• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Styling requests

Not sure if this is the thread for it, but the full-justify button in the rich-text editor doesn't work. Text full-justified with it appears full-justified in the editor, but doesn't actually end up full-justified when posted.

Not sure if this is the thread for it, but the full-justify button in the rich-text editor doesn't work. Text full-justified with it appears full-justified in the editor, but doesn't actually end up full-justified when posted.
To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to full-justify text in XenForo.

Also, please don't do it.

Yeah, the WYSIWYG editor looks fancy, but it doesn't have any kind of privileged line into XF's renderer; it's generating BBcode which gets stored in the database as BBcode and rendered as BBcode, just the same as if you typed it out yourself. And there is no BBcode directive for full-width justification, AFAICT. Not terribly inclined to add one at this time.

Why in the word does it have that button, then?
The TinyMRC client is an addon - and their exist other addons which would allow for a regular justified effect on xenforo's software. Thus if we felt like it, that button could be working - but for the moment its not connected to any BB-Code parser and is an extra until the requisite mod gets added . Which alethiophile just said he is not inclined to add it.

Preview shows tags like "encadre" and "fieldset" using the "Xenforo Default" style instead of the style you're actually using.

In the "Blackend" styles, "fieldset" boxes are black-on-white, rather than white-on-dark, and just generally looks terrible:

RuWufQb.png

Flexile Dark also has some color problems:

8HMl0oE.png

qF6FrMu.png

In the "Flexile Dark" stype, the color of "fieldset" titles is still almost impossible to read.

(i.e.:
8HMl0oE.png
)

Can I request that watched tags and watched threads switch positions in the bar at the top, for mobile browsing reasons?

Would it be possible to limit signatures to not have images? Most signatures are useful (e.g. links) or inoffensive, so I'd prefer to not turn them off entirely, but some few people have large and/or several images in their signatures, which add nothing of value, but take up a lot of space.

Can I request that watched tags and watched threads switch positions in the bar at the top, for mobile browsing reasons?
Seconded.

Would it be possible to limit signatures to not have images? Most signatures are useful (e.g. links) or inoffensive, so I'd prefer to not turn them off entirely, but some few people have large and/or several images in their signatures, which add nothing of value, but take up a lot of space
Does anyone actually have an image in their sig?

I don't have use a mobile browser, but does it look anything like this?

YfAPqcg.png
Very similar.

Switching the position of watched threads and watched tags would leave watched threads accessible via a single click, which I think more people use than watched tags.

Would it be possible to limit signatures to not have images? Most signatures are useful (e.g. links) or inoffensive, so I'd prefer to not turn them off entirely, but some few people have large and/or several images in their signatures, which add nothing of value, but take up a lot of space.
I don't believe there's a technical solution to this. However, it seems like it would be a sensible forum rule. For that, you'd have to apply to tehelgee.

7LR9yOI.png

This is how sig permssions look atm.

Didn't realize media could be embedded before I took the pic, so that's turned off now. :/

There's no hard rule built into Xenforo limit limit signature image size, but I can simply turn off images in sigs. Some CSS modifications can be done to templates, to limit the image size, though.

Code:
.message .signature .bbCodeImage {
max-height: 100px !important;
max-width: 200px !important;
}

If that's placed into extra.css, that should fix the problem. I'll let alethiophile or Vanathor mess about with that.

This is how sig permssions look atm.

Didn't realize media could be embedded before I took the pic, so that's turned off now. :/

There's no hard rule built into Xenforo limit limit signature image size, but I can simply turn off images in sigs. Some CSS modifications can be done to templates, to limit the image size, though.

Code:
.message .signature .bbCodeImage {
max-height: 100px !important;
max-width: 200px !important;
}

If that's placed into extra.css, that should fix the problem. I'll let alethiophile or Vanathor mess about with that.
On the subject, are there any rules or guidelines about signatures, other than "Don't link NSFW material without labelling it"?

On the subject, are there any rules or guidelines about signatures, other than "Don't link NSFW material without labelling it"?

Well, it's limited to 7 lines, as you can see.

Right now the only guideline is don't be a dick with your signature. Using massive lettering, large images, etc, plus the rules still apply to signatures about NSFW and being civil.

With all these extra things in the menu bar, I would like to once again request that Watched Threads and New Posts, the two most useful quick links, be moved back to the far right. Because right now the two automatically visible options are Forums you Ignore and Watched Tags, arguably the least useful quick links.

With all these extra things in the menu bar, I would like to once again request that Watched Threads and New Posts, the two most useful quick links, be moved back to the far right. Because right now the two automatically visible options are Forums you Ignore and Watched Tags, arguably the least useful quick links.

This. Sooo this. Suddenly the top menu bar became utterly unusable on my phone as "threads you ignore" replaced "new posts". Even if I ignored any thread, I would also ignore the goddamn menu entry 99.999999999999% of the time, while "new posts" and "watched tags" sees occasional use and "watched threads" is covered by a bookrmark.

Last edited:
Yeah agree with the two above. The main link in the 2nd line of the header that I use with regularity is "Watched Threads". Putting it in the middle, where it's more difficult to find, obscures the most useful function for me.

These three could go into a menu or something -- they seem useful occasionally, but not often:
- Mark Forums Read
- Threads You Ignore
- Forums You Ignore

Actually from a mobile UI perspective, having "Mark Forums Read" available on the top header is kinda dangerous.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem there's an easy way to mess around with the ordering of the buttons on the Forums navigation bar, in the general case anyway. The extra ones are added on-the-fly by PHP code in the addons; they don't make any reference to the style templates at all. I've moved the ones from IgnoreMore, because it creates an actual option for that, but the others don't appear to have any way of changing it.

Why did we suddenly get a bunch of new entries on the menu bar? I liked it the way it was before and am wondering if I have any options to get rid of the new entries.

Why would anyone even want links to the things they're ignoring there? I mean if you're ignoring them why do you want to look at them?

The new ignore links are a function of IgnoreMore, which is an addon which allows more fine-grained control of ignores (in particular, ignoring threads and forums, as well as users). I'm not sure why it decided to put the links there. If I can find a better place to put them, I may turn them off.

EDIT: The ignore links in the navigation bar are now gone. If you want to get at them, go to the account-settings page; they're menu entries under 'People You Ignore'.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back