breath. He looked over at Tai.

"Tai?"

Taiyang stared at the house for a long time, silent and morose. All three men could faintly hear children laughing from the kitchen. Taiyang held his breath... Then sagged as he let it out.

"... I'll... Get them packed," he murmured.

Nick nodded slowly. He reached out and squeezed Taiyang's shoulder.

"You're going to get better, Tai, I promise," he said quietly, "But unless you do? You're going to lose everything. This is so you don't."

Tai slowly nodded, and patted Nick's hand.

"Thanks," he mumbled.

Qrow sighed. He then patted Taiyang's other shoulder.

"We'll get through this, buddy. I swear."

- - -

So, how's this for an AU?

Intriguing idea. I would be interested in this being fleshed out more.

Basically Yang, Ruby and Jaune are childhood friends. Yang and Ruby get a much bigger support network. Yang learns martial arts from Isabel and Ruby learns weapon combat from Nick (though they also learn from Taiyang and Qrow of course, they get some influence from the Arcs). They support Jaune's dream and want him with them when they go to Beacon. Once Taiyang gets himself together he might also support Jaune. Qrow might train the kid anyway on the side.

So you get the three of them with slightly different skill sets (Yang learned Fuujin kickboxing and jiujutsu along with Isabel's expert Aura control, Ruby learned the joy of railgun weapons and dramatic longcoats, and Jaune has a more balanced focus and his own weapon) and a close bond when they arrive in Beacon.

Last edited:
Oh nyo. Jaund will now have practically 2 more sisters. How will he ever survive with his dignity intact? (He won't)
This might be a good setup toward Dragonslayer or Lancaster, or just a pair of overprotective sisters of a very big boy when they at beacon.
I imagine 8 foot tall Jaune(cause he try to be big and strong to protect his sisters (yang and ruby included)) holding both Yang and Ruby back like a pair of rabid dogs when an stranger flirt with jaune lol.

Oh nyo. Jaund will now have practically 2 more sisters. How will he ever survive with his dignity intact? (He won't)
This might be a good setup toward Dragonslayer or Lancaster, or just a pair of overprotective sisters of a very big boy when they at beacon.
I imagine 8 foot tall Jaune(cause he try to be big and strong to protect his sisters (yang and ruby included)) holding both Yang and Ruby back like a pair of rabid dogs when an stranger flirt with jaune lol.

or both chasing after him...

Sanctuary 8 New
- - -

Isabel Arc stirred as the front door opened. In an instant, her faculties returned from her deep REM to fully aware. She enhanced her senses of scent and hearing and listened to the footsteps of the person entering the house. Her heart rate slowed and she relaxed as she recognized who it was in an instant.

She got out of bed and headed down the stairs, the red light of the late afternoon sky shining through the windows. She rushed down the steps, every creak and pop comfortingly familiar, dashed through the living room and right into the kitchen.

"Nick!"

Nick smiled at her happily, sitting down at the table. He was filthy, his hair askew, his beard dusty, his clothing covered in dirt and leaves. Lilac thoughtfully poured her father a jug of beer, which he downed happily. While he did that, Isabel hugged him-Something he returned with one massive arm as he drank deep.

"Haaa... Beer, hugs, home: Best things ever," Nick chuckled as he finished. He kissed his wife, as Lilac thoughtfully took the mug and turned away in embarrassment at her parents' show of affection.

"Mmm... You all right?" Isabel asked urgently. Nick nodded.

"I'm fine. Had to take down a few Griffons."

Isabel's eyes shot wide open. Her jaw dropped. Lilac dropped her mug and gaped at her father in shock.

"Griffons?!" They both gasped. Nick nodded.

"Yup. They were pretty tough. Carolina was able to take out their wings with the 50 Cal and Caboose used the rocket launchers to keep them grounded. Damn hard to fight them until we got them on the ground." He brightened. "Then I just hacked them apart with Joxeuse here!"

He patted his trusty railgun sword as it hung off his back. Isabel groaned in exasperation.

"NICK! Why didn't you get me?!"

"Wasn't time," Nick grunted, "They were going to attack Spondel. You couldn't get there that fast and they weren't gonna wait. Sides, you needed your sleep!"

