• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Ooh, good excuse for his metaknowledge. And given the sheer spread of them, it's likely true. :( Even if it is Tangseid...

Now I can't help but imagine all the variants getting together and Tangseid getting his hand bitten off by a version that became an alligator.

I know, it sounds so bizarre, doesn't it? Someone with powers who doesn't immediately go out to rob a bank, or fight someone who is? :p

Well all historical records about her probably show her as being a full time superhero, so it makes sense she'd think that.

Well, not for Dana personally. I suspect a few of the Legionnaires might feel that way. Near-religious respect for the Super-family and all that. ...What, why did you think they so often recruit their 'local' Superboy and Supergirl? :p

After watching the cartoon I'm pretty sure Brainiac 5 is in love with Kal-El.

..Hmm. A sudden thought occurs to me. Someone took a shot at someone dressed like a Supergirl, right? What if someone's got a narc on for all the Supergirls? Could be an interesting angle... Not sure how likely it is to be true, but hey

Crazy stalker.

Because, after all, the pod's systems were damaged. We've already seen how the Renegade's came out, given longer exposure...

Though if they did fix her up I'm betting they'll use something other than a Nazi robot.

To be frank, it was lucky that Kon wanted to see Krypton... :)confused: I think that's why OL went to the Rao system, at least... It has been a while.

Pretty sure that's why they went.

Oh? Do tell, just how bad a fashion disaster is Superman's costume?

Like my post above says, Earth has had plenty of stupid costumes worn by powerful people.

To be fair, it's not an unreasonable hypothesis. Perhaps the Light wanted to test his durability and field-test an anti-Lantern munition at the same time?

Hmm, seeing the whole thing of the Free Lancers selling supervillain tech it's possible they're getting it from the Light.

Focus, OL, x3 ho-hold b-hahha-ck the... Pffft! :V Bwahahahaaaa! Oh god, really?

Once more as my post above said the fact that he's wearing such a ridiculous costume can make people underestimate him, such as enemies or ordinary people who may be too busy finding it funny to really let it sink in that he's an incredibly powerful being that can reduce them to ash with ease.

Last edited:
To be frank, it was lucky that Kon wanted to see Krypton... :)confused: I think that's why OL went to the Rao system, at least... It has been a while.)
They went to where Krypton was, found an AI in either a planet near it or a moon, and that AI tracked the trajectory of both Kal-El and Kara Zor-El's ships.

Only once I saw it capitalized in this manner did I realize that our dear author's username is an anagram for "Mozart."
..and then after getting banned from his third forum and becoming unable to find a creative outlet, fate conspired to turn him onto a music themed supervillain. With an anagram like that, he never stood a chance...

Thank you, corrected.
Also in Life Ore Death there was an explanation for why he was wearing those.

I think it has something to do with blood flow and potential elections.
Because he was worried that they'd vote for him if he wore something sensible?
Lol. Nice job making allusions to canon Supergirl being brain damaged.
(Which fits with Renegade's Kara ZorEl being actually brain damaged).
What?

(I thought I had replied to this yesterday, but apparently not.) There's a non-zero chance that we'll find out eventually, possibly when we're not expecting it.
I would prefer it if he somehow got special dispensation to be temporarily released to help out the heroes, since I doubt that Waller will be letting a guy who can use magic into the Suicide Squad. Also, Mr Zoat, last I remember, Waller was thinking of getting the Terror Twins as part of the Squad when it gets created. Is that still in the works? If so, will we see the Suicide Squad in action eventually?

I would prefer it if he somehow got special dispensation to be temporarily released to help out the heroes, since I doubt that Waller will be letting a guy who can use magic into the Suicide Squad. Also, Mr Zoat, last I remember, Waller was thinking of getting the Terror Twins as part of the Squad when it gets created. Is that still in the works? If so, will we see the Suicide Squad in action eventually?
The Suicide Squad was dead in the water the moment the SI told her he knew what she was planning. However, various supervillains were able to volunteer during the Sheeda attacks, and were rewarded with reduced or commuted sentences.

