• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Witch's Envoy: Magia (PMMM/Meta)

Created at
Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

World's are fabricated by words, thoughts, feelings, and ideals. They are created, torn apart...

Reverent One

Getting sticky.
World's are fabricated by words, thoughts, feelings, and ideals. They are created, torn apart and tossed into the wind. It's the fate of all things. There are those that seek to protect the sanctity of these worlds. There are those that brave the forces of the world stealing 'witches' with their own lives on the line.

With Envoys, they fight against the unseen enemy.

Envoys? They're instruments, friends, pieces, allies. They can turn the 'world' anyway they please with their abilities to control the world's 'perspective'.

The Envoys must play by the 'world's' rules or else they'll be expunged. By any means necessary.

This goes for the opposing 'witch' as well as the one playing against her, Au Courant.

This is the formula for the witch's game.
This is why things are the way they are.
It starts with you.
But it will end with me.

This is where the war between joy and despair will unfold.

I keep staring out the window, watching the buildings fly on by. I see my reflection in the window. Golden eyes. Long, pink hair without those weird white ribbons. An appearance that was chosen for me because it was more 'apt' than any other. It was to gain the trust of someone, so it's a tool for another use.

What was my name again?

bSkVowQ.png

Faust Shinozaki.

Yeah, that's right. My name is Faust Shinozaki.

My job as an Envoy is to win. That's all I have to do is win… though I can already feel that this isn't going to be as easy as I make it out to be.

I don't even know how I'm supposed to 'win'. Do I fight something? Kill it? Win the day? "Phew." I look at my right hand to see that same gaudy ring. It has runic letters that seem to spell out something. There's a white-gemstone there too.

Right.
I'm a magical girl too.
Gotta play by the rules.

"Guh." I lean back on the non-too-comfortable seat as it comes to a stop.

Screeeech.

"Aahhh, pick better timing, will you?" I grunt while pulling myself up from the seat.

"Sorry, Ms." the driver talks says to me while the doors open up. It seems like the only reason he talked to me was because there was no one else on the train.

"It's alright." I give a smile back while taking a step outside. "Have a good day." the doors close with a clang then the train goes on its way. Now everything feels surreal.

Like I really don't belong here, but it's my job. Through thick or thin, I have to fulfill it.

I slap my face with both hands, take in a deep breath and walk down the steps into the hustling, bustling glass utopia of Mitakihara.

Walking through the busy streets really makes you think about the people that live here. About kind of jobs they lead, what kind of families they're raising. What their houses look like. What kind of things they treasure.

It really makes me wish I had those kind of things for myself.

Yeah, I should really stop with the self-deprecation. It's not going to help me accomplish my job any faster. To the contrary, it's going to slow me down if I start feeling like shit at a crucial moment. "Ahhhhhh." an exaggerated sigh as I heave my bag up on my shoulder. The goal right now is to head to school since I went through the trouble of actually getting this uniform ready and everything.

"Now where is it?" I look straight up to see… yes. A very large school building that looks reminiscent of a cathedral. What do these people spend their money on? That's what their schools look like? I'd really hate to see downtown now. Instead of dallying any further on the aesthetics of the Japanese people, I walk up to the school building.

There are people in ... wait, different uniforms walking beside me? The only thing the same here is the bags.

Oh well, not like I care. I walk up the steps and straight into the establishment without saying a word to anyone. I open the doors, walk into the hallway and-

I look straight down the hallway.

There's a girl with pink hair. The same tint as mine. Her eyes are pink. There are red ribbons in her hair.

"That's her." Au Courant says to me. "That's the one you have to protect."

"That's her? … Alright."

I throw back my own response. Then it all becomes clear. Why I look the way I do. I get it now.

I walk forward, down the hallway and...

[_] Introduce myself to her.
[_] Stay at a distance.
[_] Survey my surroundings.
[_] CUSTOM

[_] Introduce myself to her.
What is this crossed with?

Oh, nothing, just showing that there's 'Meta' points with the story. (As in things are going on behind the scenes of the story)

[ ] Introduce myself to her

[X] Introduce myself to her.

[X] Introduce myself to her.
-[X] Make small talk on how rare it is to see someone with the same shade of hair

[X] Survey my surroundings.

I have this Feeling. My Wild Homu senses are tingling.....

I should go on over to say 'hi'. If that's the person I'm going to be protecting from now on, I should at least say a few words to her. Now I have to think from her perspective. Would having a completely random stranger out of nowhere say "Hi, I'm going to be protecting you from now on! Let's get along!" work as an introduction?

