• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Supermans outfit may be Kryptonian in origin so it may be made of some other material etc.

No, that was shot down when Paul complained about Superman not wearing armor, if memory serves.

There are continuities in which that costume is armor- Pre-crisis for example, the suit was made from Kryptonian cloth and was hence suitably durable.

missing a word after "a full intensity"
Thank you, corrected.
I'm.....guessing this is a bundle of sticks saying that I'm not familiar with.
Younger student. He and Adam Blake are the most recent inductees. The new boys.
At least he's ditched the pitch-black jumpsuit (complete with cowl) and waistcoat with flared shoulders. That was a mistake...
No, it was of its time. It'sd foolish to think of fashion as eternal.
Also works when gagged, not that anyone could get that close these days, I'll bet. It also looks baller. Nothing like a tuxedo and cloak for a classy pulp wizard. Just ask Mandrake the Magnificent!
Defenders of the Earth was my main cartoon growing up.
His fiance and Opal City.
His wife and Opal City.
Ufff Zoat started to write this fic out of an irrational hatred for Nu, approaching him with things from the corners of DC he really hates is best done carefully.
No, I started writing this fic because it was easier than converting an Ork army out of boar models.
What about General Glory? Paul told Guy that he was able to operate in Europe because he was too nuts for the Spear of Destiny to affect him.
"Oh. The lunatic. As I recall he only became active there after the D-Day landings."

A hyper-racist... named "Aryan" spelled differently... Well, it's comic book names, I guess. Paging Otto Octavius

Actually I don't think he was racist in the comics.

I know he was crazy in the n52 universe, before Blue Beetle and Nabu trapped him in a crystal, but I think Zoat made him a Purist in this story.

Still, don't know much about this character, so I may be wrong.

Actually I don't think he was racist in the comics.

I know he was crazy in the n52 universe, before Blue Beetle and Nabu trapped him in a crystal, but I think Zoat made him a Purist in this story.

Still, don't know much about this character, so I may be wrong.

I wouldn't exactly call him a purist- He made the animalistic atlanteans in the first place in this fic.

Except for the hawaiian shark men, according to Word of Zoat they did that to themselves because sharks are cool.

My favorite incarnation of Arion is from his miniseries.

Atlantean magic stopped working, so the Atlantean gods and Arion were left powerless. Still immortal though.

Arion lives in a rent controlled apartment in NYC and makes end meet by hustling tourists at three card monte. Not very well, though, he's like always this close to being kicked out for nonpayment of rent.

He eats every day at the deli owned by his nemesis the Atlantean God of Chaos. He never ever tips.

The rest of the Atlantean gods feed pigeons at the park.

Oh and Arion brags to the Atlantean gods about his granddaughter Power Girl.

I wouldn't exactly call him a purist- He made the animalistic atlanteans in the first place in this fic.

Except for the hawaiian shark men, according to Word of Zoat they did that to themselves because sharks are cool.

My favorite incarnation of Arion is from his miniseries.

Atlantean magic stopped working, so the Atlantean gods and Arion were left powerless. Still immortal though.

Arion lives in a rent controlled apartment in NYC and makes end meet by hustling tourists at three card monte. Not very well, though, he's like always this close to being kicked out for nonpayment of rent.

He eats every day at the deli owned by his nemesis the Atlantean God of Chaos. He never ever tips.

The rest of the Atlantean gods feed pigeons at the park.

Oh and Arion brags to the Atlantean gods about his granddaughter Power Girl.
I thought he specifically saved the perfected version for Poseidonis so that the elite could look no different while everyone would have inferior versions. I think Zoat said that somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

I thought he specifically saved the perfected version for Poseidonis so that the elite could look no different while everyone would have inferior versions. I think Zoat said that somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

No. Or rather not quite.

No, the flaw is semi-intentional. Ahri'ahn ensured that the 'proper' people got the good version of the spell and provided a 'simplified' version for general use.

So he provided the inferior version that resulted in the animal people of Atlantis.

Except for the Hawaiian Shark People.

That would work, and Grayven probably will use the Genomorphs to help with training. But having them participate willingly will make the process work better, as well as providing trainers and the implanted knowledge beds in.

