• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

What a funny mod now I suddenly want Payne fanfic in black mesa.

Armored Core 6 Story Overview
FjgxExyUoAEruDU.png

https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1601083659754254338?s=46&t=ALQHL-ig1diZqb-YM3wK7w

Sounds like your classic armored core to me. Though I'm pretty sure that anything capable of setting an entire star system on fire would probably destroy the planet it happened on...
Sounds like they rebranded the Kojima Particles from AC4 into this new "unknown" substance. Though it does mean that the powerlevel of the AC games have reached planet busting levels.

Sounds like they rebranded the Kojima Particles from AC4 into this new "unknown" substance. Though it does mean that the powerlevel of the AC games have reached planet busting levels.
That's the funny part, somehow the planet is still there since as per the summary, the substance resurfaced on the planet where it happened. Magic substance somehow sets an entire star system on fire without destroying the planet the reaction took place on.

That's the funny part, somehow the planet is still there since as per the summary, the substance resurfaced on the planet where it happened. Magic substance somehow sets an entire star system on fire without destroying the planet the reaction took place on.
From what I can tell, it sounds like it turned the entire solar system into what Mercury is going through daily.

From what I can tell, it sounds like it turned the entire solar system into what Mercury is going through daily.
You can actually see it happen in the trailer as well as it's aftermath, it's the part before it says Feed the fire. Somehow, this mystery substance managed to cause a reaction that lit up the entire solar system with a weird heat and gas effect but didn't even do enough damage to fully scour the planet it happened on of manmade structures. I'm genuinely just gonna chalk it down to sci fi writers have no sense of scale because that genuinely seems like what's happened here.

You can actually see it happen in the trailer as well as it's aftermath, it's the part before it says Feed the fire. Somehow, this mystery substance managed to cause a reaction that lit up the entire solar system with a weird heat and gas effect but didn't even do enough damage to fully scour the planet it happened on of manmade structures. I'm genuinely just gonna chalk it down to sci fi writers have no sense of scale because that genuinely seems like what's happened here.
Eh. I can suspend my disbelief just for the change to zoom around in a giant robot and mow down hoards of mooks.

Eh. I can suspend my disbelief just for the change to zoom around in a giant robot and mow down hoards of mooks.
Hey I never said I wouldn't enjoy the story or the action, I just found the set up to it very silly in a "you know I'm pretty sure that would probably have melted the surface of the planet at a minimum" kind of way.

Now the prankster's doing an interview on twitch......

Dwarf Fortress (Steam) is fun but damn they could take a few tips from Rimworld on the UI. Menus nested in menus nested in more menus not to mention certain things being tedious as hell.

Dwarf Fortress (Steam) is fun but damn they could take a few tips from Rimworld on the UI. Menus nested in menus nested in more menus not to mention certain things being tedious as hell.

Steam Workshop is supported, so it's only a matter of time before it's solved by one or several mods.

Likely a rather short amount of time given the sheer size of its fanbase.

So apparently FF16 is going to have 'partial nudity' in it. I know that could mean a lot of things, but I would be legit surprised if we ended up actually seeing naked boobs in a Final Fantasy game.

So apparently FF16 is going to have 'partial nudity' in it. I know that could mean a lot of things, but I would be legit surprised if we ended up actually seeing naked boobs in a Final Fantasy game.
If you're lucky you get a bathing scene where you don't really see anything or the like. I very much doubt the people running Final Fantasy would do anything actually fun like extensive clothing damage that lets you see something or the like.

You have no idea how happy I am to see that Batman is also brainwashed. I was worried it was just going to be evil Superman or every member of the Justice League except Batman. I've gotten pretty damn tired of BatGod.
The only one not brainwashed is Wonder Woman.