"Why were you in Spondel?!" Isabel demanded, "That's thirty minutes away!"

"Well, we've culled the majority of the Grimm around Radian," Nick said with a shrug, "They called for aid. I wasn't gonna ignore them, Izzy! Not with so many of our best fighters off in Vale!"

Isabel groaned. As much as she might call her husband an idiot, he was perfectly logical when it came to combat.

"Still... Griffons. We haven't seen those around Radian in almost a century," she shuddered.

"Are more of them coming, Dad?" Lilac asked urgently. Nick smiled at his daughter and reached out to squeeze her hand comfortingly.

"Nah. The National Guard's finally in place with their anti-Grimm batteries around the Valley. We should be all right."

Isabel sighed in relief.

"Still, I wish I was with you," she muttered, touching her forehead to Nick's.

"Me too," Nick said with a nod, "I could have thrown you at them, and you could have torn their wings off. Like when we fought that Garuda in Jaipur. Remember?"

"Which one?" Isabel deadpanned, recalling the several battles they had fought to liberate the kingdom of Pandu with their old teammates Prince Arjun and Saia, "We fought three, then the REALLY big one King Duryodhana summoned right in Hastinapur."

Nick hummed and nodded. A furious battle in the middle of a major metropolitan city against a gigantic flying demon Grimm under the control of a mad despot did tend to stick in one's memory.

"Good point. Man, was he a jerk. It wasn't even fun to fight him after a while." Nick held his hands up. "He was all like 'It is useless to resist my power! You have supported Arjun in vain! I am a god and you are mere insects!'"

Isabel managed a giggle at her husband's bad impression.

"He was quite the blowhard," she agreed, "No wonder his own Grimm ate him: Anything to shut him up."

"Yeah, but Arjun totally got the win," Nick nodded, "He hit him last. It's only fair."

Isabel sighed.

"Any word from them?"

Nick's good mood soured and he became a bit pensive. Lilac poured him another beer, which he nodded his thanks to before drinking.

"Radio's picking up some messages. CCT net gets some updates. I hope Orchid's work fixes it soon, cause what I've seen is bad."

Isabel steadied her nerves with her Semblance.

"How bad?" She asked.

Nick heaved a long sigh.

"Jaipur got attacked by one of the factions in Mistral's civil war."

Isabel's lips thinned as Lilac gasped. Jaipur was the biggest trading city between Pandu and Mistral, and one of the busiest ports in the world. It was the gateway to Anima for much of the world.

"Attacked?"

Nick scowled.

"A Mistralian air battleship attacked with missiles. Hundreds are dead at least, and the walls were deliberately breached in many key areas. They also herded Grimm in to assault the city before they were shot down."

Isabel's jaw dropped.

"That's... Insane," she muttered, "The factions in Mistral need support of other kingdoms to win this civil war. Using Grimm like this will just alienate everyone or make the conflict worse! The only reason you'd do that is..."

Her eyes widened in realization.

"If that's what you wanted to happen," she whispered.

Nick nodded. Lilac moved closer. Isabel reached out to squeeze her hand comfortingly.

"Arjun thinks the same thing," Nick said quietly. "He's getting yelled at by his entire Council to retaliate against all the factions in Mistral, since they're all claiming they didn't do it. But given this happened right after the Vytal attack... He thinks it's a false flag."

"But Mistral's still at war," Isabel sighed, "Which means that the next attack may not be a false flag and it will drag them and every other semi-independent kingdom into it anyway."

"Mm," Nick nodded slowly.

"I don't understand why any humans would do this! This chaos across the entire world all at once doesn't benefit anyone!" Isabel scowled thoughtfully. "It's like something out of the old legends. The Witch Queen of Argus claimed she had a darker, more dread master who wanted to overthrow the world of Men and Faunus..."

"So did Duryodhana, before he died," Nick said gravely. Isabel shook her head.

"At the time I thought he was just insane. All the things he'd done to himself for power... But now..."

Isabel scoffed.

"Not that the words of a thousand year old legend or a dead madman would count for anything."

