• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

well this a bit disappointing to know, at best i could learn how to use the program by making a animated webshow with it or i practice with it and save up make a game with it someday.

How is it disappointing that you can use the engine for free if you aren't charging money, and only have to pay them based on what you make if you are? I'd think the whole no risk part would be extremely attractive to someone who is just starting out on making games.

Oh God, does anyone actually know how the fuck I can get Fallout New Vegas functioning on Windows 10?

I got the Ultimate Edition in the Humble Store for 10 bucks, but it keeps crashing before I can leave the doctor's office.
How is it disappointing that you can use the engine for free if you aren't charging money, and only have to pay them based on what you make if you are? I'd think the whole no risk part would be extremely attractive to someone who is just starting out on making games.
I dunno?

Guess he's sad that it isn't free?

Which would be a pretty dumb business model all things considered.

At least this way people looking to practice don't have to pay out the ass for something that may not pan out.

Smuthunter, does this thread apply to multiplayer callouts as well, or should I make that it's own thread?

I added UltimateGrr on Steam, but we just bumped into each other on Titanfall 2 yesterday, and I've played with Redon in Dark Souls 3 before.

It'd be nice to have a place to just toss out invites, and schedule meetups.

EDIT: Never mind about New Vegas, got it working.

Last edited:
Oh God, does anyone actually know how the fuck I can get Fallout New Vegas functioning on Windows 10?

I got the Ultimate Edition in the Humble Store for 10 bucks, but it keeps crashing before I can leave the doctor's office.

PC specs?

I fixed it.

I got ahead of myself and added the texture replacement mod like a jackass.

Deleted everything, reinstalled, fixed.

And my hardware is great.

Something in the actual software is fucked though.

No viruses or anything, but my father has an Nvidia 980 Ti and runs Mass Effect Andromeda fantastic, while my Nvidia 1080 is getting between 3-30 frames.

I am the bone of my salt.

Gonna have to find my old disc, and completely reinstall Windows.

Yokelie dokelie fellow gamer.

i7-4790K

With a 1080 and that you should have no issues... hrm...

Check NVIDIA control panel and turn everything to performance. If you see DSR, turn it off. Then make sure your CPU isn't thermal throttling. Finally, turn off any overclock you have, as unstable OCs can hurt performance without actually crashing.

558263988_NkyXZ-2100x20000.jpg

I need to know!

Right click shortcut and try it in Win7 compatability mode.
My water cooler got fucked somehow.

The fans were spinning, but the cpu shot up to 100 degrees.

Thermal throttling kept it there, and it was an absolute bitch.

But I've got a new water cooler now, and all is well.

Andromeda isn't playing like overcooked, overripe shit, so that's nice.

Time to graphics mod the shit out of New Vegas and F4.

So many things to do now that my computer is healthy once more.

I don't know why, but I keep getting the urge to begin constructing groundwork for a Sekirei Species mod for Stellaris.

And not in a half-assed way either with portraits of the species ripped from still renders of the anime. I'm talking full on ambition with animated character portraits, ship designs, weaponry, ascension perks, traits, and a cohesive narrative to piece it all together.

Beyond that, I have no specific direction where it can go. I have no idea how I'll do it, as I can't draw, model, or animate worth shit, let alone code stuff like that into a game. I may be able to compose a passable narrative for it, but as of now, it's just a desire floating around in my head. A dream. I know the details are at bare minimum, but something tells me I may be able to pull it off somehow. Don't know how or why I feel I can, I just feel like it could potentially happen. Strange.

I don't know why, but I keep getting the urge to begin constructing groundwork for a Sekirei Species mod for Stellaris.
Maybe you should pull the trigger and give it a try. You'll learn something, even if you fail.

Personally, I've been waffling on actually breaking out and learning to use the Shadowrun level editor and doing a custom campaign, so maybe once I've beaten PoE to my satisfaction I'll take a stab at it.

Maybe you should pull the trigger and give it a try. You'll learn something, even if you fail.

Personally, I've been waffling on actually breaking out and learning to use the Shadowrun level editor and doing a custom campaign, so maybe once I've beaten PoE to my satisfaction I'll take a stab at it.

True that.

Though admittedly a task this huge would have to be a multi-person effort if it's going to get done in any reasonable amount of time. Gotta develop the story, find artists, etc. Till then I'll hold on to the dream and jot down some concepts when they occur to me.

So why isn't anyone here talking about the steam summer sale?

I have been playing SS13, specifically Colonial Marines since that game doesn't need a rich class computer.

Speaking of steam sales, Senran Kagura showed up in my steam discovery cue. Anyone know if it's worth playing? It appears to be an extremely fanservicy hack and slash game, which would normally be setting off alarm bells, but it's reviews are surprisingly good - 95% positive. Is anyone here familiar with it?

Speaking of steam sales, Senran Kagura showed up in my steam discovery cue. Anyone know if it's worth playing? It appears to be an extremely fanservicy hack and slash game, which would normally be setting off alarm bells, but it's reviews are surprisingly good - 95% positive. Is anyone here familiar with it?
I've watched Let's Plays of a few of the games, and depending on the game, the story can be rather good (Shinovi Versus is probably my favorite). It's always very fan service heavy, since the girls can lose their clothing as a game mechanic, and many wear very fanservicy outfits.

I've watched Let's Plays of a few of the games, and depending on the game, the story can be rather good (Shinovi Versus is probably my favorite). It's always very fan service heavy, since the girls can lose their clothing as a game mechanic, and many wear very fanservicy outfits.
Huh. I might give that a try then; Shinovi Versus is 20 bucks right now.

Just started playing an emulation of Xenoblade Chronicles X on my laptop, it runs pretty fucking well most of the time and the world looks and feels epic.

Problems are most of the aspects of sound apart from the effects are quiet, voices coming in second loudest and music something that sneaks up on you until you suddenly realise its there.

All in all I haven't been this absorbed in a game for a long time.

I'd like to step in and make a recommendation:

Go find the Slender game. the eight pages one, on steam. No, not that game.

The Devs released a new game- Valley- and it's pretty inexpensive at 20 USD, and it's phenomenal. I say that sincerely. The game is amazing. It's beautiful to look at, the controls are smooth and responsive, the mechanics are solid and well-thought-out, and while the story's not the greatest, the story's not bad at all.

I can honestly say I would have paid 20 more for the game. Admittedly I got it on Summer Sale, but still.

It's polished, it's clever, it's fun. Go check it out.

EDIT: Also, the music is beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back