Sure it wouldn't.

I look around to get a feel for where I'm at. Yes, this is the school. There are people attending it for higher education.

Upon further inspection.
Everyone has hair.
And eyes.
And noses.

Yes, indeed, everyone is human.

I start my walk on over to the 'protectee' while coming up with different scenarios to introduce myself with.

'Hey, it's a nice day to have pink hair, wouldn't you agree'?

"Hey, that's a good one." Au Courant interjects while I'm just a few feet away from her.

"What, you think so? Have you ever interacted with anyone else before now?"

"More than you have."

"That may be true," I say to them, "But still, don't you think that's still pretty awkward? I don't want her thinking I'm some kind of freak."

"Streamline it some more."

"Streamline it, you say." I take the thought into consideration. Yeah, if I warp it into an appropriate greeting, it can work. Okay, forge it like steel. Make it your own weapon of conversation!

"Yo, what's up?" I greet her with a grin.

"Smooth, Faust. Very smooth." now more belittling from the disembodied voice.

"Shut up, you." I reprimand the person that's supposed to be helping me while looking at this pinkette.

"Eh?" she turns her head to look at me. It seems she's taken aback by the extremely similar appearance.

"Madoka, what's up?" in my failure to actually observe the person that I was supposed to, she was walking with friends. One with short, blue hair and eyes to match and another with green. Though the latter has long, curly green hair. Her eyes meet mine.

I stop myself from having a panic attack, "A-ah yes, it's really strange that you see another person with the same shade of hair. I thought I'd come over and introduce myself. Hahaha…"

"You call that streamlined?"

"I'm doing my best here. That's all you're going to get!"

"Fine, fine, I'll leave the rest to you." Au Courant goes silent.

My mental image of myself isn't the best right now. I can see a crooked smile, twitchy eyes and a nervous glare.

"Ah, well, I guess it's true." the pink haired one gives me a nervous, affirming smile.

"That uniform…" greenie speaks up with her finger to her chin. "Are you from this school, Ms.? Are you lost?"

"Ah, no, I'm not, I'm sure this is Mitakihara Middle School." I swallow air. Man, it feels like I'm in the lion's den. Suffocating. Extremely suffocating.

"You're already violating the dress code. If you keep going, you're probably going to get in trouble."

"...Ah, yes, that's true. Yeah, I probably will." I say that with the best smile I can put on.

"Hm, are you a transfer student?" Oh crap. She found out. Is it already that obvious? Shit. Shit. ABORT.

"No, it's not game over, you dummy." Au Courant seems to have went back on their word about letting me handle it. "You're already tense. You were pretty calm before actually talking to anyone. Where did that bravado go?"

"Down the drain!"

"Alright here's what you need to do…"

[_] Tell Faust that she needs to calm down, keep cool, don't drop the spaghetti.
[_] Simply refuse 'greenie's help and act the part of a delinquent that doesn't need to follow the rules.
[_] Act more like a meek girl, maybe that'll net you more attention and, in the process, more leverage.
[_] Leave it up to Faust.
[_] Custom

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Tell Faust that she needs to calm down, keep cool, don't drop the spaghetti.

This isn't GameStop, Faust. Its going to be okay.

[X] Tell Faust that she needs to calm down, keep cool, don't drop the spaghetti.

[X] Custom, tell her to exclaim that you will be the girl that will befriend everyone at school, starting with the three in front of them, a perfect opportunity.

[X] Panic. "This isn't the school uniform?! I WAS LIED TO!"

[X] Act more like a meek girl, maybe that'll net you more attention and, in the process, more leverage.

"There's no need to panic. All you have to do is keep a straight face, a calm, collected facade and don't you drop the spaghetti."

"What was that last one?" What in the hell does she mean by that?

"Collective facade."

"Uh huh." Au Courant just completely avoided that. Fine, whatever, I'll do as they say.

"Also!" great, more suggestions that I probably won't need. "It could help you to be more excitable, more friendly but still meek." All of those together wouldn't make sense even if I was the best actor in the world. Instead of taking all that advice to heart, I'm just going to think about it as I play the part. "Also, you can't forget to make friends with the girls in front of you, as well as everyone else in the school."

"Like hell that's possible."

"How can you say that if you don't try?"

"I imagine if I try, I'm just going to embarrass myself than I already have."

