• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Speaker of the Forest (digimon)

Why the fuck is there a apparition of a Wendigomon here? Are her emotions so dark that she summoned her darkest form just like that?

[X] Follow! It might want to show us something!

I am too intrigued.

You made to follow, though your body still quivered at the sight of the monsters. It's gesture awoke a certain curiosity on you; and you felt that it was unlikely to attack you if it wanted you to do something.

Even if it was still a terrifying sight.

Following the monster turned out to be harder than you had expected, for though it was big it was also quite fast, and it's long strides quickly carried it ahead of you. Usually, this wouldn't be too bad --- you could smell it, or follow it by hearing, neither of these senses seemed to apply to the monster and so you were forced to hurry along as fast as your short legs could carry you. You wove and dodged between trees that rose up around you, but the monster did not such thing. The trees passed right through it as though it wasn't there, except for when it wanted to make contact with them, in which case it let it's unique claw marks – five pointed talons – where it's hand touched the bark.

It did not turn around or speak, and so the only sound was the thrashing of it's feet in the under-brush.

The strange creature continued it's path for several hours, and slowly, the trees began to grow less familiar. You had not spent the same amount of time in the forest as your brother, so you felt a little uneasy as you were taken further and further from the places you knew. The trunks grew smaller too, younger. Maybe it was taking you to the edge of the forest?

There was a soft sound on the de of your hearing, you focused your ears and realised it was the sound of running water. A stream? Such were not uncommon in the forest, but you knew of none near this place, or what you knew of this place at least.

In the proceeding few moments, the sound grew louder and louder, moving from a soft gurgling to a much stronger roar, and your keen hearing detected the rush of water on stones. The smell of fresh water met your nose, and then suddenly, the trees around you seemed to fall away.

You opened into a clearing, a ring of trees, young and new like the one's that you had passed before. However, it was ringed with broken trunks and shattered splinters. Your eye was drawn to the centre of the clearing; a waterfall tumbled from a mossy stone cliff into an expansive pool of clear water. The lake was deep enough that it was deep blue in colour, and it's shores were mossy and green.

There was a cave cut out into the cliff wall at the opposite side to the waterfall. Your initial thought that this must be where the monster lived was proven false – the cave was far too small.

The creature stalked to the edge of the of the lake, and there it stopped. You came to a halt as well, aware of just how much the monster dwarfed you in size. Slowly, it turned. It's long arms swayed with the motion and it's eyes locked onto you again. Tiny crimson orbs, impossible to read.

Tense silence filled the clearing, the only sound the bubbling of the waterfall. You wondered what it was going to do next. The creature was still, save the swaying of it's arms.

"W-what do you want?" You asked, partly to break the silence. It's gaze was boring into you!

There was no answer. At least, not verbally.

It raised one it's mighty hands, fingers spread wide. Purple light began to gather there, and coalesce into a dark orb which looked almost childishly tiny compared to the creature itself. You the soft fur on your body rise as the orb hummed to itself. A horrible thought speared your mind, was this an attack after all? Had you come this far only to be destroyed?

The monster spun, tossing the hissing ball with an underarm throw. It sparked as it hit the water, steam poured upwards in it's wake. Then, when it hit the bottom of the pool, the ground shook with reverberating shockwaves. You were thrown from your feet, and knocked your head on the ground. As everything spun around you, you tried to pull yourself up.

There was a shriek of rage; ear-splitting and long. You looked towards the monster, but it was gone! Faded away as though it had never been.

Then, your eyes drifted to the pool of water. Steam and smoke now rising where the attack had landed; but that wasn't the only thing rising. Water poured from it's sleek scales, its serpentine form writhing in anger. It's eyes were as big as dinner plates, and it's mouth lined with needle teeth to grab and hold. It's head rose up, and up until it seemed to be taller than the trees that surrounded you. It's coils looped themselves, anxious to grip and constrict.

The Seadramon's colour was deep blue with red stripes, except in one place. There, it was charred.

The creature gave a hissing roar as it's eyes locked onto you – the only living thing in the clearing.

"Oh this is not good." Was all you could think to say.

[]Time for running, you think. Surely the tree cover will help you lose this monster.

[] "Wait! I can explain!"

[] Attack! Go for the eyes.

[] Write in

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone up for a vote? If we can get it done soon-ish then I can do another update today.

Okay, so Wendigomon is either trying to help Lopmon toughen up or it's trying to set the poor bunny thing on the path to become her.

