• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

The New World, and the Land of Illusion. (Touhou Overlord crossover)

Notice
So I figured everyone deserves an explanation as to why updates seem to be slow with it taking six months to update this. Truth is when I started this story I had originally opened to be over with it in about a year. That turned out to be false. Instead I found myself in a strange feeling of disinterest and a creative mess.

Going to a few old friends in fanfiction and hearing them I realized something. I might be hitting that period where many fanfic writers just stop altogether due to their sheer age. Yes, age as I am 29 going to be 30 soon and I have been doing this for close to 15 years in some form or another. Ever since I was a sophomore in high school when I found FFN by accident while looking through early youtube and started reading and then writing with Yugioh GX on some account I don't remember the password for anymore. That took me down a long winding pathway that lead me to doing this across four sites in that decade and a half.

Regardless, what I am saying is that I don't know if I will even be able to finish this story or well any story again as to be honest I don't know if this is truly temporary or if I am just done with this part of my life. I at least owe it to you all unlike so many other writers to give you a heads up. If I don't update this, any other fanfic, or create a new one in a year then you can guess that I am now… well retired.

Awwww I'll miss your stories dude, hope for you the best!
I hope so as well. I have met people in their 30s who still do this and they said I only need a break. Meanwhile having tracked down some old co-writers they tended to tell me that much like how I am feeling right now and choose to retire by the time they turned 30.

So I figured everyone deserves an explanation as to why updates seem to be slow with it taking six months to update this. Truth is when I started this story I had originally opened to be over with it in about a year. That turned out to be false. Instead I found myself in a strange feeling of disinterest and a creative mess.

Going to a few old friends in fanfiction and hearing them I realized something. I might be hitting that period where many fanfic writers just stop altogether due to their sheer age. Yes, age as I am 29 going to be 30 soon and I have been doing this for close to 15 years in some form or another. Ever since I was a sophomore in high school when I found FFN by accident while looking through early youtube and started reading and then writing with Yugioh GX on some account I don't remember the password for anymore. That took me down a long winding pathway that lead me to doing this across four sites in that decade and a half.

Regardless, what I am saying is that I don't know if I will even be able to finish this story or well any story again as to be honest I don't know if this is truly temporary or if I am just done with this part of my life. I at least owe it to you all unlike so many other writers to give you a heads up. If I don't update this, any other fanfic, or create a new one in a year then you can guess that I am now… well retired.
First - RL is always more important,and real children would save when you are old,not fanfiction.
Second - you did good job
Third - if you think,that you must abadonn it,wrote how you planned to finish story.

So uh... If you're gonna quit writing, do you mind terribly if I use your stuff as a base to inspire myself for some fanfiction material?

I mean, I might have a lot of projects atm, but I'm sure I can do a non-lewd Touhou Project and Overlord Crossover to practice not being lewd af when I write or something.

First - RL is always more important,and real children would save when you are old,not fanfiction.
Second - you did good job
Third - if you think,that you must abadonn it,wrote how you planned to finish story.
that's why I am still unsure. A few people who are well over 30 sad I should give myself a break before seeing if I can continue. If so then I will probably try to finish this story best I can.

If not I probably will post the notes of what is to happen. Likely sometime in mid July.
So uh... If you're gonna quit writing, do you mind terribly if I use your stuff as a base to inspire myself for some fanfiction material?

I mean, I might have a lot of projects atm, but I'm sure I can do a non-lewd Touhou Project and Overlord Crossover to practice not being lewd af when I write or something.
Go for it. Not like anyone doesn't use others work for inspiration anyway.

that's why I am still unsure. A few people who are well over 30 sad I should give myself a break before seeing if I can continue. If so then I will probably try to finish this story best I can.

If not I probably will post the notes of what is to happen. Likely sometime in mid July.

Go for it. Not like anyone doesn't use others work for inspiration anyway.
Take your time,as dude over 50 i could sy,that you could wait few years.World should not end till then.

Man I remember thinking this was the coolest idea. Gonna have to reread it, and I 100% understand it if your done.

real children would save when you are old
You're an optimist I see.

More seriously, you do you. I have known writers who continued far later than their 30s...even when they were dying, but it is true many just go kaput. Do what makes you happiest

You're an optimist I see.

More seriously, you do you. I have known writers who continued far later than their 30s...even when they were dying, but it is true many just go kaput. Do what makes you happiest
Hmmm...what about " well raised christian children could save you when you are old,when fanfictions certainly not?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back