You have no idea how happy I am to see that Batman is also brainwashed. I was worried it was just going to be evil Superman or every member of the Justice League except Batman. I've gotten pretty damn tired of BatGod.
Isn't bats actually dead even on the "got mind controlled" front for recent animated stuff/universe? Both he and supes got controlled in young justice, he got nabbed and used as Darksyde's strategist in the last movie before they did another reboot (supes instead got kryptonite sewn into his chest and sent wandering). He almost got possessed in the Trigon related Teen Titans movie but barely managed to jab himself with something that nearly killed him via paralysing all his muscles instead effectively removing him from the plot which is less resisting mind control and more rendering it pointless to possess him (by contrast supes and the others got to play a part fighting Trigon for a bit).

I think Bats also got mind whammied by Tahlia for a bit but I didn't watch that movie or many clips of it so I might be wrong.

Feels like a win for Radahn. I think the Raven would need Radahn to be in his feral state to have a shot at victory.

Can the giant brute hit stuff moving at range at upwards of 2000km/h? Through a field of matter-decaying particles? No? He loses then. :p
Reasonably sure dodging his comet attack would be easy for a Lynx.

Sure I guess he'd fuck up most AC1-3 cores, and almost anything could fuck up ACV cores, but Primal Armour and the sheer speed of 4A means they hit well above anything else in the series.

Like ... Haven't played ER, but a AC4A core could get from one end of the map to the other in ... 30 seconds ish.

Can the giant brute hit stuff moving at range at upwards of 2000km/h? Through a field of matter-decaying particles? No? He loses then. :p
Reasonably sure dodging his comet attack would be easy for a Lynx.

Sure I guess he'd fuck up most AC1-3 cores, and almost anything could fuck up ACV cores, but Primal Armour and the sheer speed of 4A means they hit well above anything else in the series.

Like ... Haven't played ER, but a AC4A core could get from one end of the map to the other in ... 30 seconds ish.
Radahn is prolific in Gravity magic, such that even having lost basically all higher brain functions due to the Scarlet Rot he kept total control of the gravity field around the planet for decades, as his death cutscene shows a meteor shower that he'd been keeping at bay. When he's in perfect health and in his right mind, his control of Gravity would be such that attempting to crush an AC with AOE gravitational force would be considered an opening move.

I don't know much about Armored Core so I can't say definitively how much they can take, but I figure mechs would have some trouble with concentrated gravity. Radahn's cast speed would be an important factor in figuring out who has the advantage.

Radahn is prolific in Gravity magic, such that even having lost basically all higher brain functions due to the Scarlet Rot he kept total control of the gravity field around the planet for decades, as his death cutscene shows a meteor shower that he'd been keeping at bay. When he's in perfect health and in his right mind, his control of Gravity would be such that attempting to crush an AC with AOE gravitational force would be considered an opening move.

I don't know much about Armored Core so I can't say definitively how much they can take, but I figure mechs would have some trouble with concentrated gravity. Radahn's cast speed would be an important factor in figuring out who has the advantage.
I would imagine that the range is the biggest issue, or rather in this case his ability to attack an Armored Core that's far enough away that he can't see it. Radann is able to stop the meteors from crashing to earth, so you've got to figure the range on his abilities is pretty impressive, but at the same time, getting line of sight on the meteors is comparatively easy when all you need to do to see them is look up. Armored Cores are a lot smaller than the meteors, while still being able to pack weapons with impressive enough ranges* that Radann might not be able to see the Armored Core before it starts firing. and since Radann doesn't seem to have any jedi-esque precognitive abilities, it's hypothetically possible for an Armored Core to be mounted with sufficiently long range and/or indirect fire weapons that they could simply take out Radann before he even realizes that the Armored Core is actually in the area.

* I'm admittedly not too familiar with Armored Core, but assuming that it has guns that are either equal to, or superior to modern day military weaponry, you've got to figure they've got the ability to shoot Radann at a distance farther than he himself can see over the horizon. For reference, a modern day barret 50. caliber anti materiel rifle has a long enough that the coriolis effect becomes a genuine thing that needs to be taken into account on the outside of its maximum range, and that's for something designed to be man-portable. It's easy to imagine Armored Core mounted guns having a longer range than that.