I really don't like either options.

[X]Time for, you think. Surely the tree cover will help you lose this monster.

[X] Time for, you think. Surely the tree cover will help you lose this monster.

You took a step backwards as the snake continued to emerge from the thrashing waters. It's scales glistened in the sun. Before your eyes, it continued to uncurl, revealing more and more of itself. Just how old was this Seadramon?

Desperately, you racked your mind for something to say. Terriermon was the talker in the family, what would he say in a situation like this?

"I know this looks bad." You tried. "But if you just let me explain I'm sure that we can-"

A geyser of super-pressurized water sprayed from the serpent's open maw. You ducked, and a trio of trees behind were sliced clean in two. As the leafs fell around your head, you decided to take a second option. With all the speed of a small, frightened animal, you leapt to the cover of the forest. It seemed as though you would never reach it, but you managed it somehow and then your view of the lake was obscured by the treeline.

You were bounding; leaping from place to place as fast as you possibly could. Your legs hammering, your heart beating.

Behind you, there came the sound of crashing trees, and protesting wood.

Don't look back. You told yourself. Don't look back, don'tlookback.

The temptation was too much for you, and you stole a glance at the forest behind. Your head snapped back around, and you tried to run even faster.

Shouldn't have looked back!

Seadramon had pulled itself out of the water, it's long coils looping like a snake; and, like a snake, it was now pulling itself towards with a deceptively slow looking slithering motion. Part of you was glad that it couldn't fly or something, but most of you was consumed with getting the hell away.

"I ssseee you little rabbit." A voice from behind drifted through the trees. You closed your eyes and ran harder, but it was getting louder!

"It wasn't me!" You shouted back.

"I know..." Seadramon replied. "A ssssmall fry like you throw that blasst? But you ssseee, I am awfully hungry.. It hass been ssssso long sssince sssomeone wandered to my home..."

Each word was punctuated by the crashing of a tree in the monster's path. The sounds got closer and closer, and you realised that you would not be able to outrun it! Panic tried to seize you, and you fought it with every inch of the calm that had been drilled into you by Cherrymon.

Think. You told yourself, ignoring the rapidly gaining serpent. How do I get out of this? I can't outrun him, he's too fast! Can I hide? But there's no time now! That left only one option, though the thought of it stilled your heart. You would have to blind it somehow, and then use your small size to hide. You were sure that your senses were far better than it's, so if you could get out of its sight, you'd be able to hide from it.

Quickly, before you could change your mind you spun around to face the beast! It was almost right behind you now, it's yellow scaled face gleaming with cruel malice. Terrifying, but beneficial now.

"Blazing Ice!" You spat a stream of super-cooled air, shards of ice forming before your eyes and jabbed towards Seadramon's eyes.

"RRAAAGGHHH!" The pain of the attack made it blink and lurch away from you. Now was your chance!

You made to take cover behind one of the trees, nestling under it's roots. The ground pressed up around you, and you tried to make yourself as small as possible. You controlled your breathing as you had been taught, and forced your muscles to relax.

"Where are you?" You heard the sea serpent as it finally recovered it's senses. Naturally, you didn't answer. "Where did you go?!"

You heard the skittering sound as scales passed over rocks and branches, the crunching as the weight of the Digimon crushed them to fine powder.

"I can sssmell you..."

No you can't. You're not acting like someone with a sense of smell, I can smell you, but you can't do the same. You nodded to yourself. This could work, all you had to do was to stay hidden.

Five minutes passed by at a heart-rendingly slow pace. You heard the motions of the monster outside your hiding place, and the scent of it filled up your nose. Your sensitive ears seemed to pick up every motion as it moved to and fro.

Come on. You thought at it. Give up! You won't find me, just go away!

Suddenly, there was a crash. Splintering wood filled your ears, and the ground shook as a massive tree was cut down. Your heart sped up, what was going on?

You couldn't see what was happening, but you hardly needed to. The smell of sap, the sound of crumbling wood, it was all as obvious to you as the battle against Cherrymon had been before, but what escaped you was what Seadramon was planning to do with this course of action. There were literally hundreds of trees around the pair of you, it couldn't expect to destroy them all.

Then, the tree next to you was ripped apart by a savage blast of water. You heard the rushing, roaring current, the scream of wood as it was torn to shreds in less than a handful of seconds, pieces of wood rained down upon the forest floor.

