• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Vote Thread for Ack's Omake Corner

Added a new page to the spreadsheet, which attempts to estimate winners of the next 10 votes based on how many votes a story currently has, and how many it gained in the last vote. Please keep in mind these are ESTIMATES -- it assumes everyone votes the same as they did last time, which they almost certainly will not.

If Wyvern keeps up its current rate-of-votes, it'll update 3 times before any other story manages to update twice.

Added a new page to the spreadsheet, which attempts to estimate winners of the next 10 votes based on how many votes a story currently has, and how many it gained in the last vote. Please keep in mind these are ESTIMATES -- it assumes everyone votes the same as they did last time, which they almost certainly will not.

If Wyvern keeps up its current rate-of-votes, it'll update 3 times before any other story manages to update twice.

My personal system is that the number of votes a story on my personal voting rotation gets depends on how long it's been since it won a vote. For example, One More Trigger got one vote this round because it just won the last vote. If, as I expect, Wyvern wins this round, then it will get one vote on the next round and One More Trigger will get two votes, and so on.

Reactions: Ack
My personal system is that the number of votes a story on my personal voting rotation gets depends on how long it's been since it won a vote. For example, One More Trigger got one vote this round because it just won the last vote. If, as I expect, Wyvern wins this round, then it will get one vote on the next round and One More Trigger will get two votes, and so on.
That's similar to how I do it. Stories with the least current votes get the most, except for NSW and MtH, which I always put at the top because they don't get as many votes as his SFW stuff.

After a few more rounds I'll start using a running average of the last few votes, instead of just the most recent. Can't really do that right now since a whole bunch of stories have only been in the running for a short time.

Reactions: Ack
[X] Hostage Situation - 6
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 5
[X] Trump Card - 4
[X] Bait & Switch - 3
[X] One More Trigger - 2
[X] Meet the Heberts - 1

Not seeing a problem with this, honestly.

[X] Meet the Heberts - 6
[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] NSW - 4
[X] Wyvern - 3
[X] Hostage Situation - 2
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 1

Last edited:
How do the numbers change if you use the mean of the past X votes?
Some of them would change substantially.

Wyvern, for example, earned 190 and 193 in the last two votes, but only 139 in the one before that -- and that's all it's had. Right now I'm only taking the last vote. If I averaged the last 2 votes, Wyvern would be going up by 191.5 per round instead of 190. But if I took the last 3 votes, it would fall to 174, and even further if I started counting rounds before it was added to the list. Take 4 rounds and it drops to 130.5, take 5 rounds and it drops to 104.4 -- lower than it's come in any of its actual votes so far. Averaging up to 4 rounds doesn't slow it down enough to change the predicted outcome of the next round, but if I averaged 5 then Trump Card could narrowly beat it out in Vote 61.

What I may do is start averaging all rounds since the 6 newest stories were added, and just keep adding more to the average as I go. That would probably give us a better idea of how things are going to go overall.

Edit: Recalculated based on the average of the last 3 votes. New order looks to be Wyvern, Trump Card, AIE, I, Panacea, War Games, Wyvern again, Recoil, NSW, Security!, Trump Card again. But again, voting trends may shift as stories win.

Last edited:
[X] Hostage Situation - 6
[X] Security! - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X] Recoil - 2
[X] Wyvern - 1

[X] Bait & Switch - 6
[X] Wyvern - 5
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 4
[X] Confrontation II - 3
[X] All Alone - 2