• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

The Little Uchiha - A Naruto Quest

[X] Maybe you could walk Nee-chan to the Academy? You'd then go to mooch off Itachi's fridge later.

Epsilon I've been wonder what are the requirements for unlocking more of our Sharingan's Tomoe's. Also how many more turns do we have left till we go to the academy?

Epsilon I've been wonder what are the requirements for unlocking more of our Sharingan's Tomoe's. Also how many more turns do we have left till we go to the academy?
I believe sharingans mature through stress, terror, and desperation. So when the Kyuubi attacks in about half a year, if that happens.

We become five in a month or two, academy enrollment opens in 4~5~6, Fugaku can probably get us in despite not being 6 then, alongside itachi. Otherwise it'd be in 16 to 18 months, when our age being 6 and the academy enrollment intersected.

I had a profile post conversation with Epsilon a little while ago. The timescale of our 5ness and the academy enrollment period were the main topic.

I believe sharingans mature through stress, terror, and desperation. So when the Kyuubi attacks in about half a year, if that happens.

We become five in a month or two, academy enrollment opens in 4~5~6, Fugaku can probably get us in despite not being 6 then, alongside itachi. Otherwise it'd be in 16 to 18 months, when our age being 6 and the academy enrollment intersected.

I had a profile post conversation with Epsilon a little while ago. The timescale of our 5ness and the academy enrollment period were the main topic.
Hmm...

Does the Mangy Eye require a fully matured sharingan to develop? The Kyuubi attack is probably also a good opportunity to nab those, depending on who dies.

[X] Roam Konoha on your own for the morning. What could possibly go wrong? Everything.

Does the Mangy Eye require a fully matured sharingan to develop? The Kyuubi attack is probably also a good opportunity to nab those, depending on who dies.
Pretty sure Obito's went "No Sharingan > Some Sharingan > Motherfucking Kamui" over the course of a few seconds. I think you can skip getting all the tomoe to acquire the Mangy, and in doing so you get both a fully matured sharingan and the Mange.

Hmm...

[X] Roam Konoha on your own for the morning. What could possibly go wrong? Everything.
Pretty sure Obito's went "No Sharingan > Some Sharingan > Motherfucking Kamui" over the course of a few seconds. I think you can skip getting all the tomoe to acquire the Mangy, and in doing so you get both a fully matured sharingan and the Mange.
It's really hard to say when it comes to Obito. On the one hand he did go from a Two Tomoe Sharingan, to a Three Tomoe Sharingan, and then a Mangekyo like 'SNAP' that. On the other hand half of Obito's body was Zetsu puddy, he was wearing a Zetsu, and he had access to Hashirama's DNA, so that altered things alot.

Actually...I found a Quote about that: When this offer was refused, Tobi informed Obito of the added benefit of the access he now had to Hashirama's DNA because of his artificial body, stating that due to obtaining the Senju's powers through the infusion of Hashirama's cells, by combining those powers with his own, Obito could awaken an unusual power.

'Tobi' the spiraled White Zetsu told Obito that on his way to Kakashi and Rin. So yeah.....can't say if either of you are right.

So any news on when the next update may come? (=^_^=)

[X] Maybe you could walk Nee-chan to the Academy? You'd then go to mooch off Itachi's fridge later

Does anyone have an ideas on how to derail cannon? I don't think we can do much but we can at least save some of the uchiha, especially our sister.

Maybe we should try to get some seals or flash step so we can escape with her quickly.

Does anyone have an ideas on how to derail cannon? I don't think we can do much but we can at least save some of the uchiha, especially our sister.

Maybe we should try to get some seals or flash step so we can escape with her quickly.

We kinda already are derailing canon just by existing, considering whats been going on. Especially since we are raising in ranks.

We kinda already are derailing canon just by existing, considering whats been going on. Especially since we are raising in ranks.
Yeah but better safe then sorry. Apparently the nine tails is going to show up soon. People will die so we should try to get strong enough to survive without having our sister die.

Yeah but better safe then sorry. Apparently the nine tails is going to show up soon. People will die so we should try to get strong enough to survive without having our sister die.

There is literally nothing we can do to the nine-tails and thus we likely wouldn't have any major effect with that event. We wouldn't be a part of the battle either, neither would our sister as she is still an academy student. Even then they wouldn't send genin to their deaths against that thing. So it's best not to really worry about that right now.

There is literally nothing we can do to the nine-tails and thus we likely wouldn't have any major effect with that event. We wouldn't be a part of the battle either, neither would our sister as she is still an academy student. Even then they wouldn't send genin to their deaths against that thing. So it's best not to really worry about that right now.
I said survive, not fight. If I remember right, the pressure of the nine tails will freeze most people and kill babies by making them stop breathing. We should train a little to be fast enough to run away with our sister just in case the nine tails decides to smash our compound.

I said survive, not fight. If I remember right, the pressure of the nine tails will freeze most people and kill babies by making them stop breathing. We should train a little to be fast enough to run away with our sister just in case the nine tails decides to smash our compound.
I hope it does. It would do a lot to quell rumors that the Uchiha were involved in the attack if our compound got smashed in it. But I doubt it will.