You felt an involuntary exhalation of fear pass through your lips. It wasn't much, but it was enough. Even as you realised that you had made the sound, the tree above you was torn away with a swipe of a tail, and a massive serpent reared up above you.

"Game over." Hissed, and you saw it's maw slide open, the stream of water rushing to send you to your death. Instinct took over, and you summoned all your power.

"Tiny Twister!"

You spun as fast as you could, summoning a twisting hurricane with yourself at the centre. You had barely even made it up to speed when the water struck you! The speed of the attack served to defuse the stream, but even so it was powerful and you were smashed through one tree and then another. Explosions of pain rippled across your back and you sank to the ground.

Seadramon coiled around you now, you felt sharp scales pressing against your fur.

"Itss over." It hissed. "Once I find my prey, there isss no esscape."

Dazed and in pain, you didn't react as it started to constrict around you.

"I won't wassste you." Seadramon said. "Your data will help me reach my goal."

"Not on my watch it won't!" Terriermon's voice reached you even in your fogged condition. Leaping down from a tree, he howled. "You get away from my sister! Bunny Blast!"

An orb of heated air smashed into Seadramon's face just like you had done before, and just like then, the monster recoiled. Your limp body slipped free, and the impact with the ground knocked some sense back into you.

Rubbing your eyes, you watched as Terriermon launched into a tornado attack, but Seadramon's tail smashed into it, and he was sent flying as well. The sight emboldened you, and you managed to find your feet.

What did you do?

[] Go for the eyes!

[] Get Terriermon and run

[] Write In.

Apparently running away isn't doable. So fuck it, might as well.

[X] Go for the eyes!

Seadramon's thrashing knocked down even more trees as Terriermon hurled himself at the beast. It wasn't the first time you had seen your brother fight, but still, it was always amazing how the chatty child seemed to fade into the background as he focused on his duel.

"Terrier Tornado!"

He swept up a trunk and sent it at the foe, Seadramon hissed as it's scales took the hit, and lunged forwards with it's maw open. The sight forced you into action, and you sent your Blazing Ice attack directly into it's mouth. You saw the explosion mirrored in it's gleaming teeth.

Seadramon raised it's head again, and let loose a spray of water which carved a path through the forest. You threw yourself into cover as it passed over you, but then you heard Terriermon snarl and leap over the attack.

Before your eyes, your brother produced three more of his signature attack and sent them to explode against Seadramon's face. A massive tail whipped towards him, but he used his small size to evade and it swept into a dozen trees.

At this point, a certain concept was becoming clear to you. You had always assumed that in direct combat, you and Terriermon were somewhat equal, but it was fast becoming obvious that this just was not the case. Your powers were the same, it was true, but your brother seemed so much faster, and he knew what he was doing so much more clearly than you. All the time that you had spent inside learning how to write or how to conduct diplomacy or rituals, he'd spent learning to fight to defend the temple. It was obvious as he dodged and rolled with the blows that had sent you spinning.

Bouncing from tree to tree like a demented bouncy ball, Terriermon spat another globe of energy, to much the same effect as the rest of his attacks. Seadramon pressed the attack, forcing Terriermon to the ground under threat of a direct attack.

"Even with my best attacks, I can't make it through his scales." You heard your brother mutter. "It's as bad as trying to get Cherrymon to give a simple answer."

Seadramon for it's part was looking more and more annoyed. As frequent explosions peppered it's writhing body, it's eyes began to flash with rage.

"You annoying pessst." It hissed. "I'll feed on both of you before the day is done!"

You joined the attack, surging forwards and launching a volley of ice shards at the monster. They shattered against it's armoured scales, but it drew Seadramon's attention away from Terriermon. Your brother flipped into the air, and launched into a vortex of green power. With a sudden motion, it whacked Seadramon in the face, and the serpent began to topple.

Taking advantage, you pushed strength not your short legs, and leapt, the forest around you receded as you rose up. With you rising, and Seadramon falling, there was inevitably a point where the two of you were on an even field.

"Tiny Twister!"

You summoned your power and created a spinning vortex of wind to match your brother's. You spun forward and caught Seadramon in the face once more. As the wind's broke up around you, and you felt gravity pulling you back down, you had an idea.

"Terriermon, together!"

Luckily, he realised what you planned and nodded. You opened your mouth, and set loose a series of icy shards with your Blazing Ice attack. They slashed into Seadramon's forehead, but as before did little damage. You increased the power, even as the shards shattered and and broke, but the shards weren't the point.

