• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

So Steam has a Tomb Raider sale is Rise and Shadow any good? I remember people say they weren't as good as the first one.
Rise is good. Kind of repeats a lot of the same story beats as 2013 but gameplay is solid and environments look great. Havent played Shadow

>Daisy playable in a main line title

Oh that's nice

Looks like Mario got into the Katamari drugs.

...I responded to this like five minutes after I thought of that joke because of the videos offered after this one was over.

BECAUSE-

I know it's shilling a remake but fuck you I'm excited to re-play it in modern 3d. Looks like they preserved most of the game too... though I'm expecting at least a little new content.

I do see something on the left side of the screen during successful timed attacks and defenses- some kind of bonus boost, I think. The one thing I hope they DO change is better indicators for timed defenses- I always had trouble with that. Or maybe a difficulty slider that gives you timing hints if you set it down so hardcore players can still go without.

What? I dont get the reference
Hi Fi Rush is a very high quality game exclusive to Xbox and PC. Despite its great quality, it received very little advertising from its publisher, Bethesda. In spite of that, it managed to become a commercial success thanks to word of mouth and twitch streamers.

Hi Fi Rush is a very high quality game exclusive to Xbox and PC. Despite its great quality, it received very little advertising from its publisher, Bethesda. In spite of that, it managed to become a commercial success thanks to word of mouth and twitch streamers.
Not to mention being a music based game to not only include a separate Creative Commons soundtrack for streamers, but made sure it slapped just as hard as the licensed one.

Looks like Mario got into the Katamari drugs.

...I responded to this like five minutes after I thought of that joke because of the videos offered after this one was over.

BECAUSE-
Oh god the GENO FOR SMASH memes will revive with so much force it will be absurd

*The argument used to be that he belonged to Square I think. Then we got Cloud in Smash

Guess they are talkin again?

Not only that, it managed to outsell the excessively heavily marketed (some sources put it as the most money ever spent to advertise a video game) Forspoken by being a very obviously very good game, compared to Forspoken being kinda shit and very checkboxy.

Not only that, it managed to outsell the excessively heavily marketed (some sources put it as the most money ever spent to advertise a video game) Forspoken by being a very obviously very good game, compared to Forspoken being kinda shit and very checkboxy.
Why did you have to remind me this game exist. I managed to forget about "I KILLED A MONSTER WITH THE POWER OF MY MIND!" and all that awful demo-tier of game.

Bro new Yakuza game just got announced.

Well okay, the series has finally moved away from the American Yakuza title and is now under the series proper name Like a Dragon ( it was only named Yakuza to appeal to the GTA crowd in the US)

Looks like our new protagonist Ichiban ends up on a beach in the United states. Possibly Hawaii. At the start of LAD he only had the clothes on his back. Now he doesn't even have that. Truly he is the Dragon of Rock Bottom.

Also Yong Yea is gonna be the English voice of Kiryu. You may know him from YouTube, where he often talks about news in the gaming industry. I didn't know he was a voice actor.

Also Yong Yea is gonna be the English voice of Kiryu. You may know him from YouTube, where he often talks about news in the gaming industry. I didn't know he was a voice actor.
Yeah, he's been branching out it seems. I first found out he was doing voice over work, when he showed up in the dub for Jojo, voicing Pucci.

Finally getting around to playing Ys IX. Gameplay's still fun and I'm interested to find out what's up with the doppelganger thing and a Vagullion showing up even though it shouldn't exist anymore on account of demons being wiped from existence way back in II.

I kinda feel like visually it's a step down from VIII. Going from a lush dinosaur island to Gray City, Capital of the Gray Lands with mostly sewer based dungeons is just not as interesting to look at. The enemies are weird and colorful though so that's nice.

b0f05x.jpg

1687493307118.png

>Callbacks to really really old stuff most people probably never watch to give a new spin

I thought this wasn't allowed under Nintendo Holy Doctrine of "Miyamoto doesn't want innovation"

I feel like it took me way too long to realize that the city of Balduq in Ys IX is just alt-universe Paris. I didn't put it together until they mentioned the Hundred Years War with the local version of Britain.

I thought this wasn't allowed under Nintendo Holy Doctrine of "Miyamoto doesn't want innovation"
That line is completely uttered by the Nintendo haters, Nintendo Doctrine has always been 'build around a core game loop, add things to make things fun' more than anything. Innovating for the sake of innovating is forbidden in Nintendo, though.

I recently picked up a little indie game on steam called "Seal World".

It's silly

It's adorable

And it's only $3

What's not to love?

More like a visual novel but hey, it's on Steam, it's free, and it's absolutely worth it.

Talking about South Scrimshaw.

It's like a nature documentary about the life cycle of an alien whale on an alien planet, exploring it's unique and alien biology and behavior, touching upon the ecosystem and a little bit of history of the human colonists on that world.

Only first part is available for now, and it follows the life cycle of a little Brillo Whale, from birth to adolescence so far. I'll be honest, I'm kinda invested in the little ball of blubber right now.

Google gave me a Play Pass for three months... so, after striking out with a few games, I picked up "There is No Game"

It's amusing... and for a moment at the end of one part, strangely compelling. I'm on chapter 5 right now, and I'm interested in where this is going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back