• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Chaose Brigade is all the other factions. The Hero Faction are the ones who want humans and they are pretty one Dimensional as far as their dealings go so...yeah don't expect much out of them other than.
A Try to recruit...
B when recruiting fails, ATTACK!
C...there is no C.

He's becomes such a badass boss that all the other girls flock to him instead of Kenichi.
But he doesn't care about anything other than fighting so they annoy him.

I don't think that will happen if anything knowing issei might cause kenichi's popularity to rise much to his horror as dragons aura affects all gender and species XD

Also yeah Hero faction is gonna want us bad, Vali is probably on the metaphorical edge of his seat waiting to fight issei.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I remember a comment that the Hero faction might mistake Issei for a hero descendent, Karna.

I really would like for it to happen.

We haven't interacted with Kenichi and I hope to keep it that way...So Dragon's aura won't really bother him....if anything he'll be pleased because Bezeker is going to be getting rid of a few roadblocks.....
Though Ma's Daughter in that Cheongsam....mmm

Alexander said:
Galeiam said:
He's becomes such a badass boss that all the other girls flock to him instead of Kenichi.
But he doesn't care about anything other than fighting so they annoy him.

This. Kenichi's semi-harem flocked to him partly due to his strength. Something Shougo has in spades, meaning when Yami and YomI comes around they'd flock to him instead, only exceptions are Mui and Rena (maybe).

Finally finished reading my way through this - and the notion of Issei the Exalted-flavored Dragon amassing his own empire and power via the collection of a harem is amusing, to be sure.

Given this is a multi-cross, I have to say that the entire Ma family in general and Ma Renka in specific are all highly likely to be relevant to Issei given their respective circumstance.

On one hand, you have the leader of a massive borderline supernatural in some regards chinese martial art's alliance... on the lamb. His daughter and theoretical heir apparant is burdened with neglecting the alliance and it's students to track down a wayward father. The alliance has to be suffering with a long-missing master and now the heir as well - a stituation in dire need of rectification.

On the other hand you have a heavily supernaturally connected individual and ready access to travel means that would let Renka bug her father to return from Japan AND still attend to China and the alliance therein. Someone interested in the process of training people in martial methods as well as being versed in esoteric arts, and representative of a wealth of supernatural martial knowledge that could revolutionize many of the higher arts the alliance holds - and through that increase the safety it can offer it's members from the supernatural. Someone interested in solving problems, able to identify them and sporting all the dreaminess of appearance and raw physical might that Renka could be looking for.

Especially given her utterly.... disappointing, in the context of her stated background, showing in canon where she simply lurked about a diner and eventually frillified her dress, I'd quite like to see her given a chance to do something impressive than that. Making her able to step up to the plate for an absentee father/leader, bring in technique knowledge worth it's weight in gold AND putting a brand new magically relevant faction under Issei's - and through him Rias' - patronage would certainly do the deed.

...All that said I still wouldn't be advocating this - I like to appreciate the conservation of main character rules so screentime doesn't get diluted. That said this is a multicross - and 'China' inevitably ends up holding an absolute wealth of absurd martial arts, mystical methods and exotic practices in scores of popular media. So I advocate looking at Renka not just for her neglect in HSDK-canon and generally amusing character type, but because she represents a currently accessible means of 'trawling' the whole of china for anything fun. By sheer dint of numbers of both individual members and member groups ON TOP of the propensity for supernatural stuff to magnetize to dragons (like the one I'm proposing associating with the Chinese Martial Arts Alliance), it'd be fair to assume that this could be our longterm source for all sorts of [China] themed supernatural things. That's an immense pool - and it comes at the measely cost of one harem member.

This would of course massively increase the amount of cheongsam wear in Issei's vicinity, so there's that too.

Oh hey Bob nice to have you here...your world building skills will be useful.
We have been trying to curtail the Multi-cross aspects...but sex sells...

Yes - I'm well aware of the slippery slope that represents in distractions, but then I remember how many things that could be used to directly, positively/narratively-interestingly to the DxD core crew's benefit, in that grab-box called [Storyrealm China].

