• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

Soooo, question Who here use a controller for PC?

I am using a PS4 controller, but it started to drift and that is getting annoying. I mean, I COULD open it up and try cleaning it, but I do wonder what are good options in the event I fuck it up, just in case. If you have somethign to recommend, I am all ears.

Also, for the record, I would prefer a wired controller for this.

I used to use a dualshock 4, but it died and I switched to an old wired Afterglow Xbox 360 that I had lying around.

I've been using an Xbox One controller myself. All you need for that is a cord with the appropriate ends to plug the controller in. As far as drift goes, I haven't had that issue with my controllers yet, though I did have to re-calibrate my Switch Joycons recently, so maybe look into seeing if there is a way to re-calibrate your ps4 controller on PC before cracking it open or buying a new controller.
Nah, sticks are still perfectly alright on normal. But when I move the sticks, it can tend to go for longer than intended or move a bit no where I want to until I counter it, so I'm pretty sure there must be dirt fucking with my inputs there.

I am using a PS4 controller, but it started to drift and that is getting annoying. I mean, I COULD open it up and try cleaning it, but I do wonder what are good options in the event I fuck it up, just in case. If you have somethign to recommend, I am all ears.

Gulikit KK3 Pro, Or KingKong 3 Pro.

I tried, once. Steam refused to show me PS controller inputs, giving me Xbox instead. Which made playing the game impossible because I kspt getring tripped up.

That's usually on the game, not Steam.

I use the PS4 controller for my PC, but I got a gulikit for my Switch that I can swap in if I need to.

I tried, once. Steam refused to show me PS controller inputs, giving me Xbox instead. Which made playing the game impossible because I kspt getring tripped up.
I just wrote down the Xbox button layout on a sticky note and taped it to the bottom of my monitor...after a couple of years i finally learned the layout

Logitech F310
Good, reliable, long lasting. been using this for almost 6 years now
This is the same one I use. My only real issues with it are the feel. The steep lip where the triggers are makes it feel bulky and hard to find a comfortable grip, and the trigger themselves have a lot more resistance on them than I'm used to. I like the controller otherwise.

I've been using a wired 360 controller for the last 13 years. It still works great.

...So I'm playing Vampire Survivor on my phone. Been farming the Dairy Factory - or whatever it's called- for various unlocks, mostly to kill the 3k Milk Elementals you need to unlock one of the characters. Just did a run with the guy who starts with the bible weapon to unlock the Arcana for getting him to 80, and managed to finally get six enhanced weapons at once. I thought I was going to finish the Milk Elementals this run too, after quite a few.

Didn't. Let's check the bestiary, how many more do I need? 100 or so?

Milk Elementals killed: 2,999

Heroes of Might and Magic: Olden Era announced for 2025.

We'll see how it goes, but trailer looked a lot like gameplay of 3 and 5 with newer graphics and it's not done by Ubisoft, but team who worked on Iridius lord of dead.

...So I'm playing Vampire Survivor on my phone. Been farming the Dairy Factory - or whatever it's called- for various unlocks, mostly to kill the 3k Milk Elementals you need to unlock one of the characters. Just did a run with the guy who starts with the bible weapon to unlock the Arcana for getting him to 80, and managed to finally get six enhanced weapons at once. I thought I was going to finish the Milk Elementals this run too, after quite a few.

Didn't. Let's check the bestiary, how many more do I need? 100 or so?

Milk Elementals killed: 2,999

Sounds about right for Vampire Survivors. Good game though. Lots of entertaining references, especially for a Castlevania fan.

Langrisser Gacha is having a collab

The series? CAPTAIN COMMANDO

It gets a genuine what the actual fuck from me

Both Langrisser and Captain Commando are early 1990s games. So it is a collab to hit the childhoods of both these demographics.

I mean I am glad as fuck Commando is getting recognized and getting into things, beyond being a costume for Guile and a UMVC3 Mod

Logitech F310
Good, reliable, long lasting. been using this for almost 6 years now
This is the same one I use. My only real issues with it are the feel. The steep lip where the triggers are makes it feel bulky and hard to find a comfortable grip, and the trigger themselves have a lot more resistance on them than I'm used to. I like the controller otherwise.
So, huh, thanks for the advice... But now I find out it's way too bulky for me, jeez. I know it's bigger than a PS4 controller to begin with and some changes in feels are expected, but jeez. Guess I'll be returning it and try something else.

Last edited:
In more Snowbreak news, I decided to take a look at the first bit of the new chapter (I think I mentioned it before, but the game lets you access the newest chapter to come out even if you haven't probably reached it in the story). First section is of course cutscenes...all I'm gonna say on the matter is that I was sold when the first lines of dialogue were a reference to Chekov's Gun of all things. These madlads at Seasun are marketing to me and I love it.

You know, in a JRPG when you unleash a big move on a boss, and it's just more HP damage, fight goes on? How disappointing it is when a normal attack while recharging MP or whatever is the final blow?

And how satisfying it is when the same big move is the killing blow?

Just took out Stormcaller in Sea of Stars. Decided to blow all three Live Mana on a poison backstab on a whim and it finished him off. Very satisfying.

Some games do split the difference by ending boss fights once enough damage has been done, then go into a appropriately epic cutscene/sequence to finish the fight... or just make you either use a specific attack or a special command, but those still lead to what's effectively the same thing as just starting a cutscene.

A Question.
One can make a Rimworld thread here? What would be the appropriate subforum?

Sorry I am looking for the title for a jrpg can i ask for it here?

It have a historical japan setting about a family cursed with short life and it sholud be about passing stat or trait to future generetions. Kinda like ck2.
It sholud Be... 10 years old? Not sure about that. But the title sholud be in japanese.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back