• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Vote Thread for Ack's Omake Corner

Past that point, rounds-to-win are:

Alea Iacta Est: 4
All Alone: 20
Bait & Switch: 22
Confrontation II: 18
Danny & Taylor: 1
Hostage Situation: 7
I, Panacea: 12
Junior Hero: 6
Meet the Heberts: 16
MirrorVerse: 12
NSW: 15
Nemesis: 12
One More Trigger: 7
Really Bad End: 41
Recoil: 10
Security!: 1
Slippery Slope: 16
Trump Card: 7
War Games: 4
Wyvern: 1

Again, that's counting from Vote 98, not our most recent one.
This portion of your post always confuses me. You've got three stories with one round to win, two with four, one with six, three with seven... is it that the three marked as only needing one will in fact be spread out over the first three rounds, the two with four will update on the fourth and fifth, the three with seven will update on the seventh, eighth, and ninth, and so on?

Reactions: Ack
This portion of your post always confuses me. You've got three stories with one round to win, two with four, one with six, three with seven... is it that the three marked as only needing one will in fact be spread out over the first three rounds, the two with four will update on the fourth and fifth, the three with seven will update on the seventh, eighth, and ninth, and so on?
Those values are all automatically calculated. The spreadsheet looks at how many votes it's taken to win over the current span of predictions, compares that to how many votes a story has in the last predicted round and how rapidly it earns them, and uses that to estimate how many rounds it will take a story to hit that average vote-winning level. It's not very precise, especially since it's already based on ten rounds of predictions out from the latest vote.

Those values are all automatically calculated. The spreadsheet looks at how many votes it's taken to win over the current span of predictions, compares that to how many votes a story has in the last predicted round and how rapidly it earns them, and uses that to estimate how many rounds it will take a story to hit that average vote-winning level.
So - effectively - yes, then.

Thank you for the clarification.

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 4
[X] Trump Card - 3
[X] Hostage Situation - 2
[X] Slippery Slope - 1

[X] Trump Card - 6
[X] Danny & Taylor - 5
[X] Bait & Switch - 4
[X] Hostage Situation - 3
[X] Confrontation II - 2
[X] Wyvern - 1

[X] Security! - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 4
[X] Confrontation II - 3
[X] Recoil - 2
[X] Wyvern - 1

[X] Meet the Heberts - 6
[X] Danny & Taylor - 5
[X] Really Bad End - 4
[X] Trump Card - 3
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 2
[X] Wyvern - 1

[X] I, Panacea - 6
[X] Security! - 5
[X] Trump Card - 4
[X] Wyvern - 3
[X] Hostage Situation - 2
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 1

I guess it's vote time again. Man how time flies since.....SUNDAY?!?! Man that's fast...Interesting....and don't tire yourself out too much Ack, "Rest is good for the blood" and all that.
I shall thank you every time I vote so that I never take you for granted, for all that you do for us, your readers

Thanks again, O Glorious One, Ack.

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Meet the Heberts - 5
[X] NSW - 4
[X] Trump Card - 3
[X] Danny & Taylor - 2
[X] Security! - 1
[_] One More Trigger - 0
[_] All Alone - 0

The whole point of me making an account here - an attempt to get more chapters of Wyvern :p
Would you be willing to set up a trade? I will put Wyvern as my - 2 vote every round from here on out, and in exchange you put MirrorVerse as your - 2. I would even be willing to start this round since I actually enjoy Wyvern somewhat.

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 4
[X] I, Panacea - 3
[X] Wyvern - 5
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] Bait & Switch - 1

[X] Slippery Slope - 6
[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] Hostage Situation - 4
[X] Recoil - 3

Awesome job with all your stuff Ack. I've binge read a few of your fanfics this month, and just might have solely made an account to upvote Slippery Slope in order to resolve that cliffhanger...

[X] Bait & Switch - 1
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 2
[X] Wyvern - 3
[X] One More Trigger - 4
[X] Danny & Taylor - 5
[X] Really Bad End - 6

Would you be willing to set up a trade? I will put Wyvern as my - 2 vote every round from here on out, and in exchange you put MirrorVerse as your - 2. I would even be willing to start this round since I actually enjoy Wyvern somewhat.

Sorry, but the one time I tried to read Mirrorverse, I couldn't stand it. Not sure what it was, but the whole story was a major turn-off for me.

[X] Hostage Situation - 6
[X] Wyvern - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[] War Games - 0
[X] MirrorVerse - 2
[X] NSW - 1
[X] Recoil - 3
[] One More Trigger - 0
[] Slippery Slope - 0

[X] Wyvern - 6
[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] Recoil - 4
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 3
[X] War Games - 2
[X] Hostage Situation - 1

Sorry, but the one time I tried to read Mirrorverse, I couldn't stand it. Not sure what it was, but the whole story was a major turn-off for me.

Give a chance to read its latest chapter, skipping all the previous ones. I was also utterly uninterested in the story until the situation present in the latest chapter was introduced (becoming cleat it would be the case in the chater before that). I actually think that would have been a good place for Ack to have started the entire story.

Give a chance to read its latest chapter, skipping all the previous ones. I was also utterly uninterested in the story until the situation present in the latest chapter was introduced (becoming cleat it would be the case in the chater before that). I actually think that would have been a good place for Ack to have started the entire story.
Well, to be honest, originally it was just a fun crack fic where I could really play with stretching SoD like silly putty. Now .. shit's getting serious :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back