"We... Have some witnesses from the Vytal attack," Lilac said carefully.

Isabel and Nick looked at her. Lilac shrugged. Isabel nodded slowly.

"We do," she agreed, "But... How much weight will a few teenagers' words have when an entire continent is at war?"

"Arjun would listen," Nick said brightly. Isabel gave her husband a deadpan look.

"Arjun will need proof."

"We'll see what we can do," he said, "We just have to ask them, maybe get their Scrolls and look through the information, maybe go back and see-"

"Nick!" Isabel growled. "They have been fighting for their lives for weeks now! Fighting even though I told you not to put them in! Especially Jaune!"

Nick nodded.

"They needed the rest, I don't disagree," he said, "But we needed the help, Izzy." He brightened in pride.

"You should have seen Jaune! He led his people so well! They never hesitated to obey an order! He threw himself into the thick of it and kicked so much butt! It's amazing how far he's come-"

Isabel rose out of Nick's lap and glared angrily at him.

"He is our son!"

"
And he's chosen his path," Nick said calmly. "I'm letting his friends rest and relax because they need it... But they're going to go back out into the fight eventually, Izzy. You know this. He lost too much to stay away."

The healer and the paladin stared at one another. Isabel's gaze was tight, anxious, and angry. Nick's was grave but serene. After a tense silence Isabel sighed deeply.

"Maybe," she muttered, "But I don't have to accept it."

Nick nodded, as Lilac turned away to mind her own business at the sink.

"I know."

Isabel looked out the window. A familiar group of Hunters-in-Training were riding a wagon down the road into the farm.

She hurried out the side door to greet them. She smiled as the outdoor lights came out, illuminating the group in the horse drawn wagon as they came up the drive.

"Hey! How did... You... Do...?"

Jaune stepped out first, covered in blue feathers, grass and dirt. The rest of the teens looked similarly disheveled and exhausted-Save for Nora, who wore a crown of blue feathers around her head.

"... Choux birds?" Isabel guessed, and even with her Semblance of Total Body Control, it was difficult not to giggle.

"Yup," Jaune stated flatly.

Isabel sighed.

"Well, it could have been worse," she said. She beamed.

"And I think you've all earned a reward!"

"Do we get to fry the little bastards up with oil?" Neptune growled.

"No, but even better!" Isabel cheered. "Hot springs!"

"Hot springs?" Everyone not an Arc echoed in confusion.

- - -

Bit more exposition heavy this time but I wanted to give a slightly bigger view of the world as things unfold.

Hmm, so one thing about Duryodhana, isn't one of his main themes having been destined to be super evil, but was raised normally by his parents anyway? And thus turned out as a flawed but generally decent human who happened to be on the other side from the hero?

Hmm, so one thing about Duryodhana, isn't one of his main themes having been destined to be super evil, but was raised normally by his parents anyway? And thus turned out as a flawed but generally decent human who happened to be on the other side from the hero?

In the Mahabharata, yes. Here? Well he's not the actual Duryodhana, he was named for him. But in his case his ego and greed for glory were used and twisted by agents of Salem. He became something truly terrible. He did want to restore the Kauravas to their place as Pandu's rulers, but he had originally hoped to become legitimate and reconcile. Maybe settle for simply having their noble status be restored. But impatience and manipulation by Salem's agents pushed him to use his kinsman, Karna, who was a foster child of the Sarkaras, as a means of overthrow. His flaws were emphasized and the good but flawed man who was Duryodhana became corrupt and mad with power.

Karna was honorbound to serve him, but when he saw how Arjun's family was wiped out and the tyranny Duryodhana enacted? He began to secretly help the Resistance, and would eventually help Arjuna and team AARN retake the throne.

So in the case of the RWBY Duryodhana, his story is a tragedy.

Jaune SI BS 6: Humor, Drama, Whatever! New
Jaune: Okay... Look. I'm a teenaged boy with a bit of an old man's brain in my head. That doesn't make me a creep, right? Right! I'm totally not a creep. Besides, my years of wisdom mean I'm not just ruled by my hormones. Right? Right!"

Yang walks into the common room, toweling her hair off after a shower. She's only wearing a towel. She beams at Jaune.

