• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

I mean, the purpose of Black Ops personnel is to conduct operations that one cannot be seen attached to. Though granted, it makes more sense to rotate them out regularly so as to prevent a catastrophic loss/compromise of information and institutional knowledge when a team is captured or killed.

The funny thing in all this?

The Guardians are probably being honest. Because if they really wanted to get rid of Grayven all they would have to do is publish the laundry list of his crimes to every planet in the Galaxy and issue a GLC wide arrest warrant for him.

It's all but stated in the comics that Larfleeze can't turn Guardians into constructs.
He assimilated one after getting the Orange Central Power Battery. Maybe the Guardians became stronger over time, to the point where Larfleeze couldn't assimilate them as easily anymore?

The funny thing in all this?

The Guardians are probably being honest. Because if they really wanted to get rid of Grayven all they would have to do is publish the laundry list of his crimes to every planet in the Galaxy and issue a GLC wide arrest warrant for him.
If it was that easy to take down a high-mid to high level Apokoliptian, the Guardians would have done so for Darkseid and his elite millennia ago. They probably also wouldn't want to incite the chaos such an act would create.

Just my 2 cents, but probably would have gotten better results to contact the leader of the GL Corpse and say I have one of your people attacking me, want him back? A show of power, and lets the guardians save face.

"Let's see how this goes. Vykin's Mother Box, connect me to Highfather Izaya the Inheritor."
Ping?
"Yes, really."
I don't have a problem with this idea. I do have a problem with the idea that it worked, when he was rebuffed before.
When he found out O.G.rayven was coming for Vega. Tied to approach for a face to face meeting, with the Highfathers abandoned son in hand even. And got turned away with force.

Why wasn't contacting the Highfather through a motherbox an option then?
He had one made by Himon, who I believe made all the New Genesis motherboxes, including Highfathers.
One should have been able to contact the other. Scott/Barda also had a captured one that was refusing to work with themfor a long time, but changed its stance in this story.

Meanwhile, Larfleeze is also shown with a construct lantern guardian.
Which I believe Zoat referenced.
IIRC, the First Citadelian got a ring made from that particular Construct when Paul yoinked them all.
We all know. Including the Vermin guy. It's just, he is slime and doesn't debate in good faith. So when relevant source materials contradicts themselves and Zoat has to favor one over the other, Vaermina will focus on the one Zoat didn't pick, ignore everything else, and accuse him of being wrong.

Too bad for New Genesis, though, having to give Renegade a big concession in that unspecified favour.

Imagine Grayven blowing their minds by using the favor for something innocent and just generally acting in benevolent ways that completely contradict their profile of him.

I wonder what High Father's reaction would be to seeing Pony!Grayven sing a Heartsong with Luna about love and friendship?

Last edited:
Maybe change it 'sixty' since you already had fifty percent.
"Oh, that is interesting. Pass it here?"
I have what's left of your 'Corpse' as my prisoners, and I was wondering-."
Thank you, corrected.
Just my 2 cents, but probably would have gotten better results to contact the leader of the GL Corpse and say I have one of your people attacking me, want him back? A show of power, and lets the guardians save face.
Thing is...
I don't have a problem with this idea. I do have a problem with the idea that it worked, when he was rebuffed before.
When he found out O.G.rayven was coming for Vega. Tied to approach for a face to face meeting, with the Highfathers abandoned son in hand even. And got turned away with force.

It was. He sent Orion to the meeting.
He had one made by Himon, who I believe made all the New Genesis motherboxes, including Highfathers.

One should have been able to contact the other. Scott/Barda also had a captured one that was refusing to work with themfor a long time, but changed its stance in this story.
It worked here because he was using Vykin's Box and he had hostages.

One should have been able to contact the other. Scott/Barda also had a captured one that was refusing to work with themfor a long time, but changed its stance in this story

Why would Highfather answer him if he called him then?

As far as Highfather could be concerned, it could have been a trap or something sinister.

Plus, this Motherbox came from Vikyn, who has contact with Highfather, while the other two may not be fully reliable, since Himon may have somehow been captured and turned and Scott may have also been corrupted by Apokolips, as far as Izaya is concerned.

"Bad news for you, chum. But I guess they wouldn't be deniable operations if they weren't deniable. Finish the assimilation."

i'm glad it's not used often, but this is one of my favorite parts of the whole OL mythos. i liked Paragon's construct lackeys, and am curious what Grayven can do with this one.

side question, because my memory is fuzzy: didn't Grayven assimilate Vandal Savage and R'as Al'Ghul, gaining their thousands of years' worth of knowledge?

didn't Grayven assimilate Vandal Savage and R'as Al'Ghul, gaining their thousands of years' worth of knowledge?
Gaining a massive headache as he tried integrating all of those memories, before dumping them out of his brain. He still gets flashes of vague recollection, but other than enabling allies to gather up all of Savage's resources he doesn't use it much now.

i'm glad it's not used often, but this is one of my favorite parts of the whole OL mythos. i liked Paragon's construct lackeys, and am curious what Grayven can do with this one.

I feel that the wonders of a metamorphic shapeshifter for infiltration is somewhat lost when they glow bright orange at all times.

