• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Paul equally tired of Nylor's shit.

To be fair, it isn't totally wrong way to think since you know they will be okay later.

I really hope Paul is just playing dumb here so as not to trigger evil Kara.

He is. There was black kryptonite around the rock his Karas pod was in when he went to rescue her. He was very careful with it.

:eek: ...Okay, OL is pissed. Looks like even he has limits on his patience for skullduggery

Less pissed and more done with his shit.

Evidently he's still got enough 'bad' energies for her theurgic energies to treat him as 'evil'...

His soul is made of greed.

o_O What the hell has she been learning?! You do realise it still hurts, kara

Hey, Paul seems to be teaching her here so it's understandable that she'd get some weird ideas.

Save it for later. If she's going to be hanging around, then you can educate her.

He sorta is doing that.

Given that about the only people with comparable power are probably Overman and maybe Uncle Sam, yeah...

And her lesbian Danner enhanced aunt, as well as that Valkirye, and the Martian and probably Nazi Aquaman.

I really hope OL remembers what Black Kryptonite does to people

When he and Kon went to Krypton he saw a bit of it and he was worried about it.

Actually, if what you were afraid of was possible, it would've already happened. Since Native Kara has shielding, the kryptonite isn't affecting her.
I'm afraid that this isn't correct. The shielding protects against radiation from a distance. If she's touching it then it's already inside the shield. Also, as far as I remember she doesn't have one.
I really hope Paul is just playing dumb here so as not to trigger evil Kara.
Initially, I wanted him to not recognise the black kryptonite and only question it when she started talking like a cartoon supervillain. But then I remembered that the SI found black kryptonite in her asteroid.
The ditz opened it to 'free the mummy'."

Double Space

Maybe delete 'with'?

These injuries are probably the least bad reasonably probable outcome that could occur."

Noriel shrugs as New Kara takes off her cloak to-.

Feels a bit off, but not sure how to fix...
Thank you, corrected.

"Oh! That's okay, then." She nods. "Maiming regenerators obviously doesn't matter."

Ah…

Ignore it.
No no no! Put the topic off until later when you're not in a hazardous situation, sure, but don't ignore it!

Ah well.

The potential catastrophe of the black kryptonite affecting the others (and/or having already gotten NativeKara) aside, I've had the feeling for a while now that 'New Kara' is going to be a problem later this arc. Her behavior... and the results of her actions... strike me as being similar to the original short story version of the Heterodyne Boys by Phil Foglio. In their own world they were the 'Good Guys' and fought 'Evildoers,' and their opponents only suffered a sort of equivalent exchange of punishment for their actions. When they get transported to a different universe (which has a more conventional, non-karmic cause-and-effect of bodily damage and death), they end up with the assumption that since they would actually kill rather than just 'defeat' just about anyone in that new world, then the whole world must be made of the most evil of people.

New Kara's behavior strikes me like that with her whole Silver Age aesthetic and personality. Or perhaps as having the stereotypical "Lawful Good" mindset. She is Good and she fights Evil. And Evil gets the punishment it deserves... or alternately, deserves the punishment it gets, whatever it ends up becoming...

I'm afraid that this isn't correct. The shielding protects against radiation from a distance. If she's touching it then it's already inside the shield. Also, as far as I remember she doesn't have one.

Initially, I wanted him to not recognise the black kryptonite and only question it when she started talking like a cartoon supervillain. But then I remembered that the SI found black kryptonite in her asteroid.

Thank you, corrected.
Does Paul see any changes to her with his empathic perception?

I really hope OL remembers what Black Kryptonite does to people, so he can take suitable precautions. Like, full containment on every piece of Kryptonite in the vault. Even if it doesn't affect this Kara, there's several other Kryptonians at risk upstairs... And the last thing anyone needs is an unrestrained Evil Kryptonian on the loose
He is. There was black kryptonite around the rock his Karas pod was in when he went to rescue her. He was very careful with it.
Well, I got distracted and wasn't nearly as quick as I could have been so this isn't exactly news anymore but...
Ah… I think gold removed Kryptonian abilities. Red caused increased self-absorption in New Adventures and impulsiveness in Smallville and.. I think random mutations in the older comics? Black… Turns Kryptonians evil? That silver enchanted variety that made Superman behave like a child in Superman/Batman. And pink…
So even if I did have a reason to speak to himDON'T GO ANYWHERE NEAR THAT!"

Kon backs off as I grab the shard of newly revealed black crystal in a very thick construct. "Okay, but… What is it?"

Radiation… Similar but not identical. How the heck does radiation exposure make someone evil? "Black kryptonite, apparently." I subspace it. "We can study it later. Do you know for a fact that Kal-El has medical equipment in the Fortress?"
...here's a citation, at least.

"Okay. Kara, you and Angelika stay up here, Noriel, you're with me."
Which Kara we talking about New or Old?
"Kara? Anything going on down here?"
Seriously. I thought both were above? How do we differentiate them if you don't at least say New with Earth 1 Kara?
Kara drifts out of the dark, a shimmering black crystal in her right hand.