"You can't harm me!" Seadramon snarled, but even it did not realise the danger it was in .

Blazing Ice was an indirect attack, it's primary purpose was to create the Ice Shards which you launched, but those shards were not the attack. Merely the result of it. The true form of your signature was actually the icy wind with which you hurled them. Though it took effort, you were able to increase the power of the wind, even though it usually had a limited effect on the ice.

This time, however, the shards were not your goal. For creeping across Seadramon's forehead, a tiny sheet of frost. The scales and flesh beneath flash-frozen by your wind. As the seconds ticked by, you felt your body growing weaker but it didn't matter.

"Now!"

Terriermon launched himself from a nearby tree, his ears extended to allow him to glide as he opened his mouth and spat his own attack.

"Bunny Blast!"

Bunny Blast was a fire-based technique, similar to your Blazing Ice but reversed in alignment. He aimed right at the spot you had hit before, and as usual, his eye was true. The orb of contained fire smashed into the icy sheet which you had formed.

Fire and ice met in a single instant. The scale armour of the monster going from super cold to hyper-intense fire in the span of less than a second. It reacted as most things do to such a change.

The explosion shook the forest, and this time you heard Seadramon scream. Shattered scales glittered on the forest floor, and red stained the head of the serpent.

"Lopmon, use your Tiny Twister!" Terriermon shouted. " I wanna try something!"

You nodded and summoned up yet more of your power. Your tiny heart was hammering, this was the first time you had ever been in a real battle, and you felt totally out of your depth.

"Tiny Twister!" You created another spurt of wind, and shaped it into a churning vortex even as Terriermon did the same with his own attack. The pair of you met, and suddenly the twisting wind got a hundred times stronger!

With two sources powering it, the attack grew and grey, the spinning pillar of wind reaching nearly as high as the trees themselves.

"Double Typhoon!"

You didn't know which of you shouted it, for it was as though there wasn't two of you at all. Caught up in the primal power of the attack, you could only do as it wanted. Winds roared and tore at the ground and sky. Now, Seadramon's early anger came back to hunt it, for the hunting hands of the wind came up with the strewn logs and branches it had created. They were lifted into the air, and you hurled them at the beast as hard as you could!

The first log brained the serpent, sending a spray of red across the standing trees. As it blinked stupidly, you sent another spinning at it, and another and another.

It scythed one in half with a stream of water, the second got iced by a thin beam. The third was deflected by a swiping tail. Even half senseless, Seadramon was fast and powerful, but it was a hopeless fight now, because the typhoon was only growing with time. Now the winds were strong enough to rip the branches off trees, and hurl them like miniature stakes.

The next barrage of these stakes stitched the around around Seadramon, most breaking on it's scales, but a few drew blood. It's eyes were wild now – this had turned from an easy hunt to an actual fight.

Seadramon fired a stream of water at the centre of the typhoon, it was grabbed by the pull of the wind, forced to circulate the outer wall, and then fired back twice as strong.

Seadramon dodged as the three trees behind it were cut down like wheat. Suddenly, it's tail smashed into the ground, and the resulting spray of dust was sucked into the vortex. You coughed and spluttered, and by the time you could see again, Seadramon had begun a retreat. It was winding it's way through the trees, back towards the lake.

The power was cut, in in a few rotations, the typhoon died down. You were left standing with your brother in the remains of a wooded area, now scoured clean of trees -or living ones at any rate. The land was littered with crushed wood.

"That was awesome!" Terriermon cheered. You didn't feel quite so happy about it, you turned your eyes to regard the land.

"It's like a bomb hit this place." You said. "Did we really do all this?

Terriermon waved a hand.

"Pffh, they're just trees. They'll be back in like, a week." The goofy smile faded from his face. "We should go after Seadramon. It won't leave us alone now, when Seadramon find prey they don't stop until they think they have won or if they have been badly beaten."

"You sound sure of that."

"It was one of the things I learned while you were stuck inside like a rabbit in a hutch." He said half jokingly. "Seadramon aren't everyday sights in the woods, but they're common enough that I was warned about them. We should-"

He was cut off as his left leg gave way, pitching him forwards into the dirt.

"I'm okay! Just a little pooped. The attack took a lot of power, you know?"

He tried to clear his head, blinking rapidly and got to his feet. "I'm okay now. Just what were you doing in this part of the forest anyway? Don't you know it's dangerous?"

