• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

The Red Rose of Konoha (Yu Yu Hakusho/Naruto)

Vindictus said:
[X] No, you're a Kijimuna.
Not-sure-if-serious troll is best troll.
Kijimuna tales apparently end badly for one or both parties involved.
Pick something less....ill-shadowed.

[X] "I'm going to be. I am, aren't I, Tenzo-sensei?"

I don't see the choice for having not deciding being a good thing. It might be a good thing to say to Sakura for her sake, but very distressing to those listening.

[X] "No, just a magician. Would you like an apple?"

Because I don't mind making people sweat. :p

If being addressed doesn't snap him out of it, the next step is to see if there are any flowers in the area that we could use to draw on his face.

Since I generally prefer reading this to voting, but I feel compelled to make some points.
You want Sakura in the Academy? Suggesting you'll become a ninja is likely to encourage her.
Dunno if her mother will allow her play with you, though; she doesn't seem to be ninja.

Suggesting you don't want to become a ninja in public, just after Minato mentioned pressure to get you there and the politics?
Is likely to increase political pressure on your parents to get you into the Academy, as you are obviously learning the wrong things.
And strengthen the hand of the conservatives to boot.

So y'all out for freedom might want to keep it in mind when you go freeform trolling.

Last edited by a moderator:

uju32 said:
Since I generally prefer reading this to voting, but I feel compelled to make some points.
You want Sakura in the Academy? Suggesting you'll become a ninja is likely to encourage her.
Dunno if her mother will allow her play with you, though; she doesn't seem to be ninja.

Suggesting you don't want to become a ninja in public, just after Minato mentioned pressure to get you there and the politics?
Is likely to increase political pressure on your parents to get you into the Academy, as you are obviously learning the wrong things.
And strengthen the hand of the conservatives to boot.

So y'all out for freedom might want to keep it in mind when you go freeform trolling.
Actually Sakura's mom should have been a ninja at one point. I know she was in road to ninja. Which the manga artist had a direct hand in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course, if we're going by Road to Ninja, her dad was a Kage candidate we never heard of before or since.

That's like... what? Dan, Orochimaru, Minato, Sarutobi, Hashirama, that Haruno dude. How did nobody mention that guy at any point, given the circles he would have moved in?

I suppose given Dan's weighty breadth of backstory (ha!), it's not impossible, but still.
Torgamous said:

If being addressed doesn't snap him out of it, the next step is to see if there are any flowers in the area that we could use to draw on his face.
Don't be ridiculous. We just need to build him an elaborately constructed flower crown.

It'd go so well with his eyes.
yamato__s_scary_face_wallpaper_by_draconicarmagon-d30lry6.png

Guile said:
Of course, if we're going by Road to Ninja, her dad was a Kage candidate we never heard of before or since.
That's like... what? Dan, Orochimaru, Minato, Sarutobi, Hashirama, that Haruno dude. How did nobody mention that guy at any point, given the circles he would have moved in?
I suppose given Dan's weighty breadth of backstory (ha!), it's not impossible, but still.
Plot hole, plot holes everywhere.
I once posted a theory on SB that he and/or his wife were being groomed to take over ROOT, after Danzo borked, then tried to conceal involvement in the Rain Affair.
It would explain(sort of) the "chuunin who took an injury and had to retire early" cover story.
AU of course.
Lemme see if Google will find me the original post....

@Guile
Yes, found it.
Lemme quote
Make him the leader of the ROOT replacement.

After all, the whole point of Root was that it was village-sanctioned and blacker than black.
Danzo's antics blew that out of the water, what with his domestic meddling and heavy handed operation( I mean, threatening an orphanage in public?Really?).
His piss-poor human resources just reinforced the point; if Konoha had a review board, his record of fuckups would have gotten him deep-sixed.
And you can't have a black ops operation run by someone famous enough to be called "the Darkness of the shinobi world" by foreign Kage.

So have the Ame affair be his personal Bay of Pigs; he gets recalled, reviewed, and Root gets demobilized in stages.
He retains loyalists, and maybe a few resources, but Root is effectively dead, and used primarily as cover.
Then the Kyuubi attack happens.

Danzo promptly seizes the opportunity to push for and reactivate Root.
Sarutobi, remembering history, but bowing to pressure, allows it but asks Kizashi to set up officially a parallel organization.
Then the Uchiha rebellion comes and Danzo overplays his hand by unilaterally ordering a wipeout of the clan, which costs them multiple S-class shinobi.

In the aftermath, the clan heads/Council are horrified/ Danzo gets shut down hard.

uju32 said:
Kijimuna tales apparently end badly for one or both parties involved.
Pick something less....ill-shadowed.

Japanese folklore has an unfortunate lack of tree-spirits.

I mean, I can't exactly have the girl say "I'm an ENT!" and have anyone take it seriously. Or even understand, for that matter.

