• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

[X] Hellfire

Last edited:
Another good charm to get is Night's Avenger Lunge. Being able to teleport right into your enemies face regardless of distance is good for dealing with all those pesky flying enemies and snipers.
Range is only 300 yards until we hit essence 5. And that's only if we spend willpower.

No, what you want is Blind Impulse Strike: Essence 4, Melee 5, allows a counterattack that ignores cover, can be used without line of sight and has a range of Yes. As in: You can use it to hit someone in another dimension as long as they've just attacked you.

I'd suggest picking up Dawn King's Strife, so we could use whatever weapons we wanted with at least a bit of competence if need be, but it requires War 4 and we haven't got any War dots. I doubt making that a priority would be sensible.

Occult has the new spell system from Mage or whatever it was and we could sink more points into that, or we could finish up the trials and purchase Terrestrial Circle Sorcery, which opens up a whole new can of bullshit for us to play with. Sorcery gets us stuff like Death of Obsidian Butterflies, which is tactical-scale magic that hits an area the size of a football field, or Emerald Circle Countermagic, which is ideal for tearing down huge rituals like the one that gets used at the peace conference or the one that Kokabiel nearly destroyed Kuoh and the surrounding city with.

We also want to invest two more points and at least one charm in Integrity so we can purchase Truth Shines Through, which is our one and only path to unravelling the Great Curse. We don't seem to have a huge issue with social combat though so we can more or less pass on it otherwise unless I'm forgetting something important.

I am totally in agreement at getting these things as soon as possible. Can we purchase Truth now?

We haven't completed the 5 Stations of initiation to Sorcery yet...

How is this different from Hastening Night's End?
...it's not, I just goofed up and got my charm names mixed up. Hastening Night's End is the one that lets you cure mental illnesses with prolonged social interaction (sex counts as such). Minds Yield to Glory is the one that permanently buffs the duration of Hypnotic Tongue Technique.

Yes, but the problem there is that I don't actually care why she's doing it. I care that she is doing it. I agree with you that it's fully in character for her, I just despise her character.

My basic rule of thumb for this sort of thing is simple: If something would be offensive if you switched the genders of everyone involved, then it's still offensive without the genders being switched.

On this what was Renka's characterization by the end of the series? Was she still just as prone to "talking with her fists" as she did in the last update.

On this what was Renka's characterization by the end of the series? Was she still just as prone to "talking with her fists" as she did in the last update.
Let me surprise you: No you don't even get to know what happened to her in the end of the story. The only scene you got is a photo with her in the center, behind is some sort of building.

I was more referring to how it could be used for a certain sadist.

Oh hey, that's right. Diodora has an entire harem of mind-broken nuns who would appreciate some alone time with us.

Or did you mean Akeno? I don't think "daddy issues" counts as a derangement.

Range is only 300 yards until we hit essence 5. And that's only if we spend willpower.

No, what you want is Blind Impulse Strike: Essence 4, Melee 5, allows a counterattack that ignores cover, can be used without line of sight and has a range of Yes. As in: You can use it to hit someone in another dimension as long as they've just attacked you.
Fair point, missed the range limitation. NAL has less prereq charms though, and only needs Dodge 4.

Fair point, missed the range limitation. NAL has less prereq charms though, and only needs Dodge 4.
Yeah, it's an amazing counterattack charm. For something from the Dodge charms anyway. But it's blown away by the stuff that's from a collage that's actually meant to be used for hurting people. Compared to stuff like Deft Hand Deflection (perfect parry against any ranged attack that carries no flaw of invulnerability and if the attack was a thrown weapon you get a reflexive counter attack with it) Flawless Mirror Trance (Until your next action you can parry unblockable attacks and you automatically counterattack everything that you parry) and One With The Wave (negate any attack by redirecting it, damage and all, into the enemy that made it (That one is Solar Hero Style by the way, we should pick it up eventually)) it just doesn't stack up that well.

Solar defenses are fucking insane.

[X] Eldritch
-[X] Without turning away, you ask, "That's the sword, isn't it?" Because of course it is, your luck demands nothing less.

Oh right, voting.

[X] Eldritch.

I can't NOT vote for the shoggothian option!

Does that take us to them like the other one does, or is it just a ranged counter?

I'm picturing us catching a sniper's bullet and tossing it back, then locating said sniper by the swearing after we hit him.

Also, I was all for Solar Melee, at first, but now we already have something that serves the same purpose, so... not much point.

On another note, Melee charms can be used with any melee weapon, right? Do the gauntlets count as melee weapons?

Basically, do fist type weapons just count for martial arts, or do they count as weapons too?

It is my humble opinion that this is the most important part as it applies to this quest.

As much as I like the idea of fucking the crazy out of someone, deliberately sleeping with crazy people to cure them seems a little...

It's basically taking advantage of them, unless Issei genuinely doesn't know that he can get the same effect by just sitting down and talking to them for a couple of hours.

I've always liked that charm, it's theme reminds me of superman sitting down to talk with someone who threatened to jump, Kirito talking with Sachi the night she ran away, that sort of thing.

Just sit down and talk, or listen. That's really all you need.

Oh hey, does combat count as an action spent with a person? because we could do naruto style ninja therapy if it does.

Sure, we'll probably run into people more willing to have sex with a near stranger than they are to sit down and talk about their feelings, so it might get some use as that, but it's not something we should actively shoot for.

Last edited:
I wonder what kind of Eldritch means Alexander, the new meaning, or the old meaning?

Nice avatar Alexander.

*check, see's I didn't vote last time*

[X] Hellfire
-[X] Without turning away, you ask, "That's the sword, isn't it?" Because of course it is, your luck demands nothing less.

I just found this thing on the Archive:

Stripping Your Partner
Cost: Special; Mins: Martial Arts 3, Essence 3;
Type: Reflexive (Step 10)
Keywords: Wanton
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: None
Sex is more difficult to achieve if one's partner
is clad in clothes or armor. This Charm costs one
mote per point of mobility penalty or fatigue rating
of a target's armor or clothing (with a minimum of
one point). If the Charm user manages to control
any clinch and activates this Charm, then the
victim's clothes and armor are immediately spread
in a random distribution across an area equal to the
user's (Stamina + Performance) in yards .

EternitynChaos claims it was a joke charm from an Aprilfools ExXxalted joke.

I just though I'd post it here for you guys to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back