[] Tell him about the creature that lured you here.

[] Don't tell him. A semi-visible creature with no scent lured you to the pool? That doesn't sound insane at all!

[] Write In.

[X] Tell him about the creature that lured you here.
[X] ''If I had to guess, I'm thinking that it was something created out of magic, by whom and for what purpose I have no idea, except that it obviously wanted something out of me''

They are family, so no point in lying, plus Lopmon has studied magic before so she can probably make the educated guess of it's true origins.

Just to clarify on Lopmon's magical studies, she glossed over it's existence and the basic factors behind how it works, she's not an awesome expert or anything. She can make a guess, but it may be way off the mark.

Talos said:
Just to clarify on Lopmon's magical studies, she glossed over it's existence and the basic factors behind how it works, she's not an awesome expert or anything. She can make a guess, but it may be way off the mark.
Oh I know, but a wrong guess that sounds reasonable is better than sounding like she's crazy.

I don't expect even the See Council to realise what Wendigomon truly is on a first impression. But then, Wendigomon is kind of fucking insane.

Deadly Snark said:
Oh I know, but a wrong guess that sounds reasonable is better than sounding like she's crazy.

I don't expect even the See Council to realise what Wendigomon truly is on a first impression. But then, Wendigomon is kind of fucking insane.

Fair enough, I just wanted to make it clear that she was no expert.

[X] Tell him about the creature that lured you here.
[X] ''If I had to guess, I'm thinking that it was something created out of magic, by whom and for what purpose I have no idea, except that it obviously wanted something out of me''

"Of course I know it's dangerous." You bit your lip, wondering how far to go. You knew that you should tell him everything, but a part of you wondered if he would laugh at you, or think you were crazy. It was petty, of course, but you had lost everyone you knew bar your brother. You didn't think you could stand losing him as well.

"Um, I sort of followed someone else here." You ventured after a second of hesitation. The thought that the monster may have been following you was enough to put pause to your worries. If you didn't warn him, Terriermon might not know to expect it, and then things could go badly wrong if it came back. "I was outside the temple, and I saw this big Digimon. Brown fur, humanoid, tall as a tree."

You paused, wondering if your brother's better knowledge of the woods would allow him to tell you the name of the Digimon, but he only shook his head. "Never heard of him."

Well, you'd half expected that anyway, so you pressed on.

"It asked me to follow it, and since it didn't attack me or anything I figured that it might be friendly."

"That was stupid." Terriermon said bluntly. You flinched back a little at his tone. "Lopmon, this whole forest is full of monsters who'd eat you just for the fun. Sure, Cherrymon and his bunch were okay, I guess, but now they're gone the rest are gonna be trying to grab as much land as they can. It's not safe to follow someone just because they haven't attacked you right now."

"I know that!" You snapped, a little hurt by his assertion. "There was also something weird about the way it moved."

"Weird as in spider legs, or weird as in weird-weird."

"Weird as in he wasn't actually making contact with the ground or any of the trees. Not floating either, he was just there. Also, there was no scent coming off him, and I didn't hear him move at all. Like a ghost."

"Okay." He said. " I'll admit that's weird. So you thought that you'd just follow the ghost monster back to it's den?"

"Not exactly like that!" You defended yourself, you knew that it was his brotherly instincts showing through. His overprotective, but you hated it none the less. It wasn't like you were defenceless or anything. You had handled yourself well during that fight. "There was a feeling to this being, like it wasn't supposed to be there." The anger drained away, as you put word to the feelings which had manifested during the encounter.

"Terriermon, you know that Cherrymon taught me a little about magic, right? Enough to recognise it, at least. I think that monster may have been produced from magic. A forest spirit, or a curse, or a wandering soul."

"Wonderful." Terriermon said. "Well, it's good that we're clearing out of here before it comes back then. Okay, I guess this isn't so important right now. We're both alive and that's what matters. I dropped the supplies a little way back when I heard the fight. Let's go get them, and we can talk on full stomachs."

Your brother led you through the desolated wasteland that once had been a forest, and eventually, into the cover of the trees which had survived. You felt your emotions calm as you put distance between yourself and Seadramon's lair. You walked in silence, though it wasn't because either of you was really annoyed. You amused yourself by observing the play of sun through leafs. The younger trees which swayed in the wind, and the older ones which stood thick and tall as towers.

