• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Spitfire Quest (Worm x D&D) - Quest Thread 1

I'm fully willing to support calling the PRT and saying we think someone is using powers to frame someone for a crime, possibly making sure to mention we've got some and want to know about joining the Wards as well. I'm not voting for the gang thing just because I think trying to claim Emma and Sophia are joining a gang would get us laughed at at best.

[X] Get the wallets and purses out of Taylor's locker: other. (Write in.)
-[X] Call the PRT so they can deal with it. We just got powers and we're nearly certain we saw Sophia Hess using some kind of power to frame someone for a crime. We wanna be a Ward so we can fight villains like her and bring justice to Winslow.

So basically the same PRT vote just reworded slightly for me. Willing to change if anything better comes along obviously.

Last edited:
We're not a hero. We're not even popular. We're an orphan. These are serious concerns and more importantly are absolutely ludicrous to someone who know who Sophia is. We will immediately get called on this bullshit. This just puts our name on this bullshit and gets heat from the Trio who don't even give a fuck about us. We're a rogue, not a hero. Remember we don't want to pick a fight unless it's absolute social death for them.

Seriously. Don't talk to the cops. Don't give them your name. Don't get a rep as a trouble maker. Don't get a rep as a snitch. Don't help Taylor in any fashion that is not absolute commitment and or absolute victory It's a losing proposition. That doesn't even get you skitter

We have +12 to bluff. We're also jenny q random versus a track star, a Model with a Lawyer Dad, and someone so sweet butter wouldn't melt in her mouth. People all liked by the administration and who could make thing really really difficult. We also have shit for proof but our word on a serious accusation.
And yeah there may be something hinky going on but if there is something hinky going on why in gods good name would you antagonize a parahuman for someone you literally call victim girl

Actually, it is precisely because we are a rogue we do this thing. We are skilled enough we should be able to pull this kind of thing, at least once. So, the trio will accuse Taylor stealing Emma's wallet... then find out there's no wallet inside. Bam. Why? Who knows!

[X] Call the PRT. We just got powers and we're nearly certain we saw Sophia Hess using some kind of power to frame someone for a crime. We wanna be a Ward so we can fight villains like her and bring justice to Winslow.

[X] Go to the Vice Principal, report that you overheard a few girls stuffing stolen goods into Heberts locker as a gang initiation.
-[X] Name names. It was Sophia Hess and Emma Barnes.

Let's go for Faultline instead of the wards (I don't think thats ever been done in a quest before)

Let's go for Faultline instead of the wards (I don't think thats ever been done in a quest before)
I'm willing to go along with that if you can answer a few questions first, just so I can better understand it mind you.

1. Why on earth would anyone believe us when we say Emma and Sophia were talking about joining a gang? (kinda unrelated but important for your vote)
  2. Why would we have heard of Faultline?
  3. Why would we want to join the group of mercenaries?
  4. Why would they accept a minor with no experience into their group?
  5. What would we do about the rest of the orphans and school? Faultline's crew can travel quite the distance for missions.

I have been told that the current vote is invalid, because apparently write-ins are only allowed if they are explicitly about whether or not to deal with the locker.

[X] Get the wallets and purses out of Taylor's locker: other. (Write in.)
-[X] Call the PRT so they can deal with it. We just got powers and we're nearly certain we saw Sophia Hess using some kind of power to frame someone for a crime. We wanna be a Ward so we can fight villains like her and bring justice to Winslow.

I'm willing to go along with that if you can answer a few questions first, just so I can better understand it mind you.

1. Why on earth would anyone believe us when we say Emma and Sophia were talking about joining a gang? (kinda unrelated but important for your vote)
  2. Why would we have heard of Faultline?
  3. Why would we want to join the group of mercenaries?
  4. Why would they accept a minor with no experience into their group?
  5. What would we do about the rest of the orphans and school? Faultline's crew can travel quite the distance for missions.

How the hell should I know? And it happened in canon somehow (besides I didn't come up with this vote I just copied it) and as for reasons to join them............Money? For ourselves and possibly the orphanage?