Yang: "Hey VB. Staying in too, huh?"

Jaune: "... Y-Yes."

Yang: "Any... Plans?"

Jaune: "Uhhh..."

Yang: "You know..." smirks, leans in "Maybe I could... Fit you in, huh~?"

Jaune: Why is she flirting with me holy shit you pervert you gotta stop yourself this is a fantasy come true NO DAMNIT SHE'S GONNA END UP WITH THE SHITTY KITTY YOU KNOW THIS DAMNIT FUCK SHIT BALLS BOOBIES-!

Yang: Heh, he's always so serious and now he's completely off guard! He's kind of cute when he's blushing. Maybe I'll lean in a bit closer and really spook him...

She does so... Her lips breathing hot air against his.

Yang: "What do you think~?"

Finally those years of experience crystallize.

Jaune: "..." Deep breath "... I dunno. I don't think you could handle me."

Yang: blink "... Oho? Vomit Boy's got some pride, huh?"

Jaune: "Not pride. Just honesty."

Yang: "That's a very bold claim to make. You wanna prove it?"

Jaune: "... You first."

Yang: "Huh?!"

Jaune: "You first."

Yang: "... Are you asking me to drop my towel, VB?"

Jaune: "Do I need to ask? You started this, after all. Do you want to see where it goes?"

Yang: Blushes bright red "Y-You... I uh..."

Jaune: shrugs, turns back to his book

Yang: Wha... THAT'S NOT HOW THIS IS SUPPOSED TO GO! HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE A STAMMERING, BLUSHING MESS DAMNIT! HOW COULD HE JUST IGNORE ME?!

Jaune: "You're right. We're probably rushing things. Dinner and a movie first before we get to that point. You're a classy lady, I'd like to treat you right."

Yang: Even brighter red "... You... Um..."

Jaune: Heh. So she is a blushing good girl... That's great! Now maybe she'll back off and-

Yang: "...This Saturday good?"

Jaune: "Huh?"

Yang: "This Saturday. Dinner. Movie... And maybe..." She's suddenly very shy as she holds her hands in front of her towel clad body

Jaune: Shit that's even hotter...! "... S-Sure?"

Yang: "Great! S-See you then!" She flees back to her room and shuts it tight

Jaune: "... Wait, what?!"

Jaune ponders how to break the news to his team-

Nora: "JAUNE-JAUNE! You're going out with Yang?!"

Ah, right. He'd forgotten that he had to plan around Nora, not with her. As she announced this at the breakfast table. Weiss spat out her food in shock while Ruby gasped. Yang blushed. Pyrrha STARED. Blake blinked rapidly.

Jaune: "... Yes. We're going on a date. It's going to be fun and just us." He smiled at her. Yang smiled back.

Jaune's Brain: Good. I can't just say it's 'just a date' or it will hurt Yang's feelings. Like I'm not taking it seriously.

Jaune: "No reason to flip out, everyone."

Jaune's Brain: But I also need to not look too eager or I'll upset everyone-

Weiss: "I really don't know what you see in him! He's a brute, a ruffian!"

Yang: "You know, you saying that makes me want him more." winks at Jaune "I think I can take some roughness, how about you?"

Jaune: "I've seen you ride your motorcycle. I fear I may be in danger."

Yang: "HA! You wish I rode you like I did Bumblebee!"

Jaune: smiles and winks "Who knows? Maybe I'll find out."

Yang: bright red, but recovers with a giggle "Geez, you wax often, VB? That was a little too smooth."

Jaune: "Maybe not the best choice of words when it comes to riding a motorcycle. Good to know you're taking care of yourself though."

Yang is blushing so hard she might have steam coming out of her ears. She's covering Ruby's ears. Blake is very interested. Weiss is scandalized. Pyrrha looks very sad while Nora grins and Ren raises an eyebrow.

Jaune: "Gotcha." winks

Yang: "Geez!" snickers "Tone it down until after the kids are asleep, mister!"

Jaune: "Fair enough, Ma. Wouldn't want to scar them mentally."

Weiss: "YOU TWO ARE DISGUSTING!"

