• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Finally, some good content from Marvel Comics. I'd just about given up.

Hey they're releasing some pretty good comics. Like, uh... And, um...

I guess Conan's kinda okay?

I'm joking, it's fine if you like their current books. But seriously, "Gwenom vs Carnage" is one of their offerings this week. Gwenom. People got paid to come up with that (not much, given what I've seen of current rates, but some).

You get used to it.
honestly sam plays the shit out of fury. so much so that i wish they would retroactivly make him african american in the comics.
If I remember correctly, his son with the same name has dark skin. Also, the Ultimates version pretty much was Samuel Jackson. He himself references it in the comic.
than -> that ? (if 'than' is correct then you probably need a correction further down the sentence)
Thank you, corrected.

What, so every society went right from communal property to cash and nobody ever just went "Hey, trade ya some of my eggs for some of your veggies" in all of human history?

I believe it was for favors and promises of repayment or services.

So in reality social credit existed long before coinage.

Aren't 90's Iron Man, Fantastic Four, and Incredible Hulk in a different universe than 90's X-Men and Spiderman?

Edit: Yes they are according to the wiki, Earth-534834 for Iron-Man et. al and Earth-92131 for X-Men/Spiderman.
Huh. I did not know that. I'm just going to assume that either the stuff with Captain America happened after the Beyonder stuff, or that Captain America was actually John Walker or something.

Once 90s X-men Paul has some control over the ring, healing Xavier's spine would be light work. Now that would be something butterflies.
I don't know about that. Given that Xavier regained the ability to walk just by being in the Savage Lands, I don't think he's paralysed by anything as simple as a spinal injury.

honestly Sam plays the shit out of fury. so much so that i wish they would retroactively make him African American in the comics.
He's been replaced by Nick Jr who is basically black fury.

If I remember correctly, his son with the same name has dark skin. Also, the Ultimates version pretty much was Samuel Jackson. He himself references it in the comic.
IIRC Jackson being in the MCU movies was his condition for letting them use his likeness in the comics.

I don't know about that. Given that Xavier regained the ability to walk just by being in the Savage Lands, I don't think he's paralysed by anything as simple as a spinal injury.

The Savage Land has always been weird, so somehow it having healing properties isn't that weird and it may have just been a spinal injury.

And maybe like his paragon counterpart this version may be hesitant to heal mutants due to their unusual biology worrying him that he may damage them somehow.

Though if Xavier has data on the X-Gene then maybe he'll manage it.

A person with power enough to level New York in a matter of minutes that has a dire need of control issues and an X-gene needs help just as much as someone with the same but from any other source for there powers.

Heh. With a Orange Lantern making the X-Men his in group the mansion only need to be attacked and destroyed and it's kids enslaved to ________ once for everyone to learn their lesson.

"While there are a lot of people who get unusual abilities from an x-gene, there are plenty of people who have unusual abilities who get them from somewhere else. The obvious historical example being Steven Rogers, whose enhanced strength and endurance came from an injection."

"Well… Yes, I understand that unusual abilities can come from a variety of sources. But I'm afraid that my specialty is genetics and, specifically, the x-gene."

"I understand that. But really, what's the difference? How would you help a mutant with control issues?"

"I would.. study how their ability functioned…" I hear a quiet but amused exhalation. "Yes, I understand your point. I would have to at least start in the same place with anyone who manifested unusual abilities, and identifying for certain whether a person with special abilities had the x-gene or not would take months. But I do want you to understand that some issues experienced by mutants aren't comparable to people whose abilities come from other sources."
Fingers crossed this is going to lead to Charles being inspired to eventually include other superpowered youths that need training and who aren't mutants! Down with superhuman segregation!

But being in the Savage Land was a special occasion. Hell with the craziness of the Savage Land you could say it was magic that allowed Charles mobility when he was there. If Paul has enough control to heal Xavier, then that's good for his life everywhere else.

On a side note given this is early 90s comic book technology, it would be hilarious for Paul to hack Master Mold and totally remove the whole X-men vs mass Sentinel battle.

Huh.

Honestly showing up in the marvel verse at this point, I'd have guessed he's have called the x-mansion for Beast, rather then the Professor.

Multi-discipline Scientist types with experience in the Bizarre being rather thin on the ground, and honestly Dr McCoy has better people skills then Richards or Pym. Doom would be a 'last ditch' call. And Tony's a bit of a risk depending if he's on the wagon or not.

Most x-men teams have done some universe/time hopping (the 90's folks not so much, not counting Mojo, Bishop and Cable), so they'd be a pretty good place to start looking for 'how the heck did I end up here?' questions answered.

...Actually...Paul's a Brit....Brian Braddock aka 'Captain Britain' would be the best place to check in with. His whole Shtick was multiversal BS.

*pokes around*

Yup...he IS in the X-men animated series (briefly) and his sister Psylocke hangs around a bit later on.

Last edited:
Huh.

Honestly showing up in the marvel verse at this point, I'd have guessed he's have called the x-mansion for Beast, rather then the Professor.

Multi-discipline Scientist types with experience in the Bizarre being rather thin on the ground, and honestly Dr McCoy has better people skills then Richards or Pym. Doom would be a 'last ditch' call. And Tony's a bit of a risk depending if he's on the wagon or not.

Most x-men teams have done some universe/time hopping (the 90's folks not so much, not counting Mojo, Bishop and Cable), so they'd be a pretty good place to start looking for 'how the heck did I end up here?' questions answered.

...Actually...Paul's a Brit....Brian Braddock aka 'Captain Britain' would be the best place to check in with. His whole Shtick was multiversal BS.

*pokes around*

Yup...he IS in the X-men animated series (briefly) and his sister Psylocke hangs around a bit later on.

Xavier has more experience with helping people with their powers, so Braddock and Beast may not be all that much help in helping him master his abilities.

Beast may be of some help, but still less than the professor in helping with the powers thing.

I honestly didn't know Fury was originally white for several years.

Granted I started getting into Marvel due to the movies and I guess Samuel Jackson left a big impression.
Having a cigar in his mouth smoking up a storm cloud use to be as much an iconic part of his look as the blue white uniform and eye patch.

I know that now.

There was also a comic in which he smoked a cigar in a space suit.
Dial (a character from DesertChocolate fic) did a thing with showing various versions of the movie's Avengers and there's a bit with Samuel Jackson's Fury wondering who the old white dude is till he sees the eye patch. It was hilarious but I kinda wish he pointed out that black Furys is a relatively new part of the Multiverse but all Furys have an eye patch and is Shield's Director, but all white Furys smoke cigars like all the time. And then showed a scene if the cigar getting shot out of his mouth just for Fury to take the time to spit out what was left and replace it. Don't know if that ever happened in any of the media but I'd be shocked if it didn't.

I can't help but picture someone taking Nick's cigar and he just rolls his tongue along the inside of his mouth and pushes out a new cigar and lights it. Like you know how super spies are always swallowing keys, lockpicks, or other small objects to help them escape in the event of capture? Instead of keys, Nick's just swallows a bunch of cigars and coughs them up whenever he needs one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back