I'm talking to Evildice in IRC. I'm being told that any and all votes involving telling an adult are invalid because Emily is afraid of the bullies targeting her next.

[X] Get the wallets and purses out of Taylor's locker: steal the janitor's master key. You'll have to pick his pocket. He sometimes smells like weed after lunch, so it might not be difficult.
-[X] We have the locker keys anyways. Dump them in Sophia's locker.
--[X] Tell the principal you saw Sophia with an armload of purses earlier.

Reverting to this vote because fuck being afraid of the bullies.

[X] Get the wallets and purses out of Taylor's locker: steal the janitor's master key. You'll have to pick his pocket. He sometimes smells like weed after lunch, so it might not be difficult. Fleece the Purses and Wallets for loot and dump them somewhere.

[X] Get the wallets and purses out of Taylor's locker: steal the janitor's master key. You'll have to pick his pocket. He sometimes smells like weed after lunch, so it might not be difficult.

[X] Get the wallets and purses out of Taylor's locker: steal the janitor's master key. You'll have to pick his pocket. He sometimes smells like weed after lunch, so it might not be difficult. Fleece the Purses and Wallets for loot and dump them somewhere.
--[X] Tell the principal you saw her with an armload of purses earlier.

Last edited:
Now there's a thought. Go straight to the cops. Tell them that Sophia stole our purse and then ran away and the principal won't believe us. The cops showing up to find out why the principal won't do anything about rather clear-cut theft should be rather devastating.
It's Brockton bay and a purse. It's kinda really really minor in Lung central.

We aren't anything at all yet. We can be a hero if we want to be.
True. But on this day I rolled to play Nuetral on the character who was a canon villain and mercenary, who can give less that a fuck about Taylor and really doesn't have a secure social life.
It was people like you I hated in high school more than the actual bullies.
And it's people like you who ride short busses. If you'd looked at earlier post you'd actually notice that I literally rolled it and decided to play Nuetral. You'd notice that I'm arguing by character and what the narrative actually says about what we think of the people involved.
If you'd actually remembered anything about my posting trends when you're not taking shit wildly out of context to flamebait me you'd know that I normally trend to paladin route.

We're going to do it because we have powers now and we have just found our first villain to take down. We're going to be a hero, and make enough money in the Wards to get out of this dump.
You could. Or you could be a merc. Visit famous locale. Meet people. Burn them. Or a gentle lady thief. Or security.
You know what?
[X] Call the PRT. We just got powers and we saw Sophia Hess using some kind of power to commit a crime. We wanna be a Ward so we can fight villains like her and bring justice to Winslow.
This is a massive escalation and a broad based accusation unlikely to get anywhere, or be seriously investigated. It also trips rules unwritten. It's a really truly serious life decision. And it's something that can back fire terribly if Sophia doesn't get sacked and you have to deal with her as a teammate.
All it takes for evil to win is for the good to do nothing.

We are not a rogue(nor are we spec'd well for being a rogue), we are a Rogue. At level 2 we grow scales, the only way to avoid that is to never hit level 2.
This seems like reasons for faultline route. Also Neutral up in this thread. So neutral. Rolled it up an everything. And neutrals have a nicely small monkeysphere. Taylor is not in that sphere for the character. And bringing on heat like this and not utterly committing to her side on this conflict is halfassed dumb and not worth it.
You want to stick you neck out for her.Then stick the dang neck out completely and suffer the consequences and the reward.

There's an option for that. Don't bring the Admin, the cops or the cape in on hearsay not even in her face. Don't literally do what unlikely to work and directly goes against character self interest.

Reverting to this vote because fuck being afraid of the bullies.
See what you're saying here is fuck bullies. What I'm hearing is Ignore the Gm, ignore established characterization, ignore that people vote for the orphan teenage who goes to a gang school who most likely learned the lessons of keep your head down and is unlikely to have much social standing.
Ignore all these reasons for our character to not do the dumb thing and try this terribly hamfisted attempt to help Taylor no. Victim girl at extreme personal cost.
This on a character who in canon was a villain and has no few really altering moments.

