• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

The Red Rose of Konoha (Yu Yu Hakusho/Naruto)

uju32 said:
But Kurama is not a kid; she has an adult's experience in that 3 year old body.
Nor is she talking to kids alone; Sakura's mother is there, as is Tenzo, and God knows how many ANBU guarding, and eavesdroppers drawn to the sudden transformation in the park.
It shouldn't be inconceivable to them that a kid like Naruto could identify with an unlucky Okinawan spirit because red hair and trees. If a kid pretends to be a fairy, you don't assume they approve of the shit that mythical fairies get up to. Kids that play Cowboys and Indians aren't expected to approve of genocide. Nobody thought the boy in my sister's Kindergarten class that wanted to grow up to be a dolphin was going to be a rapist. A kid pretending to be something distasteful is only cause for concern if that kid demonstrates that they understand why it's distasteful.

Torgamous said:
It shouldn't be inconceivable to them that a kid like Naruto could identify with an unlucky Okinawan spirit because red hair and trees. If a kid pretends to be a fairy, you don't assume they approve of the shit that mythical fairies get up to. Kids that play Cowboys and Indians aren't expected to approve of genocide. Nobody thought the boy in my sister's Kindergarten class that wanted to grow up to be a dolphin was going to be a rapist. A kid pretending to be something distasteful is only cause for concern if that kid demonstrates that they understand why it's distasteful.

hahahaha.

ah, thats great.

[X] "I'm going to be. I am, aren't I, Tenzo-sensei?"

[X] "No, just a magician. Would you like an apple?"

We be rollin' with da wizards yo, fuck that ninja shit.

Torgamous said:
This is not modern Earth with thousands of years of recorded history and learning; this is a pseudo-feudal nation-state barely sixty years old, in a cosmology where the Death-god is an empirically proven entity that can be summoned and bargained with.
Where they've fought three world wars in sixty years, recently lost a significant chunk of their military strength, and regard Kurama as the Great Hope.
Very different social situation and assumptions apply.

Besides, why are you expecting reason from the same population that ostracized "the demon brat" in canon?
Even IRL kids get guff for "unrealistic ambitions".
And while Ma/Pa may think nothing of it, we're considering the effect on the same guys who thought it was reasonable to put a three year old in Ninja School.

And we are a blatantly supernatural event, even among ninja; Hashirama had to be an adult to beat down the Kyuubi, not a minutes-old infant.
People are not reasonable about us, hence the attempts to put a three year old in ninja academy.
And Kurama has enough life experience to know better than to give them cause to try and derail her childhood.

uju32 said:
This is not modern Earth with thousands of years of recorded history and learning; this is a pseudo-feudal nation-state barely sixty years old, in a cosmology where the Death-god is an empirically entity that can be summoned and bargained with.
Where they've fought three world wars in sixty years, recently lost a significant chunk of their military strength, and regard Kurama as the Great Hope.
Very different social situation and assumptions apply.

Besides, why are you expecting reason from the same population that ostracized "the demon brat" in canon?
Even IRL kids get guff for "unrealistic ambitions".
And while Ma/Pa may think nothing of it, we're considering the effect on the same guys who thought it was reasonable to put a three year old in Ninja School.

And we are a blatantly supernatural event, even among ninja; Hashirama had to be an adult to beat down the Kyuubi, not a minutes-old infant.
People are not reasonable about us, hence the attempts to put a three year old in ninja academy.
And Kurama has enough life experience to know better than to give them cause to try and derail her childhood.
It's not like three-year-olds in ninja school is unheard of.

For Itachi and Kakashi to graduate at 5, they probably were in ninja school at age 3.

Guile said:
It's not like three-year-olds in ninja school is unheard of.
For Itachi and Kakashi to graduate at 5, they probably were in ninja school at age 3.
Or they ran through the Academy course in a year.
Or the course then was much shorter than it currently is.

uju32 said:
Or they ran through the Academy course in a year.
Or the course then was much shorter than it currently is.
Yeah, they both graduated in a year. Also, Itachi graduated at 7, while Kakashi was 5. Still, Kakashi was entered into the academy at 4, which is really close to 3. Still, it is incredibly uncommon for that to happen, and I'm pretty sure that it only happens when there's a war, or one is coming.

To be fair we could walk, talk & had full bowel control by age 3. We're showing pretty quick physical & mental development.

On a side note since we've already introduced ourselves prim & properly I suggest we always treat people professionally & behave adultish(somewhat adjusted for age). With our powerset & adult experience as Kurama it won't be too hard to appear mature.

megrisvernin said:
On a side note since we've already introduced ourselves prim & properly I suggest we always treat people professionally & behave adultish(somewhat adjusted for age). With our powerset & adult experience as Kurama it won't be too hard to appear mature.
I support this.

I wonder what, if anything, we'd be able to do with Zetsu. Also, I just realized that Madara is kind of pathetic. He grew a "best-friend tree."

