• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Fellgar said:
Oh yeah~! I've personally been drooling over the clinch focused charms in fist of the daystar since I found out about them the first time I read the list. Perfect escape from a clinch? Able to pull of a clinch one handed no matter the size of the enemy? Able to act freely if you control the clinch? It costs 40 experience to get all 4 charms but they are so worth it.

The only thing I've been drooling about as much is the solar counterattack charms. So freaking broken.

8xp each charm, Fist of the Daystar counts as Favoured for Solars even if they don't have Martial Arts Favoured ^^ isn't it nice, so 32xp

And well, like I said, I'm all for getting DCT with our last Debt buy if everyone else wants to, I mean, those 2 Auto-Successes would be really sweet right now, and we are in a Clinch so it would be thematic to pull it out of our ass at this moment

And yeah, the Clinch Charms are super nice, hell ALL of Fist of the Daystar is damn epic, as befiting the Solars Native Martial Art style

Last edited by a moderator:
EternitynChaos said:
err Silversun17 why the heck are you using Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgment of all things, when all it does is, as far as attacks go, is make it holy, which Orichalcum Fists of Battle does better, without costing motes on top of that.

Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgment
Cost: 2m
Mins: Presence 1, Essence 3
Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Combo-OK, Holy, Obvious, Social
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: Any Presence Excellency
The Solar ignites her spirit with the Essence of the Unconquered Sun. This Charm can enhance a physical attack. This Charm makes the attack Holy and causes the attack to inflict aggravated damage against creatures of darkness. This Charm can also enhance social attacks that create guilt, shame or fear, or where the Exalt uses a stunt to draw on these emotions. It makes the attack Holy. This Charm makes creatures of darkness treat the social attack as unnatural mental influence that costs one Willpower to resist. This Charm also halves the creature's base MDVs against the attack. This Charm is specifically permitted to enhance rolls based on other Abilities.

Orichalcum Fists of Battle
Cost: -; Mins: Martial Arts 5, Essence 3; Type: Permanent
Keywords: Obvious, Holy
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisites: Fists of Iron Technique

The heroes of the dawn are first and foremost matchless weapons, forged to slay the errant makers of the world. This Charm enhances Fists of Iron Technique. While Fists of Iron Technique is active, the Solar may choose to activate this Charm's effects on any given attack during Step 1 of attack resolution or during the resolution of clinch crushing damage as an Innate Ability. As an Obvious effect, add the Solar's highest Virtue to her punch, kick and clinch weapons' Accuracy and Damage. As a Holy, Obvious effect, attacks made by those weapons inflict aggravated damage to creatures of darkness. Blows thus enhanced always produce an Essence display, which must thematically resonate with the Solar's iconic anima banner.

I was talking economics and how it relates to BB/pellet gun ammo quality with my uncle when i was typing the stunt. I screwed up because of that distraction.

EternitynChaos said:
8xp each charm, Fist of the Daystar counts as Favoured for Solars even if they don't have Martial Arts Favoured ^^ isn't it nice, so 32xp

And well, like I said, I'm all for getting DCT with our last Debt buy if everyone else wants to, I mean, those 2 Auto-Successes would be really sweet right now, and we are in a Clinch so it would be thematic to pull it out of our ass at this moment

And yeah, the Clinch Charms are super nice, hell ALL of Fist of the Daystar is damn epic, as befiting the Solars Native Martial Art style

I'll support it.

The reason I like it so much is it will then be "complete" so to speak. We will have an easy time initiating clinches, escaping clinches, controlling clinches, and dealing damage while in clinches. With our ranged version of a clinch on top of that then we simply have something that is unlikely to be matched. Its a specialty we can fall back onto in a fight. And ironically with a stunt we could hold 4 people in a clinch at once. 2 with our hands and 2 more from our force projections. The only weakness it might have at that point is a lack of thrown proficiency and thrown charms that we could use though that in itself is not so bad.

So, Debt buy Dragon Coil Technique with our last Debt slot, use it, hopefully gain control of the clinch then turn it around, so its helpless while the masters pound the ever loving fuck out of it while it can't defend? that sound like a good plan to everyone else

EternitynChaos said:
So, Debt buy Dragon Coil Technique with our last Debt slot, use it, hopefully gain control of the clinch then turn it around, so its helpless while the masters pound the ever loving fuck out of it while it can't defend? that sound like a good plan to everyone else
Personally I find the idea of holding a tentacle monster down as deliciously ironic. All those vines and we can gain control of the clinch then let the others beat down on it. O:)

Fellgar said:
Personally I find the idea of holding a tentacle monster down as deliciously ironic. All those vines and we can gain control of the clinch then let the others beat down on it. O:)
Calling it now, our stunt is going to involve tying all his tentacles into a knot.

