• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

The problem with enlightment plus an orange ring is that there isn't any of space between Want and Do.
Or a lot of space for doubt.
Paul's qualified the Guild as "expendable enemy attacking mine and aligned with Siniestro" and is so easily inclined to a show of force as the shortest and most appropriate response.

Basically? I don't think Paragon Paul can feel guilt. It reminds me of Jade's objections to wearing an Orange ring actually.

Last edited:
Remember when Paul had a hard time making energy blasts because he didn't want to destroy things?

Honestly I'm pretty sure Chapter 1 Paul would be a bit horrified by Illustres Paul here.
We know for a fact he would be horrified via JLAU Paul.

That's why it's such good horror fuel.

Knowing that there are circumstances that could lead to you, personally, being willing and able to scour multiple worlds of life.
Paul willingly mind fucking himself to various forms of insanity because he thinks he's smarter then everyone else is a rather prominent theme in these stories.

So... What's keeping the Spider Guild... Who 100% know where Earth is... From doing the same thing right back to Paragon?
The Justice League?

Also Paul! what would your girlfriend (the spider queen one) this of this! you could have just asked given she was interested in making spider lanterns.

Who have no way to stop something that appears in orbit and instantly drops a giant kinetic impactor on the planet.

They'd probably dissect her if they knew she existed, so I doubt that she'd have a problem with it.
In which case why is Paul assuming that the Spider Guild actually knows who this unidentified Spider Lantern is?

I mean... Of course he assumed right because otherwise he just needlessly murdered billions... But it's still an assumption.

So... What's keeping the Spider Guild... Who 100% know where Earth is... From doing the same thing right back to Paragon?

Who have no way to stop something that appears in orbit and instantly drops a giant kinetic impactor on the planet.

Paul and the other Lanterns?

And several JL members are fast and strong enough to intercept impactors.

Fear Corps: attacks

Paul: causes immense terror

Fear Corps: :eek:

Paul and the other Lanterns?

And several JL members are fast and strong enough to intercept impactors.
You're missing the "instantly" part of this.

Because in the minute or two it takes anyone up to and including Paul to even hear about the arrival and bombardment it will have already happened. You know... Just like what happened to the Spider Guild planet...

You're missing the "instantly" part of this.

Because in the minute or two it takes anyone up to and including Paul to even hear about the arrival and bombardment it will have already happened. You know... Just like what happened to the Spider Guild planet...

I don't think Earth and the Spider Guild are close enough, distance-wise, to perform instant bombardment. Paul can do it this quick because he's a Super-Lantern that can teleport. They'd need to mobilize, which is sort of impossible when the most powerful Lantern in the Universe is indiscriminately slaughtering your people.

There's also the fact that there's both time travellers and pre-cogs on earth, who could warn the people capable of stopping such an attack.

Earth in the DC universe is a Really bad place to attack.

Weird how he isn't particularly orange-level possessive about "his lantern".... would have though orange would have imparted some effect on his words in that last line of dialog
He kind of was. He had the juice to effortlessly slam-dunk a starship out of orbit after all.

This does seem to be a bit premature. While I tend to stick to a pretty hardline "death to raiders/slavers/pirates" policy in regards to fiction, this is a rather radical thing to do without sure confirmation.

Well all I can say now is don't stop and be thorough.

You think fucking with a planet killer is a good idea? You think that poking the avarice elemental's host and taking/destroying their stuff is an idea that DOESN'T result in vast swaths of your species/empire dead? Do you think it's wise to provoke someone who you watched genocide a species?

Not to be too rude, but at a certain point it's Darwinism and Paul has become very good at disproportionate responses.

how did they get a Yellow Ring? Has Sinestro already begun the work of making a Corps? Is this guilder exceptional, or is there a whole Spider Guild base of Yellow Lanterns out there? Multiple?

That brings up a question: after OL deals with Sinestro and claims the authorities of First Lantern (by conquest), who might OL select as a replacement Clarissi for the Yellow Lantern Corp?

I ask this because I do not expect Paragon Paul to want to dual wield Yellow and Orange, and honestly founding Yet Another Lantern Corps feels like the sort of thing Paragon would love to see happen, but hate to handle all the paperwork of for the second time.

Can anyone even be Illustres twice?

That brings up a question: after OL deals with Sinestro and claims the authorities of First Lantern (by conquest), who might OL select as a replacement Clarissi for the Yellow Lantern Corps?
Only choices I could think of on short notice whom Paul would know could even use a yellow power ring are Batman and Scarecrow.

Only choices I could think of on short notice whom Paul would know could even use a yellow power ring are Batman and Scarecrow.

There's also Melinoe.

She's able to make people afraid with her powers, so she may be a good candidate.

Though I don't know if she'll accept given everything that's happened between her and Paul.

Would you like to argue the point with mister "Want." and "Fear."?
I'm sure Hinon or another Controller/Maltusian will have something to say on the matter, even OL comes up short to the various species of Guardians.

That something might be "Nice~ *fingerguns at OL*" but they would say something.

The Orange Lantern corp, The Justice league plus the 3 Green lantern from the sector, the Nemo fleet which i believe is still around earth?

I think the fleet left, but Earth has two Lanterns in Stewart and that Russian woman, as well as two Honor Guard Lanterns in Gardner and Jordan.

There's also Dame Carrol and Ghi'ata, who are both Violet Lanterns.

There's also Arissa, the elf like girl who joined the Team.

Presumably the fleet of ships parked in the sector. And if they get close enough, the Justice League. And if they take long enough for a Green Lantern to send Paul a message, well, they'd instantaneously be back at square one.

Also, Earth is probably pretty unknown still at this point. They're more likely to try and get concessions out of Legion or the Orange Lanterns.

Earth has something of a reputation in most versions of the DC Universe. Sort of a 'Avoid if all possible, crazy shit happens here. You don't want the attention of this crazy primitive world'

Presumably the fleet of ships parked in the sector. And if they get close enough, the Justice League. And if they take long enough for a Green Lantern to send Paul a message, well, they'd instantaneously be back at square one.

Also, Earth is probably pretty unknown still at this point. They're more likely to try and get concessions out of Legion or the Orange Lanterns.
The Spider Guild's fleet didn't stop Paragon from normal FTLing in and blasting their planet before they could respond, so not sure why you think anyone else would be able to stop the Spider Guild lanterns from doing the same to Earth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back