"You call this embarrassment? You've never been stark nak-..." my observer stops talking for that brief moment. I have to admit, my curiosity is piqued.

"Go on." I smile, "There's nothing stopping you from continuing that train of thought."

"Nothing. Forget it." that's suspicious denial. "I plead the fifth."

"This isn't the United States."

"Beep. Beep. Beep." ah, now it really seems I'm on my own for the time being. Nice play off, Courant, nice play off.

"Y-yeah." I do my best to cover up the fact I hadn't said anything in a good while, "So apparently this isn't the uniform?" I scoff, "I was lied to!" I make sure to exaggerate my discontent with loud words.

"So, transfer student, what are you going to do?" speaks up the blue-haired girl.

"First get the correct uniform-... oh, I didn't tell you my name." I already muck up the first part of an introduction. "My name is Faust Shinozaki." I bow to cover up the fact that I suck at talking to people. "I'm a Second Year, fourteen years old."

"Miki Sayaka, same year." she greets me with a smile. "This is Madoka." she pats her (what I can presume) friend on the shoulder.

"I'm Shizuki Hitomi," she bows elegantly to me, "It's nice to meet you, Shinozaki-san." afterward this 'Hitomi' has a peculiar expression on her face.

"Is something wrong?" I put a hand to my waist.

"Oh, nothing." if there's one thing I can tell, it's when someone is trying to hide something. At least when they're bad at it.

"You can say whatever is on your mind. I don't get offended easily. I promise."

"I'm just wondering about your name is all. I didn't want to…" seems that she's fudging around for the right words to say.

"I get it." Is that all she was worried about? Man, that's a weird thing to get hung up on. "No worries. I mean, it's pretty obvious I'm not from around here."

"Yeah, Hitomi, just relax." Sayaka says with a smile. "Ah." she looks up to notice something amiss. "Homeroom is about to start. Come on, Madoka!" she grabs the pinkette's hand and jerks her.

"A-ah, Sayaka-chan, not so hard!" she whelps as her friend drags her along to their classroom.

Crap, now I feel bad for taking up their time.

"Uh, can you tell them I'm sorry? I didn't mean to soak up all of your time."

"No need to worry, you were in need of help so they'll understand." as she turns to walk away, she gives me one last glance. "You can try talking to the main office about your uniform issue. I'm sure they'll get you back on track." when she finishes up saying that, she walks on to follow in Sayaka's stead. That is - to their Homeroom.

"You handled that better than I thought you would." More criticism from the unseen eyes.

"Yeah, I guess I did." That was really weird. What was I spazzing out for?

"Seems like you were almost a natural. Keep it up!"

"I'll do what I can. No promises." After that I 'cut' the link between the two of us until I need it again. After cutting off communication, I hang my head. Pink hair clouds my vision. "Ugh…"

Really, what should I do?

I sincerely doubt anything worth protecting this 'Madoka' from will happen in the vicinity of this school.

[_] Stick around and observe.
[_] Go out and get the hang of this 'witch hunting' business.
[_] Not going to go to school, I'll just watch Madoka from afar.
[_] I should actually get a lay of the land before doing anything.
[_] Custom

[X] I should actually get a lay of the land before doing anything.

Smooth.

I should actually get a lay of the land before doing anything. If I just prattle about, complain about getting the wrong uniform and tripping up in speech then that time was spent wasted. "Alright, time go get a move on." I mentally slap myself to get into gear and get on my way to seriously look into my surroundings.

Mitakihara Middle School - Outside

The school itself is located near a river fork. Seems it was constructed next to another river and a bridge that hangs overhead. There are houses nearby too, plus that large walkway I trotted down on the way to the school. The school is a very large building though the facilities inside remain unknown to me. There's a large tower nearby, too, that could allow for someone to eavesdrop on a conversation if you should have one on the roof of the building.

… The more I look at the school, the more of a 'holy place' it seems. It's really creepy. Actually, very creepy.

"..." I feel a shiver go down my spine, "Okay, enough thinking for me. It's a bad habit." I figure the time right now is on 'late for class' as of this point. I spent a good twenty, thirty minutes looking around the location and imprinting them into my mind.

If something complicated happens, I now know where I need to run to.

"That should be good." I turn away then hear something 'rustle'.

My body tenses.
My hands clench.
My eyes dart around to find the source.

Oh, it's a bush.
A swaying bush, but I didn't feel a gust of wind.

"Huh."

Out of the corner of my eye, I see something. A gob of white. No, not particularly a gob but something of a cat. White hairs too.