There is some things you only get with practice after all. You can't teach ingrained reflexes only train to get them.

Even Spiderman took years of practice to get a good fighting style and he has a power that warns him of danger. Then he had to train how to fight without said danger sense because enemies keep messing with it, blocking it and so on.

There is some things you only get with practice after all. You can't teach ingrained reflexes only train to get them.

Even Spiderman took years of practice to get a good fighting style and he has a power that warns him of danger. Then he had to train how to fight without said danger sense because enemies keep messing with it, blocking it and so on.
Not to mention that Black Manta has a...Special drive that you won't find in a normal man, take the right measures to redirect it...The difference between two equally skilled and conditioned fighters in a fight? It'll come down to their mentality and Black Manta has one that Grayven can use.

eWrBekD.jpg

A simple orange lantern pyrography fanart I made because I like this story.

• Up to the Blue Lantern/Paragon crossover arc in my reread. No sleep, only read.
  • The first time I read this, I did not follow all the links (a bunch of them are broken now, mostly random images, I think), which I regret - like, those songs OL sings the first time in Themyscira are amazing. The Sun is Also a Warrior caught my ear to the point that I actually payed for its .mp3, to add to my workout and car playlists :)
  • I think the last thing I vaguely remember is OL doing something with the Tamaraneans? I'm not entirely sure, because there's at least two other Lantern fics getting blurred into that memory, so yeah.

Last edited:
The Shade's POV. This will be interesting. Also, Mr Zoat, can we get an updated list of members of League in both timelines to see how different they are?
Main SI:
01 – Superman
02 – Batman
03 – Wonder Woman
04 – Flash (Barry Allen)
05 – Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
06 – Aquaman
07 – Martian Manhunter (J'onn J'onzz)
08 – Green Arrow
09 – Hawkman
10 – Hawkwoman
11 – Zatara
12 – Captain Atom (Major Nathaniel Adams)
13 – Black Canary
14 – Green Lantern (John Stewart)
15 – Captain Marvel (William Batson)
16 – Red Tornado (John Smith)
17 – Green Lantern (Guy Gardner)
18 - Icon (Augustus Freeman)
19 - Red Arrow (William Harper)
20 - Accomplished Perfect Physician (Yao Fei)
21 – Doctor Fate (Nabu) (John Quinn)
22 – Atom (Raymond Palmer)
23 – Plastic Man (Patrick O'Brian)
24 - Blue Lantern (Alan Scott)
25 - Doctor Mist (Nommo Balewa)
26 - Red Rocket (Dmitri Pushkin)
27 – Angelica (Angelica Blaze)

Renegade:
01 – Superman
02 – Batman
03 – Wonder Woman
04 – Flash
05 – Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
06 – Aquaman
07 – Martian Manhunter
08 – Green Arrow
09 – Hawkman
10 – Hawkwoman
11 – Zatara
12 – Captain Atom
13 – Black Canary
14 – Green Lantern (John Stewart)
15 – Captain Marvel
16 – Red Tornado
17 – Atom
18 – Plastic Man
19 – Icon
20 – Red Arrow
21 - Mister Miracle (Scott Free)
22 - Big Barda
23 - The Shade (Richard Swift)
24 - Captain Comet (Adam Blake)
25 – Green Lantern (Guy Gardner)
Nice to see that Captain Comet is a full functioning member of the League in the Renegade timeline. How much weaker is he compared to the version in the Paragon timeline because of his brain damage?
His telepathy is appreciably weaker.
Thank you, corrected.

Someone tattooed the Orange Lantern symbol on their hand because they're a fan of this fic.
Wow. I'll admit, I picked up one of those plastic orange lantern rings because of this fic, but that was like, a dollar or two. It sits on one arm of a cast iron squirrel statue (the other arm has a Legion flight ring). Getting a tattoo is... Really something else.

The Other Half (part 5)
12th July 2012
09:56 GMT -5

Artemis hangs back slightly as Kaldur and Ixy conduct a tour of the facility.

"When are you gunna tell him?"

The drawback to being on the same wavelength as someone-.

"It's not a drawback. Ass."

I look down at her, slightly puzzled. Did-? She just-?