Ruby: "I don't know why you two are acting like this. I know all about sex."

Yang: "RUBY!"

Ruby: "What?"

After breakfast... Jaune meets with Pyrrha outside of the cafeteria.

Jaune: "You okay Pyr?"

Pyrrha: "Hm? I'm fine... Totally fine. You uh... You two seem very close."

Jaune's Brain: Oh shit... She loves Jaune still?! I am literally the opposite of a golden retriever! I'm like a grumpy terrier or something!

Jaune: "I mean... We're messing around. It's a date, yeah, but... We're not getting married. I do care about her, and uh... If we do get into a romantic relationship, then that will happen. If not? We'll stay friends."

Pyrrha: "O-Oh! I mean of course! I knew that."

Jaune nods.

Jaune: "Just in case you were... Concerned. About... Anything. I uh... I get the feeling you didn't have many friends. I-I mean, I could be wrong and I'm sorry if I'm presuming too much-"

Pyrrha: "You're... Not wrong."

Jaune: Bingo. "Well... I just want you to know that however things go, I do care for you Pyrrha. Very deeply."

Pyrrha blushes.

Jaune: "I mean... I care about everyone but uh... You're my partner." He takes her hands in his "I don't want to lose you."

Pyrrha: confused "You're not... H-Honestly? Um... I'm sometimes scared of losing you."

Jaune: "Me? Why?"

Pyrrha: "Well, uh... You talk a lot about... Um... Death. Like you nearly died. And you're so sad sometimes. I don't think you're suicidal or anything... Unless... Are you suicidal?"

Jaune: "I mean..." He sighs and rubs the back of his head, the memories from two people mixing and matching "... I thought about it once."

Pyrrha: eyes widen

Jaune: "It-It's okay. It's okay. It was a very dark time in my life. I just... I felt so helpless and useless and a burden on everyone. I wondered... I wondered if my family would be better off without me?"

Pyrrha: stares in shock

Jaune: "I'm much better now, Pyr. It's okay." smiles and hugs her to reassure her "All right? I won't give up my life unless there's literally no other way to... I dunno, save Vale. Or you."

Pyrrha: hugs him very tightly "I'll make sure that never happens."

Jaune: "Th-Thanks... Also... You can let go... Hard to breathe..."

Pyrrha: "O-Oh!" lets him go with a blush "S-Sorry!"

Yang: "Ahem."

Jaune: "Hey Yang." Wasn't doing anything wrong, don't act like you were! "Just talking with Pyrrha."

Yang: "Good... Let's go shopping!"

Yang: "Come on, would you rather go to a boring lecture on our light day or hang out with me?" wraps her arms around his and pulls him away significantly "Trying on clothes?"

Jaune: "When you put it that way, I'd have to be an idiot to turn you down."

Yang: "Yeah, and you're definitely not that!"

Yang and Pyrrha stare at eachother intensely. Jaune blinks.

Jaune's Brain: No way... Come on... They're not jealous of me. They're not. Come on...

Jaune: "See you tonight Pyrrha?"

Pyrrha: "Sure. Goodbye Jaune. Goodbye Yang."

Yang: "Later."

Yang drags Jaune off.

Jaune's Brain: Probably best to just tease her, clear the air

Jaune: "Didn't know you were the jealous type but it does fit."

Yang: "Wh-What?!" blushes bright red "No I'm not!"

Jaune: smiles "Didn't think so. But if you were jealous, we were just talking some personal stuff and we needed hugs. Hugs are pretty awesome, ya know?"

Yang: "Yeah. Totally."

Jaune's Brain: Okay so she might be a little jealous... Fuck.

Jaune SI BS 7: More Explanations New
Jaune ponders how to break the news to his team-

Nora: "JAUNE-JAUNE! You're going out with Yang?!"

Ah, right. He'd forgotten that he had to plan around Nora, not with her. As she announced this at the breakfast table. Weiss spat out her food in shock while Ruby gasped. Yang blushed. Pyrrha STARED. Blake blinked rapidly.

Jaune: "... Yes. We're going on a date. It's going to be fun and just us." He smiled at her. Yang smiled back.

