• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Theo Anders and the Black Exaltation[Worm/Exalted][Hiatus]

Guys.... Are we seriously wanting to drive wedges in the power structure that we are going to inherit? Especially given that the old man isn't being a jerk ass to us?
Kaiser's only being nice to Theo now because he has value and overwhelming power. If he had honestly gave a damned before the Exaltation and tried not to be a asshole maybe there could be some forgiveness, it's too late to apologize.

Guys.... Are we seriously wanting to drive wedges in the power structure that we are going to inherit? Especially given that the old man isn't being a jerk ass to us?
Dad's not a bad guy... except for being actively evil most of the time... okay, he's a bad guy.

But we're not planning to kill him for being a bad guy.

We're planning to kill him because:
- He murdered us, personally.
- He's standing in the way of our taking over his organization.

Kaiser's only being nice to Theo now because he has value and overwhelming power. If he had honestly gave a damned before the Exaltation and tried not to be a asshole maybe there could be some forgiveness, it's too late to apologize.
Dad's not a bad guy... except for being actively evil most of the time... okay, he's a bad guy.

But we're not planning to kill him for being a bad guy.

We're planning to kill him because:
- He murdered us, personally.
- He's standing in the way of our taking over his organization.
Right, but while we're waiting for his unforeseen yet inevitable tragic demise, let's not needlessly break our inheritance. It's fragile enough as it is, even before we use the twisted essence of undying titans to horrifyingly warp the definition of Aryan beyond all reason and sanity.

[X] Write-in lines: goal is to express surprise at Brad's situation (stuck driving me around) with the implication that Brad deserves better, which will start driving a wedge between Brad and Dad, and also fish for information about Brad's character.
- [X] "Kinda surprised to have you as my bodyguard. I didn't know dad used you as a driver. It's a clever cover, I guess."

[X] Speak first, casually. Prompting him to begin this shop-talk.

We don't want to be passive in these matters, but we're also not in a place where it's in our best interest to be prideful or antagonistic. So we should initiate the conversation, but be friendly about it.

-[X] "I know that we have never gotten along before, but since we are going to be brothers soon, we should wipe the slate clean and start over now."

-[X] "I know that we have never gotten along before, but since we are going to be brothers soon, we should wipe the slate clean and start over now."

Interesting choice of direction.

My memory is failing me -- was there some indication that Theo and Brad didn't get along?

Interesting choice of direction.

My memory is failing me -- was there some indication that Theo and Brad didn't get along?
It might have something to do with the assumption that he considers Theo weak. That's not exactly an unreasonable assumption, but I don't see how it leads to actual hostility between the two.

It might have something to do with the assumption that he considers Theo weak. That's not exactly an unreasonable assumption, but I don't see how it leads to actual hostility between the two.
Okay, cool, that does match my recollection.

So maybe a better nuance would be something like...

"I know that we have never (worked together), but since I'm going to be (joining in) soon, maybe we should (sing kumbaya around a campfire)."

... except without that silly last bit.

"I know that we have never (worked together), but since I'm going to be (joining in) soon, maybe we should (sing kumbaya around a campfire)."
Trust me when i say this, i nearly choose posted this.......

"I know that we have never gotten along before, but since we are going to be brothers soon, we should just bury the hatchet."

Those poor choice of words would have come to bite Theo in the ass....

Current Tally! Vote will officially close in the morning. Or approx 7-8 hours from this post being posted. There is a tie, and they are dissimilar. If that makes it through to vote closing I will roll/flip for the winner.

Vote Tally : Theo Anders and the Black Exaltation[Worm/Exalted] | Page 70 | Questionable Questing
##### NetTally 1.1.9
No. of Votes: 8
Drak4806
EVA-Saiyajin
evildice
Fishyface
Liam-don
prandom
Scottsman
unsafejakal

[X] Plan Bii
No. of Votes: 8
Biigoh
Anasurimbor
Budda002
fitzgerald
Happerry
hunter09
tertius
Unelemental

[X] Write-in lines: goal is to express surprise at Brad's situation (stuck driving me around) with the implication that Brad deserves better, which will start driving a wedge between Brad and Dad, and also fish for information about Brad's character.
- [X] "Kinda surprised to have you as my bodyguard. I didn't know dad used you as a driver. It's a clever cover, I guess."
No. of Votes: 2
evildice
theonebutcher

No. of Votes: 2
Snake/Eater
1986ctcel

[X] Write In
-[X] See Stunt. Use 2 personal motes for 2nd Excellency to project presence if/when he says something.
No. of Votes: 1
Biigoh

[X] Bank
Biigoh

[X] Stunt!
Biigoh

Total No. of Voters: 19

Well, that was certainly a tie breaker. Plan Bii wins by one vote(9).

We are going to fill the car with silence while you project being silent because you... are going to stare out the window in a very not nervous way. Since you don't answer to Hookwolf. And when he does speak, you will be conveying how much of a prince you are, so he knows that you really don't answer to him, but as any wise prince would, you will listen this time.

Early morning! Brain is not firing on all cylinders! I fully expect a tanuki impact to happen and my inbox to get a message or to get a post here that explains what the Tanuki meant in their stunt/sub-vote/write-in better.

But wouldn't you be pouty if you were denied that chance to get jiggy with it at the age of 15? Getting c-blocked sucks in a not good way.

Also, you're probably right. That'd be really weird for Brad. But not for Cricket.

Speaking of Cricket, she has the throat cancer hole (tracheostomy hole) and the mechanical voice box thing right? And did we ever learn her name? Or am I gonna hafta pull another one outta my butt?

Back to Bii's thing. I -think- it's really more of a wait patiently because speaking first could be a sign of being nervous (it's also a cop tactic they use to get you to talk) and basically force Brad to speak first. And then when the shop-talk happens, you listen because that wise, but convey through presence that you are listening because you are (a) wise (prince), not because you answer to Hooky.

Speaking of Cricket, she has the throat cancer hole (tracheostomy hole) and the mechanical voice box thing right? And did we ever learn her name? Or am I gonna hafta pull another one outta my butt?
I recall her name being Melody or some variant of that, but I'm not exactly sure. That said, her mechanical voice box thing is from an old wound and she's too proud to have it healed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back