The Suicide Squad was dead in the water the moment the SI told her he knew what she was planning. However, various supervillains were able to volunteer during the Sheeda attacks, and were rewarded with reduced or commuted sentences.
In that case, is there any chance Paul could help more supervillains reform and find meaningful work outside of supervillainy? Or is he too busy for that now and trying to get other people on it?

In that case, is there any chance Paul could help more supervillains reform and find meaningful work outside of supervillainy? Or is he too busy for that now and trying to get other people on it?
He's too busy to take on more people, though there's a greater awareness in government that they need to take on a more proactive role in finding things for these people to do.

Thank you, corrected.

Because he was worried that they'd vote for him if he wore something sensible?

What?

Supergirl said:
Kara regards Dana quizzically. "So in this future I got brain damaged and died? I think I prefer this timeline."

And Renegade had to do brain surgery with Eradicator tech on his version of Kara.

It seemed to imply that the canon (or some versions of canon) Supergirls weren't that lucky.

Supergirl said:
Kara regards Dana quizzically. "So in this future I got brain damaged and died? I think I prefer this timeline."

And Renegade had to do brain surgery with Eradicator tech on his version of Kara.

It seemed to imply that the canon (or some versions of canon) Supergirls weren't that lucky.
No, I was puzzled by the statement that canon Supergirl was brain damaged.

"Stay off the streets as much as possible and wear a protective ward. A shielding ward, rather than an anti-magic ward. Something that people on the surface don't know how to bypass yet. Dana and I are going to investigate, but I'd like to know that you're safe."

Finally figured out what was bothering me about this statement.
It implies that the assassin also doesn't know how Dana's powers work, and doesn't realize she's magic/not a real Kryptonian/part-Kryptonian. They think she has a biological forcefield. They must, it they were shooting off bullets designed to pierce forcefields. It implies that the attacker is being informed by 31st century pop culture knowledge, and probably didn't adequately read the Legion files on Dana if they were ever able to access them.
The Legion doesn't know what she is, but they should suspect that she isn't actually Kryptonian.

Last edited:
Future Tense (part 6)
13th September 2012
08:51 GMT -5

"…is where we keep one of the machines that are supposed to stop people from parallel universes appearing."

Ted gestures to the unimpressive looking device, quietly humming in a secure part of the building. They'd barely finished rebuilding from the angel attack before the Sheeda took a swing at the place, but with the US's internal market more or less functional bringing the building up to specification wasn't too difficult.

Dana doesn't look too impressed.

"That's it?"

"Yeah?" Ted glances at me, but I just shrug. "What's wrong with it?"

"Nothing. I was just expecting something… Bigger."

Ted nods. "With green lightning and Tesla coils, right? I know, I know, I wanted to put those in, too. Paul vetoed it."

"Ted, the rule was very simple. What was it?"

"I don't think-."

"What was it, Ted?"

He looks away, shifting awkwardly. "No mad science."

"And what happened last time?"

"An… Invisible cyborg monkey. I don't… Really see how a purely decorative coil of.. wire could do anything like that, but-."

"Magnetic fields interfering with the device. Sparks. Falling over. But that doesn't matter because it's Mad Science and so you're not doing it."

Ted folds his arms across his chest. "Says the man who fed fruit from the Garden of Eden to a couple of demons."

"There's a difference between 'mad' and 'strange'."

"So this is..?" Dana stares at the device. "This is all that's stopping parallel universe from invading our reality?"

"No, of course not. The Justice League alone has seven of these, and we shared the design with every UN Security Council permanent member."

"And we've got another disassembled one to study. Which is not mad science."

"No, that's just good practice."

"So Earth's safe?"

