• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Vote Thread for Ack's Omake Corner

[X] Hostage Situation - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] MirrorVerse - 3
[X] NSW - 0
[X] One More Trigger - 2
[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Slippery Slope - 1
[X] Wyvern - 0

Can I just ask why a bunch of people keep liking my 'Voting List'?

Didn't really think it was anything special, and I'm curious why people are liking it...

I haven't Liked yours, but my strategy is to Like anyone who puts Slippery Slope in their top 3. C'mon, people, we can't just leave it at the cliffhanger of Nazi Taylor getting punched in the face by an angry ex!

Reactions: Ack
Can I just ask why a bunch of people keep liking my 'Voting List'?

Didn't really think it was anything special, and I'm curious why people are liking it...
Probably what you're voting on. For instance, MirrorVerse doesn't get a whole lot of votes, and you put it in your top two.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Hostage Situation - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

DAMN IT ACK. STOP IT.

On one hand, I want you to focus on your existing stories.

On the other hand, every time you start a new story, it's fantastic.

On another hand, I personally don't really enjoy all of your OC stories.

On a only-related-to-the-last-hand hand, that's probably because most of them aren't very long yet.

On another hand, if I told you to focus on existing stories a while ago and you listened, we wouldn't have Wyvern.

There's a point where you have so many hands that you need to sit back, relax, and read fanfiction. To be precise, Ack fanfiction.

Okay, first time voting on this thing... let me see if I have this right.

[X] Another Way (It's not on the list, but the first chapter was just posted) - 6
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 5
[X] Confrontation II - 4
[X] Wyvern - 3
[X] Slippery Slope - 2
[X] Recoil - 1

[X] Another Way (It's not on the list, but the first chapter was just posted) - 6
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 5
[X] Confrontation II - 4
[X] Wyvern - 3
[X] Slippery Slope - 2
[X] Recoil - 1
it's such a sweet effort, that i'm not going to ask him to change it to a -6 for MirrorVerse.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 5
[X] Confrontation II - 4
[X] Wyvern - 3
[X] Slippery Slope - 2
[X] Recoil - 1
If a story isn't on the list yet, votes for it probably won't count.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 5
[X] Confrontation II - 4
[X] Wyvern - 3
[X] Slippery Slope - 2
[X] Recoil - 1

Welcome to the vote!!!

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 5
[X] Confrontation II - 4
[X] Wyvern - 3
[X] Slippery Slope - 2
[X] Recoil - 1
Welcome!

Two problems with your vote:
1: Another Way is not on the voting list, if your vote remains as it is, the 6 voting points will be applied to whichever story got the least number of votes this round (I'm sure Nemesis will thank you, lol j/k pepperjack).

2: Ack doesn't count the votes himself, he has some software that does it. The software is rather picky. Some examples:
[X] MirrorVerse - 1
[X] Mirrorverse - 1
Caps.
[X] Slippery Slope - 6
[x] Slippery Slope - 6
Capitalized 'X'
[X] Wyvern - 5
[X] Wyvern-5
[X]Wyvern - 5
[X]Wyvern- 5
Spacing.
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Recoil - 3 (please update this)
Additional text.

In all these examples, only the top one will be read correctly by Ack's software, the rest will show up in different results sections, and force Ack to manually fix the votes to get an accurate tally. As you can imagine, this cuts into his writing time, so we try to avoid doing this.

Also, ANY BB-code around the vote will make Ack's software ignore it. This means don't use ANY formatting options.

If you have anything to talk about related to the vote, do it after your vote, not as part of the vote.

[X] Confrontation II - 6
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Slippery Slope - 2
[X] War Games - 1

[X] Bait & Switch - 1
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 2
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X] Danny & Taylor - 4
[X] Really Bad End - 5
[X] Wyvern - 6

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 1
[X] Trump Card - 4
[X] All Alone - 5
[X] One More Trigger - 2
[X] NSW - 3

[X] Meet the Heberts - 6
[X] NSW - 5
[X] Really Bad End - 4
[X] Confrontation II - 3
[X] Hostage Situation - 2
[X] Wyvern - 1

[X] NSW - 6
[X] Hostage Situation - 5
[X] Wyvern - 4
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X] I, Panacea - 2
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 1

I feel kind of bad for messing with the vote outcome ordering now.

Say... Ack, have there ever been any tied votes? And what happens in such an occurrence? I need to know for... reasons...

Reactions: Ack
My new story Another Way (which is not in the voting list, sorry) has been revised quite a bit.

Still working on I, Panacea.
Does fanfiction.net take a while to update, or have you just not updated that version yet?

The chapter here doesn't seem to have the second author's note, nor does it seem updated in any other way, is all. I can just read it on Sufficient Velocity, of course, but I was just thinking.

Fanfiction.net is down, as far as I can see. The original version is there, but I can't get on to update it.

More precisely, I can't get to the edit screen.

Fanfiction.net is down, as far as I can see. The original version is there, but I can't get on to update it.
That's really weird - it's working for me currently, and http://isitdown.co.uk/ seems to work fine for it. I suppose that could just be because I'm in the UK? Oh well. The problem at least seems to be closer to your end.

Well, hopefully it'll be back up for you soon anyway! The update was... fun. Nice and... extended. :p

Edit: Oh. That's stupid. I wonder what happened.

Last edited:
That's really weird - it's working for me currently, and http://isitdown.co.uk/ seems to work fine for it. I suppose that could just be because I'm in the UK? Oh well. The problem at least seems to be closer to your end.

Well, hopefully it'll be back up for you soon anyway! The update was... fun. Nice and... extended. :p

Its just the user specific parts that are down like the Login screen and favorites and stuff

[X] I, Panacea - 6
[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] Hostage Situation - 4
[X] Wyvern - 3
[X] Recoil - 2
[X] Security! - 1

[X] NSW - 6
[X] Danny & Taylor - 5
[X] Wyvern - 4
[X] Meet the Heberts - 3
[X] Security! - 2
[X] Trump Card - 1

[X] Hostage Situation - 6
[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] One More Trigger - 4
[X] Wyvern - 3
[X] Confrontation II - 2
[X] Nemesis - 1

[X] Security! - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] One More Trigger - 4
[X] Trump Card - 3
[X] War Games - 2
[X] Wyvern - 1

Just to prove that I'm a sucker for punishment, here's a spin-off story from Another Way. It's taken from an omake that asks "What if he didn't manage to get in the way?"

Still working on I, Panacea. I promise.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Vene
Back