This ignores the significantly more moderate and likely to succeed methods of helping Victim girl with less personal risk. This ignores exercising patients and building up actual evidence to nail these bullies you so hate to a wall. This ignores any pretence of sussing out the opposition which is intelligent, resourceful, well liked, and protective of her secrets in a culture that would put us in the wrong for playing pell mell with her id.

And this ignoring that you're literally telling that Sophia stole her own purse. Achieving little actual sanction while highlighting that we actually fucked with something and possibly getting us caught with the keys.

So, yeah, this vote is just for dealing with the specific situation in front of us. Free-form write-ins are not going to be counted unless they're detailed and plausible from an in-character perspective.

Regarding talking to the administration, that can happen eventually, but think about the situation from Emily's perspective:
- She has no evidence.
- It's going to be the words of four girls against hers. Four popular girls, including a jock.
- Emily is in a better social position than Taylor, because Emily's grades are good and she's not "disruptive" in class, but it's still poor odds.
- By doing this, she's unlikely to succeed, but she IS likely to draw the attention of the four bullies who she knows have done some really nasty stuff to victim girl. Does she want to be the new victim girl? Hell no.

At this point, it's a high risk for a very low chance of success.

Emily can work to get herself in a position to shut down the bullies for good, in a public and official way. That can happen. But it's not going to happen today, and she knows this.

Regarding putting the stuff in Sophia's locker, think about what will happen.
- Does Sophia use her locker? Yes. There's a chance she'll find the stuff and abort the operation.
- If she doesn't find the stuff, and the cops get called, and your counter-op goes perfectly, what will the four girls say to the cops? "Oops, I guess we just misplaced them. Tee-hee!" Emily heard the report as "lost or stolen", and it's not a crime to hold your friend's purse.

Unlike Sophia, Taylor does NOT use her locker, so the stuff would remain undiscovered where it is. That's the basis of their plan. Copying their plan won't work if the basis doesn't apply.

Think about what the characters said, and what actions you could take to capitalize on their fears and weaknesses.

This on a character who in canon was a villain and has no few really altering moments.
Like having the soul of a bronze dragon shoved inside us?

Also, the only one who rolled for neutral is you. Nobody else agreed to that. Everybody else seems to be going for the paladin option.

But we're not allowed to do that because the GM said so. Fine. Whatever. We're only allowed to be a villain? I refuse to accept that. I will keep trying votes until I find something we're allowed to do.

-[X] Bring them to the girls bathroom. Dump them out and fill them with garbage from the wastebasket, then put them inside the toilet bowls.
--[X] Keep any cash, dump everything else in another toilet bowl.
---[X] Make sure not to leave any fingerprints.

Reminder! There's a vote for mechanical level-up choices which closes when Emily hits level 2. That's not happening today, and you're free to change your votes until she does hit level 2.

Note! I added choices regarding skill point allocation. If you already voted on the ability score and breath effect, please take a look at the new choices and edit your post to include one if you want to vote on skills, too.

Vote choices are here: https://forum.questionablequesting....-mechanics-discussion.1439/page-3#post-291255

Thanks!

But we're not allowed to do that because the GM said so. Fine. Whatever. We're only allowed to be a villain? I refuse to accept that. I will keep trying votes until I find something we're allowed to do.
C'mon. You're not allowed to do all of that at once because this isn't a crack fix-fic. Destroying powerful enemies will always require work: building Emily up, and tearing the bullies down.

Also: covertly foiling a frame job seems heroic to me. Not sure how you think it's villainy. (Stealing the cash might be villainous, but removing the planted evidence seems pretty wholesome.)

-[X] Bring them to the girls bathroom. Dump them out and fill them with garbage from the wastebasket, then put them inside the toilet bowls.
This seems totally viable, yeah.

Also: covertly foiling a frame job seems heroic to me. Not sure how you think it's villainy. (Stealing the cash might be villainous, but removing the planted evidence seems pretty wholesome.)
We're based off an adventurer, therefore it's not stealing if it's from the villains, it's looting and thus perfectly valid as a heroic action.

Like having the soul of a bronze dragon shoved inside us?

