• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

View: https://youtu.be/7riTaV5-0vs?si=bwnJj-4m-n84ghjk

A bit from earlier this week. The voice of The Storyteller, Jason Damron, in the Shoddycast's long running Fallout lore series has tragically passed from Stage 4 Adrenal Cancer. He is survived by his wife Jennie.

For those that wish to do something in the memory of Jason, the Shoddycast channel has linked in the video description the donation page for ACC C.U.R.E., a non-profit organization for adrenal cancer research.

Last edited:

Saw this indie game

Trench Tales

A Dark Military Urban…Rural Fantasy(?)set in something like WWI but with monsters to kill together with enemy soldiers

Anyway, the guy making it has been doing this for at least 7 years

Is it wrong that I think even with advances in technology, like AI, it will still take a long time for the Indies to produce good looking stuff like this? Rather than on a more regular basis

The good news is that so far at least, their attempted filing of the patents has been rejected, according to that article, though they still have until the end of the month to refile them before the patents are rejected for good.

Thats just some ultra periness right there. Isnt home nation dominance enough with how japan seems to disregard the dangers of these patents by and large?

...Of course its not. They want Palworld dead and in pieces semingly guranteed home victory seemingly is not enought for them.

Its Tuesday. They do weekly maintenance on everything/shut things down for a few minutes to an hour. And they've done this for years.

Beat Shadow Legend. Decent little swordfighter/puzzle game, not super long or very hard. Not hard to 100% the achievements- only ones I had to do post game was buying the axe and reading all the books, since I didn't realize that was an achievement.

Final boss fight was suitably epic, even if the second phase didn't make much sense, with him sitting behind a wall doing nothing, giving you plenty of time to climb up and across to get to him.

Don't bother getting the alternate ending, all you get is a statue of yourself instead of the other and slightly different dialogue.

Also you can't sell weapons, despite them having a price, unless there's some way I missed, so they'll just sit in your inventory forever- the ones you have to grab for story purposes especially.

I've been playing the fuck out of the new Zelda game for the past week, and I highly recommend it. It's the perfect blend between the new Zelda games and the old ones. Open world, but it still has dungeons that kinda need to be done in order. There are three dungeons at the start that you can do in any order, then a fourth dungeon that opens up after them, then three more dungeons that open up that you can do in any order, and then an eighth dungeon. I'm assuming for that last part, since I haven't finished the second set of three yet. There's also a decent number of side-quests and mini-games.

The best part is, apparently they're planning to have two sets of Zelda games from now on. One with 3D, and a more classic top-down style. As someone who hated BotW and TotK, I have to say that this is some really welcome news.

Last edited:
I've been enjoying Echo's so far as well, I already found an unlimited money trick but you need a decent amount of skill and timing to pull it off and unlike some games (glances at Skyrim) it hasn't ruined everything for me because money is not a game breaker even at higher amounts. Making my way to the third dungeon and I have to say, Beds are OP.

In terms of travel, they allow you to get far and high pretty easily even at the start of the game. They can be used to heal up, allowing you to save Smoothies for boss fights or for their effects with the only real cost being time. There are even tiers of beds and they can heal more at the same rate as the base bed, the Base Bed is best for travel and platforming due to it's cost.

The Mango Run Mini-game at the Gerudo Desert Oasis gives you Tough Mangos for 'harvesting' a certain minimum depending on the difficulty you pick and a single run will turn a profit if the mangos are sold if you get a perfect score, even at the lowest and easiest difficulty. A long as you can win two mangos from the minigame, you'll turn a profit.

Really liking the accessory system they have set up, looking forward to seeing what more stuff I can get to use.

I've been enjoying Echo's so far as well, I already found an unlimited money trick but you need a decent amount of skill and timing to pull it off and unlike some games (glances at Skyrim) it hasn't ruined everything for me because money is not a game breaker even at higher amounts.
There's an echo you can get that makes monsters drop 10-ish rupees when it attacks them. I haven't tested whether it works with those termite hills that spawn bug monsters indefinitely but that might be something to look into.

Beds are great, but those won't get you over the huge cliffs. For that, you'll need the Crawltula and Bind+Follow (which I think you get almost right away?). You latch onto the spider and it crawls up the wall with you attached.

Also, you can climb over the trees if you haven't realized that yet.

I've been playing the fuck out of the new Zelda game for the past week, and I highly recommend it. It's the perfect blend between the new Zelda games and the old ones. Open world, but it still has dungeons that kinda need to be done in order. There are three dungeons at the start that you can do in any order, then a fourth dungeon that opens up after them, then three more dungeons that open up that you can do in any order, and then an eighth dungeon. I'm assuming for that last part, since I haven't finished the second set of three yet. There's also a decent number of side-quests and mini-games.

The best part is, apparently they're planning to have two sets of Zelda games from now on. One with 3D, and a more classic top-down style. As someone who hated BotW and TotK, I have to say that this is some really welcome news.

Are they actual and proper dungeons?

I'm a little wary of playing on my Steamdeck for too long, start getting radiation burns even when i have a fan cooler

Got any advice?

The flesh starts feeling extra sore and like it goes deeper

It's like when you r iPhone overheats in your hands and put the I your pockets

Radiation burns to an extent possibly
... That is not called a radiation burn, that's just heat burning you.

That said, you may need to clean out the vent.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back