• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

7th October 2012
06:43 GMT -7

Who's A Silly Pony?
I open my eyes. Something's… Off.

"Con-founded-!"
Hmm. Does the Renegade have a visitor? I suppose fair's fair, since he's visited his lady far more often than she has him. Though it seems she's having as much trouble with bipedal locomotion as Sunset did...

Y.. ess…

I pull off my duvet and carefully get out of bed. I'm far to heavy and too strong to throw my weight around, even on a bed built for someone my size plus guest. To say nothing of the risk to anyone who was here with me. Bethany is quite a bit tougher than a baseline human but if she had a nightmare and in the morning fug I rolled the wrong way…
I'm guessing that he generally lets his lady-friends take the lead, then. :oops: Otherwise, the fun times might well be apocalyptic for the furniture... And possibly the lady. :eek: Man of granite, woman of marshmellow?

"…monkey pastern..!"

Hm. No real need to armour up just yet. I can stay in my pyjamas until it's time to take the children to school. I amble over to my bedroom door and push it open, taking a moment to connect my metaphysique with the arcane systems of Challenger Mountain-.
On the up side, you'll get to hear how widely-travelled Luna's vocabulary is. Though I doubt even she could equal Captain Haddock...

A woman-. Luna, glares at me from the floor at the end of the corridor. Skin a shade lighter than my usual illusory false-face combined with vibrant blue hair… Not sure why Starswirl's Mirror didn't allow her to keep her usual starry mane, but who am I to argue with a dead stallion? The Mirror also seems to have interpreted her peytral as an evening dress a jewellery rather than.. armour-.

"Dost thou not intend to lift Us to Our feet?!"
...I don't know, there's all manner of fun times the two of you could have in this position.

She's lying on her front, trying to push herself up a little with her thumbs-. Ah, yes, I see what she's doing wrong. Her hair is far longer than her mane was, and since she hasn't tied it up at all it's splayed all over the floor. She doesn't look physically injured, though her pride is clearly a little bruised.

"But of course, my love."
Dear god, his daughters are going to love playing around with all that hair... It'll be like a giant, life-size styling toy.

I stride down the corridor, crouching next to her as she inexpertly flails at me with her hands in an attempt to get a grip.

"Monkey infants can perform.. basic.. grasping..!"
Yes, but you don't have the benefit of a monkey's instincts. If you were anything like Sunset, you tried to walk on fingertips and tip-toes at first, didn't you? :p

"Monkey infants weren't born a midget horse. Can you rest them by your sides?"

She grimaces, bending her elbows so that her arms fold up at her sides with her hands by her shoulders. Her head turns to face the floor and her hair completely enshrouds her head.
In other words, she's adopted the laying posture of a young pony... Adorable.

"Lifting you in two, one…"

My hands go under her arms and lift as I stand, her body trailing limply beneath them. Luna raises her head slightly and tries impotently to blow her hair out of her face.
Gonna take more than that little puff to move that much hair. Seriously, that must be amazingly heavy. Long hair weighs a ton, even dry.

"How dost the females of thine species function?"

"They have these things called 'scissors'..? I have no idea why the Mirror made your hair this long."
And now I wonder what a haircut that severe on this side would translate into on the other... Something akin to Dash's shorter styles? Or Maud Pie's bob...

She takes a breath.

"Lower Us. We shall attempt to remain balanced 'pon Our hind hooves."
For about as long as it takes for gravity to take hold. And she's a harsh mistress.

"Iiiii'm not sure that's a good idea."

"Thou'st managed when first thou visited Our realm."
He had the benefit of a flight aura, so that he could keep his body at the right height.

"Ponies have four legs. They're more stable. If you get one wrong the other three will usually keep you upright."

Hm.
And I doubt she's willing to resort to crutches as a.. crutch. :confused: Er... You know what I mean!

I set her down for a moment and shift my hands even as she instinctively tries to stand on the tips of her toes. Right hand in the middle of her back, left forearm against the backs of her thighs and lift as she starts to overbalance. Luna blinks as she suddenly finds herself in a bridal carry, and I take a moment to realise how much smaller she seems like this.