She rolls her eyes before looking up at me. "It's obvious. You got Black Manta pardoned. I know how people like him think. The first thing he's going to want to do is get his son back, and right after that-." Her eyes return to Mr. Durham. "I guess he can't kill the people he thinks wronged him, but he's gunna want to confront them."

"He does indeed. I haven't said anything because I don't want Mister Durham to feel like I'm pressuring him."

"Think that ship's sailed. I think you're just doing what you think-."

"Think I need to so I can tell myself I didn't pressure him." I smile fondly at her. "We can't ever do this around Luna."

"You wanna know what I think?"

"Staying above the fray wasn't an option. David Hyde has wanted to be Kaldur's father since he fathered him."

"Some people shouldn't be fathers."

True, but I can't say he'd be objectively bad. Any number of professional killers throughout history have had perfectly pleasant relationships with their offspring.

"How's Paula?"

"How's Jade?"

I shrug. "Her line manager's reports are glowing. The area she's assigned to is less dangerous month on month, in part due to her presence and actions. Genomorphs are good at keeping the peace but complex investigations aren't their forte."

"You aren't talking to her in person?"

"No. I'm not angry any more-"

"Well, yeah."

"-but.. I.. tend to think that we won't work… Well together. I mean, if we couldn't even communicate well.. enough… When we were together…"

Artemis nods. "I think she's dating someone."

I shrug. "That's hardly my affair any longer."

"Not Jade. My Mom."

"Oh? Not a complete surprise, I hope?"

"No. Why exactly did you make her look that young when you healed her?"

"Your mum's hot."

She smiles faintly.

"Speaking of things you shouldn't say around Luna…"

"Eh, Luna knows that I'm not interested in her for her physical appearance. And I've got a rough idea of what she'll look like when she comes through the mirror and I think I'll like it well enough. Do you have a problem with your mum dating?"

"Dating, no. Putting on a costume and fighting crime… Guess-"

"It beats committing it." / "-it beats… Yeah."

Bit of a surprise that she's interested in that sort of thing, but I suppose that when someone internalises the us versus them mindset then even if they switch sides they want to be them as hard as they can.

"Do you want me to offer her a job to keep her off the streets? I'm sure I can find something for a woman of her experience."

"Not going to offer to help find out who she's-." She narrows her eyes. "Do you know?"

"Artemis, you're over a hundred years old. If you want to know who your mother's dating-."

"Yeah, but-. Teenaged me wouldn't."

"Parents have to deal with their children growing up eventually. In your case-."

"I grew up when Mom was in prison. I know we were never going to have a normal family life or anything like that, but I wanna… Pretend a bit. For her. And for me."

"I'm the last person who would-."

Kaldur tenses, then breathes in deeply before letting his exhalation carry away his tension. Mr. Durham glances my way and says something I make an effort not to listen to, placing his right hand on his son's right shoulder. Kaldur nods and briefly puts his own right hand on top of his father's. Then he heads my way.

"Who would gainsay your decision on that subject. Kaldur!"

He walks towards me, his normal impassivity just about hanging in there.

"Grayven. What made you think that I would be interested in meeting Black Manta in a social setting?"

"The fact that I thought you'd probably be willing to put up with him once to help out your parents?" I shrug. "I don't think there's going to be any sort of meeting of minds or anything like that. I've already told him that I think it's a bad idea."

"You could simply have handed him over to Atlantis as a captured criminal."

"Kaldur, where exactly on Earth do you think I'm going to find crews for the EDF ships Lex is building?"

He pauses for a moment. "Any of the world's militaries would be able to provide you with trained personnel."

I shake my head. "Not trained for space combat. Underwater combat comes closest, but the pressure and inertia make it completely different. Same for aeroplanes and voidcraft. The skill sets aren't easily transferable. So we've got a choice between taking military people and beating the bad habits out of them or training new people in doctrines we haven't invented yet. If you ever want a good laugh I'll show you the low gravity training sessions we ran for some of N.A.T.O.'s special forces units. The skills aren't there."

"Except in Atlantis."