Last edited:
I would imagine that the range is the biggest issue, or rather in this case his ability to attack an Armored Core that's far enough away that he can't see it. Radann is able to stop the meteors from crashing to earth, so you've got to figure the range on his abilities is pretty impressive, but at the same time, getting line of sight on the meteors is comparatively easy when all you need to do to see them is look up. Armored Cores are a lot smaller than the meteors, while still being able to pack weapons with impressive enough ranges* that Radann might not be able to see the Armored Core before it starts firing. and since Radann doesn't seem to have any jedi-esque precognitive abilities, it's hypothetically possible for an Armored Core to be mounted with sufficiently long range and/or indirect fire weapons that they could simply take out Radann before he even realizes that the Armored Core is actually in the area.

* I'm admittedly not too familiar with Armored Core, but assuming that it has guns that are either equal to, or superior to modern day military weaponry, you've got to figure they've got the ability to shoot Radann at a distance farther than he himself can see over the horizon. For reference, a modern day barret 50. caliber anti materiel rifle has a long enough that the coriolis effect becomes a genuine thing that needs to be taken into account on the outside of its maximum range, and that's for something designed to be man-portable. It's easy to imagine Armored Core mounted guns having a longer range than that.

It uses mechs.

There is no such thing as long range combat.

It uses mechs.

There is no such thing as long range combat.
That technically depends on what you mean by long range. The mechs themselves don't really do long range combat because trying to precision snipe a target capable of dodging to the side at over a 1000+km/hr is not really doable. But in setting you also had shit like the Spirit of Motherwill casually shooting at you from a massive distance while you try to close in while going at 1600km/hr dodging long range cannon shots the size of your mech the entire time so it's not as if long range doesn't exist. It's just not really useful for trying to fight the top of the line stuff.

That technically depends on what you mean by long range. The mechs themselves don't really do long range combat because trying to precision snipe a target capable of dodging to the side at over a 1000+km/hr is not really doable. But in setting you also had shit like the Spirit of Motherwill casually shooting at you from a massive distance while you try to close in while going at 1600km/hr dodging long range cannon shots the size of your mech the entire time so it's not as if long range doesn't exist. It's just not really useful for trying to fight the top of the line stuff.

Ok, true... but on the other hand that's also not an AC; that was a fortress.

Ok, true... but on the other hand that's also not an AC; that was a fortress.
You do see people with some more long ranged approaches on AC but the limit isn't so much the range on the weaponry as much as "how far can I be before I'm wasting time and ammunition trying to shoot these people?" . Another AC is going to be too agile to be worth trying to snipe at long distances while Normals and drones aren't going to be worth the cost in ammunition to snipe at longer range. Meanwhile Arms forts are so heavily armored that you need to hit weakspots and those tend to be either inside them or in areas that are hard to hit. There being no point in doing it doesn't mean they couldn't whip something up to achieve it. They had laser weapons and what we can assume were rail guns in setting after all, range shouldn't be an issue.

You do see people with some more long ranged approaches on AC but the limit isn't so much the range on the weaponry as much as "how far can I be before I'm wasting time and ammunition trying to shoot these people?" . Another AC is going to be too agile to be worth trying to snipe at long distances while Normals and drones aren't going to be worth the cost in ammunition to snipe at longer range. Meanwhile Arms forts are so heavily armored that you need to hit weakspots and those tend to be either inside them or in areas that are hard to hit. There being no point in doing it doesn't mean they couldn't whip something up to achieve it. They had laser weapons and what we can assume were rail guns in setting after all, range shouldn't be an issue.

Sure, but there's a difference between "They can make weapons for long range" and "they regularly use weapons at long rang".

I got Wolfenstein: Youngblood on a rather deep discount a while back and I'm downloading it now. What should I expect and are there any game breaking bugs or glitches I should be aware of?

I 'aced' the first game and started and set down the second.

(BJ going poor me got old by the time I got to the farmhouse mission and I haven't worked the will up to redownload it.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back