Smuthunter said:
Calling it now, our stunt is going to involve tying all his tentacles into a knot.

How else would you bind a dozen limbs at the same time?

We can't exactly armbar that shit, you know.

I guess we could braid them together then Pin the braid?

Here is a vote, someone else can do the stunt ^^;

[X] Debt buy Dragon Coil Technique (8xp)
-[X] Gain Control of the Clinch, then turn it around and Pin that Sumbitch and show it Why you don't try and wrestle one of the Chosen of the Sun, and bonus, while your doing that it leaves the nasty thing wide open for the Masters to Really ruin its day.
--[X] use Dex + Martial Arts + (Fist of Iron + OfoB + Channel Valor + Maxed 1st Martial Arts Excellency + Dragon Coil Technique) 16 successes rolled + 2 auto-successes

-[X] Gain Control of the Clinch, then turn it around and Pin that Sumbitch and show it Why you don't try and wrestle one of the Chosen of the Sun, and bonus, while your doing that it leaves the nasty thing wide open for the Masters to Really ruin its day.
--[X] use Dex + Martial Arts + (Fist of Iron + OfoB + Channel Valor + Maxed 1st Martial Arts Excellency + Dragon Coil Technique) 16 successes rolled + 2 auto-successes

awesome!

Let's fuck him up.

X] Debt buy Dragon Coil Technique (8xp)

Sakaki and Akisame are about give this fucker the works.

Wait we only need one hand to maintain the clinch and we can fight and defend normally? Grin this this pleases me,

Gasp! Just-finished-archive-binge!

<Collapses>

Silence.

<Slowly manages to get arms and legs underneath himself...manages to stand>

"No! I can sleep later! Must! Vote!"

What...what happened? New thread....what did I miss???

codeRR said:
What...what happened? New thread....what did I miss???

Depends on where you left. Right now we're fighting a tentacle monster with the help of Akisame and Sakaki after rescuing Honoka from Ragnarok and we don't have boosted gear, Dragon Knacks, Driag ir Bright's advice because Bright -sensei accidentally fucked up with a craft roll or something. We're also currently in a clinch after attacking the monster while the masters saved the others who got captured by the beast. We're currently voting on a plan to get out of the clinch and put one on the monster to leave it vulnerable while The masters kick it's defenseless ass.

Diller said:
Depends on where you left. Right now we're fighting a tentacle monster with the help of Akisame and Sakaki after rescuing Honoka from Ragnarok and we don't have boosted gear, Dragon Knacks, Driag ir Bright's advice because Bright -sensei accidentally fucked up with a craft roll or something. We're also currently in a clinch after attacking the monster while the masters saved the others who got captured by the beast. We're currently voting on a plan to get out of the clinch and put one on the monster to leave it vulnerable while The masters kick it's defenseless ass.

....in the words of my friend

"Bitch!"

But more seriously....I blame bright for this....you don't fuck with your weapon in the middle of a fight like that....

Wow this is actually going to be a tough fight....I'm excited :)

Wait I thought ones equaled minus success so wouldn't the first roll even with that 10 only be six sucsees not eight.

Coker said:
Wait I thought ones equaled minus success so wouldn't the first roll even with that 10 only be six sucsees not eight.
No, a one on a roll indicates a botch which is a critical failure, but only if you also don't roll any successes.

Well it looks like Dragoncoil is going to win.

Hmm. since we just got (I assume it won the vote) a grapple based charm, we should practice grappling later. Shirtlelsly

Preferably with Yang...

You know, for reasons.

iamnuff said:

Well it looks like Dragoncoil is going to win.

Hmm. since we just got (I assume it won the vote) a grapple based charm, we should practice grappling later. Shirtlelsly

Preferably with Yang...

You know, for reasons.
considering how Yang likes it she's going to enjoy the training.

A bit leery of another debit buy on this but it is a charm we should get one way or another ???

First, Bakemono, Sit and spin. cause you just got dun rekt'd.

Second, mhhhhmmmm Shirtless grappling with Yang. I bet Mil-tan will want to get in on that~

Oh god, grapple rules :'(
I kid, but only partly.

General Exalted question here: If we have control of a cinch or a hold, could we transition into a throw? Because ever since my first introduction to Exalted, Heaven Thunder Hammer has been calling me. >:D

Pseudo-EDIT: Mid Preview I found the charm listing, Crashing Wave Throw (MA 5, Essence 3) lets you end a cinch and start a throw. But we've got enough debt-purchases to deal with now. Maybe we can work on throws later, in the aforementioned shirtless sessions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back