"Nope. Too much magic, not enough technology, and your war engines are all organic. David Hyde's people are trained for sub-aquatic, aquatic and aerial combat. They have the skills that other people simply don't. Earth needs them, and King Orin wouldn't have pardoned him if he didn't agree with me. And your part in Earth getting them involves letting him bitterly lament not being the man who raised you and then telling him to never darken your door again. I'm sure you'll survive. Though for what it's worth I'm sorry for putting you in this position."

Kaldur bows his head, half-closing his eyes for a moment.

"He has not been pardoned by the government of the United States of America."

"My home's an Apokoliptian embassy. So while no one other than me can arrest him, I could let you settle your differences through bare-knuckle boxing."

He-.

"That wasn't a serious suggestion, Kaldur."

If only because Apokoliptian duels are supposed to be handicapped affairs. Given Kaldur's enhanced physiology I'd have to give his father a weapon or two.

"Very well. I will accept the meeting. But… I would like more information on Luthor's recruitment strategy."

I nod. "No problem. Heck, if you can find-"

"Recognized, Zatara, one one, The Shade, two three."

We turn as the League members emerge, Giovanni giving me a nod and Richard tipping his hat.

"-someone better, I'll consider them."

Giovanni approaches, noting Mr. Durham's presence.

"Aqualad. I have a task for the team."

Some people shouldn't be fathers."

True.

"He does indeed. I haven't said anything because I don't want Mister Durham to feel like I'm pressuring

Think it's a bit too late for that.

Think that ship's sailed.

Yep.

True, but I can't say he'd be objectively bad. Any number of professional killers throughout history have had perfectly pleasant relationships with their offspring.

One factor that may have contributed to said relationships being so pleasant is the fact that most of those killers did not try to kill their offspring, said offsprings friends, their mentors, or destroy their home, multiple times.

All of which Manta has done or tried to do.

Artemis, you're over a hundred years old. If you want to know who your mother's dating-."

"Yeah, but-. Teenaged me wouldn't."

And to be fair, most people, even adults, may not want to know anything about the romantic or sexual aspects of their parents' lives.

He walks towards me, his normal impassivity just about hanging in there.

He's pissed.

Or just annoyed.

I think that's an attitude most people that personally know renegade have when they see him.

Kaldur, where exactly on Earth do you think I'm going to find crews for the EDF ships Lex is building?"

He pauses for a moment. "Any of the world's militaries would be able to provide you with trained personnel."

I shake my head. "Not trained for space combat. Underwater combat comes closest, but the pressure and inertia make it completely different. Same for aeroplanes and voidcraft. The skill sets aren't easily transferable. So we've got a choice between taking military people and beating the bad habits out of them or training new people in doctrines we haven't invented yet. If you ever want a good laugh I'll show you the low gravity training sessions we ran for some of N.A.T.O.'s special forces units. The skills aren't there."

"Except in Atlantis."

"Nope. Too much magic, not enough technology, and your war engines are all organic. David Hyde's people are trained for sub-aquatic, aquatic and aerial combat. They have the skills that other people simply don't. Earth needs them, and King Orin wouldn't have pardoned him if he didn't agree with me. And your part in Earth getting them involves letting him bitterly lament not being the man who raised you and then telling him to never darken your door again. I'm sure you'll survive. Though for what it's worth I'm sorry for putting you in this position."

Not gonna try and bring up the points I and others made.

Zoat isn't going to change his mind on this no matter what.

My home's an Apokoliptian embassy. So while no one other than me can arrest him, I could let you settle your differences through bare-knuckle boxing."

He-.

"That wasn't a serious suggestion, Kaldur."

Kinda difficult to tell with you Big G.

Very well. I will accept the meeting. But… I would like more information on Luthor's recruitment strategy.

Hmm, either he's interested in joining so he can send info to the League, or just wants to know what to expect in the future, such as any other criminals renegade may try to recruit.

Last edited:
For one horrifying moment I thought it was another tattoo.
I've forgotten what it looked like... was it a picture of Paragon-Paul with his tattoos on display? Possibly with his face replaced by your avatar?
Because that fanart has stuck to me from two forums ago and I want other people to get a kick out of it.
(searching...no... searching, no... not this one... please hold)
Better, here is some art.

Bonus art.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back