• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Watched Alert Preferences on a thread by thread basis?

Konb

My life is いぬのきもちいい vol.001
Would happen to know a way to change which watched threads you can see gets a reply from?

Like for all my own quests I want to see every single reply and reply to them, but for other quests I just want to see when the OP posts a new content. Is there anyway I can chose what gets alerted on a thread by thread basis?

Would happen to know a way to change which watched threads you can see gets a reply from?

Like for all my own quests I want to see every single reply and reply to them, but for other quests I just want to see when the OP posts a new content. Is there anyway I can chose what gets alerted on a thread by thread basis?
Set alert preferences and make sure everything is checkmarked.
https://forum.questionablequesting.com/account/alert-preferences

And then go to preferences
https://forum.questionablequesting.com/account/preferences

Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...
  • and receive email notifications of replies
  • and receive OP email notifications
To ensure that you get thread creator' posts. Note that there IS a threshold of 500 words for it to alert you.

For your own threads.

Just unwatch and rewatch them and set it to "and receive e-mail notifications". Note that you'll ONLY get notifications/alerts for the first new response to the thread and nothing after that UNTIL you read said thread or mark it as read.

aye aye thanks!

Actually that's just what I have now and that doesn't work for me, since also like to check the threads p often so that makes the 'there might be more posts after this' thing reset, and then it clogs up my alerts which was my main problem, since if I want to keep the thread that aren't mine watched, I'm encouraged to not peek into the threads otherwise my alerts will be filled up and clogged again which was my main problem here, so I have to un watch ever thread if I want to keep my alerts clean.

It kinda works for creative writing works since I can just check in when the new chapter drops, but with questd when you want to vote and occasionally talk I end up going in.

Actually that's just what I have now and that doesn't work for me, since also like to check the threads p often so that makes the 'there might be more posts after this' thing reset, and then it clogs up my alerts which was my main problem, since if I want to keep the thread that aren't mine watched, I'm encouraged to not peek into the threads otherwise my alerts will be filled up and clogged again which was my main problem here, so I have to un watch ever thread if I want to keep my alerts clean.

It kinda works for creative writing works since I can just check in when the new chapter drops, but with questd when you want to vote and occasionally talk I end up going in.
If you do mark (such as NSFW forum) forums as read... it restarts alerts.

If you go into a subforum. At the top left, you have the option of "Mark Forums Read".

image.png

not sure what I'm looking for

I can't find it, could you screen shoot what I'm looking for?

image.png

So by marking all of questing read it I won't be alerted to watched threads when peaking in ?

image.png

So by marking all of questing read it I won't be alerted to watched threads when peaking in ?
It basically tells the site that you've "read" everything in that subforum.

Which means the next post in a thread you're watching will ping you with a new alert.

But I don't want to see the next post for a watched thread alert, but I do for my own thread was the initial premise

Users who are viewing this thread

Back