Jaune's Brain: Good. I can't just say it's 'just a date' or it will hurt Yang's feelings. Like I'm not taking it seriously.

Jaune: "No reason to flip out, everyone."

Jaune's Brain: But I also need to not look too eager or I'll upset everyone-

Weiss: "I really don't know what you see in him! He's a brute, a ruffian!"

Yang: "You know, you saying that makes me want him more." winks at Jaune "I think I can take some roughness, how about you?"

Jaune: "I've seen you ride your motorcycle. I fear I may be in danger."

Yang: "HA! You wish I rode you like I did Bumblebee!"

Jaune: smiles and winks "Who knows? Maybe I'll find out."

Yang: bright red, but recovers with a giggle "Geez, you wax often, VB? That was a little too smooth."

Jaune: "Maybe not the best choice of words when it comes to riding a motorcycle. Good to know you're taking care of yourself though."

Yang is blushing so hard she might have steam coming out of her ears. She's covering Ruby's ears. Blake is very interested. Weiss is scandalized. Pyrrha looks very sad while Nora grins and Ren raises an eyebrow.

Jaune: "Gotcha." winks

Yang: "Geez!" snickers "Tone it down until after the kids are asleep, mister!"

Jaune: "Fair enough, Ma. Wouldn't want to scar them mentally."

Weiss: "YOU TWO ARE DISGUSTING!"

Ruby: "I don't know why you two are acting like this. I know all about sex."

Yang: "RUBY!"

Ruby: "What?"

After breakfast... Jaune meets with Pyrrha outside of the cafeteria.

Jaune: "You okay Pyr?"

Pyrrha: "Hm? I'm fine... Totally fine. You uh... You two seem very close."

Jaune's Brain: Oh shit... She loves Jaune still?! I am literally the opposite of a golden retriever! I'm like a grumpy terrier or something!

Jaune: "I mean... We're messing around. It's a date, yeah, but... We're not getting married. I do care about her, and uh... If we do get into a romantic relationship, then that will happen. If not? We'll stay friends."

Pyrrha: "O-Oh! I mean of course! I knew that."

Jaune nods.

Jaune: "Just in case you were... Concerned. About... Anything. I uh... I get the feeling you didn't have many friends. I-I mean, I could be wrong and I'm sorry if I'm presuming too much-"

Pyrrha: "You're... Not wrong."

Jaune: Bingo. "Well... I just want you to know that however things go, I do care for you Pyrrha. Very deeply."

Pyrrha blushes.

Jaune: "I mean... I care about everyone but uh... You're my partner." He takes her hands in his "I don't want to lose you."

Pyrrha: confused "You're not... H-Honestly? Um... I'm sometimes scared of losing you."

Jaune: "Me? Why?"

Pyrrha: "Well, uh... You talk a lot about... Um... Death. Like you nearly died. And you're so sad sometimes. I don't think you're suicidal or anything... Unless... Are you suicidal?"

Jaune: "I mean..." He sighs and rubs the back of his head, the memories from two people mixing and matching "... I thought about it once."

Pyrrha: eyes widen

Jaune: "It-It's okay. It's okay. It was a very dark time in my life. I just... I felt so helpless and useless and a burden on everyone. I wondered... I wondered if my family would be better off without me?"

Pyrrha: stares in shock

Jaune: "I'm much better now, Pyr. It's okay." smiles and hugs her to reassure her "All right? I won't give up my life unless there's literally no other way to... I dunno, save Vale. Or you."

Pyrrha: hugs him very tightly "I'll make sure that never happens."

Jaune: "Th-Thanks... Also... You can let go... Hard to breathe..."

Pyrrha: "O-Oh!" lets him go with a blush "S-Sorry!"

Yang: "Ahem."

Jaune: "Hey Yang." Wasn't doing anything wrong, don't act like you were! "Just talking with Pyrrha."

Yang: "Good... Let's go shopping!"

Yang: "Come on, would you rather go to a boring lecture on our light day or hang out with me?" wraps her arms around his and pulls him away significantly "Trying on clothes?"

Jaune: "When you put it that way, I'd have to be an idiot to turn you down."