After a while, you came to a spot near a moss-covered stone which was about three times as big as you were. There was a hole dug out under it, and there you discovered packs of food and supplies. They were brown, with straps so that they could be easily worn, and each one bulged with various items and foods. Not only that, you realised as you dug through them, but there were other things too. A compass, a water bottle, an old map of the forest. A bit out-dated now, but useful nonetheless.

"How did you get all this stuff?"

Terriermon frowned. "The village heard about what happened to the temple. They felt sorry for us."

You said no more on that topic, and took to reading the map. It was old, and yellowing at places, but it looked to be accurate of most of the major locations. It showed a vast forest, stretching from one corner to the next. Rivers criss-crossed the paper face, most small tributaries, but a few were truly gigantic. Villages and towns were marked and so were the territories of powerful Digimon known to dislike intruders.

There were also known routes marked out. These were often long and winding; twisting around impassable terrain, or circling areas held by particularly deadly Digimon. Most of them would require weeks of travel, and you didn't think that Datamon would have taken them. He'd be known of long before he reached the temple.

"Which route did Datamon come by?" You asked your brother, he took out a marker from his pack, and drew a path from one edge of the forest.

" I asked around about this." He said. "The city is a few miles past this point." He gestured to where the map ended. You saw there was a path near there, which was used mostly for travelling traders. It did not penetrate very far into the forest.

"You think that he extended this path?" You asked. Noting that it would easily reach the temple in about a week if it was a straight path from A to B. "But look here, to do that he'd need to cut through areas controlled by some big names. Tyrannomon, MegaKabuterimon and WaruSeadramon."

"He'd have an army, remember." Terriermon said. "I bet he could push through with only a few losses. Probably wouldn't even care. Look – the area he came from when he hit the temple is right here." He marked another spot, and drew a line from that one to the entrance. It was perfectly angular.

"So let's say he did that." You said. "How do we follow? Backtrack through his own path?"

"That'd be the fastest way, but he's probably left some guards. I don't know if we can slip past them or not."

"But it would be fastest." You confirmed. You wanted to go for this way, to avenge Cherrymon and the others who had been slaughtered by Datamon. It was the fastest way, and besides, who knew what he would do if he had those artefacts in his grasp for too long?"

"This route may be better." Terriermon said, drawing another one. It paralleled a small river, which would allow you to keep up your water supply, but also run the risk of running into powerful predators. Wild beast may be more easily handled than trained guards though, you mused.

"This way will take about a week and a half." Terriermon said. "But it also runs through some dangerous areas. Here." He pointed to a vast chunk of land which the river passed through. "Is controlled by an order of Knightmon. They have fealty to the Royal Knights. I don't know how they'd react to us."

"What about here?" You asked, pointing to another route. "This path would take us through the deep forest, we could avoid most known territories, and so long as hit each of these five villages we would easily be able to keep up our supplies."

"We'd have to visit each village though." Terriermon said. "There's no rivers in that area that I'd trust, and our water bottles won't hold out too long without refills."

Which path did you want to take?

[] The direct path, slipping past a few guards can't be too hard, right?

[] The river path, it would allow you to go undetected by Datamon, and besides the Royal Knights were good guys, weren't they?

[] The village path. The safest by far, and the villages would also allow you to keep up with the latest word on Datamon.

[]Write In

[x] The village path. The safest by far, and the villages would also allow you to keep up with the latest word on Datamon.

Anyone else interested voting? It's hard to really call it a group game if only one person is deciding what to do.

[X] The river path, it would allow you to go undetected by Datamon, and besides the Royal Knights were good guys, weren't they?

I wouldn't really call the village path the safest one, oh sure in terms of danger it should have less and we could possibly gained allies there, but Datamon likely has agents there, plus it might take too long and who knows what the crazy motherfucker might do with the things he took.

Direct path is too dangerous because since this is Datamon we're talking about, he could have things like camera or small surveillance drones around, too hard to deal with.

So we do this.
[X] The river path, it would allow you to go undetected by Datamon, and besides the Royal Knights were good guys, weren't they

Because there's no way that Datamon would risk doing anything in the territoriy of the Royal Knights, so long as we stay quiet and don't do anything, we should come out of this path without too much trouble.

Ok, this isn't an update as such, but it's something I am thinking of starting up. Now sometimes I don't have the time to write out a full update, but feel like writing something quest related. I decided to do this in the form of journal entries for various characters. These would be posted between certain updates, and mostly involve information that has a link to the plot, but is not in and of itself, spoiler related.

