• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Set In Stone (Avatar: The Last Airbender)

Name suggestions, maybe it might inspire you?

A Song of Earth and Lakes

Lake Laogai Wants You

War in Ba Sing Se

Life and Times in the Eternal City

The Last Bastion

Invitation Under the Lake

Name suggestions, maybe it might inspire you?

A Song of Earth and Lakes

Lake Laogai Wants You

War in Ba Sing Se

Life and Times in the Eternal City

The Last Bastion

Invitation Under the Lake

Thing is that I kind of doubt the entirety of this quest will be about Ba Sing Se.

Thing is that I kind of doubt the entirety of this quest will be about Ba Sing Se.
I kinda suspect it sorta will. We have to contend with Lao Feng, which won't be easy and will probably do it in Ba Sing Se. After, it'll probably be the fire nation. Which we would have to do from Ba Sing Se. Anyway, here are some more titles which have nothing to do with the city.

Upturned Soil

Royalty Unearthed

Riches Under Dirt

Digging for Glory

Kings and Conquerors

Green Royalty

No Stone Left Unturned

Last edited:
So one thing we should keep an eye out for is Mr Grand Secretary from trying to force us into an arranged marriage with him so as to give himself a legitimate claim to the throne.

So one thing we should keep an eye out for is Mr Grand Secretary from trying to force us into an arranged marriage with him so as to give himself a legitimate claim to the throne.
Unless he seizes power openly, he can't really do that because he's officially a mid ranking bureaucrat. He's really beneath a Princess of our status.

"Do you realize how much power I'd have to give up to become president Earth King?"
- Lex Luthor Long Feng​

Long Feng much prefers being the man behind the man. Everyone who matters knows who really runs things, so what would he gain out of making it official except a lot more enemies to deal with?

Eh true it was just a thought.

[X] Sister
[X] Your games sometimes got you both in trouble
[X] Ren

That's why what we should do is try and convince some Dai Li to be personally loyal to us, instead of Long Feng. The problem is that we can't ever actually know if they are really loyal to us or not.

So, from Toph's attitude, I think we can safely assume that Earth Kingdom females are meant to be dainty and lady-like. Is this something that will really reflect on us? As Princess, pretty much the only ones who can tell us of for acting outside of a gender-role would be our brother, or mother. Everyone else who tried would be very presumptuous.

We also don't know about the war, do we?

So, from Toph's attitude, I think we can safely assume that Earth Kingdom females are meant to be dainty and lady-like. Is this something that will really reflect on us? As Princess, pretty much the only ones who can tell us of for acting outside of a gender-role would be our brother, or mother. Everyone else who tried would be very presumptuous.

Princess or not, many will disapprove. But there is precedent, so old men grumbling and offering advice that Kuei reign you in is as bad as it's likely to get.

Also, Toph's situation is somewhat different, as her blindness made her parents extremely overprotective of her.

We also don't know about the war, do we?

What war? There is no war in Ba Sing Se.

Last edited:
[X] Brother
[X] Ren

Is there a reason that Long Feng is the only Secretariat right now? Him purposefully blocking the elevation of others using bureaucracy?

Is there a reason that Long Feng is the only Secretariat right now? Him purposefully blocking the elevation of others using bureaucracy?

The Grand Secretariat at its largest comprises 6 members, but there's no requirement that all the seats be filled so long as they do their job effectively.g The oldest is named the Senior Grand Secretary and is given a sort of "First Among Equals" kind of prestige.

Long Feng was one of the youngest men to join the Grand Secretariat, and the most effective. Oddly enough, throughout his tenure many of his fellow Grand Secretaries have suddenly retired or resigned their posts. Thankfully though, Long Feng is so good at his job he hasn't had any need to get replacements for them.

[X] Brother
[X] Ren

[X] Sister
[X] Your games got you both in trouble often
[X] Hong

[X] Brother
[X] Yun

Why:

Brother because being a dude will be helpful to becoming Earth King eventually. No partiarchy problems If they even exist in Avatar.

Sometimes because being observant and patient will be very helpful to solving problems and is generally what everyone in real life strives to be.

Yun because it reminds me of Liu Bei, a gentle name for a gentleman

Last edited:
[X] Brother
[X] Yun

Okay, I had meant to close the vote earlier, but I hadn't accounted for getting sucked into deck-building in Yu-Gi-Oh Pro, so here's the belated vote tally.

[9] Sister
Sinsystems redaeth khoa36 ChaosTheVoid EmpirePlayer Minion #Q Ct613hulu shadowward Biigoh
[9] Brother

Epsilon Kingofbooks Marthis Biofan09 Leekz01 Justlurking nextive Schnolhamor Actan
[13] Your games sometimes got you both in trouble
Epsilon Kingofbooks Marthis ChaosTheVoid EmpirePlayer Minion #Q Biofan09 Leekz01 shadowward Justlurking nextive
[5] Your games got you both in trouble often Schnolhamor Actan
Sinsystems redaeth khoa36 Ct613hulu Biigoh

[8] Ren
Epsilon Kingofbooks Marthis Biofan09 Leekz01 shadowward Justlurking nextive
[5] Hong
Sinsystems redaeth khoa36 Ct613hulu Biigoh
[2] Yin
ChaosTheVoid Minion #Q
[1] Yan
EmpirePlayer
[2] Yun
Schnolhamor Actan

Which gives us the problem of how to resolve that tie over gender. We could wait until someone new votes or someone changes their votes. Alternatively, I could just be the tiebreaker, in which case I'll be choosing "boy" because over the course of this vote I got the idea of Long Feng proposing to Kuei that he marry you to the only child of the Bei Fongs for various political reasons.

Anyone have any objections to that?

You have supreme executive power. I won't complain if you chose to use it to tiebreak.

Also, i totally dig us being Toph's fiance.

Question for people. If we get engaged to Toph, I can't imagine that we would never visit her in her home town (forget how to spell it). I would imagine that there is some sort of etiquette about how one visits for these types of things. Yes, we are a prince, versus Toph being just a noble, but we are also the male. I just think that there is more than just status in regards to who ends up visiting who. But if we leave Ba Sing Sae, we learn of the war, and Long Feng can't think that we would not report this to Kuei, and that this knowledge has been kept from us deliberately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back