• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Those who Dance in Shadows [Amber Quest/DCAU]

Re: Those who Dance in Shadows [Amber Quest]

Gideon020 said:
Strength- 25
Endurance- 30
Psyche- 20
Warfare- 22

Powers:
Pattern- Initiate Level
Trumps- Initiate Level
Tragoliths - Initiate Level: 5 Points

Skill:
Investigation - Moderate Training: 5 Points
Melee Combat - Extensive Training: 8 Points
Driving - Moderate Training: 5 Points
Computers - Moderate Training: 5 Points
Throwing - Extensive Training: 8 Points
Interrogation - Basic Training: 3 Points

Items:
Fine Amber Item - Collapsible Staff: 1 Point
Created Items: 2 Points
Private Shadow: 1 Point.

Need to describe the item you wish to create.

Gideon020 said:
Not sure if I did that right.

not exactly.

Most of those can be considered regular items.

You need magic power in order for the spell-like power.

An example using something you wanted is a Motor Cycle, that allows you to travel shadows and has 5 alterations on it. Basically 50+100+(10x5)= 200cp =2 pts.

Basically your items are a gift from your older half-brother.

A few questions:
1) The stats: Can we have a few benchmarks? How strong is someone with a strength 25? The character is an amberite, so theoretically he should be freakishly strong compared to a normal person whatever the value. Or is this a bidding war, like in Amber diceless?

2) The skills: To what extent are they based on the attributes? Can we look for clues or patch someone up using Psyche, with specific skills only adding to our score?

I'll have to look up item creation...

Honestly, I'm kinda tempted to vote for Gideon's character, just out of laziness. I would, except he's shorting Tim Drake on Psyche and Warfare, which should be his strongest suits.

Disminded said:
A few questions:
1) The stats: Can we have a few benchmarks? How strong is someone with a strength 25? The character is an amberite, so theoretically he should be freakishly strong compared to a normal person whatever the value. Or is this a bidding war, like in Amber diceless?

2) The skills: To what extent are they based on the attributes? Can we look for clues or patch someone up using Psyche, with specific skills only adding to our score?

I'll have to look up item creation...

Honestly, I'm kinda tempted to vote for Gideon's character, just out of laziness. I would, except he's shorting Tim Drake on Psyche and Warfare, which should be his strongest suits.

Here is the scale.

Human (-10) - Regular humans, below average chaosian
Chaos (0) - Apex humans, average Chaosian, below average amberites
Amber (10) - Apex Chaosian and average Amberite
Ranked (11 or more points)- Royal Amberite and Noble Denizens

Skills allow you to make things easier with attributes. For example, Melee Combat would allows us to better survive a superior opponent in Warfare or decisively take out a inferior one.

[X] Plan Disminded

Attributes
Strength 15
Endurance 15
Psyche 32
Warfare 30

Reasoning: Tim Drake's greatest strength has always been his mind. In Amber Diceless, this translates into a high Psyche and Warfare. Psyche governs Pattern use, while Warfare governs things like strategy, tactics, dirty tricks, leadership and awareness, as well as straight up personal combat. Both are essential. Keep in mind that Amberites are, physically, on a whole 'nother level from regular humans. Even with a Strength and Endurance of 15, we can still probably rip someone's arm off with our bare hands and fight for 24 hours straight.

I'm less sure about everything else.

Items (I'm not sure I did this correctly)
Leather Armor (2 pts) – This simple but exquisitely crafted armor is made from the hide of some hellish from an equallyt hellish far-flung shadow. It's proof against many weapons, including slashing and piercing weapons, firearms, explosions and fire. It's dyed black and red, what Merlin has decided are Tim's personal colors.
Shadow Cloak (2 pts) – This simple, hooded black cloak was given to Tim alongside the armor. The cloak subtly manipulates shadows to better hide the user, rendering him nearly invisible in many circumstances. A secondary application of this ability helps to hide the users identity as a permanent, impenetrable shroud of shadow conceals the users face while the hood is pulled up.

Skills (20 pts)

Investigation – Mastery (10 pts)
Melee Combat – Mastery (10 pts)

Reasoning: Eh. Investigating is kinda Tim's thing. And awesome sword fights are kinda of an Amber tradition. I'd rather have a significant bonus in a couple of categories rather than moderate bonuses in a number of categories.

Special Abilities (20)
Magic (10 pts)
Spikard (10 pts)

Magic is weaker than pattern working. However, it's also fairly flexible in combination with a Spikard, which helps you throw together spells at short notice, and it works in places that Pattern shifting wouldn't. Thinks of it as a utility belt.

Did I do that right?

Disminded said:
[X] Plan Disminded

Attributes
Strength 15
Endurance 15
Psyche 32
Warfare 30

Reasoning: Tim Drake's greatest strength has always been his mind. In Amber Diceless, this translates into a high Psyche and Warfare. Psyche governs Pattern use, while Warfare governs things like strategy, tactics, dirty tricks, leadership and awareness, as well as straight up personal combat. Both are essential. Keep in mind that Amberites are, physically, on a whole 'nother level from regular humans. Even with a Strength and Endurance of 15, we can still probably rip someone's arm off with our bare hands and fight for 24 hours straight.

