• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Vote Thread for Ack's Omake Corner

Jim/Ack/whoever, how many voters do we have now? Seems like an interesting statistic to have on the spreadsheet, see how the audience grows (or has grown?).

This idea doesn't really interest me to be honest. But then, I'm a vanilla guy (and not super into the smut scene). I'd take a nice and simple Silencio-esque Taylor/Lisa fic over pretty much anything else at this point. I'd write one myself if it wasn't such a difficult pairing to do justice. And if I wasn't so lazy. Best of luck getting it written, though.

This idea doesn't really interest me to be honest. But then, I'm a vanilla guy (and not super into the smut scene). I'd take a nice and simple Silencio-esque Taylor/Lisa fic over pretty much anything else at this point. I'd write one myself if it wasn't such a difficult pairing to do justice. And if I wasn't so lazy. Best of luck getting it written, though.

Mr_John - Headaches
Christmas mini-sequel

Enjoy.

Reactions: Ack
Jim/Ack/whoever, how many voters do we have now? Seems like an interesting statistic to have on the spreadsheet, see how the audience grows (or has grown?).
Just added it to mine. And it looks like last vote we had 64 voters and the spreadsheet is predicting a new voter each round.

Here's (interactive chart in link) what my spreadsheet is doing for predicting vote gains:
M2EiM0e.jpg

The straight lines are where I'm predicting the votes, which should model trends better than just taking the average.

Last edited:
Just added it to mine. And it looks like last vote we had 64 voters and the spreadsheet is predicting a new voter each round.
It's been part of mine for a while; down at the bottom of the "Vote Differences" sheet. Mine concurs that we had 64 voters last round, and in fact we've had 60+ voters all this month. Voter count made a big jump up, back when Ack introduced a bunch of stories at once and raised the vote limit to 6. Before that we were slowly moving up from 30-ish votes around into the 40s, but then we jumped straight into the 60s and 50s and haven't gone back down since.

Mind you, this isn't a precise count. What I'm doing is taking the total number of votes cast for all stories, and dividing them by how many votes a single person can cast (i.e. 6+5+4+3+2+1 = 21). But this can get thrown off if someone doesn't cast all of their votes; say, they only vote 6 for their favorite story to ensure it gets ahead of the rest. So the actual number may be a little bit higher.

Here's (interactive chart in link) what my spreadsheet is doing for predicting vote gains:

The straight lines are where I'm predicting the votes, which should model trends better than just taking the average.

I can't help but notice that Slippery Slope isn't on the chart. :p

[X] Wyvern - 6
[X] Slippery Slope - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Hostage Situation - 3
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 2
[X] I, Panacea - 1

Given how far ahead Security is, I'm not really seeing the need to waste a vote on it if it'll get zeroed out in the next round. Still qualifies as what I'd like to see a chapter of next, but this round I wanted to give a leg up to the other fics further behind.

Honestly, I was satisfied with canon. Nobody feels the pain of the hedgehog's dilemma more acutely than Tats, and her power makes everyone else into super-mega-hedgehogs. Going out on a limb and putting as much trust in Taylor as she did in canon was probably the closest thing she could have to a deep and meaningful relationship, IMO.

[X] Wyvern - 6
[X] War Games - 5
[X] Recoil - 4
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 3
[X] Confrontation II - 2
[X] Slippery Slope - 1

Given how far ahead Security is, I'm not really seeing the need to waste a vote on it if it'll get zeroed out in the next round. Still qualifies as what I'd like to see a chapter of next, but this round I wanted to give a leg up to the other fics further behind.

B-but I was getting so excited about making the best story get super duper high...

Reactions: Ack
[X] War Games - 6
[X] Meet the Heberts - 5
[X] Wyvern - 4
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] I, Panacea - 1

[X] Hostage Situation - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 3
[X] MirrorVerse - 4
[X] NSW - 2
[X] One More Trigger - 0