She looks up at me, and has another go at blowing her hair out of her face. Between her exhalation and whipping her head to the side she mostly managed it.
At least she's not as.. pnuematic.. as some depictions of her as a human or anthropomorphic pony. Those would make it even harder to adjust.

"Good morning, Luna. Doing something different with your mane?"

She tries to snort, but the human nose isn't really designed for that.
So, a cute 'harrumph'. Adorable.

"We wert intending-!"

I lift her a little higher up and kiss her gently on the lips. The act seems to calm her slightly.
Probably taking note of the subtle differences between Pony lips and Human. I suspect there's a few.

"Yes. Like that. We intended to infiltrate your sleeping quarters and present Ourself. But this is impossible!"

She looks adorably cross about the whole situation.
Heh. cute even when she's angry, eh? Sure love isn't making you a little blind, Grayven? :p

"You made it most of the way."

"We were supposed to be here-! We spend hours crawling upon your floor, flailing in a vain attempt at locomotion."
...How long did Sunset take to get the hang of walking, again?

"I certainly appreciate the effort."

Ah… I think it would be best to deposit her on a seat at the breakfast table. She should be able to keep herself upright without.. help…
...The kids are going to squee into the ultra-sonic range, aren't they?

"You're not missing moonset, are you?"

"Our sister has volunteered to take the strain. We are.. frustrated that we have squandered her favour so."
Given she's done it for centuries until recently, I doubt it's much of an imposition for her. And she's probably more than happy to let Luna have a morning off.

"No, no, this can be a bonding activity." I start carrying her in the direction of the dining room. "But did you not bump into a genomorph at some point? They could easily have loaded Sunset's knowledge of bipedal locomotion into your brain."

"After what happened last time, We thought it best to avoid such techniques. We may have need to it for the good of Our realm, and so would hate to discombobulate Our mind mastering something frivolous. And…"
And if the Genomorphs could sense her irritation, they probably decided it best to merely keep watch...

She glances away awkwardly.

"We remember that you were at least somewhat ambulatory during our first meeting."
Again, flight aura. Amazing how easy it is to learn to move when you're not fighting gravity.

"Yeah, I'm just amazing. How are you coping with not being able to levitate things?"

"Not being able to walk is of greater concern to Us." … "Though We will admit that being carried in this fashion is not a wholly unpleasant experience. There is no true equivalent amongst ponykind."
I doubt Unicorn telekinesis is so... Intimate.

"Daddy, who is that?"

Sarah stares up at us from her seat at the breakfast table, vacuum pack of blood grasped in her hands. As haemovores, they do need to ingest blood. The problem is making sure that they aren't driven into a frenzy whenever they start to feel hungry.
Heh, bit of a midnight snack, then? Or getting an early start on breakfast ahead of the others. Some kids are just early risers, after all.

"This is Luna."

She frowns, taking another suck.
Thankfully, Luna can't smell the blood, with her inferior - if cute - human nose.

"No it's not. Luna's a horsie."

I crane my neck in her direction and pointedly raise my eyebrows. "Luna's a what?"
I mean... How old is she, to still be using a bit of baby talk? x3

She thinks for a moment. "Ponie?"

I smile. "That's right. But this time she came through the-" I slide a chair out with my right foot. "-Mirror, rather than a Boom Tube. You know how I transform when I do that?"
Hmm... Have the kids been through yet, besides Ace? Because I'm picturing a colourful little brood of bat-ponies.

She smiles, nodding. "Daddy turns into a horsi-."

"Aah."

"Horse."
Close enough.

I nod. "And when a pony like Sunset comes through from the other side?"

"They turn human?"
Got it in one, kiddo. Admittedly, a very pretty human.

"Which is why-" I gently deposit Luna in a chair before heading towards the kitchen. "-she's having a little trouble moving around. Luna? Feel like testing out those omnivore taste buds with some bacon?"
One bite in: "How can a chunk of dead pig taste sooo good?" ...And yes, I know Ponies do eat more than grains and flowers and apples... But I suspect meat would not be a common taste they'd encounter.

