• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Vote Thread for Ack's Omake Corner

So how did Danny & Taylor manage to shoot ahead of Recoil in the voting predictions?
Funny story, that. Neither one of those two has dropped much; in fact, Recoil brought in 20 votes more than predicted last round. But Slippery Slope, which was previously projected to win in Vote 94, has been underperforming the last couple rounds. It got 20 votes less than predicted in Vote 92 and 13 less in Vote 93. It was going to pull ahead of Danny & Taylor by Vote 94, but has now fallen far enough behind that D&T has kept its lead -- and just before Recoil would have pulled ahead itself.

Anyway, I suppose I should finally get around to my predictions.

As said above, Danny & Taylor is currently projected to win Vote 94 and Recoil Vote 95, but by very close margins -- only 11 votes for each of them. A determined vote-trader could probably shift things around if they wanted. Slippery Slope has, well, slipped back to Vote 96. It's unlikely to slide any further, though, as its margin is pretty solid at 70+. Likewise for Meet the Heberts in Vote 97.

Vote 98 is still a dead heat -- only the players have changed. What was previously a tie between I, Panacea and Confrontation II has shifted into a tie between I, Panacea and Security!. Whichever story winds up losing the contest will fall back to Vote 99, with Confrontation following up in Vote 100.

Regardless of how that plays out, the last three rounds now go the same either way: Wyvern takes Vote 101 by a whopping 300+ votes, Alea Iacta Est cruises to a win in Vote 102 by 60+, and One More Trigger just barely edges ahead of Trump Card to win Vote 103.

After that, the stories closest to updating are Trump Card at 1,400+, Hostage Situation, Junior Hero and War Games at 1,300+, Recoil at 1,200+, Nemesis at 1,100+, and finally Bait & Switch at 1,000.

Accuracy for Vote 93 was 95.69% overall, with an average difference between prediction and result of 12 votes. Most accurate in both categories was Nemesis, which came in exactly on-target -- 100% accurate. Least accurate proportionally was recent winner Really Bad End, which only hit 55.56% of predicted votes. Least accurate in vote count was a toss-up between Really Bad End and War Games, though the directions were opposite -- RBE was 24 votes behind, while War Games was 24 votes ahead.

Last and most certainly least, we have Regent my vote:
[X] Meet the Heberts - 6
[X] NSW - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] War Games - 3
[X] One More Trigger - 2
[X] Recoil - 1

[X] Meet the Heberts - 5
[] Hostage Situation - 0
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 1
[] All Alone - 0
[X] Really Bad End - 2
[] Recoil - 0
[X] NSW - 3
[] Trump Card - 0
[X] Wyvern - 6
[] One More Trigger - 0
[X] Confrontation II - 4

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Junior Hero - 5
[X] Trump Card - 4
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X] Confrontation II - 2
[X] Really Bad End - 1

[X] Confrontation II - 6
[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] Hostage Situation - 4
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 3
[X] Wyvern - 2
[X] All Alone - 1

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] Wyvern - 5
[X] Trump Card - 4
[X] Hostage Situation - 3
[X] Slippery Slope - 2
[X] Junior Hero - 1

Last edited:
[X] Trump Card - 6
[X] Alea Iacta Est- 5
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Security! - 2
[X] I, Panacea - 1

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Trump Card - 5

Last edited:
[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Security! - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] Alea Iacta Est- 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] Are you afraid of the Dark? - 1

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] Are You Afraid of the Dark? - 3

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Security! - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] Alea Iacta Est- 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] Are you afraid of the Dark? - 1

tenchifew Visual Pun While I agree with you both on wanting Are You Afraid of the Dark added to the voting list, it hasn't been added yet. By adding the story now you just make sure another story gets the votes... a story like Really Bad End.

tenchifew Visual Pun While I agree with you both on wanting Are You Afraid of the Dark added to the voting list, it hasn't been added yet. By adding the story now you just make sure another story gets the votes... a story like Really Bad End.
yeah, give it to another undervoted Story like Nemesis or MirrorVerse.

Last edited:
You know, while Ack has stated this is what will happen in various places in this thread, I just realized that he never added it to the official rules in post 1. It would probably be a good idea for him to add it there.

yeah, give it to another undervoted quest like Nemesis or MirrorVerse.
Bah, you want under-voted; vote Junior Hero. If you want to read more of Ack's bad-ass crossovers, vote War Games.

Last edited:
[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Security! - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] Trump Card - 3
[X] Confrontation II - 2
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 1

[X] Trump Card - 6
[X] Security! - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Confrontation II - 2