"Never better."

I smile. "Glad to hear it. Where's the sarcophagus?"
Oh good fucking sweet lord.

How funny would it be if all the Supergirls save for New Kara are safe because they are wearing radiation shields and just New Kara gets exposed, but because she is so naive and pure the black kryptonite creates a tiny miniature chibi kara who's mostly just an irritating prankster.

"Kara? Anything going on down here?"

"I found Nylor Truggs' kryptonite locker."

I land and head towards her voice.

"Are you alright?"

"Never better."
Which Kara is this?
I fire a construct into his neck, burning through enough of his spinal cord that even his regenerative abilities should struggle to restore his mobility anytime soon. Next I cut off his hands and feet and gouge out his eyes.

"No."
Why is his speech black here? He evidently isn't ready to kill Nylor.

Thank you, corrected.
New Kara is upstairs. Old Kara is downstairs. If he's upstairs then he's talking to the one upstairs. If he's downstairs then he's talking to the one downstairs.
Why is his speech black here? He evidently isn't ready to kill Nylor.
Black isn't simply physical death. It can also be despair. It this case, the SI stopped thinking about Nylor as someone close to reforming.

In that case, I hope that while Kara is affected by the black kryptonite that she'd do things she wants to but wouldn't normally do, like if she was more assertive or aggressive. Maybe have her make out with Paul since he hasn't frenched a kryptonian yet.

In that case, I hope that while Kara is affected by the black kryptonite that she'd do things she wants to but wouldn't normally do, like if she was more assertive or aggressive. Maybe have her make out with Paul since he hasn't frenched a kryptonian yet.

So far he's kissed a Tamaranean man, been inside a giant plant planet, fondled a giant spider and was engaged in an intimate telepathic act with M'gann.

I fire a construct into his neck, burning through enough of his spinal cord that even his regenerative abilities should struggle to restore his mobility anytime soon. Next I cut off his hands and feet and gouge out his eyes.
…passable. Temporary crippling is a valid solution to the problem, but the lack of a Brand shows an unwillingness to commit.

apparently the Source just wanted to put me on notice
Or possibly those epic scry wards screw with IFF.

"Never better."

I smile. "Glad to hear it."
Odd. He knew what black kryptonite was back when he and Kon rescued the local Kara from her space-pod. And reacted to it with appropriate caution.

…passable. Temporary crippling is a valid solution to the problem, but the lack of a Brand shows an unwillingness to commit.
Or maybe he thinks there's a chance that Truggs has a contingency plan for that and decided to go with the crippling as he can at least see that it works.

Odd. He knew what black kryptonite was back when he and Kon rescued the local Kara from her space-pod. And reacted to it with appropriate caution.
Or he's making sure to not tip off Kara to the fact that he knows what black kryptonite does and is waiting for the right moment.

Evidently he's still got enough 'bad' energies for her theurgic energies to treat him as 'evil'...

Check the specific location where OL feels pain. Eyes, hands, and feet... the same locations where he just brutally maimed Nylor. That's the Source "putting him on notice" with conscious and specific awareness of what OL has been doing in the past minute, not a mistake in perception. IT KNOWS.

I am surprised Oh El never watched Smallville and he takes what someone says while holding an unknown crystal at face value.

Enlightenment makes you dumb it seems.

Last edited:
Small semi related question to the current chapter : did Paul ever watch Smallville ? I mean I am ok with not being sure if her remembers it, or what he remembers, but I am curious if he watched it at all.

Edit : ninjas

I am surprised Oh El never watched Smallville and he takes what someone says while holding an unknown crystal at face value.

Enlightenment makes you dumb it seems.

Small semi related question to the current chapter : did Paul ever watch Smallville ? I mean I am ok with not being sure if her remembers it, or what he remembers, but I am curious if he watched it at all.

Edit : ninjas

He did remember that black kryptonite was dangerous when he and Kon went to Krypton and while Zoat said he originally wanted to have him think that she's fine until she started acting like a supervillain, he remembered that Paul encountered it previously so Paul may just be playing along.

Last edited:
[Rogue] smiles as she approaches, pulling off her right glove and using her exposed hand to scoop cake off my right cheek. She then… Inserts the middle three fingers into her mouth, making a loudSucking noi-.

"Ew! Gross!"

Jubilee pulls a face, then turns and double-times out of the kitchen as Rogue pulls out her fingers, her tongue following them-

[...]

[Le Beau] blinks, his surliness momentarily shocked into abeyance.

"You plannin' on helping me? Why?"

"Because it's one thing to win a race because you were the better man on the day, and quite another to win it because the other man didn't bother turning up on the day. If I don't help you, I get to spend the rest of my life wondering if Rogue's with me because I'm the best bet out of the handful of people she could be with.
So that's how he ended up wanting to adopt her. I couldn't imagine how they'd get there from the introduction they got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back