• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

So... Shouldn't Paragon be running about now? Cause last time he fought a New God he got his rings shut down and his ass spanked.
Considering what happened, I wouldn't be surprised if he asked Canis for some pointers on how to stop that from happening again. Or at least, what to do to lessen the impact.

You Are Also Annoying. Seriously, he's not even sure OL can hear him, and he's monologuing. The Ego on this God...

He may be trying to test out if Paul can hear him, or just trying to defeat his defences.

...Holy crap, Grayven-16 heard him thinking back? :eek: Holy shit, OL's Godspeech Tourette's pays off. And while that may make the Dreadnaught stronger while he empowers it, it'll also cost him more mojo if it gets damaged or even destroyed... After all, how worthy is a king of command, if his castle can be assaulted so easily?

Renegade did seem to lose some power after they got back from the future.

Looks like Grayven-16 wants to get this done up close and personal, then. A typically-Apokaliptian mistake, really. It basically says he doesn't trust his warriors to handle this themselves... Though I suppose you could make a case that he's doing this to protect them from a foe they could not overcome... But he's not that good a boss, as far as we know.

To be fair, his warriors can't beat Paul.

...White hair? That's a change. But then, Renegade is technically brown-haired. I wonder what diverged to cause that? Well, besides the obvious fact of 'that's how he looks in the show...'

Maybe as his godhood developed his hair changed.

And, as I said, Grayven was a minor villain at the time, for Kyle Rayner of all people. In fact, I think he may well be better known to some of us readers from this story than from the actual comics, am I right? :D

Yep, this story is the first time I've ever heard of this guy.

And don't dis Kyle, he's one of the strongest Lanterns in existence.

And to be fair even Darkseid has sometimes just been a monster of the week type villain rather than the dreaded conqueror of worlds he's portrayed as.

Well. This is a meeting that's been some time coming. The only one more anticipated is Grayven-16r properly meeting the Renegade. But I doubt we'll be seeing that anytime soon... Unless it's already happened and I forgot it... :p Bless and curse long-running stories...

I think renegade met Grayven 16 and they fought, but it was a really weird chapter.

It was after renegade went to Vega and it was in a paragon focused episode.

I think renegade met Grayven 16 and they fought, but it was a really weird chapter.

The Renegade and the Grayven of the Renegade timeline spoke to each other via a screen in the only Renegade segment of Episode 62: Collegiality. Grayven was curious at how another version of himself existed, and the Renegade flexed how much Darkseid 'liked' him more by momentarily using the Anti-Life Equation.

The Renegade and the Grayven of the Renegade timeline spoke to each other via a screen in the only Renegade segment of Episode 62: Collegiality. Grayven was curious at how another version of himself existed, and the Renegade flexed how much Darkseid 'liked' him more by momentarily using the Anti-Life Equation.
Which basically ended the conversation, IIRC.

They didn't fight.
"That's just the way that life-"
He twitches, visibly wincing, his eye-flames guttering.
"-is sometimes."
His expression changes for an instant into one of absolute rage, then the screen deactivates.
They talked over comms and Grayven-16 pussed out like a bitch

Does anyone remember the New Gods they rescued. Way earlier? Where would they stack vs Grayven?
And where would their heshin-gattai form be?

For all we know he WANTs the Corp to be HIS

Dox or Actually Grayven? In either case that sounds like a proper OLC mindset. Paul is more likely to congratulate him/recruit him (respectively) than to complain about it. I distinctly remember 'Klingon Promotion' being a part of the OLC code. Paul said something about it 'encouraging creativity' and something else about the internal structure being based on a 'modified Unseen University system' (with Clarissi and Illustres positions being loosely equivalent to the Archchancellor and the Librarian positions).

Last edited:
Impressive strength and composure demonstrated by OL here. He seems to be understanding more of the god speech, and not being harmed by it. Grayven is curious and not going all out. It's going to be very interesting to see how this goes.

Pretty sure he was... As Renegade demonstrated a God of conquest goes all out unless their victory is very uncertain because failure gives them a massive debuff.

Grayven stopped not because he was holding back, but because if he went all in and still failed he would have lost a lot of his power.

Dox or Actually Grayven? In either case that sounds like a proper OLC mindset. Paul is more likely to congratulate him/recruit him (respectively) than to complain about it. I distinctly remember 'Klingon Promotion' being a part of the OLC code. Paul said something about it 'encouraging creativity' and something else about the internal structure being based on a 'modified Unseen University system' (with Clarissi and Illustes positions being loosely equivalent to the Archchancellor and the Librarian positions).

An 800lb orangutan who does whatever he wants does seem to be an appropriate equivalent to Paul, who similarly does whatever he wants because what are they gonna do, call that guy who can stop him?

An 800lb orangutan who does whatever he wants does seem to be an appropriate equivalent to Paul, who similarly does whatever he wants because what are they gonna do, call that guy who can stop him?

What was his name?

Michael McDoesntexist.

Didn't they lose a fight with Robin even before Renegade stepped in to help?

I don't remember much about their meeting, but if they did lose against him then I'm betting it was because they underestimated him, likely due to not knowing who he was and his skills and probably because he's not really all that spiritually powerful.

Grayven however is someone they know about and so they wouldn't underestimate him, but actually take him seriously if they tried to fight him.