Also, the only one who rolled for neutral is you. Nobody else agreed to that. Everybody else seems to be going for the paladin option.

No like actually having experienced certain victories, having someone we actually care about get hurt, getting an uncle ben moment. Taking small positive actions and having them cascade into gradual and poignant character growth. Dealing with moral dilemmas and hard siuations. Ya know the things that make becoming a paladin type actually compelling rather than just do good things get fuzzies simulator.
And don't be a moralfag drama queen. You know what you're allowed to do. Not only is it in the original fucking vote options, I've been telling different ways to actually help Taylor. But noo. You can't understand things like character, hearsay, reasonable evidence, patience, or waiting until you have a kill shot to shoot something that can actually ruin your day.

So I guess it depends on what you value most highly: Taylor's friendship or cold hard cash. For a girl in Taylor's position it doesn't take much to get on her good side. On the flipside, that seems likely to get us on Sophia's shitlist. If we go that way, we should just slip her a note about what's going down. Less likely for things to come down on Emily that way.

Of course, orphan kids can always use cash.

It kind of inform's Emily's personality, too. Do you work with people, or do you prefer to get shit done?

Last edited:

I admit I like this option a lot better than the previous one.

So I guess it depends on what you value most highly: Taylor's friendship or cold hard cash
Why? I don't think any option so far has involved actually communicating with Taylor, so why would robbing them remove the possibility of Taylor's friendship when we haven't even tried for it in the first place?

Fingerprints? Really? Cops don't investigate stolen wallets in MY town, never mind Winslow. And if you're worried about it, the step of dropping it in the toilet takes care of it.

That's aside from the fact that Emily has presumably never been fingerprinted.

Why? I don't think any option so far has involved actually communicating with Taylor, so why would robbing them remove the possibility of Taylor's friendship when we haven't even tried for it in the first place?
This option here might as well be labelled, 'Acquire Taylor Friendship':
[_] Get the wallets and purses out of Taylor's locker: enlist Taylor, she can open it. You'll have to get her out of class and convince her to work with you.
Anyway, voting:
-[X] Dump contraband in the girls' toilets.
--[X] Keep the cash, if the girls are rich enough and stupid enough to leave credit cards, take those too.
--[X] Either re-pickpocket the janitor, leave the key in his office, or dump it somewhere.
--[X] Use the cards to buy whatever shit you need at a sporting goods store or something, then cut up the cards and drop the confetti somewhere.

Might as well go the whole hog.

Last edited:
Fingerprints? Really? Cops don't investigate stolen wallets in MY town, never mind Winslow. And if you're worried about it, the step of dropping it in the toilet takes care of it.

That's aside from the fact that Emily has presumably never been fingerprinted.
I just copied the vote, modified to better fit than.

--[X] Keep any cash, dump everything else in another toilet bowl including the master key.

--[X] Keep any cash, dump everything else in another toilet bowl including the master key.

I'm amused by the Before Renovations tag on the bottom corner of your hallway picture. Also a little surprised they'd bother when they look that good.

Also...not quite sure where I stand on the insertion of pictures into the story. On one hand, it breaks the flow. On the other, this is the internet, go forth with exploring new media and forms of expression!

Now onto the actual vote.

I'm a little surprised that nobody's considered getting Taylor. We're spec'd for Bluff and such, aren't we? (I only just noticed the other thread :oops:). But that's fine, this works too.

---[X] Except the credit cards; go ahead and throw the them away. They're too dangerous to use and having the cards be missing will cause more problems for the girls than just getting them back dirty or wet.

Sounds good to me.

---[X] Except the credit cards; go ahead and throw the them away. They're too dangerous to use and having the cards be missing will cause more problems for the girls than just getting them back dirty or wet.

Edit: on second thought, there are too many ways this could backfire. Let's go with:

[] Call the PRT. We just got powers and we saw Sophia Hess using some kind of power to commit a crime. We're an upstanding citizen, and what they're doing is kinda sick.

Edit 2: changed my vote a bit. Nothing like having the system do your job for you.

Edit 3: Nevermind. >_<

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back