Like say:
The default access to [The collective martial knowledge of China] up to and including HSDK Ki shenanigans.
Thousands of years of records on any conceivable secret topic as appropriate to pander to inscrutable mystique.
Pools that induce conditional but otherwise wholly real and premanent transformations including gender reversal.
Enough isolated preindustrial villages to host overtly inhuman members without global issue, with care.
Tribal practitioners of martial arts that are blatantly magical and possess a wealth of potent moves.
Multiple iterations of the above in multiple media types, with moves ranging from all-support-useful to god-slaying.
ALWAYS has some super-suit in any setting that has mechs/powerarmors on a national level.
A loner pheonix that would no doubt be of immense relevance to the Phenix Devil Family.
China's divine community and the international divine community relations Issei could bring about.

Plus Ma Kensei's already got reason to be impressed with us.

There are so many things there that could be fun, that surely at least one or two would be fun to the questrunner, and thus make for a good and enjoyable arc.

And again, Ma Renka's on my personal list of [Interesting Character Concepts Neglected In Canon] that I want to see given a chance to shine so there's a whole bunch of cathartic goodness to the route I propose.

I find Renka interesting simply because when I first saw her i was a 13 year old boy going through puberty...and that Cheongsam....mmm

But I really just don't want to break into any more arcs...it already feels like we're in a tournament loop with all the constant intterupts and For once I want to see a DxD story actually make it pass the Excalibur arc without turning into a stupid Harem collector.

Sure the Ma's have an extremely large network but dealing with Yami is just going to be such a hassle that we've already set in motion that we have to deal with them.

The problem with mass multicrosses is that there's just too many antagonists to keep track of without it getting exhausting.

You're acting like Ma Renka would entail a seperate arc, and that such a thing has to happen now and not say after the welcome goalline of the Excalibur arc - this is not the case.

Unless I'm missing where we are in the HSDK timeline, Issei can run into her and get the 'Chinese Alliance' ball rolling as a background thing, much as the Fertility Shrine. That is, Issei does whatever it is that enamors Renka in him, sets up her ready access to Ryozanpaku/back home, and provide her with a 'seed' of supernatural martial arts. As the daughter of the head, she knows the students, who to teach what, and generally is fully capable of managing the Chinese alliance all herself. Then this background stuff 'pays off' when it comes time to conflict with Yami and conclude that particular jobline for the Committee.

Renka's more about expanding assets to deploy on OTHER arcs than about adding new arcs, for all that I feel a new arc centered around her would be great.

Bobs Beard said:
Finally finished reading my way through this - and the notion of Issei the Exalted-flavored Dragon amassing his own empire and power via the collection of a harem is amusing, to be sure.

Given this is a multi-cross, I have to say that the entire Ma family in general and Ma Renka in specific are all highly likely to be relevant to Issei given their respective circumstance.

On one hand, you have the leader of a massive borderline supernatural in some regards chinese martial art's alliance... on the lamb. His daughter and theoretical heir apparant is burdened with neglecting the alliance and it's students to track down a wayward father. The alliance has to be suffering with a long-missing master and now the heir as well - a stituation in dire need of rectification.

On the other hand you have a heavily supernaturally connected individual and ready access to travel means that would let Renka bug her father to return from Japan AND still attend to China and the alliance therein. Someone interested in the process of training people in martial methods as well as being versed in esoteric arts, and representative of a wealth of supernatural martial knowledge that could revolutionize many of the higher arts the alliance holds - and through that increase the safety it can offer it's members from the supernatural. Someone interested in solving problems, able to identify them and sporting all the dreaminess of appearance and raw physical might that Renka could be looking for.

Especially given her utterly.... disappointing, in the context of her stated background, showing in canon where she simply lurked about a diner and eventually frillified her dress, I'd quite like to see her given a chance to do something impressive than that. Making her able to step up to the plate for an absentee father/leader, bring in technique knowledge worth it's weight in gold AND putting a brand new magically relevant faction under Issei's - and through him Rias' - patronage would certainly do the deed.

...All that said I still wouldn't be advocating this - I like to appreciate the conservation of main character rules so screentime doesn't get diluted. That said this is a multicross - and 'China' inevitably ends up holding an absolute wealth of absurd martial arts, mystical methods and exotic practices in scores of popular media. So I advocate looking at Renka not just for her neglect in HSDK-canon and generally amusing character type, but because she represents a currently accessible means of 'trawling' the whole of china for anything fun. By sheer dint of numbers of both individual members and member groups ON TOP of the propensity for supernatural stuff to magnetize to dragons (like the one I'm proposing associating with the Chinese Martial Arts Alliance), it'd be fair to assume that this could be our longterm source for all sorts of [China] themed supernatural things. That's an immense pool - and it comes at the measely cost of one harem member.

