• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Vote Thread for Ack's Omake Corner

Also, because IIRC it's pretty close to being finished anyway.
The way I understand it, round 116 came just after it won (which pulled the vote down a bit), Ack said he intended to update it much faster (which pulled the vote down a lot), and my (unknowing) last-moment vote change in favor of its main opponent was the last straw.

If anything, it being close to the ending should have made it vote count higher.

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Wyvern - 5
[X] Trump Card - 4
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 3
[X] I, Panacea - 2
[X] War Games - 1

Up for voting and I'd like to see it, just not quite enough to get a vote this time...
[] Hostage Situation
[] One More Trigger
[] All Alone

Not up for voting but I'd still like to see it:
[] Entanglement
[] Price of Blood
[] Slippery Slope
[] MirrorVerse
[] I'm HALPING!
[] It Gets Worse
[] One Bad Day

Also, because IIRC it's pretty close to being finished anyway.
Yeah, that's one of the reasons Ack has given for turning a reader vote of "we don't want to see any more of this for the time being" into "updates every voting round".

Reactions: Ack
Quick question, did Ack state the reason Slippery Slope is not up for voting elsewhere? I'm guessing either it's a story he wants to update on his own terms, it's been recently updated, or he doesn't feel like writing more.
Currently, for each voted on chapter, a chapter of Slippery Slope is being written as well. This will continue until Slippery Slope is completed. IIRC Ack said it was going to be around 26 chapters long.

Part of the reason was Slippery Slope was actually one of Ack's most popular fics at the time it 'won' the "least voted on story" prize, mostly due to having just gotten an update and everyone putting their votes on other things, sure Slippery Slope wouldn't lose it's spot on the voting list. Even Ack acknowledged its loss was an aberration.

Another part was Ack had apparently just figured out where he was going with the fic in conversations with his beta, so he had a solid plan to follow for writing it.

[X] War Games - 6
[X] Recoil - 5
[X] Trump Card - 4
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 3
[X] I, Panacea - 2
[X] All Alone - 1

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 3
[X] War Games - 2
[X] Wyvern - 1
[] One More Trigger -
[] All Alone -
[] Junior Hero - 0
[] Hostage Situation -

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 4

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Confrontation II - 4
[X] Hostage Situation - 3

Okay, story update. My beta isn't well atm, but she should be good in a couple of days (specifically, in about 40 hours), which is when I can post not one but two chapters: one for Price of Blood and one for It Gets Worse.

I am working on Slippery Slope, but I was a little stalled on it, so I hit those two up instead; I'll be getting back to it now.

After that, I'll do one for Trump Card.

Update to the update to the update:

Price of Blood is up, but my beta has told me that It Gets Worse could be a lot better (and I tend to agree) so she's cracking the whip over me until I actually apply myself properly to it. (The story is there, but the framing needs propping up).

So, maybe 24 hours. If not then, it'll be Saturday.

[X] Confrontation II - 6
[X] War Games - 5
[X] One More Trigger - 4

[X] Wyvern - 6
[X] Recoil - 5
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 4
[X] I, Panacea - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] I'm HALPING! - 1

Okay, update.

Apologies for two things:

1) I'm putting Slippery Slope on temporary hiatus until the American political situation has calmed down (due to themes in that fic which hew uncomfortably closely to real life).
2) I didn't manage to put enough work into Trump Card to have a working chapter by this weekend. Next publishing date is Saturday next.

So on we go.

Laterz.

*Hugs the Ack.* You do you and no worries totally understand that.

1) I'm putting Slippery Slope on temporary hiatus until the American political situation has calmed down (due to themes in that fic which hew uncomfortably closely to real life).
Incredibly disappointing, but understandable. The thread on SB has gotten vitriolic before, I'd hate to see what it could become now.

It's a shame, a perfect story that tells us that even in a world of superpowers, that even "Normals" can manipulate and seduce an outcast into joining the fringe groups of society.

I think there is a word for that, i don't think it's an allegory. but I guess I can use the word epic to describe slippery slope.

Last edited:
Can you please elaborate?

Given recent events in Charlottesville VA that RL Neo-Nazis & their fellow travelers had a notable role in, the reactions of a certain public figure to said events, and how charged discourse concerning that subject has become on both SB & SV (the SB thread on that situation has been permalocked after several locks for reviews and countless warnings and infractions,) updating a story that prominently features Neo-Nazis in a not-necessarily-bad light because of how the protagonist gets mixed up with them this soon afterwards could end up being problematic in a way that'd end up requiring mod intervention depending on how the commentary on the story goes.

Aw, darn. Nazi's ruin everything, don't they. :( And I liked Remote's altpower a lot, too. ;)

On on the other hand, there ain't nothing like Trump Card! :)

Could always run it by the mods first, see if they are willing to risk it with close moderation, or if they agree that chapters should be held off for a bit. Personally I'm finding the whole thing morbidly hilarious that all the protesting around here, here being the US not QQ, is starting to sound like crowds of the very groups they are protesting.

Could always run it by the mods first, see if they are willing to risk it with close moderation, or if they agree that chapters should be held off for a bit. Personally I'm finding the whole thing morbidly hilarious that all the protesting around here, here being the US not QQ, is starting to sound like crowds of the very groups they are protesting.
I don't think Ack's worried about angering the Mods, I think he's just not comfortable or enthusiastic about writing it in the current situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back