Selias said:
Yeah, they both graduated in a year. Also, Itachi graduated at 7, while Kakashi was 5. Still, Kakashi was entered into the academy at 4, which is really close to 3. Still, it is incredibly uncommon for that to happen, and I'm pretty sure that it only happens when there's a war, or one is coming.
Probably also had something to do with Kakashi having to make up for the disgrace of his father's suicide.

Aside from that, Kakashi's Academy days are at least somewhat part of the inconsistencies in the time-line.
The flashbacks showed him and Obito to be in the same graduation year, in spite of the fact that Obito only finished at age 9 and Kakashi certainly didn't look like a 5-year-old.
Things get even weirder when you consider that this means Kakashi was only 9 during the events of Kakashi Gaiden and his Jounin promotion.
Given all of the issues this creates, it's rather senible to just handwave the details and invent your own explanations to allow things to make sense.

Selias said:
Graduated at 7? And then he was an ANBU captain by the time he was 11?

I guess he did catch the tail end of the war, but that kind of upward momentum is ridiculous.

Well, nevermind. I always knew if you stare too hard at the Naruto timeline you'll inevitably see the cracks.

Guile said:
Graduated at 7? And then he was an ANBU captain by the time he was 11?

I guess he did catch the tail end of the war, but that kind of upward momentum is ridiculous.

Well, nevermind. I always knew if you stare too hard at the Naruto timeline you'll inevitably see the cracks.
According to the wiki Itachi became Genin at 7, Chunin at 10, joined ANBU half a year later and became ANBU captain at 13.
At that point no more dates are mentioned, but I'd guess he was ~15 when the Uchiha Massacre happened.

Dumbly, the boy nods.

"Oh, how nice," Sakura's mother says. "When is she starting at the Academy?"

She directs the question at Tenzo, but it takes him a moment to realize this. "What? Oh! Ah, Naruto-chan will be joining the Academy at the discretion of her mother Kushina-sama."

"See, Sakura?" the woman says, smiling. "Everyone has to wait until their mommies think they're ready."

Sakura pouts, and looks down at the ground. Unfortunately, this makes her wreath fall off, but you manage to catch it before she can so much as sigh.

Her big green eyes blink at you as though she expects you to say something. You just smile.

"Can I play in your fort?" she asks finally.

"-'please?'" her mother amends.

"Please~?" Sakura repeats.

You're about to tell her 'of course', when Tenzo finally gets a proper hold on himself. "Naruto-chan, we really should be getting back," he says, somewhere halfway between excitement and panic. "I have to discuss something with your mother."

"Very well, sensei," you say, slightly disappointed. To Sakura you say, "The fort and the apple tree should last, but the flowers probably won't, so enjoy them."

"Okay! Bye-bye Naru-chan!"

=

Mother's eyes bug.

"Okay. Well, first thing's first, aside from the Hokage, you aren't sharing that theory with anyone outside this room. Naruto has enough pressure on her already without some opportunistic asshole proclaiming her Rikudo Sennin reborn, ya got that?"

"Yes, ma'am," Tenzo says fervently.

"Naruto, forget you heard him say anything."

"Already forgotten, Mother."

You get the distinct impression that fate is laughing at you. Your greatest desire is to be left alone to get on with your life, and it tosses you into a world whose Buddha-figure's abilities apparently match yours.

Adjusting the timer on the privacy seal on the door - a nervous habit of hers - Mother continues: "Secondly, is there any reason to expect she can't still learn Mokuton techniques? I know bloodlines don't usually work like that, but this isn't a normal kekkei genkai we're talking about here."

Tenzo sighs. "I can't say for sure, Kushina-sama. There's no denying that Yang Release is a parent to the Mokuton the same way it is to every form of elemental ninjutsu, but aside from the Sage himself, there haven't been any pure Yang users in recorded history, to my knowledge. Naruto-chan might be able to replicate the Shodai's jutsu, or she may be limited to her own custom techniques." He looks a little disturbed. "Though should that be the case, 'limited' is probably the wrong word."

"Don't you have a D-rank supplementary jutsu?" Mother asks. "Something that'll let her sprout a sapling or something, if she's capable?"

"Naruto-chan," Tenzo says, "can you put your hands into these two seals and push your energy out?"

Mother snickers for a moment at his unfortunate choice of phrasing, but quickly gets over it and leans forward eagerly.

He runs through the two handseals at a snail's pace, making sure you see and copy each one, obviously not channelling any of his own chakra; smart of him, to avoid you mimicking the results without mimicking the method.

[X] Channel your youki without altering it internally; attempt to use the handseals for their intended purpose, moulding life energy.

[X] Alter your youki as you normally would before expelling it; 'wake up' the floorboards beneath the tatami.

[X] Alter your youki as you normally would before expelling it; 'wake up' the floorboards beneath the tatami.

I'm curious; really curious.

But I feel Kurama would advise caution, here, and for me to curb my SB tendencies.

[X] Channel your youki without altering it internally; attempt to use the handseals for their intended purpose, moulding life energy.

Want to see if we can use handseals to mold chakra.

[X] Channel your youki without altering it internally; attempt to use the handseals for their intended purpose, moulding life energy

I want to be mostly honest with our new mother. She does love us after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back