This would of course massively increase the amount of cheongsam wear in Issei's vicinity, so there's that too.
I read this and I like it a lot. and I mean A LOT. Great job Bobs.
Galeiam said:
Sure the Ma's have an extremely large network but dealing with Yami is just going to be such a hassle that we've already set in motion that we have to deal with them.
Oh, you have no idea >:D *foreshadow worldbuilding based on multi-cross setting*

Bobs Beard said:
You're acting like Ma Renka would entail a seperate arc, and that such a thing has to happen now and not say after the welcome goalline of the Excalibur arc - this is not the case.

Unless I'm missing where we are in the HSDK timeline, Issei can run into her and get the 'Chinese Alliance' ball rolling as a background thing, much as the Fertility Shrine. That is, Issei does whatever it is that enamors Renka in him, sets up her ready access to Ryozanpaku/back home, and provide her with a 'seed' of supernatural martial arts. As the daughter of the head, she knows the students, who to teach what, and generally is fully capable of managing the Chinese alliance all herself. Then this background stuff 'pays off' when it comes time to conflict with Yami and conclude that particular jobline for the Committee.

Renka's more about expanding assets to deploy on OTHER arcs than about adding new arcs, for all that I feel a new arc centered around her would be great.
Nah..I'm talking about the entire HSDK Universe is going to be a giant event...Yami is building an esper army afterall...

That's a poor way of looking at things in a cross where settings can bleed into eachother as easily as this. That is to say, one could point at ANY of the roped-in settings and say the same thing. 'Big waves in Gensokyo with Suika out and about with her granddaughter', something that could eat up scores of updates if Issei ever ventured to the Touhou areas. 'RWBY's plotlines and how the assorted villains might try to exploit the cross setting's mixed rules', where the RWBY issues could come seeking us out all on their own because we already keep two of the main cast from that at Issei's side. 'The more we don't make ourself uninteresting to Rikuo and his friends the more likely assorted members will seek us out when their area is beset with assorted challenging internal plotlines' - Issei's already here and insisting on helping with the first couple things, so it'd be hardly out of sorts for them to think Issei'd be willing to give more down the line. Everywhere we go and everything Issei does that involves interacting with another setting's 'core' [Is a giant event]. That's.... that's even how this whole quest works, one could say - for all that it's retaining the DxD plotline as a spinal core, even that is getting heavily flavored by whichever crosses we interact with.

...And all this Yami stuff is ALREADY an Arc we have to deal with.

You know, because the Committee sent Issei to Ryozanpaku to discuss their Yami arc, and how Veritas' Reunion has made that arc something bigger.

And Issei works for said Committee, who is heavily unlikely to want to use someone OTHER than the great first impression making liason when doing further Ryozanpaku stuff.

And while there Issei did everything he could to butt his nose into things and make connections with the people who are going to be at the heart of the Yami Arc.

As well as discover a Sacred Gear user, and be directly involved with an attack that was the first supernatural threat for most of the HSDK teen cast.

And Issei sent Shougo/Berserker to the Ryozanpaku dojo to train, meaning one of Issei's subordinates is on sight to be asked to help out when Yami stuff comes to a head.

At this point there's nothing we can do to avoid the fact we'll be tapped for the Yami arc as-is... and DUE TO THAT, Ma Renka only represents, at most, a couple updates investment to get the ball rolling. Thereafter she and all the assets she represents are part and parcel of the updates that already would have been dealing with Yami as a primary focus. In this sense, she doesn't represent a new delay on reaching the Excalibur arc even if the Yami stuff comes to a head before Excalibur stuff.

Sure all of that would be true if not for a few things...

The RWBY group isn't from the RWBY setting so their world's plot isn't really an issue.

I Did already say that we were involved with the Yami issue, I'm just not interested in jumping straight into it....Like I said i really want to actually finish the Excalibur arc.

Touhou is easily handwaved simply because of how Gensokyo exists and the Faction type setting of DxD doesn't really put any strain on the separation.

The Nura stuff is going to be an ongoing thing no matter what simply because of how much we are integrating with them.

You're saying some thing I already know and have taken into account, that doesn't change the fact that It will be exhausting to try and cover all of that at once. Not to mention that Renka hasn't been introduced to Kenichi yet so unless we head to Chinatown for some reason we won't even be meeting her.

You're acting like Ma Renka, who chased rumors of her fathers presence across national borders, continents and the ocean, is for sure stuck in one district and wouldn't ever, for any reason, go look somewhere else in the comparatively tiny nation she's currently in.