I'm less sure about everything else.

Items (I'm not sure I did this correctly)
Leather Armor (2 pts) – This simple but exquisitely crafted armor is made from the hide of some hellish from an equallyt hellish far-flung shadow. It's proof against many weapons, including slashing and piercing weapons, firearms, explosions and fire. It's dyed black and red, what Corwin has decided are Tim's personal colors.
Shadow Cloak (2 pts) – This simple, hooded black cloak was given to Tim alongside the armor. The cloak subtly manipulates shadows to better hide the user, rendering him nearly invisible in many circumstances. A secondary application of this ability helps to hide the users identity as a permanent, impenetrable shroud of shadow conceals the users face while the hood is pulled up.

Skills (20 pts)

Investigation – Mastery (10 pts)
Melee Combat – Mastery (10 pts)

Reasoning: Eh. Investigating is kinda Tim's thing. And awesome sword fights are kinda of an Amber tradition. I'd rather have a significant bonus in a couple of categories rather than moderate bonuses in a number of categories.

Special Abilities (20)
Magic (10 pts)
Spikard (10 pts)

Magic is weaker than pattern working. However, it's also fairly flexible in combination with a Spikard, which helps you throw together spells at short notice, and it works in places that Pattern shifting wouldn't. Thinks of it as a utility belt.

Did I do that right?

everything looks alright, save for the fact that in Corwin in this version is The Traveler so he doesn't know YET that Tim is his son. Merlin, his half brother found and took care of him.

MerelysSoul said:
everything looks alright, save for the fact that in Corwin in this version is The Traveler so he doesn't know YET that Tim is his son. Merlin, his half brother found and took care of him.

No biggie. I think I only mentioned Corwin once. As a bonus, learning magic from Merlin makes more sense than learning it from Corwin, who didn't really rely on it much in his series.

Corrected.

Disminded said:
No biggie. I think I only mentioned Corwin once. As a bonus, learning magic from Merlin makes more sense than learning it from Corwin, who didn't really rely on it much in his series.

Corrected.

Yeah, Tim will meet his father later on but right now is an unknown Amberite. Only a few know he exists as Corwin's son.

True, Corwin rarely used magic in his set and his son Merlin was scary with it. But then again, you do have to realize that Corwin back did have magic since he was known as a sorcerer before his memory loss.

Current Votes
[] Plan Gideon020
[] Plan Disminded

MerelysSoul said:
Yeah, Tim will meet his father later on but right now is an unknown Amberite. Only a few know he exists as Corwin's son.

True, Corwin rarely used magic in his set and his son Merlin was scary with it. But then again, you do have to realize that Corwin back did have magic since he was known as a sorcerer before his memory loss.

Current Votes
[] Plan Gideon020
[] Plan Disminded

Yep, sorcerer king of Avalon and all that.

*Totally not a bump looking for a tiebreaking vote so we can get this show on the road*

MerelysSoul said:
[X] Plan Disminded up by one vote. I will call it tomorrow.

Called Plan Disminded wins.

Post first update later today or tomorrow.

Will post Char sheet in Opening.

For those wondering, I had stuff to do in RL that was important. Will post the update tomorrow since I still got some stuff to finish up in RL.

Sorry if I worried anyone, This will be done.

An alarm was blaring out as one of the many jewelry shops was hit once again by criminals, just a regular nighttime event in this city. This time it was one of the local gangs that infested the area, they were Bane's boys. Ten of them, all armed with automatic rifles and guns. Unaware that they have attracted unwanted attention above them, a cloaked figure hidden in the shadows.

What does Bane want with Jewelry? Something is not right here, you usually don't send this many people just for a smash and grab.

"Get the rings then everything else." One of them called out to the others.

Another broke the safe and reveled five rings made of what looked like obsidian. The others were busy taking everything else, typical greedy criminal.

Well time to shut down this operation down and take those rings back to the cave.

The Figure dropped down from the shadows, that figure was me as I heard the usual "It's Robin, Batman's little side kick." Sidekick? I was going to let them off easy but now they get it. I wasn't just a sidekick.

Taking a quick note of my surroundings, I noticed I had four to the left and the rest on the right, but the right had more cover then the left. Center had no cover but also no thugs, that would give me a bit of extra time while getting to the other side which had best cover. I had my standard kit which consisted of a Utility Belt, Explosive Pellets, Birdarangs, Rebreather, a Holographic computer, a Collapsible electrified staff, my Cloak and Body Armor, my Spikard and my Trumps. Yup, this was going to be fun and somewhat easy.

[]Left
[]Right
[]Center
-[]Write in

[X]Left

How good are we with the mojo? Can we conjure up a mist to give us cover while we charge? Or do something similiar with Pattern control?

Disminded said:
[X]Left

How good are we with the mojo? Can we conjure up a mist to give us cover while we charge? Or do something similar with Pattern control?

We got basic-level stuff across the board. With Magic it is possible.

VOTE CHANGE
[X] Left
- [X] But conjure up some mist to serve as cover before you charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back