• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

So guess who died today!

I'll be honest, I never really knew about him until a friend starting jabbing his finger at one of the cameos in a Marvel movie and talking about why that's important.

And part of what came up when I googled him was that apparently he tended to hog a bunch of credit from other compatriots unfairly? And some of the titles or accomplishments to him definitely sounded way too hyped up and fellating.

So, uh, rest in piece I guess, but I never really saw why he's so hyped up. And I never did like "oh some famous person died" threads.

So, uh, rest in piece I guess, but I never really saw why he's so hyped up. And I never did like "oh some famous person died" threads.

He was one of the rockstars of early nerd culture, back in the days when reading comics was still very much a counterculture thing at best and got you beat up at worst. He and Jack Kirby were some of the first people to start (Emphasis on start, here. Lots of other people helped) the process that led to comics becoming mainstream, and had a personality that lent itself well to being a popular figure.

Plus, he was going through hell before he died. If you have a strong tolerance for jackassery, look up the novelty blood pens.

Plus, he was going through hell before he died. If you have a strong tolerance for jackassery, look up the novelty blood pens.
Holy fuck was he struggling to live before he died. It's genuinely disturbing how much he was fucked over in his last days.

I genuinely hope Death-chan gave him long and loving hug at the end of his journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back