They'd still lose of course, but they may provide him with a minor challenge.

The voice is as deep as I'd expect for a chest of that volume, but also… Dusty? There's a mildly wheezing quality to it that I find a little odd. I suppose that could just be a result of talking in a vacuum; I'm not totally clear how he's managing that.
...Wait a second. Is Grayven's voice hoarse from all the god-speech shouting?

Dox or Actually Grayven? In either case that sounds like a proper OLC mindset. Paul is more likely to congratulate him/recruit him (respectively) than to complain about it. I distinctly remember 'Klingon Promotion' being a part of the OLC code. Paul said something about it 'encouraging creativity' and something else about the internal structure being based on a 'modified Unseen University system' (with Clarissi and Illustres positions being loosely equivalent to the Archchancellor and the Librarian positions).
I am positive Zoat takes some critiscisms into account. People have been saying Dox has been doing a bad job securing his position in OL corp. It would be a good head screw if Dox was making plans with Grayven in secret. Dox did spring this invasion on Paul(his 2nd in command) and again people were critisicing the lack of info. I really think this was a don't answer and let OL get removed by Grayven, plausible deniablity thing. Would explain the delay on fleet coming to earth also.

Grayven was on scene in minutes. No way he didn't have intel.

Dox was making plans with Grayven in secret.

Not just Grayven, Sinestro as well. They are all plotting behind Paul's back. It's not impossible they are conspiring with the Light as well (because we all know that the Light is somehow profiting from every single backroom deal, scandal and natural disaster - yes, even the ones they had no way of predicting or the ones that run counter to their plots. Somehow).

Not just Grayven, Sinestro as well. They are all plotting behind Paul's back. It's not impossible they are conspiring with the Light as well (because we all know that the Light is somehow profiting from every single backroom deal, scandal and natural disaster - yes, even the ones they had no way of predicting or the ones that run counter to their plots. Somehow).
Yeah, and now i'm worried what will happen to Jade for Paragons compliance. Same with anyone he has an attatchment to in corp, Like Starfire. Good point on Sinestro, and now Malvolio is free to join them aswell.

Heck i even feel like Zoat predicted/reacted to my own critisism over how i was fearing story was running out of threads by revealing a few more threads have been woven into the tapestry already and i missed them. And then Malvolio gets released and Grayven arrives in Paragon story showing things i had missed or had yet to be revealed will tie into and expand the story/world being crafted even more. I really feel like 60% of our criticism is us missing things with Zoat chuckling over his eventual twist reveal he seeded years ago and no one realized. The last 3 chapters have kind of blown my mind on the possibilities i overlooked.

And then Malvolio gets released and Grayven arrives

Ah, yes. The Big Bad Team-Up. Dox (the brains), Sinestro and Malvolio (the Lanterns of the bunch, both with experience in anti-Lantern combat tactics), Grayven (the space god magic and disposable minions)... all they miss is a speedster now to round up the team- No, wait! The Flash! He also appeared in the last possible minute and inserted himself in an important mission (acting extremely OOC) and then promptly ensured that negotiations failed - and got kicked off the League as a result.

I guess they have a full roster after all. It's very likely that Truggs is their Light contact.

Last edited:
ehhh, not super impressed with the OG Grayvey- as a person/leader, not as a character, i mean
the godspeech comes across as a bit petulant/whiny,and he's trying too hard to make an intimidating first impression-perhaps intentionally? i mean, given his dad, and the standards for childhood on apokalypse, a complex/mental issues of some form are probably to be expected- though,
you'd think someone who was all about conquest would RELISH someone capable of resisting/putting up a fight that lasts more then three minutes....

@Chojin Patriarch

i think i can see a rationale behind the sweep with the secondary/tertiary batteries-
the shield's effectively a group effort from/reinforced by the other lanterns present- seems like a fairly reasonable, if simple method of doing a quick volley to gather info- if areas/segments fluctuate, its a pretty good indicator that the projector/"projector" in that section isnt up to snuff

Last edited:
What if Dox wanted Paragon removed as "collateral" damage he would have had no tie to. For all we know he told Grayven where Paul was going. It was very secret right? and Grayven arrives in the what 2 minutes the OL corp showed. For all we know he WANTs the Corp to be HIS

I'm not seeing this, nor buying the theories of a big space version of the Light moving against Paul. If Dox didn't want Paragon around, he could have just left him on Earth. Paragon is a bit of a sub when it comes to taking orders. Plus, I doubt the Controllers would like to lose their most powerful Lantern.

And the Ophidian would definitely not be happy to lose her Agent.

Dox wouldn't have risked the entire fleet just to kill Paul. He could have arranged Paul to lead a strike force into a Reach stronghold that had a thoushand Beetles waiting for them.

This is just a massive comic plot coincidence.

Do you mean the Forever People? they'd do about as well as a regular person from what I understand.

In normal DC canon, the Forever People were normal humans that were 'adopted' by New Genesis. In YJ canon, I believe they are actual New Gods. In story canon... I don't remember. I'd default to New Gods, though they aren't very powerful ones. From their on screen abilities and powers, othern than their ability to turn into Infinity Man, I would put them below Wonder Woman in terms of strength and skill. I'd consider them comperable to Captain Atom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back