"Earth's safe from anyone not sufficiently cleverer than us. The shield isn't perfect, has a finite range and… It can be bypassed by going back in time to before we built them."

"I don't think they have these in the future."

"You can have the design too, if you want. Though if humanity is more spread out I suppose it's less of a concern."

"Isn't it more of a concern when there's more people?"

"No, because-"

"Incoming message."

"-losing one planet doesn't end the species." I raise my left hand to my left ear. "Illustres here."

"Hawkman. Are you expecting any Orange Lantern Corps-affiliated starships to arrive today?"

"No, they should all be over in Alignment space. Are we getting a visitor?"

"Yes. And according to our sensors, it's kryptonian."

"I definitely don't have any kryptonian ships. I mean, I know a man in Vega who was offering a bounty on kryptonians and kryptonian artefacts, but I don't think he managed to acquire any ships. How big is it?"

"It is the same size as Kal-El's pod."

"A delayed survivor?"

"Perhaps. Given the condition of Kara Zor-El's ship I do not think that it is likely, but it is possible."

"An… Adult who modified their pod so that they could fly around in it in adulthood?"

"My first thought was that it would contain a-"

The door is removed from its hinges as Kara runs into the room at super speed, catching it before it can hit Ted in the face.

"-warhead."

She looks at me, eyes slightly wide and Ted breathes in and edges around the ersatz projectile. "Kryptonian?"

"Yes. Sorry, Hawkman, Kara just arrived. Have you told Kal-El?"

"It would take Kal-El half an hour to reach it, and he would want to examine it at close range."

"Okay. Give me five minutes, then tell him."

"That may be for the best. It is approaching from the direction of Krypton."

Krypton is… That way.. and I see it.

"I have it. Speak to you-"

Kara appears in front of me. "Take me with you."

"-in a few minutes." I lower my hand. "That's not a good idea. If it's a trap of some kind-."

"Then I'm a kryptonian."

"Tough, but hardly immortal. When we dug you out you were insensible, and while whoever this is probably won't be quite that badly off, they might be. It's been a long delay. If you go to the Fortress of Solitude, I'll take them there if there's nothing untoward happening."

She doesn't look entirely convinced.

"A power ring will make sure they can understand me and everyone knows what Lanterns are. I understand that you're excited, but it's a bad idea."

She looks away. "Okay. Yeah.. yeah, you're right." Her eyes alight on Ted, and then on the door in her hand. "Uh. Sorry."

"It's just a door."

I step out, homing in on the bundle of desires in the outer system before

returning to the material universe and disrupting the pod's drive, arresting its acceleration. It clearly has a different design to the pods I've seen before. It's shaped more like a rocket, and there's no way to see in-.

The pod door snaps open, and I immediately extend a shield around it and fill it with breathable air.

"Are you alright? Please-."

"Don't worry! I'm alive without a scratch!"

A blue shape-.

And that's five!

"I'm Kara Zor-El from the planet Krypton." She looks around, frowning. "I didn't think Earth would be this dark."

Last edited:
but with the US's internal market more or less functional bringing the building up to specification wasn't took difficult.

Maybe 'functional, bringing'

Dana doesn't look too impressed.

"That's it?"

I bet she's seen more impressive tech.

"An… Invisible cyborg monkey. I don't… Really see how a purely decorative coil of.. wire could do anything like that, but

Ohh, you naive fool.

Says the man who fed fruit from the Garden of Eden of a couple of demons."

Don't forget at least one Angel.

'Eden to a couple'

There's a difference between 'mad' and 'strange'."

And you belong in the mad category, Paul.

acquire and ships. How big is it?"

'any ships'

eyes slightly side and Ted breathes

'wide and'

Are you alright? Please-."

"Don't worry! I'm alive without a scratch!"

A blue shape-.

And that's five!

"I'm Kara Zor-El from the planet Krypton." She looks around, frowning. "I didn't think Earth would be this dark."

Crisis of Infinite Supergirls?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back