• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

The SFW image thread

Y5tTE6e.jpg

Didn't you post it here already..?

...yes, yes you did.
Yes I did, three times actually. I really like thata picture, so I don't want people to forget it exists.

It brings me joy, a light to my life, so I want to share it with everyone so that they too have a reason to smile every day.

Cu5gvXm.gif

6af.gif

uHvYnHj.jpg

This concept vehicle is Pontiac's next effort at building their own version of the El Camino, created by fitting the front clip and interior of the all-new 1978 Grand Am onto an El Camino of the same year. It was intended as a proposal to make the GMC Caballero's appearance distinct and more up-market than the El Camino. Like it's predecessors, it was not approved for production, and ended up being used as a utility vehicle by Pontiac's engineering shops, being refreshed with some trim pieces from a 1980 Grand Am in a collision repair, before being retired and restored for GM's Heritage Collection, where it remained until being sold at auction along with many other vehicles from the company museum in 2009, as a consequence of GM's bankruptcy

tumblr_mpcf81NNjN1qhcnj6o1_500.jpg

RMS Carpathia, of the Cunard Line, best known as the ship which rescued Titanic's survivors, at Halifax, Nova Scotia, during 1912.

During the night of April 14-15, 1912, Carpathia's radio operator picked up Titanic's distress call. In response, Carpathia's captain drove his ship as fast as she could go through an ice field toward Titanic's position. However, despite being the closest ship to respond to the distress call, Carpathia was too far away to reach Titanic before she sank, and was only able to save the 705 people who escaped in Titanic's lifeboats. Carpathia's crew were lauded among the heroes of the disaster for their efforts, and received a number of awards from both the US and British governments.

Built in 1903, Carpathia was primarily used for trips between several Mediterranean ports and New York. During World War 1, she was used for a number of passenger voyages between Britain and the United States, as well as being occasionally used to transport American and Canadian troops to France. On July 17, 1918, while sailing as part of a convoy headed to Boston from Liverpool, Carpathia was torpedoed and sunk by the German submarine U-55 south of Ireland, with the loss of 5 members of her crew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back