Vindictus said:

I mean, I can't exactly have the girl say "I'm an ENT!" and have anyone take it seriously. Or even understand, for that matter.
Plus the red hair fits a treat.

What else is there, kodama?

Yeah, I think that's the only other tree spirit aside from maybe that one man-eating sakura tree.

Which would be the worst idea ever. Really.

(x) Who knows? People can be anything they want to be. Do you like apples?

Vindictus said:
Yeah, I think that's the only other tree spirit aside from maybe that one man-eating sakura tree.
There's a couple other tree spirits, but as far as I can tell they're more navigational hazards than things that could reasonably pass as people.

Doesn't mean we can't claim to be something else, though. Just has to be less mythological and more whatever pop culture is for our age group. Claim to be a Pokémon or something.

So, I'm reading up on Kijimuna, right?

First thing I notice is they've got a bad rep for throwing people with gastrointestinal issues. Let's be honest, who here would never react badly to having someone break wind on top of them? So, one point for Kijimuna being misunderstood.

In the next story, one of them pays a kid to be his friend, and when the kid ditches him later in life the Kijimuna takes all the money back. That's kind of a pathetic way to make friends, but whatever, it kept the deal and didn't take anything it hadn't given. Another point for misunderstood.

Another tale tells of the time a fisherman who had been hanging out with a Kijimuna decided he didn't wanna hang out with it anymore. So he burned down the Kijimuna's house.

Wow, there had to be a better way to do that.

By the time I read that last story, about a Kijimuna and some guy it was hanging out with, I was firmly in the 'they're not so bad' camp.

Right up until after the guy takes a break to have a nap, which is when the Kijimuna goes off and steals some girl's soul, later mentioning offhandedly that she now has less than a day to live.

And there go all those misunderstood nice guy points.

Then there's the time the Kijimuna gave a bunch of children bad acne.

I remember being a teenager. Major bad guy points.

Vindictus said:
Then say nothing.
Shoehorning an unlucky Okinawan spirit to make a transient joke is one of the things with no upside, not even amusement.
EDIT
Or choose a Pokemon or something.
Just not something so unfortunate.

useless101 said:
So, I'm reading up on Kijimuna, right?

First thing I notice is they've got a bad rep for throwing people with gastrointestinal issues. Let's be honest, who here would never react badly to having someone break wind on top of them? So, one point for Kijimuna being misunderstood.

In the next story, one of them pays a kid to be his friend, and when the kid ditches him later in life the Kijimuna takes all the money back. That's kind of a pathetic way to make friends, but whatever, it kept the deal and didn't take anything it hadn't given. Another point for misunderstood.

Another tale tells of the time a fisherman who had been hanging out with a Kijimuna decided he didn't wanna hang out with it anymore. So he burned down the Kijimuna's house.

Wow, there had to be a better way to do that.

By the time I read that last story, about a Kijimuna and some guy it was hanging out with, I was firmly in the 'they're not so bad' camp.

Right up until after the guy takes a break to have a nap, which is when the Kijimuna goes off and steals some girl's soul, later mentioning offhandedly that she now has less than a day to live.

And there go all those misunderstood nice guy points.

Then there's the time the Kijimuna gave a bunch of children bad acne.

I remember being a teenager. Major bad guy points.
Oh, the fae. ^_^ No matter the culture, they do not give any more fucks than you can make them promise to give.

uju32 said:
Shoehorning an unlucky Okinawan spirit to make a transient joke is one of the things with no upside, not even amusement.
Kids can have unique perspectives on the stories they're told. I have it on good authority that my idol at around that age was Icarus. It's not inconceivable that a kid like Naruto could identify with an unlucky Okinawan spirit because red hair and trees.

Torgamous said:
Kids can have unique perspectives on the stories they're told. I have it on good authority that my idol at around that age was Icarus. It's not inconceivable that a kid like Naruto could identify with an unlucky Okinawan spirit because red hair and trees.
But Kurama is not a kid; she has an adult's experience in that 3 year old body.
Nor is she talking to kids alone; Sakura's mother is there, as is Tenzo, and God knows how many ANBU guarding, and eavesdroppers drawn to the sudden transformation in the park.
S/he is conscious enough to understand the political calculations involved in her upbringing; loose talk of this type can only cause trouble, and she knows it.
FurikoMaru said:
Oh, the fae. ^_^ No matter the culture, they do not give any more fucks than you can make them promise to give.
Ah.
All my nope.

Torgamous said:
Kids can have unique perspectives on the stories they're told. I have it on good authority that my idol at around that age was Icarus.
Best childhood hero to get a tattoo of ever.

(x) Who knows? People can be anything they want to be. Do you like apples?

honestly, we arent a ninja, (yet) and besides, if you honestly think you can take one child's word to another, as proof of what they want to be when they grow up? then I have a bridge to sell you in Atlantis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back