• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

Basically, there's some new (official) Gundam project that uses 3d models. People found out that not only are the models stored in a fairly standard format, but they're also stored unencrypted... which makes them stupidly easy to convert into a format suitable for 3d printing.

First 21 minutes of Spider Man 2 released by IGN.

First 21 minutes of Spider Man 2 released by IGN.

Can't wait for the game to go on PS plus in like a year. Honestly no need for me to buy it. Sony might be screwing me to pay for their worthless streaming service in my subscription, but at least it's surefire that game will end up more or less free for me eventually.

So my brain has been in a mood for a game, but when I metaphorically ask what game it wants it just gives me 'cool dragon game'

So now I need to ask if there's a 'cool dragon game'.

Like, actual dragons.

So my brain has been in a mood for a game, but when I metaphorically ask what game it wants it just gives me 'cool dragon game'

Like, actual dragons.
Skyrim. It just works.

Dragon's Dogma, Monster Hunter (kinda?), Dragon Age, Dark Souls, Witcher (not sure about dragons, but impeccable vibe), Baldur's Gate 3 (again, not sure about dragons, but vibes), Drakengard 3 (needs to be emulated unless you have a PS3 and is often described as 'good bad game').

Also, try out Halls of Torment. The demo is like a free prologue from my understanding, and while it probably isn't exactly what you're craving, the reviews say that for a free product, it has a crazy amount of meat to it to see if you want to pay for HoT proper.

Like, actual dragons.

Hm. Drakengard you have a dragon, some ground levels where you can rain death, some sky levels with aerial dogfighting. Hard though, and the story is fucked.

And... aside from digging into ancient history with Spyro, I can't think of another game where you get to play as a dragon, and no dragon-riding either.

Like, actual dragons.

Only a few creatures match, but ARK: Survival Evolved might scratch that itch for you.

There are dragons, called wyverns in game, that you can ride by stealing an egg then raising it. Only in the Scorched Earth DLC officially, but there are several officially endorsed modded maps that allow you to access them without having to buy the DLC.

The wyverns aren't the focus of the game, it's an open world crafting survival with a focus on taming dinosaurs for protection and utility, but they are very versatile once you survive collecting the egg as well as manage to raise it. Decent combat ability, the fastest sustained flight speed, able to grab and carry up to medium size creatures, it's my go-to mount for so many things once acquired.

Like, actual dragons.
If you don't mind a game that is almost 20 years old, and very much an example of Eurojank, might I recommend I of the Dragon? It's one of the few games I can think of where the entire point of the game is that it lets you play as a dragon, doing dragon things, and killing monsters while accumulating a number of human worshipers and devotees.

If you just want to ride around on a dragon and shoot stuff... may I suggest the Panzer Dragoon games? Good luck playing them however; the first 3 were Saturn titles, the forth (and newest) was original Xbox, and there was also a Game Gear spinoff... and only the original Saturn game has a port on modern systems.

Like, actual dragons.
The I of the Dragon. Divinity: Dragon Commander. Divinity 2: Ego Draconis. All available on steam.

Don't have one, but isn't this more an RPG?
Monster Hunter (kinda?)
Only in certain titles where you ride the Dragons and dragon-adjacents.

But I'm also an ardent fan of this one, even though it's not the vibe I'm looking for
Let me romance Flemeth! Let me romance the dragon GILF!

But not the one I'm looking.
No dragons are played :V
Got the game, but I feel like it doesn't have the dragon-playability I'm looking for
there are those dragonkin and dragon riders, but it doesn't really feel the same.
Oh boy, this would definitely be one, but not on steam :(
Survivor-like, not necessarily what I'm looking for, but then again I'm also playing like 3 different Survivor games anyway.
I'll give you that this one definitely is a cool dragon game, but it never really caught my interest outside of art.
*squint* I guess this counts, but not really what I was more wanting to see
Definitely need to get the DLC for the dragon expansion, but it definitely feels late-gamey. I want dragon now! :V
Looks interesting, but it has the feeling of...old...
Ooof, I got hit in the age...
Divinity: Dragon Commander. Divinity 2: Ego Draconis
Definitely looks interesting, but I have a strong feeling I'm not gonna like the 2003 story and graphics, unless they came out with a remaster...

But on the other hand, during my brief search for a good dragon game, I did manage to find a good dragon game.

Fire and Steel

TLDR; Young dragon wakes up cranky in the middle of WW2.

Cheap, fairly simple premise, and from what I've seen (and played) definitely feels like a 'play for like an hour at a time to satisfy your destructive dragon urges'

Keyboard controls feel weird, only slightly awkward on a connected controller but much easier to manage.

Definitely need to get the DLC for the dragon expansion, but it definitely feels late-gamey. I want dragon now! :V

Not really. The Scorched Earth DLC is actually a pretty difficult map to play on, often to the point of just not being fun at all. More of a challenge map or if you absolutely want to go through what little plot ARK has. Ragnarok is my personal favorite free DLC map to play SE content without having to deal with the SE map.

They are definitely mid to late game though, although you can get them pretty early if you know some tricks of the game.

I'll definitely be checking out Fire & Steel though, looks like a fun time.

I'll definitely be checking out Fire & Steel though, looks like a fun time.
Game's fun, if lacking in substance. Like I said last night, it's a thing where you can just have a bit of fun.

I do like the little bit of lore they put in, in the form of news headlines at the end of a mission.

Technical Ability and Intelligence. The first tree vastly improves your ability to use cyberware, including unlocking the "locked" cyberware slots, increasing your capacity, and just making it better; while the second has a bunch of upgrades for your cyberdeck and quickhacks, including the ability to "queue" quickhacks on a single target. Tech also has upgrades for Tech weapons, while Int has Smart weapon upgrades.

I'd also pick up the "health regen in combat" upgrade from the Body tree, but that's about it. Reflex has a few movement upgrades early on, and a bunch of the trees have a vehicle upgrade in the lowest tier; I recommend a bunch of them.

Just remember that respecing perks can be done at will, but you only get 1 stat respec. And, honestly? There's enough points in the base game to get 3 stats to 20 (the stat cap) and maybe a 4th to 9 or 10, whereas with the extra 10 levels Phantom Liberty gives you, you can get either 4 to 20, or 3 to 20 and 2 to 10.

EDIT: Also, remember there are more perk point then there are levels; you get 10 (2 per tree) from going roughly halfway through all the progression (Headhunter/Netrunner/Solo/Shinobi/Engineer) levels, and there's another 10-15 acquired as collectable shards hiding in various containers, vendor inventory, and even some specific enemies.

Last edited:
So apparently part of the reason City Skylines 2 is running poorly is because all the human models are working off of Yandere Dev levels design decisions with them having to render each individual teeth.
https://twitter.com/tombomp/status/1717641500891238536
image-33.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back