Running into Renka doesn't require [Find an excuse to go to China town], it means [Keep being involved in things that Renka might track down in her pursuit until her encounter is procced]. Since we're already doing the latter because Issei is who and what he is, that makes the aforementioned attempts to proc her 'free', since we were going to do them regardless.

Renka's kiiiiiiind of cat-curious, impulsive, independent and prone to roam/chase things and obsessed with things that are as beyond normal as they can get (granted we don't know for sure that'd extend to the blatantly supernatural but it seems a fair assumption): all of that adds together to make her not unlike this Quest's Yuffie.

We don't need to worry about finding her, or honestly even getting her interest - Renka can take care of it all herself.

Not Saying we won't meet her eventually...but it's gonna takes some mighty fine shenanigans to run into her this early as it won't be for a few weeks til she get's to the restaurant, and that's assuming that she hasn't run off tracking him somewhere else due to Yami causing a ruckus.
Point is we won't be meeting her so soon unless it's intentionally. Which as of now we have no reason to even know of her existence.

Issei can't really Operate like Lucci did in your quest as Issei is Naive and has verrrry little worldly knowledge. Where as Lucci had information and sources in order to know things like this.

So having Issei intentionally run into someone like Renka is a bit too meta abusive. If Ma Sensei had started reminiscing about her or something then we might have done something about it.

I continue to hope that the quest I joined because it was a DxD quest continues to focus largely on DxD with cameos rather than spending weeks and months crossing over with the plots of shows I've never seen before. :p

Galeiam said:
Which as of now we have no reason to even know of her existence.
Wrong - we have implicit reason to know of her existence via Ma Kensei, and even if that reason doesn't pan out Ma Renka's keen on introducing herself with her family name, and Issei can recognize that - which would instantly get Renka's attention because Issei recognizes her because of the very person she's looking for. So literally, we just have to meet her to get the ball rolling.
Issei can't really Operate like Lucci did in your quest as Issei is Naive and has verrrry little worldly knowledge. Where as Lucci had information and sources in order to know things like this.
1: Lucci was socially stunted and kidnapped people regardless of how he viewed it - not really equatable to harem pursuits, unless I'm really missing something about this quest here.
2: That's bunk that Issei's naive - he's gotten Exalted boosting to his social fu and he's got connections out the ass to render him informed on stuff. Don't confuse canon Issei with this quest issei - they're quite different animals even if similar at core.
So having Issei intentionally run into someone like Renka is a bit too meta abusive.
If that's true, then wasn't running into Kisara that one time meta abusive? This is a multi-cross quest, named major to semi-major characters are EVERYWHERE.
Smuthunter said:
I continue to hope that the quest I joined because it was a DxD quest
It's not a DxD quest, it's a multi-cross DxD centric quest, which is entirely different.
continues to focus largely on DxD with cameos
It... doesn't really do that. We've had some core DxD arcs sort of happen but the vast majority of the quest has been whole cloth new stuff resultant from the fact this is a multicross.
rather than spending weeks and months crossing over with the plots of shows I've never seen before. :p
And I think that's smallminded, given that a great many of these included cross-settings haven't had ANY quests, while DxD's had plenty. Nurahiyon no Mago, Histories Strongest Disciple - I don't even know WHAT the phallic cannon kunoichi's from and that's the entire point.

That is: why would you go to a multi-cross quest with a mindset that seeks as little of the multi-cross and as much of the core material as possible? It seems like you'd get much more of what you want just reading an uncrossed quest.

Bobs Beard said:
It... doesn't really do that. We've had some core DxD arcs sort of happen but the vast majority of the quest has been whole cloth new stuff resultant from the fact this is a multicross.
It started as "Issei gets an Exaltation." That's what I joined up to see (Not just the quest, I joined QQ because it had a DxD quest on it), not Kenichi or Mago or what-the-fuck-ever. The multicross elements were only small things at first, just Ruby and Yang showing up as characters who fit into the setting rather than dragging the entire plot of RWBY with them, and it should never have progressed beyond that point. The rest of this garbage is unwanted and I'll be voting against getting involved with it for the rest of the quest unless we drag the rest of the cast along with us or something.

And I think that's smallminded, given that a great many of these included cross-settings haven't had ANY quests, while DxD's had plenty.
There aren't any Kenichi quests because nobody wants one badly enough to make it themselves. I have no sympathy.