Well, we finally get Luna as a human, and it's as cute an experience as I had hoped for. Sure, a little embarrassing for her, but once the kids get their hands on her (especially her hair) she'll probably find it worth it. Though she may want to take up that offer of Genomorph assistance in mastering mobility. Otherwise, it might get more embarrassing to have to ride Grayven around.

...and in the morning fug I rolled the wrong way…
... and in the morning fugue I rolled the wrong way...
... as an evening dress a jewellery rather than..
... as an evening dress and jewellery rather than..

Last edited:
I'm guessing that he generally lets his lady-friends take the lead, then. :oops: Otherwise, the fun times might well be apocalyptic for the furniture... And possibly the lady. :eek: Man of granite, woman of marshmellow

We already had an example like this happen with renegade, albeit offscreen.

Apparently during his ogre sex cult days one of the women tried something...inadvisable and got injured.

"Which is why-" I gently deposit Luna in a chair before heading towards the kitchen. "-she's having a little trouble moving around. Luna? Feel like testing out those omnivore taste buds with some bacon?"
Oh? You've never eaten before with this mouth?

Why not try the taste equivalent of a nuclear bomb!

I've been waiting to see Luna turn into a human for a while now, and it's even more adorable than I had hoped for.

Speaking of Grayven and his girlfriend...
I'm perfectly happy to act as your political cheerleader."

I still believe that Jade only got me that costume because she didn't credit the idea that I'd actually wear it.
I'm not sure I've ever seen Luna react to that side of Grayven, his willingness to put himself in ridiculous situations.

"Great!" Bleez smiles and flaps over to Jade, smiling at her. "Think we could pick up some knives while we're here? You look like a knife-girl."
She's got good eyes.

Luna the Alicorn sure. Luna the human? New God?
This comes across as the first time she has been bipedal. When could her current body have been added to the system?

It's probably scanning things like her magic or soul.

Or maybe renegade brought some or genetic material through the mirror before and it turned into what she is now so he added it to the system.

Not sure why Starswirl's Mirror didn't allow her to keep her usual starry mane, but who am I to argue with a dead stallion?
He doesn't recall that Starswirl is still alive?
Surprised he doesn't have a warning system for when unscheduled visits come from the other side?

she's not as.. pnuematic.. as some depictions of her as a human or
???
Could be an Earth Pony thing.
Probably more a Maud thing.
Someone might want to point out to Zoat that Pony's in My Little Pony are already Omnivores, hence the whole eating "Eggs" thing that is directly shown and stated on screen...
Show probably couldn't figure out how to do bakery without that basic necessity.

He doesn't recall that Starswirl is still alive?
Happened after he left Earth Prime. He didn't know who Sunset Shimmer was either.
Surprised he doesn't have a warning system for when unscheduled visits come from the other side?
There probably is one, but he doesn't need to be personally informed every time Sunset feels like popping home.
At least she's not as.. pnuematic.. as some depictions of her as a human or anthropomorphic pony. Those would make it even harder to adjust.
large.png
full.png
557925.jpg

Last edited:
Horses and deer and cows are... Opportunistic carnivores, I think?
Yeah. Horses and cows will eat a baby chicken (grew up on a farm, horrifying the first time you see it at 8), and deer go hunting for bird nests to close to the ground. Many herbivores will eat birds when given the chance )specifically the legs, because of how much calcium is present).

There probably is one, but he doesn't need to be personally informed every time Sunset feels like popping home.

large.png
full.png
557925.jpg
I mean for whatever is coming thru rather than leaving. Last thing anyone needs is a Changeling or worse coming thru to try their fortune here and\or screw up his place and\or steal his stuff.

Also she doesn't look particularly flat in 2 if those picks.
Also I don't understand people that prefer Flat or the whole concept of Flat Is Justice.

What's that bug thing in the crook of her arm? Is it a helmet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back