Yang: "Yeah, and you're definitely not that!"

Yang and Pyrrha stare at eachother intensely. Jaune blinks.

Jaune's Brain: No way... Come on... They're not jealous of me. They're not. Come on...

Jaune: "See you tonight Pyrrha?"

Pyrrha: "Sure. Goodbye Jaune. Goodbye Yang."

Yang: "Later."

Yang drags Jaune off.

Jaune's Brain: Probably best to just tease her, clear the air

Jaune: "Didn't know you were the jealous type but it does fit."

Yang: "Wh-What?!" blushes bright red "No I'm not!"

Jaune: smiles "Didn't think so. But if you were jealous, we were just talking some personal stuff and we needed hugs. Hugs are pretty awesome, ya know?"

Yang: "Yeah. Totally."

Jaune's Brain: Okay so she might be a little jealous... Fuck.

Jaune was meeting Ozpin in his office again, relating what he knew of the future.

Jaune: "... And Lionheart's been a traitor for a while. Not sure when he broke or if he was always a scumbag. He says he was just a coward but I was kind of emotional at the time."

Ozpin: grave look "Understandable. I would ask you to try and get your godfather to assist us in this matter. I don't want to move against Lionheart too soon and tip our hand: If he could give us intel on Salem's plans, we might be better able to deal with them."

Jaune: "My godfather...?"

His memories came to him. He blinked rapidly.

Ozpin: "Yes. King Arjun Sarkara of Pandu?"

Jaune: "Ah, right. Sorry, I think the visions are messing with my mind..."

Jaune's Brain: I only came up with like half of that worldbuilding! Why isn't my co-writer here instead of me?! Oh well... Good to know, I guess. Maybe I was getting a clearer transmission from Remnant than Monty. Not that I want to be presumptuous in thinking I was the better writer, cause I'm NOT.

Jaune: "Still... He's going to want Lionheart dead since he probably had a hand in the coup that made him an exile and orphan in the first place. Exile-orphan."

Ozpin: "True, but he can be patient and cunning. He can keep in control of himself. Or his wife will rein him in."

Jaune: "Speaking of... My parents and my godparents were a very powerful team, right?"

Ozpin: "Indeed. Expert heavy combatants and disaster relief specialists. I was very proud of them all."

Jaune: "So... Why didn't you make them your strike team instead of STRQ? Nothing against Ruby and Yang's parents and uncles... Well okay, a LOT against Raven."

Ozpin: "For a few reasons. Summer's Silver Eyes made her a natural counter to Grimm and Salem's agents. The others all had skills very useful as a covert strike team. Whereas your parents and godparents... Were not covert. At all."

Jaune: "But... My mom can shapeshift and Uncle Arjun is like a ninja archer-"

Ozpin: dryly "Yes, and your father is a wrecking ball in human form and your godmother fires death rays. Your mother can shatter buildings at full strength and your godfather is, shall we say, VERY liberal with Aura-powered explosive arrows. Approximately 80 percent of their missions in urban areas ended in property damage so extensive the insurance companies had strokes. And of course, they also overthrew a dictatorship-Granted, wIth the support of a multi-national alliance, but overthrowing a government is not something anyone can call inconspicuous. Your family are many things, Jaune Arc, but covert and subtle are not among them. It's not much of a victory if in defending Remnant, you reduce most of it to rubble."

Jaune: "I... Guess I can't argue with that."

Ozpin: "Indeed. As for the Ever After, do you recall what fruit you ate?"

Jaune: "Ummm... I think it was a mango? But again, it's all really fuzzy."

Ozpin: "At least it wasn't a peach then."

Jaune: "... Was... Was that a dad joke?"

Ozpin: "I think I'm entitled to make them."

Jaune: "Fair enough. Joke away."

So I guess your chapter of Jaune Si where he asks out Yang got deleted. I can only see it in a quote on(what is currently) part 6 of Jaun SI BS in a quote that doesn't take you to a post when you click on it. And it doesn't seem to appear in between part 5 and 6 despite part six being a follow up to that whole situation. Was it posted on a different thread or am I missing something?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back