Depends on how much forethought Tobi put into the attack I guess.

Does anyone think we can get Minato to show us some seals when he comes back?

Sorry for the over month long absence. I had an accident on my way back from a short exam-end vacation. Barring the wrecked car, I ended up wih a busted right shoulder and leg. No deaths however, so I'm quite thankful.

I need about a week or more to fully move around and do stuff.

Now pardon me while I do a reread to refresh my memory and then slowly start a draft on my phone.

Voting Closed.

[6] Maybe you could walk Nee-chan to the Academy? You'd go to mooch off Itachi's fridge later...
[dice]7020[/dice]

Last edited:
Sorry for the over month long absence. I had an accident on my way back from a short exam-end vacation. Barring the wrecked car, I ended up wih a busted right shoulder and leg. No deaths however, so I'm quite thankful.

I need about a week or more to fully move around and do stuff.

Now pardon me while I do a reread to refresh my memory and then slowly start a draft on my phone.

Voting Closed.

I'll count up the tally sometime soon.

Damn dude, glad you are ok. Take as long as you need to recover.

*finds awesome but old quest*
*once read through finds out it is going to be updated soon*
[JOY]

10. Morning Blues
Throughout the past month, you've worked hard beneath your clan head's tutelage in learning the ninja arts. The routine has become something familar; you've grown used to it.

Go to Lord Fugaku's house in the morning. Do
whatever task he assigns you before leaving for his duties as the commander of the military police. Practice your taijutsu and hone your mastery of chakra, the energy that flows in a spiral along your veins. Roam and explore all that the Leaf has to offer with Itachi and Shisui by your side.

But today is your day off. You wonder what you should do, while lying awake in your bed at seven in the morning. The thought of continuing your regular training comes to mind, but Lord Fugaku explicitly told you to spend this day relaxing yourself. Constant training harms more than it helps if you overtax yourself; your muscles need regularly spaced breaks to rebuild themselves stronger.

An abundance of free time, but nothing in particular to do...

"Hibiki, I'll be heading off now!" your sister's voice drifts from the hallway as she prepares to head out to the academy.

You almost say 'see you later!' like always, but a thought occurs to you.

Immediately, you fling yourself from the covers and grab the high collared shirt hanging in your closet.

"Wait up, Nee-chan!"

The morning Konoha is moderately bustling in activity, you notice, as you walk outside.

"Honestly," Nee-chan huffs while attempting to comb down your hair with her fingers. "You could've just slept in you know. Fugaku-sama works you to the bone six days a week; and a growing boy like you needs his rest!"

She mildly succeeds at taming your unkempt bedhead into something more acceptable in polite company, and then scrutinizes you with narrowed eyes. With a sharp tug, she fixes your half folded collar, and then gives self-satisfied nod and a pat on the back.

"Why do you want to go to the Academy anyway?" Hikari-nee conversationally asks.

Well.

You really haven't seen much of Nee-chan the past month, with her being busy for her upcoming graduations and you being occupied with mindnumbing hours of training. Hikari-nee is both your parent, sibling and best friend all in one; she's all you've known throughout your short little life. Though you have fun hanging out with Itachi and a more questionable amount of fun when dragged into trouble by Shisui, you've missed spending time with your sister.

That's why you decided to walk her to the academy this morning. But really, it's a bit embarassing to say that out loud...

There are other plausible reasons to visit the academy though.

"I guess I just wanted to check out the place," you reply while gazing up at the clouds. "I'll be beginning my own classes soon, after all."

"Oh, right," Nee-chan says with a contemplative expression on her face. "You're going to be a ninja too, in a few years..."

The residential area comes to an end. You live in Southern Konoha, and the academy lies in the official zone in the central district. There are hawks circling the sky in the distance, and the imposing faces of the Hokage staring down from further north, like always.

You squint, and your eyes briefly flicker crimson to give you better clarity. An ordinary person would not be able to notice anything amiss from this far, but doujutsu bearing eyes are naturally sharper than those without. You think you saw a few people on a blank spot beside the austere stone visage of Sarutobi Hiruzen...

Are they adding a new face?

"Hibiki! Stop dawdling and come on!" Nee-chan grumpily calls down to you from above.

You turn your gaze back from the mountain and crouch down a bit. Large amounts of chakra flow through your legs to augment your muscles, as you increase the pressure you'd been exerting on the ground. And then, like a released spring or perhaps like a striking snake, you leap upwards.

The wind rushes past your ears briefly - and then you spread out your arms like a bird to compensate for balance. Your feet land lightly on a pair of red roof tiles.

"Let's go," you say to Nee-chan with a smile.

Roof hopping is one of the more common methods of travel among the general ninja population of Konoha, and a skill you've learnt through your recent training spree. The buildings in the central district all have thick, reinforced tiles - and according to your sister, there is an actual 'Roof-ninja' who fixes the tiles broken by badly executed landings or by a passing Akimichi.

You're not sure if she's pulling your leg...

Scores of ninja leap across the roofs. A few genin head westwards to the training grounds; a patrolling member of the military police moves in the vague direction of the market district; a busy chunin juggling sheafs of paper in one hand gracefully crosses two buildings in one jump - and then curses as he almost trips at the landing.

