• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Vote Thread for Ack's Omake Corner

[X] NSW - 5
[X] Danny & Taylor - 4
[X] Security! - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] I, Panacea - 1
[X] War Games

I'm seriously only the third vote for Slippery Slope? C'mon people, the story is AMAZING!!!

So Ack, guess you dropped the plan to have Nemesis fill in for the first completed story, and Slippery Slope fill in for the second completed story...

OK, so Aftermath is done; Brian & Aisha should be done with the next vote or two; and I think you said Confrontation is one chapter away from completion as well. Anything else close to completion? Because it's looking like it might be longer than I thought before we (I) can get some Slippery Slope chapters...
Security! will be finishing up in the next five or six chapters, I think (aiming for 50, not promising anything).

[X] Recoil - 5
[X] Trump Card - 4
[X] Junior Hero - 3
[X] NSW - 2
[X] Security! - 1

[X] The Slippery Slope

[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] Confrontation - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] I, Panacea - 2
[X] One More Trigger - 1

[X] War Games

[X] Security! - 5
[X] Trump Card - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] I, Panacea - 2
[X] Confrontation -1

[X[ War Games

Last edited:
Vote 43: One More Trigger
Thanks, as always, for voting.

Note that any BBcode at all around the vote will invalidate it. This includes quoting a previous vote, and applying font changes.

User errors:
mistfist seemed to think that Aftermath was continuing. I have applied those points to the lowest scoring story for this round, which happens to be Bait & Switch. It thanks you.
thyrfa and JMHthe3rd wrote in Confrontation as Complications. This is not the first time this has happened. Please get it right.
B.B. Rain neglected to add voting points for I, Panacea, so I had to go and look at the vote. I fixed it. This time :p
Also, screwed up vote for War Games. (bracket the wrong way around)
thyrfa inadvertently voted twice. This nullifies the first vote. Pretty sure you didn't want that.

New Story
Now that Aftermath has been completed, another story will be taking its place. The votes were:
All Alone: 14
Nemesis: 4
Slippery Slope: 4
War Games: 14

Which led to a sort of dilemma. I have resolved it by picking the earlier of the two stories; War Games was posted on June 6, as opposed to June 14 for All Alone.

However, a closer examination (and a manual count) has also revealed that there were fifteen votes for War Games, which makes it the democratic choice. Woo.

And so, without further ado, let's welcome War Games to the official story lineup. (And as a bonus, it gets 14 votes to start it off with).

All Unaware 404
Bait & Switch 8
Brian & Aisha 465
Confrontation 203
Danny & Taylor 432
I, Panacea 385
Junior Hero 236
MirrorVerse 299
NSW 348
One More Trigger 0 (553)
Really Bad End 274
Recoil 369
Security! 429
Trump Card 204
War Games 14

[If you want to know which of these stories is NSFW, check the first post of the thread..]

Following those two favourites, it looks like Brian & Aisha (the last chapter), and by that time,Recoil or maybe Security! may be in the running again.

Danny & Taylor has hit the 400s, but then, so has Security!, and I, Panacea isn't far behind, and nor is Recoil.

Anyway, thanks again for voting, and I hope you enjoy reading the stories as much as I enjoy writing them.

For anyone who hasn't voted on this thread before, the voting rules go as follows:

1) UP TO five votes. I will not count anything extra, and a write-in will likely be ignored (if I want to write a different story, I will, but at my own discretion). Suggestions are welcome, but I am under no obligation to carry them out. And just remember, the more stories I am writing, the longer it will take for your favourites to roll back around.
2) First vote is worth five points, second is worth four, and so on.
3) You can't vote twice on the same story. First vote is the only one that counts.
4) If I say "Voting is CLOSED", then this post comes up, with "Voting is OPEN" at the bottom, then you can vote again.
5) If I say "Voting will continue", it's still the same voting period. Voting has not restarted. You can not vote a second time.

Vote format looks like this:

[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Specifically: SQUARE brackets around an X, one space, and please spell at least the first word of the name of the story properly. Number of voting points comes last. Please try to format your vote properly, so as not to confuse the vote counter.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
[X] War Games - 5
[X] NSW - 4
[X] Security! - 3
[X] Danny & Taylor - 2
[X] Recoil - 1

[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] Junior Hero - 4
[X] War Games - 3
[X] Security! - 2
[X] I, Panacea - 1

[X] Recoil - 5
[X] Brian & Aisha - 4
[X] Danny & Taylor - 3
[X] Security! - 2
[X] I, Panacea - 1

[X] Security! - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] Confrontation - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] One More Trigger - 1

New Story
Now that Aftermath has been completed, another story will be taking its place. The votes were:
All Alone: 14
Nemesis: 4
Slippery Slope: 4
War Games: 14
I don't know about the rest of them, but I counted 5 votes for Slippery Slope...

[X] Recoil - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] Confrontation - 3
[X] War Games - 2
[X] Trump Card - 1

[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] Recoil - 4
[X] Security! - 3
[X] Confrontation - 2
[X] War Games - 1

[X] NSW - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4