"Faust!" Au Courant screams in my ear.

"Ahh.. yeah?" I wince in pain.

"Pursue it. Destroy it." well that order was certainly out of nowhere.

"Destroy it? Isn't it just an animal?"

"Pursue and destroy. Your mission depends on it."

[_] Alright. Sorry, furball.
[_] Are you sure about that?
[_] Could be a cat.
[_] Custom

[X] Alright. Sorry, furball.

[X] Are you sure about that?

[X] Alright. Sorry, furball.

[X] Yay! An excuse to destroy something white and furry!

"Are you sure about that?"

"Hundred percent."

"Alright then - beginning mission." I smile while running forward.

"Time for Faust to take center stage!" I raise my hand up into the air, causing the Soul Gem to blast with a powerful light.

A circle appears above me, spinning violently as the energy swirls up to collect into a larger 'gate'. The first circle falls around my knees, supplying the silhouette of my magical girl attire. The second one follows suit.

A red blouse decorates my upper body. A red ribbon ties itself around my neck. Frilly gloves appear on my hands. A white jacket with red trim extends just to my waist before cutting itself off. A white skirt branches out as I spin around. Lastly, black armored boots finish the cloth-... wait a second, this is all wrong.

As I say that, I look down to see my Soul Gem in the center of the ribbon at the base of my neck. Then just below that, my midriff is completely visible.

"Au Courant… why is my belly button visible? Also, where's my old magical girl outfit? The black armor, the red jacket. The only thing 'old' here are my boots. What gives?" I am NOT happy about this new costume change.

"You look cuter that way." answers the supposedly all-knowing ally of mine.

"Cuter? You call this cuter?"

"You're frillier at least."

"You know what, forget it, I'll cope." That is a bold-faced lie. I'm going to complain at every turn. Nothing will stop me.

I look around.

Yeah, it seems that no one actually saw me transform since everyone is paying attention in class. "Please tell me you didn't fiddle with my weapons." I say that to myself while summoning up the only blades I know how to 'make' at the moment.

A black, jagged sword appears in my left hand whose hilt extends into the actual 'blade'. In my other hand appears a white, slightly curved sword with runic letters running up the side. They're there on the 'black sword' which I like to call Dreadmoon too, just hard to read.

"Ah yes, my stylish swords are still the same. Just spiffier." after my self monologue, I sprint after the rat that Au Courant told me to kill.

Mitakihara - Near Mitakihara Middle School - Park

"Got you!" I finally caught up to the rabbit. Without so much as a word, I swing both swords like a scissor.

Plop.

The monster's head falls off. Well, not really monster, just a rabbit-thing.

"Done."

"Good, now go back to the school. Keep watch."

"Alright, got you." I dispel my magical girl form and return the Soul Gem back to being a ring. I mentally pat myself on the back for a job well done and return to the school.

Mitakihara Middle School - Outside

After the terribly easy mission of killing the seemingly harmless rabbit, I'm back at the school again

Since I'm already tardy for school, I don't have the correct uniform and I don't feel like talking to anyone with authority… I'm just going to sit on this bench right here in front of the school. I mean, I can wait for hours on end without interruption. I'm sure waiting in front of the school won't be too difficult.

1 hour later…

Apparently I'm nodding off. Gotta stay awake. Gotta stay alert!

3 hours later…

Zzzzzz….

A few more hours...

DING. DONG. DING. DONG.

"Agh...ahhhh." Wait, what just happened. I could've sworn this was early morning. I hear footsteps nearby! What's going on?

… Oh wow, I slept through the entire school day. In front of the school. Where people could see me.

"Remember when we talked about embarrassing things Faust-"

"Again, shut up." I snap back while standing up. My vision is blurry. Very blurry. I rub my eyes to get them steady.

Now, I have full vision back.

"Where's Madoka?" I say to myself.

"It's not my job to watch and protect her, is it?"

"I swear I will find a way to hurt you."

"By all means, try when you're done."

I sigh.

Alright, if I was a pink haired girl with a tiny build… what would I be doing right now?

"I don't know, ask yourself. You clear those qualifications."

I hate to admit but Au Courant is right. What WOULD I be doing right now?

[_] Go to the mall and shop!
[_] Go witch hunting because I need some practice.
[_] Find an actually comfortable place to sleep.
[_] Custom

[X] Go to the mall and shop!

If i was a Pinkette with a group of friends, that would be my first guess.

[X] Go to the mall and shop!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back