Anyone interested? I actually have one written up now, however, I want to see what everyone thinks before I post it.

Sounds good to me, having the journals will make playing the characters easier too.

Accessing Steel City Network...

Reading neural implant...

Welcome, Datamon.

What would you like to do?

Database/Subreference: Uplift program/entry1
Entry located.
Displaying.

The Guardromon that protect my city have always served well for the job. They are born machines, like me, they seek only the perfection of unity. Guided be my mind, they are like extensions of the self, and with their help I have expanded my influence from lowly admin to governor of Steel City.

However, I did not make it to where I am by ignoring logic. The Guardromon that served so well as warriors and defenders of the walls, will not continue to do so forever. As my power grows, I will attract more and more powerful enemies, and eventually that looming sword above my head will drop. The Royal Knights will not remain ignorant of my plans forever, and all the thousands of Guardromon in the city will be helpless to stop them.

Long have I pondered the solution to this particular problem, devoting constant CPU space to it in an attempt to find some way to increase their natural powers. Agumenting their pre-existing technology has yielded some limited success, however, their operating systems are not like my own, and I cannot modify them beyond a certain extent without a complete rebuild. Not a bad idea, but I don't have the time.

I initially thought to take the natural step of adding Digimon like MetalGreymon and MetalTyrannomon to my army. In the past, the Dark Master Machinedramon did something similar, and I saw no reason at the time that I would fail.

I began to gather Greymon, and try to augment them into an evolution. Adding technology to their forms, and grafting it into their Digital Cores did not prove to be difficult. Problems were had instead when their loyalty proved less than substantial, and the first generation rebelled against me. Four weeks they attacked my city, torched my holdings, set back years of research and development!

When the last finally died, I autopsied the bodies to discover why my Neural Implants had failed to properly suppress independent thought. I discovered that they had not – but that another presence had risen in the absence of a proper mind. Every Greymon has a dual personality, a second set of memoires and ideas buried deep beneath. Made up of pressurised anger, and rage, and a desire to survive.

Plebeians call these beasts SkullGreymon.

In suppressing the mind of the MetalGreymon, I had allowed these SkullGreymon to seize control. The next generation of implants would be able to divert this flaw, but for now I turned my attention to the DarkTyrannomon line. Here, I met with even less success, for the virus that ravaged their bodies was highly infectious, and I was unable to stem it from corrupting my technology. Fearing for my lab, I had the entire first generation destroyed.

Attempts to acquire pure strain Tyrannomon met with failure. I could not afford to roam far, others would notice. Sadly, I was forced to close off the Tyrannomon uplift project, and the Greymon uplift project, though continued, met with only limited success.

Even utilising the generation 11 implants, most Greymon succumbed to feral rage before I could gain control. I was forced to destroy these monstrositites, and load their data so that in this way, I could still gain some benefit from the project.

I estimate that there was a success rate of only about ten percent. Of the two hundred Koromon, Greymon and Agumon I aquired for experimentation, twenty took to the process and formed the core of my army.

Twenty MetalGreymon is not a force to be lightly thrown aside, and I was now much more comfortable with my position, however, lacking the ability to reliably replace their numbers I sought alternative approaches.

I needed a force that could be gathered quickly, or I would face the same problem as I had with the Tyrannomon. Their bodies would have to be sturdy in order to take to my augmentations, and their minds would have to be easily suppressed. Naturally, my eye turned to the Forest Zone, home to countless Digimon, most of them insects.

The Digimon I choose in the end were an insectoid line. They showed every sign of being perfect soldiers. Naturally heavily armoured, with multiple redundant systems and a powerful resistance to damage. I could augment them and upgrade them to a far greater degree than anything before!
But of course, such viability does not come without its costs.

So far, I had only worked with Digimon that already possessed a natural metal evolution. The blueprint was all there, to use an analogy, I only had to fit the technology into place. My current subjects had no such stage, I would be writing my own blueprint from scratch.

Well, I always knew that I was a genius. Now at last, I would have the chance to prove it.

I sent my Guardromon into the forest with orders to capture every member of the line I could find. I'd need hundreds, thousands if possible. After all, so far I had worked only on the saurians. In order to adapt my technology to an insect, experiments would have to be conducted.

Well fucking goddamned fracking shit.

Well damn.

Also are we going to go kill Seadramon like Terriormon said we should do first?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back