You are misunderstanding...we don't mind the multicross...we just want the Excalubur arc!!!.
Cannon girl was from Senran Kaguya though.
Also Meeting her out of the blue has nothing to do with going to find her for no reason?

And as for the Lucci Comparison and Issei less than worldly outlook.
Lucci a Trained spy with information on all the worlds major powers. Him wanting to find someone makes sense because he know that they exist.

Issei on the other hand doesn't know of her existence so going to look for her is kinda impossible. Having Social Fu doesn't mean he's not Naive to most of the world, hell this entire arc pretty much focuses on just how little he knows abut the world at large.

Smuthunter said:
It started as "Issei gets an Exaltation." That's what I joined up to see (Not just the quest, I joined QQ because it had a DxD quest on it), not Kenichi or Mago or what-the-fuck-ever. The multicross elements were only small things at first, just Ruby and Yang showing up as characters who fit into the setting rather than dragging the entire plot of RWBY with them, and it should never have progressed beyond that point. The rest of this garbage is unwanted and I'll be voting against getting involved with it for the rest of the quest unless we drag the rest of the cast along with us or something.
There aren't any Kenichi quests because nobody wants one badly enough to make it themselves. I have no sympathy.
That's fine - but just as that's your view and nothing I say or do will likely budge it, I have zero inclination to agree with this view, or any sympathy if my efforts to get more of the things I'm here for involved are not what you want.

I'd venture that for every bit of disinterest you have in these non-DxD settings intruding on the quest setting, I have just as much for seeing yet another 'DxD but tweaked a bit' quest.

So, best of luck to you, I suppose - I'm not abandoning my Renka intentions or my affinity for involved multi-crosses anytime soon.
Galeiam said:
You are misunderstanding...we don't mind the multicross...we just want the Excalubur arc!!!.
And you're misunderstanding, as I have no intention or desire to delay the arc's arrival.

Just because SOME of the ways of getting the Renka stuff kicked off COULD entail a delay on that front in no way means that I'm not going to do my utmost to avoid such delays - I just prioritize Renka's arrival OVER said delays.
Cannon girl was from Senran Kaguya though.
I half thought so, but nixed the idea because she didn't have a large chest - goes to show how much about that setting I know.

Still, thanks for sourcing that.
Also Meeting her out of the blue has nothing to do with going to find her for no reason?
Yes it does, when I'm talking about meeting her out of the blue.

Renka roams, chases down rumors, and is bullheaded - she is COMPERATIVELY far more likely to run into us than Kisara or many of the others that we already have had random encounters with.

So again - my opinion here is 'I want to keep an eye out for Ma Renka's possible intrusion into Issei's business/actions with the intent to start something there and not miss an opportunity to get a big resource boon for Issei/prevent Renka from getting a lackluster outcome', not 'I want to go hunt down Renka despite Issei not knowing about her and have Issei put her in his harem'.

...We wouldn't be having any of this discussion if you had said that from the start zzz...

I DID say that from the start.

I said that every post I made on this, in fact - at no point did I ever say 'let's go hunt down Renka'. Go ahead and recheck my posts if you don't believe me - I certainly haven't edited them (QQ does show when someone edits a post right? If not there goes my proof...).

I kept clarifying from the beginning that I wasn't saying 'abandon other pursuits let's go chase Renka', but 'Hey Renka's neglected at base and useful to the quest PC AND liable to be encountered one way or another - we should not let that opportunity pass BECAUSE....'.

Bobs Beard said:
And again, Ma Renka's on my personal list of [Interesting Character Concepts Neglected In Canon] that I want to see given a chance to shine so there's a whole bunch of cathartic goodness to the route I propose.

From that sentence it looks like you are pushing forward finding her 0o...

THAT's how you got 'Bob wants to divert attention to a Renka hunt' from what I was saying?

...I don't quite know how to respond to the fact that you fixated on 'an inferential interpretation of a snippet' over 'What I repeated and explicitly stated' as your means of understanding what I'm pushing for. I mean there's not much more I can do to prevent such misinterpretations as THAT besides what I'm already doing.

Smuthunter said:
I continue to hope that the quest I joined because it was a DxD quest continues to focus largely on DxD with cameos rather than spending weeks and months crossing over with the plots of shows I've never seen before. :p

I'm not familiar with DxD so I don't mind it too much. But I'm wary of too many crossovers. I want Alex to have clearly thought about how the elements integrated before he has them appear on screen. Otherwise there's a risky of too many plot-points to keep balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back