You move, and you breathe.

The air smells of pine and forestry even though you're surrounded by civilization. Errant leaves float freely in the air, sometimes catching on Nee-chan's spiky mane. She furiously bats them out every once in a while.

Between the buildings and on the side of the roads, large trees sprout out into the sky, acting as landmarks to those first learning to navigate the city. Konohagakure becomes more of a maze as one proceeds to the centre, with same colored buildings of different heights arranged to disorient you.

But after Nee-chan leads you past a certain point, the cluster of buildings clear up. A cherry red structure comes into view; one that every Konoha resident knows by sight.

The Hokage Tower.

"We're here!" Hikari declares. She leaps down from the roof of the bakery opposite the hospital, and so do you. The usual scent of forestry is drowned out by that of fresh bread - which rouses your stomach. Maybe you can stop by here on your way back?

The Academy is just beside the Hokage tower. You see many children walking to the gates, where a burly chunin stands guard clad in his ash-green flak jacket.

"You won't be allowed inside," Nee-chan says with a shake of her head. She ruffles your hair -the same hair she combed down, mind you- and then turns towards the entrance.

"Hey Hikari!" someone calls out from ahead.

ayame_yamanaka___naruto_oc_by_avenged4lifeforever-d5hj3rk.png

It's a girl her age, with flaxen hair and cyan eyes. Like always, a Yamanaka is your first guess.

"Minori," your sister acknowledges with a grin. "Good morning."

The girl shushes your sister and immediately crouches down to get a better look at you up close.

You blink.

"Is this little Hibiki-chan then?" she asks with a teasing smile. "He's so cute! Just look at those widdle cheeks he's hiding beneath the flaps," she cooes. "I'm Yamanaka Minori; but you call me Minori-chan or Minorin if you want!"

Her hands are making grabby motions, and she gets even closer. You take a step back - perhaps due to the screaming instincts you inherited from your lineage as a child of one of the oldest warring clans.

Your sister sighs. "Don't traumatise him...too much."

"Don't wander off anywhere alone, alright? Head on home," Hikari says to you and then vanishes behind the gates. Yamanaka Minori waves at you before following after your sister, but you pointedly ignore her.

Your cheeks are still throbbing from the all the pulling, pinching and tugging they received a minute prior.

Hands in your pockets and a scowl hidden beneath the high collar of your shirt, you walk along the walls of the academy. You turn your head as you hear raised voices.

"...hey, give it back!" a voice wails. "It's mine!"

There's a boy a bit older than you sprawled out on the ground, while an even older boy pins him to the ground with his foot. He holds a rather nice looking scarf in his hands - and seems to be attempting to tear it into pieces. There are other students passing through the area, but none of them spare the scene a second glance.

"Darn, what's this thing made of?" grumbles the older boy as he tugs on the silky cloth. A small rip soon appears, and he crows in laughter.

[Into the Fray]

Rolled: 27+5 》32

A hand whips out and grabs that of the older boy's. You realise that it's your own.

"Hey. Give him his scarf back," you simply say.

Amber eyes look down at you. Up closer, you notice the red fang tattoos on his cheek partially obscured by his shaggy brown hair.

Inuzuka.

He removes his feet from the top of the younger boy's chest - and the latter scrambles back and looks at you with wide eyes.

"Kid," the older boy begins with a sharp toothed grin, "You want a fight?"

[ ] Yes
-[ ] Fight with your sharingan active
--[ ] Write in strategy
-[ ] Do not use your sharingan
--[ ] Write in strategy

[ ] No
-[ ] "No. I just didn't like watching you bully him."
-[ ] You're not sure if you want to tangle with an Inuzuka. Back out.

Both 'No' options require persuasion/diplomatic rolls to succeed.

Fighting with your sharingan active or inactive both have pros and cons; though I'm sure you can figure them out if you think a bit. A good strategy will get a roll bonus. If it's a particularly bad one, a negative bonus.

You've become acquainted with Yamanaka Minori, a classmate of your sister.

AN: I've recovered pretty well. Lots of things to catch up on irl, but I'd like to see where the tale of Uchiha Hibiki goes...

I've thrown you your first possible combat situation, against someone older and stronger - the norm in the Naruto world. Fight or Flight, now let us see.

Yaaay!
I'd make a vote, but I'm a poor strategist, so instead I'll look back into the training schedule we were going to do:
15xp chakra control, 5 kunai throwing (or maybe like...13xp chakra control, 7xp kunai throwing), then some even spread (leaving off chakra control), and then a few turns of bumping other stuff up to snuff.
Because we want the traits.

[x] No
-[x] "No. I just didn't like watching you bully him."
--[x] Have your Sharingan active when you say this.

[] No
-[] "No. I just didn't like watching you bully him."
--[] Have your Sharingan active when you say this.

I suppose this is a strong enough response. Plus, exhibiting our sharingan publicly at this age is probably okay for the clan's name.

Last edited:
On another note, you guys will begin the academy in, two months? And your birthday is rather near too; I'll have to think up something for the occasion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back