We're talking about a universal emotional force that has embodiments that are shaped like animals and the love embodiment is shaped almost like a xenomorph.

Logic doesn't apply here.

People tend to forget here that the lights of the Electromagnetic Emotional Spectrum are just that- light.

Light can be manipulated, altered.

Hal once used blueshifting (or is that redshifting, I can never remember which is which) to turn his green energy attack into a yellow energy attack to melt his opponent's green lantern ring.

Villains once made rings of other colors by stealing the GLC Central Power Battery and putting the light through a crystal, using it as a prism. Dr Light was DC's first orange lantern, by the by.

In Justice Hal Jordan tricked Sinestro by using a yellow ring filtered through blue kryptonite to make it look like he was using his green ring. So Sinestro's ring ran out of power because the two rings were working off of the same charge.

And it's apparently an advanced technique, but in the comics Green Lanterns can make constructs that aren't green. As Kyle's imaginary friend Oblivion stated "With all due respect to Kermit the Frog, it's not easy not being green."

Last edited:
Didn't Larfreeze assimilate a Guardian? That knew he was coming? Grayven with and Orange and a Yellow ring is above their weight class.
Actually, what did Renegade do with the Construct-Ogandu? I don't remember him giving it to Hinon or anything, and he's not close enough to the Controllers anyway. Having access to a construct-Guardian should be a big deal.

I think completing the assimilation instead of just branding Von Daggle for now (I forget if Renegade can do that, but he does have super-tech, New God tech and metaphysical Conquest powers too, so functionally restraining Daggle should be feasible) is taking things too far in the moment, but I guess it's called the Renegade path for a reason.

A bit surprised the Corpse is showing up in the Renegade rather than Paragon storyline, but I suppose it's a lot easier to go 'Apokaliptian, release the death squad' even if in many ways Paragon represents a greater threat to the GLC (not just in force but in ideology and the socio-political influence- I'd be fascinated by seeing more exploration of the developments and possible schisms in the Lanternism planet, and the possible new Church of Orange that'll spring up).

I'm pretty tired of virtually all the New Genesis New Gods being useless so far, though I'm not really blaming Zoat for that when that tends to be what happens when the narrative in most DC media wants Apokalips to be the primary threat to the universe. Kind of hoping Orion can show a better side of himself in the Paragon timeline, maybe in fighting Grayven or something that has a tangible positive impact that we can see in the story.

It's literally named as something they do as a standard in the comics.

It's all but stated in the comics that Larfleeze can't turn Guardians into constructs.

bftjGfW.png

Its comics. He does the next best thing.

I think completing the assimilation instead of just branding Von Daggle for now (I forget if Renegade can do that, but he does have super-tech, New God tech and metaphysical Conquest powers too, so functionally restraining Daggle should be feasible

He can do that.

He actually Branded Desaad.

It didn't work out for him.

A bit surprised the Corpse is showing up in the Renegade rather than Paragon storyline, but I suppose it's a lot easier to go 'Apokaliptian, release the death squad' even if in many ways Paragon represents a greater threat to the GLC (not just in force but in ideology and the socio-political influence- I'd be fascinated by seeing more exploration of the developments and possible schisms in the Lanternism planet, and the possible new Church of Orange that'll spring up).

Like Zoat said, the Guardians may not be so worried about Paragon since he's working with the Controllers and fighting the Reach, while renegade isn't doing those things, so they're trying to stop him.

Lightray laughs as he rapidly evades the squad sent after him, completely missing the destroyers descending through the atmosphere with their flack turrets pointing downwards. The Lanterns back off and raise barriers as the ships fire and Lightray falls burning from the sky.
Is Lightray dead? I'm not concerned merely curious.

Hal once used blueshifting (or is that redshifting, I can never remember which is which) to turn his green energy attack into a yellow energy attack to melt his opponent's green lantern ring.

Technically it's Both Red and Blue Shifting, it's dependent on where you're observing from.

The Doppler Effect works on both sound waves and light waves, and is best demonstrated with listening to a train on tracks. Stationary, the train horn sounds as normal, but when it is approaching you the tone of the horn sounds higher, and when moving away it sounds lower. This is because the point the noise is being made from is moving, shorting or lengthening the period between sound waves as they ripple outwards towards the observer.

Same thing happens with light waves, though the speeds involved are much higher to shift such things from the lower end of the visible light spectrum of Red to the higher end of blue, and vice versa. Good thing Lanterns are able to FTL so well.

Is Lightray dead? I'm not concerned merely curious.
No, just severely injured. He'll need a few days.
Either a colon or a comma instead of a semicolon.
Thank you, corrected.
Technically it's Both Red and Blue Shifting, it's dependent on where you're observing from.

The Doppler Effect works on both sound waves and light waves, and is best demonstrated with listening to a train on tracks. Stationary, the train horn sounds as normal, but when it is approaching you the tone of the horn sounds higher, and when moving away it sounds lower. This is because the point the noise is being made from is moving, shorting or lengthening the period between sound waves as they ripple outwards towards the observer.

Same thing happens with light waves, though the speeds involved are much higher to shift such things from the lower end of the visible light spectrum of Red to the higher end of blue, and vice versa. Good thing Lanterns are able to FTL so well.
That was back when power rings worked a bit differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back