• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

The Music Thread

Not the biggest fan of the rap parts, but the refrain is damn good- and the whole thing is as amusing as always, of course.

MarcoMeatball himself is usually very hype about videogame music, and his guests are usually very positive, but it seems this time he had a more critical guest.
I'm still going through it (1h long, starts with Halo Theme which just finished) so idk, but comments say that he was critical and that it was a refreshing change.

So I finally took the time to check Gregorius's battle theme in Blue Archive, a special boss not even release on global yet and well...

Hot damn it's good.

The Pandoras' Come Inside was (would have been?) a very QQ album, but Elektra dropped the band before it was released with only a few test-pressings existing. Someone got hold of one, digitized and uploaded it.

link

Track List:

1. Run Down Love Battery - 0:00 - 3:30
2. Take The Lead - 3:30 - 7:30
3. Just A Picture - 7:30 - 10:40
4. Hard On Me - 10:40 - 13:50
5. Again And Again - 13:50 - 17:00
6. Hungry For You - 17:00 - 19:45
7. What I Need And What I Don't - 19:45 - 23:00
8. I'll Walk Away - 23:00 - 27:15
9. Wear My Ring - 27:15 - 30:15
10. Craving - 30:15 - 33:30

I love Hans Reichel and the Daxophone in general. This is probably my favorite of them.

Cover tunes with feeling/dancing with no shame/I'M GOING OFF THE RAILS ON A POLKA TRAAAIN!

link

\m/_(^_^)_\m/ \m/_(^_^)_\m/ \m/_(^_^)_\m/ \m/_(^_^)_\m/ \m/_(^_^)_\m/

Huh. Could've sworn I got linked this from here, but I can't find it in the thread...

So, I guess, may I (probably) present Carmen Miranda's Ghost?

They've even been re-posted in HD.

If you go to YouTube and check the user, you'll find the whole album.

They're basically Space Sea Shanties- from an album from 1989.

The first one (The title track) is about a friendly ghost haunting a space station and leaving baskets of fruit.

The second track, Dawson's Christian, is about a Space Ghost Ship.

The Good Ship Manatee is about a crew of oddballs and all their little quirks.

Some Kind of Hero is one of the three tracks I'd call a ballad- a guy who's asking the piano man to write a song about the real heroes of the event everyone's lauding him over, who died trying to save everyone.

Guardians is another ghost story, a guy on a lone ship gets seriously injured when something goes wrong... and in his delirium he sees them as they encourage him to fight, to crawl to the rescue beacon.

One Last Battle is an old-school 'letter to my lover before I go into battle' type song.

Space Hero is a classic army jig about how shit the space marine job actually is.

Sam Jones is another ballad- about a young man desperate to be a spacer. That one brought me almost to tears the first time I heard it.

Good songs. The same user also has a bunch of similar albums- Free Fall and Other Delights is by the same artist as Carmen Miranda's Ghost, and shares a few tracks. I can also recommend at least one of the songs from 'Where No Man'

Haven't listened to the rest of that album though.

A timeless classic, but for the grimmest of reasons...

Oddly cheerful beat, all things considered.

Senshi yo, Tachiagare! by Masaaki Endoh

God, one of if not the best guitar performances I've ever heard. Eric Johnson is able to get sounds out of an electric guitar I didn't even know was possible.

This isn't a recommendation, sorry. Does anyone recognize the tune that plays in the first clip of this video?

I swear I have heard it before somewhere, but I just can't put a finger on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back